InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once upon a cell phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: Kagome brings a cell phone to the past… and it works? What's all this got to do with our favorite monk?
 
Pairings: Mir/Kag San/Inu Shippo/OC
 
Genre: Romance/angst
 
Rating: Mature for eventual mating of Miroku Kagome. Yay sex scenes! It won't be this chapter though… damn… it wont be for a while… DAMN YOU, PLOT LINE! I THOUGHT I KILLED YOU WITH GUARD DOG!
 
Etc: My mom thinks I'm a freak… I just read her the rating thing and she gave me that look. Then I read her this, and she gave me the look again… and then again…
 
Disclaimer: Anonymous Fangirl- momma, do I own anything?
Mom- No. Everything is mine.
Anonymous Fangirl- …Thought so…
 
 
 
More ETC: I went to Suncoast today and bought volume 6 of From far away, Which I highly recommend to anyone who likes Fushigi Yugi and/or Inuyasha, and THEY SLICED OFF THE MAIN CHARECTORS ARM!!! I would have been less shocked if Miroku came out of my television and asked me to bear his child! Izark is supposed to be invincible! AND ALMOST HALF WAY THROUGH THE SERIES, HE NOT ONLY SHEDS BLOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME BUT LOSES HIS ARM!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!???!!! And now I have to wait for volume 7 to come out… DAMN YOU KYOKO HIKAWA!!!! AT LEAST RUMIKO TAKAHASHI ALMOST NEVER HAD CLIFF HANGERS!!!
 
 
Chapter Five
 
 
 
Inuyasha and Sango stared at each other over the microwave.
 
“Do you know how to work it?” Sango asked as she eyed the black cube that Kagome called a microwave warily, almost expecting it to ask her what it wanted, much like the newly introduced cell phones did.
 
“No.” Said Inuyasha. “ Do you think Kagome does?”
 
Sango looked angerily flustered. “OF COURSE SHE KNOWS HOW TO USE IT! SHE USED IT YESTERDAY!”
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “No, Miroku ended up using it yesterday. Kagome just glared at it all day and almost didn't drink the hot chocolate Miroku offered her. Do you know what happened?”
 
Sango shrugged. “I don't know… yesterday she was yelling at it… something about it should be able to work with metal…”
 
Inuyasha poked the black box from doom with the end of the scabbard of the tetsuiga. “Do you think it has a spirit in it or something? You know, you talk to it and it cooks your food for you?”
 
Sango poked it quickly and pulled her hand back as if it was on fire. “You mean… like it's a tiny servant? Is Kagome an improtant Lady in her time period? Does everyon have one in her time period?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “I dunno. She lives in a shrine. Her grandfather leads it, so maybe in the future they still regard priestesses as important people in the future.”
 
Sango nodded as she dared to step closer to the microwave. “So…” Sango didn't want to touch it… she still remembered when Shippo had dipped the black cord with metal on the end in to the river while it was running, and suddenly he was down for the count. Kagome had screamed bloody murder before she had began to explain the rules of electronics.
 
Number one Do not dip anything electroincal in water. You can either end up electricuted or it will break.
 
Sango didn't want to end up passed out from a tiny black box, so she stared at it with a sort of passive agression from a safe distance. And she made sure her hand was resting on the scabbard of the sword that she never seemed to use at all times.
 
A girl could never be too safe when dealing with items from the future.
 
After all, if you could send your voice through time and space, who knew what other things you could do with some of the things Kagome could bring back!
 
Inuyasha scoffed as he worked up the courage to dart around it. “I don't see what the big deal is about cooking your food in thirty seconds or less. I think it's just fine waiting for water to boil over a fire. And you can use metal!
 
Sango sighed.
 
Rule number Two Never put metal in the microwave. Apprently it would explode.
 
Which did them absolutely no good as all they had were metallic pots and pans that were much too large to fit in to the small box anyways.
 
“You weren't saying that last night, Inuyasha. You thought that the microwave was a godsend when you got to eat your ramen in two minutes instead of fifteen.” Sango pointed out.
 
Inuyasha scoffed and crossed his arms. “There's a diffrence between now and then.” Inuyasha said dramatically.
 
Sango aighed. She knew that she shouldn't ask, she really shouldn't, but…
 
“What's the diffrence, Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “Isn't it obvious? Last night I wasn't the one using it.”
 
“Spoiled little hanyou.” Sango uttered uner her breath, but from the way that Inuyasha's face suddenly reddened, she was sure that his extra sensitive dog ears had picked them up.
 
Damn, sometimes she wished she had that ability.
 
After all, Miroku could never spy on her bathing again!
 
“What did you call me?” Inuyasha demanded as he stood. “I don't care that you're a girl… I've seen you hold your own against full blooded demons. It would be a shame if you were to lose to a half breed for the first time!”
 
Sango glowered at him. She was about to retort with something along the lines of , If I've beaten so many full blooded demons, one measly half breed that can't decide between a dead girl and a live one should be a walk in the park, but Shippo choose that moment to come bounding up to Sango and Inuyasha. “Hey you guys! What are you doing?” Shippo asked as he stood on top of the microwave.
 
Sango and Inuyasha stopped their argument and both forced obviously fake smiles. “Shippo, what are you doing here?” Sango asked as she pulled him off of the microwave with an ungodly amount of restraint on her anger.
 
Shippo shrugged. “Oh, the villagers wouldn't let me take a bath with Kagome, so I came to see how you guys are doing.” Shippo looked both ways before he continued. “Kagome told me that I should teach you guys how to use the microwave… She didn't think you guys could figure it out…” Shippo said in a hushed whisper.
 
Inuyasha immediately took on an air of offense. “Sango may have been able to control her anger, but the hanyou wasn't as good at controling his emotions. “Of course we know how to work the microwave! If Kagome can do it, than we can too!” Inuyasha said, picking Shippo up by the tail. “And you go and tell Kagome that.”
 
Shippo nodded, tears welling up in his eyes. “Okay… just don't hurt me!” And with that, Inuyasha released him, and Shippo took off back towards the village.
 
Sango suddenly began to laugh.
 
“what's so funny?” Inuyasha asked as he sat in his ever faithful pouting position.
 
Sango shrugged. “Microwaves seem to bring out the worst in people!”
 
She sat down next to Inuyasha. They both stared at it for some time, half expecting it to pop open and tell them the meaning of life. Eventually, it was Inuyasha who broke the silence.
 
“Wanna throw it in the river with a piece of metal in it and see what happens?”
 
 
 
 
(sorry… that little thing had absolutely nothing to do with the story line… I just really wanted to show Inuyasha's and Sango's fascination with the microwave… I will write another chapter and post tomorrow… maybe… Monday at the latest!)