InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ chapter sixteen ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once Upon a Cell Phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: . . . I am sure you just want to seee whethe or not the Inuyasha gang can actually defeat Naraku. What would you all do if I killed them off? Betcha' you would hate me, huh? Well, just read and promise not to hate me! `Kay?
 
Rating: Mature: They haven't had sex yet, I can't kill of Miroku or Kagome. (But everyone else is fair game!)
 
Etc: Kagome: Knock it off, Anonymous Fangirl! Just get with the story!
Anonymous Fangirl: Fine. . . As it seems Kagome doesn't feel like waiting for me to finish typing, I should just get one with the fic, huh? Read and Review!
 
 
 
Chapter Sixteen
 
 
Miroku blinked twice in astonishment. “What did you just say?” He gritted through his teeth, unbelieving that even Naraku would be so arogant as to think that he could simply tell him to kill the woman he loved.
 
Naraku's lips curled in to a sick thing that could not be discribed as a smile. “ I said, Kill her. Kill your miko. You'll enjoy it, I promise. I know. . . I've killed a woman who meant more than life to me before. . . I know how good it feels to be rid of such a thing.
 
Miroku stared at him in disgust. But Kagome spoke first. “You Monster! You wouldn't understand love! You couldn't understand love! Whatever you had with Kikyo was sick! She never loved you!” Kagoem siad, throwinf on of her hands to her heart. “I should know! Her soul resides within me once again!” She screamed, sending out a burst of pure miko energy.
 
Naraku growled, low and deep. “ Kill her, Miroku, or I will kill her myself. I have thought of many ways I would like to kill Kikyo. . . and this would be second best to that.
 
Miroku glared at Naraku. “Sango. . . take Kagome on Kirere and take her as far away from here as you can.” He demanded through clenched teeth.
 
Sango looked back and forth from Miroku to Kagome. “But, Miroku. . .”
 
Miroku turned to glare at Sango. “Do it, Sango! I can't fight and be distracted by whether or not she'll get hurt! Get her out of here!”
 
Naraku smirked. “ Foolish monk. . . you think to take your eyes off of ME?!?” He screamed as he sliced through the air, making a clean sweaping motion across Miroku's chest with his sword.
 
Miroku gasped and coughed, coughing up blood for the second time in a matter of ten minutes.
 
“Miroku!” Kagome screamed, running past Sango's arms and making a bee line straight for him. “Miroku, are you-“
 
“Go away Kagome!” Miroku commanded her, glaring at her. “Get out of here! Now!”
 
Kagome shook her head. “No, Miroku! I won't leave you alone! This is our enemy! Not yours, not your stupid organization! It is our enemy!” She told him, wrapping her arms around him and glaring at Naraku, as if to form a shield. I dare you to take him. . . her eyes clearly read. I dare you to take him from me!
 
“Don't be stupid, Kagome! Get out of here!” Miroku said as he pushed her off of him.
 
Kagome bared her tiny human incisors at him. “No! I won't let you do this alone! For the simpy fact that I've come too far to be denied now! He is my kill too!” Kagome said vengefully.
 
Sango nodded. “She's right, Miroku. She is no longer the girl she was, once upon a time. She is now a warrior worthy of the garbs she donned yesterday, and she deserves to be here as much as the rest of us, if not more so.”
 
Inuyasha nodded, standing up. “Besides. . .” He said, spitting out the blood that poured out of a wound on his lips, “. . . I wouldn't want to have Naraku defeated with out every one of you guys here!”
 
Sango nodded and Kagome turned to Miroku. “So stand up, Miroku. We are going to fight him . . .” Kagome said, clenching her fist and moving in to a fighters satnce, drawing her bow and arrows from her back. “We are going to fight him, and we are going to win!”
 
Naraku cocked one eyebrow. “ Awfully confident of you, miko. What powers do you think you possess that Kikyo didn't? What makes you think that you could possibly win, when she, a full developed miko with extraordinary powers, couldn't?
 
Sango turned to Kirere. “Take Shippo and get out of here.”
 
Shippo glared at Sango. “No! I'm staying too!”
Sango frowned down at him. “You're always saying that you are just a kid, yet when the battle is the most dangerous, you want to stay? No. Get out of here, Shippo.”
 
Inuyasha lay one hand on Sango's shoulder, eyes still lock on Naraku. “No. This is his fight too. Shippo stays.”
 
Shippo nodded and took a deep breath. “I can do this!”
 
Naraku twisted his lips up cruelly. “ How precious. But tell me, monk, how long do you think you'll last?”
Sango turned to look at Miroku. “What's he talking about, Miroku?”
 
Miroku clenched his fist and turned his attention solely to Naraku, ignoring her completely.
 
Naraku sneered. “ What? Didn't you tell your friends that their greatest danger right now isn't me, it's you?
 
Kagome looked down at Miroku's clenched fist. It was throbbing, she could see, and the redness was spreading up his arm. “The hell hole. . . Kagome whispered, grabbing Miroku's left hand in reassurance.
Narku smiled his twisted smile. “ Yes. . . his hell hole. So aptly named, as that's where it's going to take him.
 
Inuyasha stepped forward next to Miroku and Kagome. “Miroku. . . how long can you last?”
 
