InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ Chapter Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once upon a Cell phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: . . . Kagome brings a cell phone to the past and it works. Man, that is some good service.
 
Rating: Mature
 
Miroku: (yawn) ready to have sex yet?
 
Kagome: . . . you just woke up and your already horny?
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Kagome, Miroku was born horny.
 
Miroku: Can't argue facts. I'm gonna go get some fast food. Call me if the sex comes.
 
Kagome: . . . I am going to kill him. Then he won't need to worry about Naraku or the hell hole.
 
Anonymous Fangirl: . . . okay then. While Kagome works on some homicidal issues, read and review.
 
 
Chapter Fourteen
 
 
 
 
Sango looked over the scenery with a scrunch of her nose. “Inuyasha. . . are you sure you've got their scent? I mean, even I'm having trouble catching any thing other than rotting meat and smoke, and I know how sensitive your nose is.”
 
Inuyasha twisted midair and glared at Sango, who was riding on Kirere's back with Kagome's bag on her back. He resisted the urge to grin. She looked so out of place. . . dressed as a warrior, but the look of a school girl from Kagome's time!
 
“I can smell them, and unless your nose is better than mine, I suggest you shuddup!” Inuyasha told her with a frown.
 
Shippo mocked the sound of vomit. “Eek. . . Inuyasha, Sango's right. . . all I can smell is burning meat. . .”
 
Inuyasha fell down and launched himself skywards again. “It's dragon's flesh, Shippo. And both Kagome and Miroku were there. I can pick up their scents.”
 
“How, Inuyasha? How could you possibly pull that out from this? It smells horrible, even to me!” Sango complained as she urged Kirere to fly neck and neck with Inuyasha.
 
“I would know their scents anywhere. . .” Inuyasha said, eyes focused in the distance. “Because I love them.” Inuyasha paused, fell down again, and jumped in to the air once more. “I love all of you guys. . .”
 
Sango was sure that if she wasn't so used to flying on Kirere, she would have fallen off right there.
 
“Wait, wait, wait. . . did I just hear the word love pass your lips? I mean, in a sentence other than, I would love to kill Naraku? Tell me, are you fevered?” Sango asked as she tried to comprehend it.
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Despite that comment, I love you too.” Inuyasha was silent for a minute, but when he fell and jumped up again, e landed on Kirere's back. “it has to be love. . . I've never felt it before. . . not for anyone, not even Kikyo. . . and most definitely not for Sesshoumaru. It's like. . . we're bound, the six of us. . . I mean, we've been through so much together. . . we've lived together, we've fought together. . . we've grown together. . . you can't you through that and not love your companions. . .”
 
Shippo jumped on to Inuyasha's shoulder and bite one ear lightly. “Wow. . . Inuyasha does have a heart. . . who would have known?”
 
Inuyasha grabbed Shippo by the head and pulled his face to his own. “What's that supposed `ta mean, fox? That I can't care? See, this is why I don't ever talk about anything like this! You guys don't just let me talk with out ruining the moment! And look, Shippo, now the moments gone, so now I gotta kill ya! And just after I told you I cared about you!”
 
Shippo cried as he struggled to get out of Inuyasha's grip. “I thought you said you loved me!”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Love? Who could love something as annonying as you!?! Inuyasha asked as he punched him before releasing him to fall on to Kirere.
 
Sango smiled slightly as she turned her head back to the sky before her. He was right. . . how could you not love your family? And they were her family. . . as much as the one she had been born in to, if not more. And Inuyasha. . . Sango shook her head with a smile. She turned her head slightly so she could see Inuyasha out of the corner of her eye, sulking. . . . whatever she felt for Inuyasha, whatever the blossoming feeling in her chest was that made her so proud to watch him trying to avoid the subject of love once again. . . whatever it was, she thought as she looked forward to the darkening skies before her, whatever it was, she would face it in time. But for now. . .
 
“Whhaa! Sango, Inuyasha hit me!” Shippo said as he gripped on to Sango's red sash.
 
Inuyasha growled from behind her. “What?! You trying to rat on me, fox!?”
 
Sango smiled. “Kirere, let's go faster. We have to find Miroku and Kagome.” She said as she pressed her thighs against Kirere's side. For now, Sango was willing to live in the present for the first time in her life.
 
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
Kagome trudged onwards through the thick rain in a state of denial. She wasn't cold, she told herself, and she realized that if she told herself that enough times it was true. She wasn't in pain. . . her muscles weren't screaming out in rebellion.
 
