InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ Chapter Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once Upon a Cell Phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
Summary: Kagome brings a Cell Phone to the past and it works via Miroku. What sor of gasterdly fanfiction is this, that would exploit cell phones in such a way! It's outageous!
 
Rating: Mature for eventual Miroku and Kagome mating.
 
Kagome: Can I join a covent?
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Huh? Why would you want to do that?
 
Kagome: So I won't have to have lots n' lots of Miroku sex.
 
Anonymous Fangirl: I don't see what's wrong with him. . .
 
Sango: You wouldn't! You're as much of a pervert as he is!
Anonymous Fangirl: Well, who am I to deny the truth? Read and Review!
 
 
 
 
Chapter Fifteen
 
 
 
Kagome scanned the country side before her, but could not spot Miroku for all she tried. “Inuyasha. . . are we getting any closer?” Kagome asked, breathing heavily.
 
Sango shook her head. “Kagome. . . you need to lie back down. . . your fever is just going to get worse if you don't get better, then you'll have to confess your love to Miroku in a raspy voice!” Sango said as she smoothed away Kagome's hair lovingly, as a moher would.
 
Inuyasha scrunched his nse up in disdain. “I smell him alright. . . and a whole lot of dirt and debris.”
 
Shippo sniffed twice. “Hm. . . it just smells a little stronger than usual. Are you sure there wasn't a mud slide or something?” Shippo asked.
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “No. . . it smells faintly. . . really faintly, even I can barely pick it up, of Naraku.”
 
Sango didn't look all too surprised. Inuyasha had told her once before, in private, that Miroku's hell hole had smelt softly of Naraku, as if the curse had carried the scent as a dsitinguiser of who had curse him.
 
“So then you think that Miroku used his hell hole?” Sango asked.
 
“Probably.” Inuyasha said with a shrug. “But Shippo may be right. . . it may just be a mud slide.”
 
Kagome tilted her head to see the ground below her again. She smiled faintly. No, they were near Miroku. . . after all, Megumi's grave site was a few miles ahead of them. She thought as she recalled the rough terrain she had dared to venture over. No wonder so many of her muscles hurt!
 
“Inuyasha. . .” Kagome whispered quietly. “Are we going to find him soon?” Kagome asked in a small voice, as if afraid of what his answer might be.
 
Inuyasha scoffed as he leapt from Kirere's back. “Sooner than you may think, Kagome.”
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
Miroku hissed out a breath as he gripped his arm in agony.
 
The elder demon grinned. “How do you like these lovely little insects Naraku gave us? Useful, especially when dealing with someone with such a powerful weapon as yours.”
 
Miroku fell to one knee and grinned through the pain. You would have thought he could have develeoped an immunity to those damn things by now. . . he thought as he grimaced.
 
“Hakkai!” The elder demon said to the younger one.
 
“Yes, brother?” Hakkai asked, teeth enlongating as he took a single step forward. Miroku shook his head. These two were simple forest demons. . . they must be possessed by Naraku! They would never attack otherwise! Forest demons are kind and passive by nature!
 
The elder brother smirked. “You can't eat his flesh yet, Hakkai. First we have to wait for his other friend's to show. . . and his woman.
 
Hakkai nodded. “The woman! The woman!”
 
Miroku growled as he forced himself to his feet. He. . . would NOT. . . die here. . . with Kagome waiting to follow! He swore to himself as he lifted his hand in preparation to launch his hell hole once again.
 
Hakkai smiled. “You don't really think that he possibly hope to suck us in with all of these glorious insects around, do you? Why, it be a suicide mission!”
 
Miroku grimcaed as he began to unravel his beads.
 
The elder brother broke his stance and stared in horror. “Hakkai, don't back down! He's bluffing, he has to be!”
 
Miroku shook his head with a sad smile. “I'm afraid you don't know me well at all. You see, if my friend's really are coming, I wouldn't put them at risk for my sake.” Much like Kagome. . . Miroku thought with a scowl. “And one more thing. . .” Miroku said as he ripped off his beads and began to suck in everything around him, poison insects and all.
 
