InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once upon a cell phone
 
Author: An adorably lovable anonymous fangirl! (Adorable. . . T W E A K )
 
Summary: Seriously, why DO I do this every chapter? If you don't know by now, you ARE NOT WELCOME HERE! GO BACK TO YOUR OWN PLANET!
Rating: Mature.
 
Miroku. . . no. . . sex. . .
 
Anonymous Fangirl- But there will be!
 
Kagome- NO!
Miroku- What? Am I not devilishly handsome?
 
Kagome- . . . it's not that. . . it's just. . . well. . . S T D's!
 
Miroku- What are those?
 
Anonymous Fangirl- S T D `s come from a magical place called “ No condom land.”
 
Miroku- Maybe I should visit. . .
 
Anonymous Fangirl- NO! STD's are B A D! ALWAYS ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM, folks. I can not stress this enough!
Kagome- May I point out that there are no condom's in the fifteen hundreds?
 
Anonymous Fangirl- . . . this can be a problem. . .
 
 
 
* Cool background music coupled with a picture of bears mauling eachother *
 
Anonymous Fangirl- Always practice safe sex. * nodd nodd *
 
Kagome: . . .
 
Dedicated: To my reviewers. I'm sure there were not twenty five of you, but my point got across, so, only twenty reviews needed this time! (Though if I get more, it will give my good incentive to update faster. . . )
 
 
 
Chapter Ten (My god this is going by fast!)
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha scowled as he surveyed the area. It only took one look-over to tell him what had caused so much damage. Only one word: Demon. A very, very big demon.
 
Bodies lay everywhere, covered in blood and mud and water that seemed to come out of an underground hot spring that was getting dangerously hotter. He had searched for survivors, but had found only one thing: the scent of Naraku.
 
Sango shivered besides him. “What sort of horrible creature could have. . . “ Sango couldn't finish. As if in sudden realization, she whipped her head around, searching through the massive open grave for two familiar faces. “Where are Kagome and Houshi-sama?” Sango asked, not bothering to conceal the fear in her voice.
 
Inuyasha sniffed around. “I dunno, Sango, but this place reeks of Naraku.”
 
Sango felt her back stiffen, and though she tried to remain stotic, she knew that it had been visible. Naraku.. . the very name meant death to her. Naraku. . . as if taking Kohaku hadn't been enough, he now came after Kagome and Miroku! She knew she was being ridiculus. . . knew that it wasn't an attack on her, probably on Inuyasha or Miroku or Kagome, but it felt like it had been made just for her. Made to show her that she could never, ever take back her brother. Made to show her that she could never, ever avenge her deceased relatives who lay buried in shallow, barely marked graves in a village destroyed by Naraku's demons.
 
“Sango. . .” Inuyasha said, careful to keep his voice even enough that she wouldn't start to cry. He hated it when women cried. . . he couldn't help it. And even the strongest of warriors, he was all too aware that Sango, beneath her armor made of his half-brethen, was nothing but woman.
 
He felt his body draw tight. He'd question it later.
 
Sango shook her head, clearing the thoughts of her best friend and possible love interest being dead. It made no sense! Why attack here? Why now? Why hadn't they sensed anything unholy?!?

“Sango, I smell Naraku, but it's old. And I don't think a demon did this. . . at least, not the type of demon you and I were thinking about.” Inuyasha said, indicatin to a large claw marking in the dibries of stone.
 
Sango studied it carefully for only a moment. “A dragon? But what would. . . “
“Who cares what. . . why was it here? Why would it be so vicious? And why is there no sign of a struggle on Miroku's behalf? Kagome wouldn't have left much of a mess. . . an arrow or head here, a missed target there, but if Miroku were to unleash his weapon. . .”
 
Sango knew first hand what the wind tunnel could do. Miroku's hell hole would have left the places worse than it was: there would have been no bodies, no buildings, no evidence.
 
“So. . . what we need to find out is what exactly happened here. . .” Inuyasha said as he turned over a dead man. “And dead men tell no tales. . .”
 
A moan was heard in the distance and Sango felt a saditic grin spread over her face. “But live ones are more than willing to talk. . . “ She cracked her knuckles here, “. . . with the right persuasion.”
 
 
 
 
 
When speaking with a perverted monk, Kagome realized with a soft sense of enlightenment, you must be sure to keep your voice strict, but not so strict you can sound anything like a domineering school teacher in a tight red mini skirt (she had no idea why he had given her the anology when she had used her best reprimending voice, but none the less. . .), your voice must not be so soft that he moans. (When Kagome asked if he was hurt, he had grinned and replied that her voice reminded him of long, luxrious sex on a warm summers day), and you must always, always be sure that your meaning will be completely understood before you say anything.
 
