InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love V.S Hate! ❯ This Was All My Doing! ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
Kagome, Nobunaga, and Inu Yasha awoke to find themselves in a secret underground cavern.
 
Nobunaga recognized it as the same place where he and the Princess confessed their love for each other.
 
This was the one safe place that Master-Hime wouldn't be able to find them.
 
“Big Brother!” called a small voice. Nobunaga turned around, “Orca!” he cried.
 
The two brothers came together in a big hug. “I'm so glad you are alright.” cried Nobunaga. “Orca, I must know, how did you escape?”
 
Orca pointed behind him at the cloaked figure. “Who are you?” asked Nobunaga.
 
The guard pulled off her mask, revealing her face. “P-Princess Tsuyu?” he cried.
 
“Oh, My-Lord Nobunaga!” she cried throwing her arms around him, “I thought I'd never see you again!”
 
Nobunaga felt his own tears coming to his face. He wrapped his arms around his wife, and kissed her gently.
 
“Humph… Figures she'd be the one!” growled Inu Yasha; “SIT BOY!” snapped Kagome.
 
Inu Yasha crashed into the dirt. “How can you be so insensitive!” she replied, “The Princess just saved our lives!”
 
“For now I have.” said Tsuyu, “But the battle is not over yet. We must destroy that beast as soon as possible.”
 
Nobunaga looked down at her, “Are you certain you wish to do that?” he asked.
 
Tsuyu nodded, “Fear not My Lord.” She said, “For that beast may look like my father, but he is really not my father.”
 
“Yes, it is true.” said a strange voice from in the shadows of the cavern. “Who are you?” asked Nobunaga.
 
The old-man came into the light, “Nobunaga, I am so glad to see you have escaped unharmed.” he said.
 
“Master-Hime?” cried Nobunaga, “Is it truly you?” The other man Smiled, “Yes Nobunaga, I am the true Master!”
 
“But how can you be here?” asked Kagome, “I thought we left you up there.”
 
Master-Hime shook his head. “I'm afraid this is all my doing.” He said, “Come sit by the fire, and I will tell you everything!”
 
Everyone gathered round the bonfire, Kagome even brought some tea in her pack.
 
“It all started nearly two weeks ago!” said Master-Hime.
 
* * *
 
“I received word that Tsuyu had divorced her Lord, and married up with Nobunaga.”
 
“Now normally it is against all laws and order for a vassal to marry a Princess, at least that's what I assumed.”
 
“However, I had also heard that my daughter had been treated very mean, and that her Ex-Lord was threatening Nobunaga's life.”
 
“I always had a suspicion that Nobunaga had a soft spot for my daughter, but was unwell to come forth with his feelings.”
 
“I knew he was afraid that this would mean as a fierce desecrate to the laws of royalty.”
 
“But now that I see all the glorious things Nobunaga has done for the People of Wassashi, I could never be more proud of him.”
 
“Not to mention, all that I really wanted was my people and family to find happiness.”
 
* * *
 
“My Lord.” said Nobunaga, “So does this mean that I…?” Master-Hime smiled even wider.
 
“Yes Nobunaga, You have indeed proven to be a man of strong moral character!”
 
“You saved my daughter, and earned her heart, and you even brought on peace to your subjects!”
 
“In all the suitors I have tried to pass my daughter to, I could never find another like you in 1000 years!”
 
“You deserve my Daughters heart, and nothing would make me happier to call you… my Son!”
 
With tears of happiness in both their eyes, Nobunaga bowed down to him, and his daughter hugged him.
 
“But wait!” said Kagome, “If you don't mind the marriage, then how is the Demon your fault?”
 
“That… is where it all went wrong!” said Master-Hime.
 
* * *
 
“While taking my morning stroll out on the meadows, I had cut my leg on a very rare and poisonous plant!”
 
“The venom of this plant was churning into my blood, and weakening me severely.”
 
“When I was brought back to Kai, our priests and monks indicated that I would die very shortly, unless the poison was extracted from my body.”
 
“That night, our very best workers, had prepared me for this risky move.”
 
“Using a small dagger soaked in an antidote, they had cut a gash in my leg, and at once, the black venom was extracted.”
 
“However, before we could safely discard the venom away, the village was attack by Fox-demons.”
 
“I would have helped out the villagers in any way I could, but I was still far too weak to even move.”
 
“One of the Demons had discovered the urn containing the venom of the plant, which also contained part of my blood.”
 
“Mistaking it for a magic-spell, he consumed the mixture, but nothing could prepare me for what happened next!”
 
“The demon had taken my on very forum. I had created a Demon that was an exact copy of me!”
 
“He wanted to be like me, a ruler. So he gathered up his followers, and the village was enslaved and crushed.”
 
“Those guards you fought were actually indestructible clones of the enslaved villagers of Kai, who were locked up in another dimension!”
 
* * *
 
“With that monster on the loose, there's no telling what he will do to us and anyone who lives in a peaceful land.”
 
“Well that explains why the guards don't stay down.” said Inu Yasha, “But what are we supposed to do now?”
 
“There seems to be no other option.” said Nobunaga, “We simply must stop that Demon.”
 
“But how are we to do that My Lord?” asked the Princess, “That demon is so very powerful!”
 
Suddenly, Orca had the solution, “I think I know the only way.” He said, “His Maskof the cursed Fox!”
 
“Of course!” said Kagome, “I remember, you said that he sold his soul for the mask!”
 
“His life-force, and his very existence, depends on it!” added Nobunaga.
 
“Bull's-eye!” cried Inu Yasha, “So all we have to do is destroy that mask, and he's as good as dead!”
 
Tsuyu suddenly looked nervous, “We've all forgotten an important detail.” She said, “The Mask was left near the castle-grounds.”
 
Everyone looked down in fear. The only way to get the mask now was to head back to the grounds… into the lion's den!”
 
What if the demon caught up with them? What if they couldn't destroy the mask in time?
 
Suddenly, Kagome had an Idea, she gathered everyone around and bean whispering the plan to them all.
 
When she was finished, everyone agreed that this plot might just help them out.
 
She reached into her pack, pulled out the sacred jewel-shards, and began to focus on their powers using her priestess-like essence.