The brother's screamed as they were pulled in, hissing out promises of vengance in the next life. Swearing he would suffer. Denying that they could die at the hands of a mere mortal.
 
Miroku coughed up blood as he fell to the ground in a heap, wrapping his beads arounf his hand with the last bit of his strength.
 
Miroku shook his head. “They never learn. . . when it really counts, even Naraku's poison insects can't do a thing to harm me. . .” he said, staring at his outstretched right hand, trying to decieper the new and unfamiliar pain inside of it. It was starnge. . . he thought as he examined it. It normally hurt, but not like this. . .
 
Miroku's eyes widened. No. . . He thought as he stared in horror at his covered hand. He knew the pain . . . he knew exactly what it was too.
 
The hell hole was finally fracturing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha cursed. “Damn. . . the smell of the forest is too potent here. There must be some forest demons nearby . . . I can't smell Miroku anywhere.
 
Kagome frowned from Kirere's back and sat up. Sango moved to protest and Kagome lifted a hand. “Inuyasha, how far do you think we would have to search?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “I dunno. I lost his scent just a minute ago, but he smelt pretty close right before that. I say he's around here somewhere.”
 
Kagome nodded. “Okay then, let's split up.”
 
Sango stared. “Slipt up? Kagome, you're still sick!”
 
Kagome shrugged. “I can walk, and I'll be fine. My temperature's down, really. And we have to find Miroku.”
 
Inuyasha nodded. “We will find him a lot faster if we split up, Sango.”
 
Sango looked like she wanted to say more, but sibsided anyways. “Alright. . . but be careful Kagome. Please.”
 
Kagome nodded and jumped off of Kirere. “I will! I promise!” She said as she ran off in to the forest, the direction she had spent the last day and a half running away from. Miroku. . . she silently thought, please be okay.
 
Inuyasha shook his head as he watched her take off. Sango turned her head towards him. “What?”
 
Inuyasha looked at Shippo. “Take Kirere and go look over there.” Inuyasha said, pointing in the direction they had just come from.
 
Shippo nodded, feeling important at being charged with a task. “Alright!” He said as he jumped on Kirere's back. “Let's go, Kirere!”
 
“So,” Sango asked, suddenly aware that they were alone. “What's up?”
 
Inuyasha loked after Kagome. “Miroku's over there.”
 
Sango looked off after Kagome. “What? You can smell him again?”
 
Inuyasha shook his hand. “Sango, you need to listen to me better. I could smell any of you anywhere. I thought we went over this already.”
 
Sango smield after Kagome. “Then why did you send her off alone?”
 
“So that she could be alone.” Inuyasha said as he took a step after Sango. “And so that we could be alone too.”
 
Sango turned around, blush on her face nearly as red as the one on his. “What do you mean, Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha took a gulp and stared, looking pointedly at the ground. “Well, I couldn't stop thinking about when we were talking. . . about companions becoming more than companions. And. . .”
 
“Yes?” Sango said, feeling a feminine nervousness swell up inside of her.
 
Inuyasha turned on his heel. “Well, I think that we. . . well, you know!” Inuyasha said rubbing his head. “Damn! Why do Miroku and Kagome make this talking about feelings stuff look so easy!?” He demanded. “C'mon, let's just go after them.” Inuyasha said as he headed off at a fast walk, even for him.
 
Sango grinned in to her hand and caught up at an easy jog. “Yeah, let's catch up with them.” She said as she grabbed his hand and held it in her's as they stormed off together, one looking mildly annoyed, both blushing like maniacs.
 
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
 
 
 
Miroku grimaced as he rolled to his back and stared up at the darkened sky. Was this what his father felt? He wondered, the night he stood from the dinner table and told us he was going for a “walk.” Was this what it felt like to know you were about to be swallowed up by hell itself?
 
Miroku closed his eyes and tried to focus on something other than the pain shooting through his arm. Kagome. . . Miroku thought as he muffled a scream of pain with his left hand. Kagome's hair. . . Kagome's smile. . . Kagome's laughter. . . they were all things he would take with him in to his next life, things he would look back on and pray for something he had never wanted before. . .
 
. . . More time.
 