For example, when Kagome asked if her skirt was torn, she should have used the hardened (dare she say, teacher-like?) voice, else he may think that you are asking him to simply stare at his ass. And should she ask if he was hurt, she had better do it in a way that he would not think of soft sand and sex.
 
But then again, with Miroku, it always seemed to be about the sex.
 
As if he could read her perfectly, Miroku leaned back and tucked his hands behind his head before speaking. “I wonder what would happen if. . .”
Kagome sent him a sharp look, sure that it would put him in his proper place before he did or said anything even mediocorly innaproperiate. “What would happen if what, Miro- kun?” Kagome said, placing a biting tone in her voice to discourage said monk.
 
“I wonder what you would do if I were to. . .”
 
Megumi's head jerked up suddenly, then turned back the way they had came. Kami knows we are gone! I can feel his anger vibrating all the way out here!
 
Kagome blinked, throughly distracted. Miroku grinned his sly, now-what-would-make-you-think-that-I've-done-anything-wrong grin. “Well, do you think that he's going to come after us? I mean, it's not like we did anything wrong or anything. . .”
 
As if summoned, four tiny fire lizards burst through the louds. Kagome shot a glare at Miroku. “You just had to jinx us, didn't ja?”
 
Miroku's face grew somber. “Megumi, can you stay afloat in strong winds?”
 
Megumi nodded. Yes, but only for a certain amount of time. No more than a few minutes. . .
 
Miroku unwrapped his beads and stood, face grim. “I only need a few seconds!”
 
And all hell was unleashed.
 
Kagome sheilded her head for the first second, but when the winds didn't pull at her, she lowered her guard slightly and stared.
 
That's him. The words rung in her head as she stared in awe. He wasn't a monk, he wasn't a man from the future. He was her savior, doomed and proud as he stood on the back of a dragon goddess, fighting to save. . .
 
He sent a single look back at her, and his eyes softened slightly. Sweat was beaded on on his brow, and creases Kagome hadn't noticed before appeared. She had always seen him as a reletively handsome man, but things were different now. She hadn't noticed just how thick his eyelashes were, nor how there were tiny lines around his lips. His hair wasn't jet black, like hers, but a dark brown that tinted a titianian red if he tilted his head a certain way. He wasn't her age, she had known it before, but now she wondered just how old he was.
 
It struck her deep that she didn't know. That she didn't know much of anything about this doomed man. She didn't know his age, she didn't know his birthday, and she didn't know whether or not he liked chocolate. Was he a dog person? Or was he a cat person? What were his plans? What were his dreams? Did he play sports while growing up? Or was he a scholar?
 
And then he wrapped his beads up again, and his eyes held his hand for a moment longer than need be. How would it feel, Kagome wondered, to have a mass murdering weapon attached to you? How would it feel to know that one day it would take your life as well?
 
Kagome must have stared for a moment too long, because when his gaze left his hand, it met and held hers. Kagome should have blushed. She should have looked away. She should have let him have his moment. But she just. . .
 
Miroku had been staring at his wind tunnel, apologizing in his mind for the four lives he had just taken. He often wondered what it must be like, in there. It would be an abyss of wind, of emptiness. A void that could never be filled. A void for countless, unmarked graves. He knew, beyond a shout of a doubt, that it would very likely be his grave someday as well . . .
 
He wrapped his beads tighter around his arm and looked up- straight in to the eyes of Kagome. She knew. He faultered, either not bothering to hide the look of shock on his face or simply too shocked to notice he wore one. But he shook his head and his eyes lightened. Of ourse she didn't know. . . how could she? She didn't know him at all. . . none of them did!
 
But when he sat down next to her, he couldn't help but stop the sneaking suspesion.
 
“Miroku. . .” Kagome whispered, but then shook her head as if that would clear away the emotions. But her face betrayed her, and Miroku nearly edged away from her. That look. . .
 
“Kagome-sama, you aren't falling for me, are you?” Miroku asked, his voice lacking the usual humor.
 
Kagome shook her head. “Now what would make you think that?”
 
Miroku blinked. What would make him think that? Why would that be what came to mind when he saw that look of caring on her face?
 
Because he wanted her too. . .
 
Miroku stared at Kagome as if she grew two heads. Now that thought had come in completely unbidden. He wanted her to love him? He wanted her to fall for him?
 
“Miroku?” Kagome asked, leaning in a bit as if to study his pupils.
 
Miroku grinned, all humor back in his face. “Good. I would hate to think you were falling for me, Kagome-sama. What would we tell Inuyasha?” Now that left a bitter taste in his mouth.
 
Kagome edged away from him, as if sensing that, however accidental, she had just crossed a line that she was not meant to cross.
 
Miroku would compliment her on how very perceptive she was.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anonymous Fangirl- Twenty reviews and you get chapter eleven.