She had developed a pattern. Walk until she couldn't feel anything, then walk somemore, then pause, take a tiny break, and walk some more before she regained any feeling in her body. She knew that she would be in pain the next day, the day after at the latest, but she could deal with that if she covered enough ground now.
 
She had no idea where she was. Looking around, it frightened her that she hadn't been here before. She had traveled nearly all of Japan, either walking or biking, but this place didn't look familiar at all. All she knew was she had to follow the call of the Shikon no tama.
 
She had begun to feel it's pull nearly immediately after she left Megumi and Miroku, and had followed it, hoping she could take it down with the slayer's katana she wore at her waist and the bow and arrows she wore on her back. They were her weapons, and though she hadn't used a sword before, she had been near one for quite some time. Sh figured she could manage with it if worst came to worst. And if all else failed, she could throw it at somebody.
 
But that was only in a worst case scenerio.
 
Kagome stopped and stared at the sky, wondering why life was so. . . contridictory. She lost a dear friend one day, and in that same day she fell in love. She wondered how the best day of her life could also be the worst.
 
Kagome fell to her knees. Oh! How she wished for Sango! Sango would know what to do! Sango would tell her exactly what the right path was! Sango would comfort her, without judgement, and help her!
 
Kagome!
 
Kagome opened her eyes. Why, she could almost hear Sango yelling out for her!
 
“Kagome!” Sango yelled from the back of Kirere.
 
“Kagome!” Shippo and Inuyasha echoed a second later.
 
Kagome blinked and smiled. Her friends were here. . . her friends did come for her . . .
 
“There she is!” Inuyasha said as he jumped off of Kirere's back and landed with a squelch in the mud next to her. “Are you okay, Kagome?”
 
Kagome nodded, and willed the tears she knew were welling up in her eyes away. “I'm fine.” She lied, surprised how easily the lie came from her lips, how real it sounded.
 
“Kagome!” Shippo screamed as he launched himself off of Kirere's back and in to her arms as Sango and Kirere landed.
“Shippo!” Kagome asnwered with false enthusism, petting his head and comfroting him while she cried inside.
 
“Kagome. . .” Sango asked, reaching forward in the dim light. “Were you crying?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Of course not! Why would I be?”
 
Sango didn't say anything, she just grabbed Kagome's bag and handed it to her. “We found these at the village. . .it's yours and Miroku's things.”
 
Kagome flinced at the name.
 
As if just noticing, Inuyasha looked around. “Where is the pervert, anyways?”
 
Kagome looked down, ashamed and unprepared to tell her tale. “I don't know.” She answered honestly. “I would assume he would be looking for me, but I'm not postive.”
 
“Why would he be looking for you, Kagome? Why aren't you with him.” Sango asked, a hand on both of Kagome's shoulders.
 
Kagome looked away. “A lot has happened since we left you two. A lot has changed. I can't travel with any of you any longer. I'm sorry.” Kagome said as she turned to leave.
 
Inuyasha jumped in front of her and blocked her path. “Hold on, why can't you travel with any of us, again?”
 
Kagome sniffled once and shook her head. “If you travel with me, you'll just end up like Megumi!”
 
Shippo turned to Kirere. “Do you know who Megumi is?”
 
Kirere shook her head.
 
Sango came up and hugged Kagome. “I don't know who Megumi was. . . and I don't know what happened to her. . . and I really don't know what's changed. But one thing hasn't changed. No, one thing can't change.” Sango assured her as she tilted her head up to look at her. “We are your friends. We will help you through whatever it is your going through. We've been through bad before, and this can't be that bad. . . we've nearly died!” Sango said.
 
Kagome looked down. “I wonder. . . if that was my fault too. It was all my fault when she died. . .” Kagome said as she fell to the ground, burying her face in her hands in an effort to stop the tears.
 
Sango knelt beside her and pulled her close. “Kagome, unless you are the one who drew the blood that slay the person, you did not kill them. It is in no way your fault when someone dies. I am assuming that we are talking about this Megumi person?”
 
Kagome nodded as she sucked in a breath.
 
“Kagome. . . did you draw the blood of this woman?” Sango asked simply. Kagome shook her head no. “Then you are, in no way responsible for her death. The person who killed her are responsible for her death.”
 
Inuyasha sniffed the air. “I think I caught wind of the monk behind us. A couple of miles behind us, maybe three or four hours walking.”
 
Sango looked Kagome's body up and down, staring at the torn warrior's garb. “How far have you traveled?”
 