Miroku smirked. “Do you need to ask? I can hold out as long as I have too.”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Leave it to you to be cocky at a time like this!” He screamed as he jumped at Naraku, sword drawn.
 
Naraku leered at him. “ You fool. . . I am behind a barriar I constructed to specifically keep your sword from breaking through. . .
 
Inuyasha smirked as he leapt righ over the barriar. “Then it's a good thing that's not what I was trying to do. Kagome!” Inuyasha screamed when he landed on the other side, twisting to the edge.
 
“Right!” Kagome yelled, charging and aiming her arrow. “Hit the mark!” She screamed as she released it in a blinding flash of pure miko energy.
 
Naraku's eyes widened as he fled his barriar at the last second, chargin for Kagome at unbelievable speeds.
 
“Kagome!” Miroku screamed, reaching for her. . . but he was too slow.
 
Naraku sneered as he held Kagome captive and helpess in his arms, her arms pinned uselessly to her sides.
 
Naraku leaned down and ran his tongue up Kagome's face, chuckling. “ What a lovely little morsal. . . maybe I'll keep her alive after you are all dead. . . you know, to have a little bit of fun with her.
 
Miroku hissed. “You Bastard!” He screamed as he grabbed on to his beads, preparing to rip them off.
 
Naraku chuckled. “ Ah, ah, ah, monk. Unless you want your pretty little miko swallowed up too, you had better point that weapon elsewhere. . . maybe at your other friends. Yes, that would do nicely. Kill them, then kill her.
 
Miroku grimaced as he held his beads. What should he do? What should he do?! With Kagome in Naraku's hands, he was sure that there was no hope. . .
 
. . . None. . .
 
Miroku had always been told that in the end, you remember the beginning. He didn't realize it was literal until just then. He remembered. . .
 
He remembered watching her bathe herself, then sneaking out of the water, only to come back to watch her bathe her young kitsune companion. . .
 
He remembered his shock at seeing her the next day on a bike from the future, riding and carrying the shards of the shikon jewel around her neck. . .
 
His even greater shock when she took such a risk to help her friend by testint the theory that he wouldn't suck an innocent in to his hell hole himself. . .
 
Miroku's eyes widened. That's it.
 
Miroku lifted his beads once again, and stared striaght in to Kagome's eyes.
 
Naraku chuckled. “ See, miko? He would prefer my head over your heart. . .” Naraku whispered, unable to keep the fear from his voice.
 
Kagome looked down at Miroku, preparing to rip his beads off, preparing to unleash hell on her, and. . .
 
She couldn't hate him. If he was going to kill her, then she would die loving him. She refused to be like Kikyo, who died manipulated by Naraku. Yes, Kagome was being manipulated, but she still had her heart. And she would never, ever let Naraku take that from her.
 
I love you. She whispered on the winds as the unfurled around her.
 
“Miroku!” She heard four voices scream, surprised that one of them was her own.
 
Hush my child. . . Kagome's eyes widened in shock as time seemed to slow around her. Kagome looked forward and gasped, shocked when even that seemed a hollow and echoey sound.
 
What's going on? Kagome asked, touching her throat in surprise when her thoughts were whispered out loud with out her speaking.
 
A bright light suddenly split out from Miroku's hell hole. Kagome shielded her eyes and stared in awe, for there, in the center of the light, was the most beautiful woman Kagome had ever seen.
 
Who are you? Kagome asked in her second voice.
 
The woman smiled. Don't you know? I am god. Well, goddess as the case may be, but I am the lordly figure who rules you all none the less.
 
As Kagome stared, a feeling of warmth broke over her. Why are you here now? Are you going to take me to heaven, or hell, or wherever I'm going?
 
Goddess laughed. Why of course not, you silly goose! I'm here to reward you!
 
Kagome cocked her head. Reward me? For what? Why?
 
Goddess shook her head. You certainly ask a lot of questions. But, I shall answer them. Never before have I come across someone as pure as you, and I've been around for a while. He could kill you, with one wrong move, but you would die loving him still. Why?
 
Kagome smiled. How could I not love him? He has been my companion in everything. . . and there is still so much about him I don't understand. . .
 
Goddess smiled. That is why you are to be rewarded. You shall have your chance to know him, as you will both live to be old, both live for a long, long time. And when your time comes, as you are so deserving, I shall make sure, personally, that he and you meet again in every one of your lives.
 
Kagome gasped. You would do that? But why?
 
Goddess shrugged. You are a good person, Kagome Higurashi, and so is he. Embarking on a quest you could have simply ignored. . . helping all you could. . .
 
Kagome smiled. Thank you, Goddess, for giving me this gift. I shall not abuse it and do my best to deserve it.
 
Goddess smiled. You already deserve it. Oh, and I have a message for you from a friend of yours. Says her death isn't your fault. She says to let go of the past, and look towards the future.
 
Kagome blinked. Megumi?
 
Goddess smiled. Now, she will need a new name, won't she? That one's mine. Goddess turned and walked back towards the hell hole. Oh, and you can understand how I can't have you remember this conversation, right?
 
Kagome nodded. Of course, Goddess. Thank you.
 
Good bye now! She whispered, the light from the hell hole closing around her form. And. . . thank you, those who have suffered. May you live well.
 
And then hell began again.
 
But this time, Kagome wasn't scared in the least.