InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once upon a cell phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: Kagome brings a cell phone to the past… and IT WORKS?!?! What's all this got to do with our favorite monk?
 
Disclaimer: I don't know why in the world I keep writing these… I mean, if I were to tell you I was Rumiko Takahashi, would you even believe me?
 
Rating: Mature for S-E-X! But not this chapter. But I promise there will be sex… eventually… just not now!
 
Miroku: Boo… when do I get to **** Kagome? I mean, I can't wait to **** her in the ***. And just *** all over her chin. And then I'm going to stick my fist in her **** and move it all around. And then I'll **** my **** in her *** and just ******* and then I'll *** in her *******.
 
Kagome: . . . WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT LISTENING TO STEPHEN LYNCH'S HIT SONG **** YOUR SISTER???!!!
 
Miroku: To not listen to it…
 
Kagome: And why did I tell you that?
 
Miroku: … Because I would start singing it at random times and it would get us in to trouble… I won't do it ever again…
 
Kagome: Thank you.
 
Anonymous Fangirl: * BLUSH * Are some of those things possible?
 
Miroku: * Leacherous grin * Wanna find out?
 
Kagome: * Smack * Don't be perverted with the author. She can do horrible unmentionable things to you!
 
Miroku: *Thinks * If I'm really nice to the author, can she give me your unmentionables?
 
Anonymous Fangirl: I'm the author. I can do anything!
 
ETC: I'm typing in class… I'm typing in class… I'm typing in class… My teacher is lecturing me and I am ignoring him and typing in class!
 
I saw Zathura on thrusday, in a special sneek preview, and, though I am not supposed to tell you to go and see it, because it's awesome…
 
GO AND SEE IT!!!
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Six
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It would have been easy for Kagome to think of happier times. It would have been even easier for her to wish she was there. After all, it wasn't everyday you were thrown in to the lair of the lion… or in this case dragon… and survived. It was even rarer when it was the lion… er… dragon who saved you. But that was exactly what had happened.
 
The dragon had appeared to be a veriable god- bursting from the ground and spewing rock and dirt around her like a geiser as she unfurled her wings for the first time in what must have been eons to her. The villagers, of course, had thrown pitchforks at them… a mere annonyance to the dragon, who flapped her powerful wings of flesh twice and knocked them harmlessly away before they could get anywhere near her or her riders. Kagome had wondered mildly why in the world Inuyasha hadn't come running… (Kagome would later find out… much, much later, that he and Sango had been busy a few miles away, hovering on a wary Kirere above a lake and preparing to drop the microwave in to it). But for some reason that seemed to escape her grasp, she was having the time of her life!
 
But Miroku, who was flying on the dragin besides her, would have probably disagreed with her joy at such a high altitude. But that was just what Kagome would have guessed from the green in his cheeks.
 
“You okay, Miroku?” Kagome asked, rubbing his back twice.
 
When Miroku glared up at her, she giggled. “What's wrong? You ride Hachi and Kirere all the time!” Kagome pointed out.
 
Miroku glowered. He simply glowered. “Kagome, there is a diffrence in Hachi and Kirere and this dragon.”
 
Kagome shook her head as she looked at the ground that must have been miles beneath their feet. She had never been up so high before! It was amazing!
 
And very, very cold. Kagome crossed her arms over her still naked chest.
 
“Well, Kagome, Hachi and Kirere are much more comfortable than scales. Hachi and Kirere are much warmer than a cold blooded dragon goddess, and Hachi and Kirere never fly this high!
 
Kagome shrugged. “But isn't that the best part of it? The hieghts? I mean, even in the future, planes can't get this high!
 
Miroku shook his head. Maybe she was suffering from lack of oxygen It was rather thin at these heights…
 
“Where do you think she's going?” Kagome asked. They were over theocean now, and traveling quickly- probably much quicker than Kirere or Hachi and maybe even Sesshoumaru could fly- towards China.
 
“I think a more pressing question is what is it going to do when it gets there.” Miroku pointed out, gripping his stomach. “I wish it would fly a little lower…”
 
As if she had just been waiting for them to ask, the dragon lowered her altitude. Kagome smiled as it got warmer- much warmer then it had been up in the clouds!
 
Miroku blinked twice. “Can it understand us?”
 
Dragon huffed out a breath. Can she understand you, you stupid monk. You shouldn't call you rescuer an it.
 
Miroku gave up right then. What was the point in trying to figure it all out? In this time period, where Naraku had first come in to power, anything seemed possible.
 
“Gomen Nasai, Dragon Megumi-san.”
 