Kagome smiled. “Far too far. Can you take me to Miroku? I have to apologise to him. . . I have to. . . tell him something very important.” Kagome said as she fell forward limply in to Sango's arms.
 
Inuyasha picked her up and lay her on Kirere's back. “Hold her steady.” Inuyasha commanded Sango. “Let's go.”
 
Kagome smiled as she stared at the stars flying past. Each one a dream. . . Her mother would tell her. Kagome smiled and closed her eyes. _She could almost see the smile in her motehr's eyes, the glint the would take when she helped them. Her smell. . . an old perfume, the same scent her mother wore before her, the same scent Kagome would one day don.
 
“Kagome, what is it that you need to tell Miroku?” Sango asked. But it wasn't Sango's voice Kagome heard. It was her mothers.
 
“I have to tell him I'm sorry. . . and then I have to tell him that I've fallen in love with him.” Kagome said with a smile right before she lost conciousness.
 
Inuyasha nearly fell face down. “Did she just say she's fallen for the monk?! The dirty lecher from the future? That Miroku!?!? We are talking about the same Miroku, right? I mean, I know it's not a very popular name, but. . .”
 
Sango simply stared. “Kagome. . . fell in love. . .” She mumbled quietly.
 
Inuyasha landed behind Shippo, who was sleeping silently next to Kagome. “I can't believe it. . .”
 
Sango smiled as she straightened Kagome's hair like a mother would. “Believe it. . . Kagome's in love.”
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “But. . . how? With the monk? They were only with each other for a little more than a week!”
 
Sango shrugged. That's how long it took her to fall in love. She thought as she watched Inuyasha try to sort it all out.
 
Sango sat back, one hand bracing Kagome's legs. “Well, what do you feel about it?”
 
Inuyasha cracked his knuckles. “If that stupid monk does anything to hurt her, I'll kill him.”
 
Sango smiled. “That's not what I meant and you know it. I mean, are you jealous? You're always flipping out on Kouga.”
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “No. . . I'm not jealous of him. . . I'm not in love with her. . . I just. . . don't want to see her hurt.”
 
Sango leaned in a little bit. “What about Kouga?”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “I was beginning to warm up to him when I discovered he had a fiancee.”
 
Sango giggled. “Too bad he didn't know about it!” She said with a smile.
 
“Yeah. . .” Inuyasha said. “I suppose that means I can't kill the monk now . . . Kagome would sit me through to the other end of the earth for sure.” Inuyasha said, flinching at the thought.
 
Inuyasha fingered the prayer beads before turning to Sango. “What are you going to do. . . when we beat Naraku.”
 
Sango crossed her arms over her legs. “You sound so sure that we will.”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Of course we will! Naraku's nothing compared to my power!”
 
“I think I've heard this one before. . .” Sango siad, twidling a piece of hair.
 
“So . . . what are you going to do?” Inuyasha asked again.
 
Sango shrugged. “I dunno. Settle down. . . start a family. . . start a revolution maybe. . . I probably just stay a slayer though.”
 
Inuyasha thought over her statement. A family. . . that would be nice. A little litter of kids running around his farm. . . it was something Inuyasha didn't think he could imagine. But there he would be, working the fields, teaching his kids every thing about life, coming home at night to a warm house with good food, and a sweet wife who looked an awful lot like Sango.
 
“Do you think he loves her too?” Sango asked.
 
“I have no doubt.” Inuyasha answered. “I suppose things like that happen all of the time, companions falling in love.” Inuyasha said, pointedly looking at the stars.
 
Sango smiled in to her hands. She knew he wasn't talking about Miroku and Kagome any more. “Yeah, it's pretty normal, when you spend so much time with a person. You get to know them better, trust them more.”
 
Inuyasha nodded. “It makes sense.” Inuyasha said, scratching one ear.
 
Sango sighed. “Inuyasha. . . when the jewel search is over. . . I would like it if you would stay with me.” At Inuyasha's dumbfounded expression, Sango faultered. “ . . . I mean, because I will need help setting up in a solid residence! May be you could help me build my own house or something! You know, just for a little while.”
 
Inuyasha nodded, calmer. “Yeah. . . then maybe I could build one right next to yours.” Inuyasha picked up her hand and smiled down at it. “Then we'll never have to stop being. . . companions.
 
Sango blushed. “I would like that a lot, Inuyasha.”
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Okay, Okay. . . Is it getting too fluffy? Should I murder another main character for you? Have Kagome flip out? Will she actually tell Miroku she's in love with him?
 
You'll just have to review if you want to find out!