InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love V.S Hate! ❯ The Final Showdown!!! ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
The giant Master-Hime demon was still searching around for the others, and sure enough, he wasn't wearing his mask at all.
 
The mask just lay on the ground where his castle once stood right behind him.
 
Suddenly, he turned around and saw Princess Tsuyu reaching out to grab the mask.
 
“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!” he thundered firing a bolt of lightning towards her. She was dodged it just in time.
 
“Give it up You-Fiend!!” yelled Nobunaga from behind, “It would seem that we are far too much for you to handle!”
 
“YOU…!” growled the demon, “You're a fool to challenge me at this state!”
 
“I AM ALL POWERFUL!”
 
“So you think you are!” mocked Nobunaga, “You can't even be rid of what was once… a mere vassal!”
 
The Demon's eye's narrowed as he bent down to grasp him in his arms. “A problem I mean to rectify…RIGHT NOW!!!”
 
“NOBUNAGA!!!” cried the Princess.
 
The Demon was getting ready to crush Nobunaga like a bug, when suddenly…
 
POOF!!!
 
It was Inu Yasha and the real Master-Hime. With the power of one of the jewel-shards, they were able to take on Nobunaga's forum.
 
“WHAT'S THIS!?
“Fooled you good!” mocked Inu Yasha, “HURRY NOBUNAGA!!!” called Master-Hime.
 
The Demon turned and saw Nobunaga was racing towards the mask on his horse.
 
“I shall tend to you two later!” growled the Demon slamming the two in his palm to the ground.
 
Inu Yasha and Master-Hime lay on the ground stiff as a pair of boars, until the girls carried them away to safety.
 
Nobunaga was forcing his horse to go faster than she'd ever gone before. He was nearing the mask.
 
The Demon rook in a deep breath, and blew so hard that the wind knocked Nobunaga to the ground, and his horse ran away.
 
“MY LORD!!!” cried Tsuyu, but she couldn't run and help him. She had to watch over her fallen father.
 
Kagome didn't have any arrows left, so she couldn't try to hit the mask. Not that it mattered; she had to keep an eye on Inu Yasha anyways.
 
Nobunaga struggled awake. The mask was just in front of him, but before he could reach it…
 
The Demon used his powers to make the ground below Nobunaga rise up to form a tall steep pillar.
 
“Now then… why don't we heat things up a bit!” he chuckled as he clashed his hands together.
 
The ground all around them began to give away, and in almost no time, a gigantic pool of molten-lava had appeared.
 
The Demon just hovered above it in the center. The girls, Inu Yasha, and Master-Hime were stranded on a very small pillar-isle near the edge.
The mask was safely lying on top of a straight pillar directly below where the Demon was afloat.
 
Just then, Nobunaga's pillar broke in two, and was slowly sinking into the pool, while at the same, time floating toward the mask.
 
Nobunaga climbed to the top of his sinking rock, and tried to reach for the mask, but missed.
 
His rock was sinking into lava fast. He tried to reach the mask with his katana, but still couldn't teach it.
 
Above him, the Demon laughed loudly. “Give it up, Boy!” he snarled as he blasted the rock, and it sank even further.
 
“You shall never have My Mask!” he replied, “There is no one to save you this time!”
 
“HEY YOU THERE!!!” screamed a voice from behind. It was Orca, coming in flying on a Ninja's kite.
 
“LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE!!!!”
 
He flew perfectly past the Demon, and down toward the mask. “YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE WRETCH!!!” shouted the Demon.
 
He aimed a blast for Orca's kite, but missed as Orca grasped the Mask in his arms.
 
The Demon charged his energy to full-power, and fired again, and Orca was hit hard.
 
His kite was burned to ash, and Orca flew SMACK onto the wall of the pool and plummeted onto a small rock with the mask.
 
Inu Yasha and Master-Hime awakened just in time to see the commotion. “No… It can't be!” cried Tsuyu.
 