The dragon tilted her head back, just enough so that Kagome could barely see the glint of humor in her eyes. Now you just sound sarcastic! She said- or at least Kagome thought she said, she didn't actually see her mouth move at all- in a humored voice.
 
“Where are you taking us, Megumi-san?” Kagome asked as she placed both palms flat against the dragons scales. Kagome was shocked to find that Miroku had been wrong- there was warmth there!
 
To Kyushu island. I have lived there peacefully with my kind there for many generations. There are many more of my kind there- dragons, that is. I was chosen among them to come to Japan and find a demon named Naraku who has been spreading evil throughout Japan. The evil has spread to our little island. Demons from Japan are coming over and reeking havoc. It was my duty to stop Naraku at his source.
 
Miroku shuddered. Naraku's reign had reached so far already?
 
Kagome was the first to speak. “We are also after the head of Naraku. He is trying to complete a jewel that can grant him all power.”
 
You are not of this world… nor is the monk. The dragon said in a that's-so voice.
 
Kagome shook her head. “We are not. We have traveled through time to destroy him… In his future…” Kagome gestured to Miroku, who looked as though he really wanted nothing to do with the dragon, not that Kagome could balme him. “… Naraku rules the world.”
 
The dragon shook her head. Horrible power hungry demons… The dragon said. Humans were bad enough, but with demons already powerful the dragon trailed off.
 
“What is your name?” Kagome asked after a period of time.
 
Ironically, Megumi.
 
Kagome and Miroku stiffled a chuckle.
 
Not very orignal of my parents, ni?
 
“Not so much.” Miroku said with a trace of humor in his voice.
 
How do you plan on destroying Naraku, young girl? If he is as powerful as you say, you must have some plan.
 
Kagome blinked.
 
A vague idea?
 
Kagome blinked twice.
 
Do you even know what his weak point is?
 
Kagome blinked three times. “He seems to be a necrophyliac.” Kagome said with a nod. Miroku shuddered at the thought of rutting with a dead body.
 
Digusting, but not useful. Do you know anything about his past?
 
“That I know.” Kagome said. “Fifty years ago, Naraku wasn't Naraku, but a young human theif named Onigumo. He was badly injured and a priestess named Kikyo cared for him. He fell in love with ner, but it was a sick, twisted sort of love. Kikyo was in love with Inuyasha, a half demon, and… well, Onigumo longed for her to want him. So he let the demons around him consume him and he became Naraku. Many monks and priestesses have tried to exterminate him, but the only one to ever get close was Miroku's grandfather.” Kagome shot a wayward look at Miroku, suddenly realizing something. “If you're from the future, when were you cursed?”
 
Miroku looked away. “I am not the first in my family to be sent back in time. I did not lie to you when I told you how my grandfather received the curse… It appeared on my father not long after we received notice that my grandfather had… disappeared.”
 
Disappeared? Megumi questioned.
 
Kagome nodded. “Miroku, should I tell her-“
 
“My family has the curse of the hell-hole. After a certain number of years, it consumes us. We vanish in to a black hole of sorts.”
 
Kagome was silent for a moment. How long had Miroku known that he had to leave his family? How must it have felt to be to that you would die when you were very young? Was he feared in his time? It wasn't hard to imagine any of it.
 
“Kagome?” Miroku asked, touching her shoulder gently. “What's wrong?”
Kagome turned her head to his and forced a smile. “I could ask you the same thing! You haven't tried one dirty underhanded trick since…” How long had it been? Kagome couldn't even remember the last time he groped her!
 
Miroku and Megumi both had their heads inclined, as if waiting for her to continue. “… And I've practically been naked this whole time!” Kagome finished, crossing her arms tighter in front of her chest.
 
Miroku grinned lechrously. “Is that an invitation, my dear Kagome-sama? Because if it was my touch you were longing for, you had only but to ask..."”
 
Kagome didn't hesitate in balling her fist and dropping it- none to gently- on his upper thigh.
 
Miroku with held a scream and a tear… he didn't need to be told twice what her silent warning had been.
 
Below, Megumi rolled her eyes. We are nearly there. Megumi said as she gestured to a small patch of land admisted the field of blue. Kagome strained her eyes to see it. “It's so tiny… it looks like a grain of rice among the ocean!”
 
Megumi snorted, an offended snort that had smoke swirling out of her nostrils. That island, my girl, has housed more dragons than the rest of the world combined for countless centuries! It has survived every natrual diaster and has grown only stronger as the years go by. Megumi's voice slowed to that of one of reverence. The island itself is said to be made of the bones of the greatest dragone that ever lived- his name was Aang and he was the translator for humans and dragons. He first taught the dragons to speak in human tongue through our minds. He was a great leader, and he was the strongest of all of us.
 