“Miroku?” Kagome asked as she stepped in to the clearing he had made when he unleashed his hell hole. “Miroku, are you alright?” She asked, running forward.
 
“Did you find him?” Miroku heard Sango call out from a ways.
 
Kagome nodded. “Yes! He's over here!” She screamed in response before she ran to his side, wearing her school girl uniform once again. “Miroku. . . are you alright?” Kagome asked as she reached down and touched her palm to his right hand.
 
Miroku jumped up as if someone had thrown scalding hot water on him. Glaring at Kagome, he clutched his hand to his chest. “Go away, Kagome! Stay back!”
 
Kagome took a step back. Go away? Stay back? “Miroku. . . I'm sorry that I ran away. . . I was just so afraid, so afraid,that you would die because of me.” Kagome took a step forward and felt her heart shatter a little bit when he took two back. “I know that you're still in danger. . . with me being around. . . but I couldn't stay away. . . I don't care the danger, for either of us, I can't leave you alone any longer, Miroku. She said as she took two steps forward, making it so that was just under his chin. “You see, Miroku, I-“
 
“I found them!” Shippo said as he burst in to the clearing.
 
Miroku shook his head as he felt the hell hole pull at him. No. . . he commanded it. They are too close. You can take me later, but I want my now.
 
He was surprised when the pain subsided a bit.
 
“Oh, there you are, monk. We were almost worried about you.” Inuyasha said as he stepped in to the clearing, one step ahead of Sango, who still had a smile and a blush on her face.
 
Miroku plastered on a fake smile and wondered if anyone could tell. “Why would you worry about me?”
 
Inuyasha scoffed as he took a long sniff of the air around Miroku. “Either you've drunk way too much, or you've been badly poisoned.”
 
Kagome looked down at Miroku's hand, which he was still cradling to his chest. She felt her heart pick up a notch when she saw it was swollen and red.
 
“Naraku's poison insects. . .” She mummered in fear as she took a quick series of steps forward and grabbed Miroku's hand, twisting it so that the palm was facing her.
 
Miroku quickly pulled it away. “What are you thinking, Kagome? Do you have a death wish? Do you have any idea how dangerous that was?”
 
But Kagome didn't hear anything he said. All she could think about was how it looked. . . Swelling, cracks splitting out from beneath his beads. She could think about how it felt. . . the cool winds pulling at her even through the protective layers. She had just looked death in the face. . . and it seemed that it was on the verge of rearing it's ugly head.
 
“Miroku. . . your hell hole. . .” Kagome whispered, staring in horror at his hand. “It's. . .”
 
“. . . Going to have to wait!” Inuyasha interrupted her as he drew his sword. “I smell a demon.”
 
“Naraku!” Sango hissed as she grabbed her boomerang bone from Kirere's back.
 
Shippo whimpered. “It's him . . . he's coming here. . .”
 
Kagome's eyes flew frantically back to Miroku. “Miroku. . .” She whispered in fear, still staring at his hand.
 
Miroku clenched his fist tigthly. So, Naraku's coming to see me die, is he? He thought, unclenching his fist. He will die this time! He swore.
 
Kukukuku. . . It would seem it is time for the curse I placed on you generations ago to collect.” Naraku said with a smile from his spot high above the trees.
 
“Naraku!” Inuyasha wailed, leaping at him in an attack of fury. “I'll kill you!”
 
Naraku quickly batted him aside. “ But you couldn't. . . not when you swing your lovely sword around like an axe. . .
 
Inuyasha growled at him from his spot on the ground.
 
Now. . .” Naraku said as he lowered himself to the ground, erecting a barrier as he did so. “ You killed my warriors, and ruined any chances of me having them deliver the miko to me. . . it angers me that she is still alive.” Naraku said as he swiped a long piece of ebony hari from his face. “ Now you can make ammends, though, monk.” Naraku said, pointing a single finger at Miroku. “ Kill her.
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Dun Dun Dun. . . what will happen next? I know, because I've already finished the story! I finished it in a mad writing spree that lasted nearly two nights and thirteen cups of coffee, and two gallons of iced green tea! But if you want to know what happens, review!