It seemed to be so. Orca wasn't dead, but he was very badly burnt. His robes were burnt, his skin was burnt, and his hair was badly tangled.
 
“Oh… How very sad!” laughed the Demon, “Good help is so hard to find these days, isn't it Nobunaga!”
 
Suddenly, Orca began moving. Summoning up the last of all his might he raised his foot….
 
“I… TOLD YOU…TO LEAVE… MY BROTHER… ALONE!!!!!” he screamed. In a quick flash, he kicked the mask of the rock, and he collapsed.
 
“NO… MY MASK!!!” cried the Demon, but it was too late. For the mask had already plopped into the lava, and began to melt away.
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”
 
Suddenly, Orca's rock began to crumple. Nobunaga reached over as far as he could, and took his little brother in his arms.
 
From up above, the Demon was moaning and growling in pain, as his body began to glow an angry-red.
 
The mask was melting away fast in the lava. Finally, it rose up out of the pool, spun round and around really fast, and then…
 
KAPOW… It was gone!!!
 
Next, their surroundings began to rumble and quake, and the lava pool was beginning to close up.
 
Inu Yasha grabbed the girls in both arms, allowing Master-Hime to hop onto his back.
 
“HOLD ON TIGHT!” he yelled, as he leaped of their crumpling pillar to safety on the other side.
 
* * *
At the very same time, a mean cyclone had appeared, and everything the Demon had unleashed was being sucked up into it.
 
His guards, the remains of his castle, the Dark-Jungle, and then he himself was absorbed.
 
* * *
 
Nobunaga was waving with his free arm to Inu Yasha, coming to save him and Orca.
 
Inu Yasha grabbed the boys, and leapt off the rock just as it bubbled under the lava.
 
Once back on the main-land, the lava pool had sealed completely, as the ground was restores to normal, as if there never was a lava pit.
 
* * *
 
Up in the sky, two strange vortexes appeared. The first, which had a glow of white light, appeared over the land behind them.
 
The other, which had a nasty glow of darkness, appeared over the spinning cyclone containing the evil-ones.
 
The Dark-Vortex struck the cyclone, and began absorbing everything it contained, banishing the evil ones straight to the…Under-World.
 
The cyclone had almost been completely absorbed into the vortex, and it began to close up.
 
“THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!” cried the Demon, “I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO FAIL!!!”
 
The last of the cyclone was absorbed, and the vortex bust into dark-sparkles in the sky… It was gone.
 
* * *
 
The white vortex began glowing brighter than ever, and appearing in the light were all the buildings and structures of the land of Kai.
 
They were then followed by all the villagers who were released from their detainment now that the Fox-Demon army was gone.
 
The last of the buildings and villagers had appeared, and the white vortex vanished in the sky.
 
From behind it all, the sun began to rise in the sky, and the dawn of a New Day had begun.
 
The villagers cheered and cheered for joy over Nobunaga's victory, but Nobunaga didn't feel much like celebrating.
 
* * *
 
Just outside of the restored village, Nobunaga had tears in his eyes. His little brother lay motionless in his arms.
 
“Orca!” he cried softly as he held his brother close to him.
 
Tsuyu put her arm on Nobunaga's shoulder, also in tears over the loss of the young one.
 
“He saved our lives!” cried Nobunaga, “He saved our lives, by risking his own!”
 
Suddenly, Orca coughed and hacked, and forced his eyes open. “And I would do it again, and again for you… big brother!”
 
Nobunaga felt his heart cry out in happiness, “It's a miracle!” he cried; “Oh… Orca!” cried Tsuyu.
 
Inu Yasha, Kagome and Master-Hime danced about in happiness, “HE'S ALIVE!!!” they all cried.
 
“Let's hear it!” said Kagome.
 
“HIP-HP…!”
“HURRAY!!!!!”
 
Then, they all headed into the village, to join in with the celebration. The Demons were gone, and peace was once again restored.