They were closer to the island now, and Kagome could see just how wrong she was about the size… it made Tokyo seem tiny! “It seems so much larger now…”
 
The blue of the ocean… it makes it seem as if the island is tiny, and it is in comparison. Megumi said as she began to drift lower to the water. Kagome could feel the warmth of the ocean water.
 
“That is supposed to be the bones of a dragon? It's so big!” Kagome said in awe.
 
Miroku chuckled as he shook his head. “Kagome, didn't you see Inutaishio? He should be a prefect example of how demons with hold their power. They can't hold it in death, and they revert to the size that they would have functioned most easily at.”
 
“But… Inutaishio was no where near this big!” Kagome said. The island was shaped like a moon turned on it's side… or a very large rib that had managed to support plant life.
 
Megumi dipped the end of one wing in to the water. Take a deep breath… I want to show you two something
 
Kagome and Miroku didn't question the command… the simply obliged. No sooner than Kagome had felt her mouth shut, trapping the air inside, Megumi dove under the water.
 
Immediately Kagome's body longed to lurch back to the surface… they were descending to fast! Everything she knew about deepsea diving flashed through her head- the longest someone could hold their breath, how every few feet you were supposed to level off… she couldn't breath… and she wouldn't be able to swim to the surface in time for her to catch a new breath if she didn't kick off soon!
 
Miroku must have felt her tense, and sensed her intentions, because in the next moment, his arms were wrapped tightly around her and he had her pinned motionless between his body and Megumi's rough scales.
 
Kagome knew her air supply was running short- her lungs demanded her to take a breath. Kagome feared momentarily that she would open her mouth, but in the next instant, she was rocketing skywards at speeds she didn't know possible before breaking through the surface in a deep chamber.
 
Kagme gasped for breath and Miroku feel limply besides her, coughing. “Megumi-sama… try to swim a bit slower next time.” Miroku said in between gasping for oxygen.
 
Slower? Megumi questioned in a voice that indicated she had no idea what the word meant.
 
Kagome caught her breath first- probably because she wasn't the one to hold both of their bodies close enough to the dragon that they wouldn't fall off (on that note, she sent Miroku a happy smile of thanks), so she was the one to notice the details of the cavern they had entered.
 
On first glance, it appeared to be a rather normal cavern, the rock run smooth from the steady beat of the ocean waves. But on closer inspection, and with the knowledge that no rock could be that smooth, Kagome realized that they weren't surrounded by rocks… they were inside the skull of a dragon!
 
“Oh my god…” Kagome mummered breathlessly, forgetting to cover herself up in her awe. They were inside a dragon!
 
“This is the head of Aang… we are well beneath the island, and it is possible to get here from the island… even for you. You could swim the short distances to where there are many smaller cavaties of air… it is just so much faster for you two to travel on me directly.”
 
Kagome turned around at the voice. It was thick and heavily accented, but much more husky than Megumi's. But upon turning around, Kagome only saw Miroku and a beautiful woman adorned in heavy purple robes.
 
“Megumi-sama?” Kagome questioned.
 
The woman nodded. “It is only in this room where I can obtain my humaniod form… at least, without my robes…” Megumi said, a touch of sadness in her voice.
 
“Your robes?” Miroku and Kagome echoed.
 
Megumi nodded. “The villagers stole it from me before they locked me in that hot spring. I am nearly powerless without it… a normal dragon. And, as you both know, that spring was made specifically for mikos and monks… no demon or normal human could enter… or exit.”
 
“But if that's true, Megumi-sama, then how were you able to get out with us on you?” Miroku asked.
 
Kagome blinked. That's right! How in the world had she managed to break out? Kagome eyed Megumi suspiciously and unconciously took a step towards Miroku.
 
“A legitemate question, monk. While I wasn't allowed out in my weakened form, I drew off your powers to allow me to break the seal. Soon, the spring will cease to be. They do not deserve such a gift.”
 
“What happened to your robes?” Kagome asked, staying close to Miroku. She didn't like that place… she didn't know what powers were lurking- and she could definitely feel some sort of power.
 
“The villagers stole it… but prehaps I should start at the beginning. Now, you two already know that I had been sent to destroy Naraku. Well, I had stopped in this village… I was very tired, you see. I had to travel in my humaniod form to not raise any eyebrows. Well, I stopped in this village for the night and when I realized that they had a holy spring, I realized that they had gained the trust of gods before me, so I gave them mine. I revealed my secrets and removed the robes… they drain a lot of energy from me, you know.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Well, go on.”
“They asked me to stay for more than one night- and I readily accepted. I was tired… I had traveled for weeks. I stayed a few nights, and on the fourth night, the night before my departure, they asked if I would like to bathe in the springs. I agreed, and realized too late that they had sent out word that the dragons were seeking to destroy Naraku. I didn't know, but they were already under Naraku's control… greedy and trecherous.”
 
“Do you know where they put your robes?” Miroku asked.
 
Megumi shrugged. “Probablky the same place they put yours.”
 
Kagome suddenly began to feel more self concious and covered her chest once more. “Do you have any clothing? I feel… well, naked.”
 
“Of course, if you don't, I'm sure we can manage until we can find our own clothes!” Miroku said with a cocky grin that made his eyes squint.
 
Megumi smiled and stripped out of the top layer of her kimono. Kagome donned the heavy fabric, warm and safe from the prying eyes of the leachrous monk once more. She did a little victory dance in her head. Kagome- 1. Dirty Leach- well… let's just go with 30. Kagome stopped counting around there all of the times he had groped her.
 
“Would you like one as well, monk?” Megumi asked, stripping out of yet another layer of clothing.
 
Miroku accepted it with a sigh and a mummer about how cruel life was before donning it as well.
 
“How many layers are you wearing?” Kagome couldn't help but ask.
 
“Well, now 11.” Megumi said “But it won't matter in a moment… we have to travel back to the surface.”
 
Kagome gave the murky water a few feet away from her a dirty look. Kagome- 0. Nature- … Kagome decided to not count anything before right now and make the score 0-1, nature's favor.
 
At the look, Megumi laughed. “No, we aren't traveling that way again… we are going to travel up the spine. We are closer to the meeting hall where most of the dragons live right now anyways and frankly, this experience with those horrid humans has taught me to not take anyone at face level ever again.”
 
Kagome felt only a twinge of insult before Miroku grabbed her hand and dragged her towards Megumi, who was already walking towards the hollow of the spine. “C'mon.” Miroku said as he pulled her along.
 
Kagome looked at his hand in shock. Had he ever held her hand before? Had he ever tried to have any contact with anybody when it wasn't related to fighting or something preverted? Kagome was surprised when the answer to both questions didn't immmediately come up as a yes. Miroku hated physical contact! And not only that, but he was gripping her hand with his cursed one.
 
Miroku suddenly stopped in his tracks. Kagome tried to avert her gaze from his hand gripping hers, but she…
 
… she didn't want to.
 
Miroku's gaze didn't go directly to hers. It went instead to where his hell-hole was pulling at her… trying to drag her in to it, only to be denied by the power of his beads. She was mere centimeters from death and…
 
… she wasn't removing her hand from his.
 
Instead, she recovered and switched the position of her hand so that hers now held his, and before he had the opportunity to argue, she began to tug him towards Megumi. “We don't want to lose sight of her!” Kagome said as she dragged him along.
 
In the next moment, Megumi changed back in to a dragon and suntered on like nothing had happened. Kagome nearly facefaulted. “ . . . Never mind. I don't think it's possible to lose sight of her now. . .”
 
But Miroku wasn't paying attention. He was simply staring at the spot where her hand touched his… and he realized with a quick grin that she had not only touched him in the one place he allowed no one near not once, but twice. But what shocked him more, thought he didn't know why…
 
…He liked it.
 
He liked the fact that someone wasn't afraid to touch him. Even his allies had always feared him. All they had to do was say one word to annoy him and puff! They were gone. Even his mother had feared him, avioding him at nearly all times and wary around him when she was near him.
 
He had grown accustomed to being alone.
 
Kagome stopped and looked at him. Had he spoken aloud again? He really had to be more careful about that!
 
“Miroku…” Kagome didn't know what came over her… just that all of a sudden, more than anything else, she wanted to hug Miroku. He had said nothing, but from the look on his face he had thought something.
 
Are you two coming or not? I don't want you two to lose sight of me!
 
Miroku shook his head, an effort to clear her head, and continued on.
 
And neither of them mentioned that it was now his hand pulling her along.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anonymous Fangirl- So… I didn't update on Monday… do you all hate me?
Random Horseman- Anonymous Fangirl, come back to bed… I have more cookies…
Anonymous Fangirl- * blush * as you can see, I have been… ehem… detained…
Random Horseman- who are you talking to? ARE YOU TYPING!?! AND AFTER I-
Anonymous Fangirl- THE READERS DON'T NEED DETAILS OF OUR LOVE LIFE, THANK YOU!
Random Horseman- Love life? What love life? I just stayed up all night with you and told you my deepest, darkest secrets.
Anonymous Fangirl- * looks around and smirks from the audience * Um… just read and review…
 
 
(If that made absolutely no sense, read one wicked trip.)