InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain Hurts: Hurts Pain ❯ Kikyo... Why? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pain Hurts: Hurts Pain
*Kikyo…Why? *
(A/N: I do not own InuYasha)*dedicated to dogdemoninuyashaandkagome*
Kagome couldn't believe her luck. Just when she actually has a good time, Kikyo comes around and spoils her happiness. Kagome didn't know how InuYasha would react with Kikyo around and that scared her to death. She didn't know if he would leave her there and go to Kikyo or stay with her and tell Kikyo to go back to Hell without him. She gave InuYasha a broken-hearted, questioning gaze.
 
InuYasha knew Kagome had that heart-braking gaze on him and knew what she was thinking. Every other time Kikyo showed up, InuYasha would run after Kikyo, his first love, and come back never looking Kagome in the eye. This situation always broke Kagome's heart; knowing the man you love is running after another. Not only is the other woman dead and his first love, but also ruins every precious moment with the one you love when you are finally getting alone time with him.
 
InuYasha always knew what his reply would be if this situation was to come. He had been thinking about it for some time, and knew he would never leave Kagome. InuYasha thought Kagome always had a part of his heart ever since she released him from Kikyo's arrow that bound him to the God Tree for 50 years. He wasn't in love with Kikyo; it was just an infatuation because someone actually accepted him. Although, it took him awhile to see that she didn't accept him for who he was because she wanted him to become human and be rid of being the protector of the jewel.
 
The last time InuYasha went to see Kikyo he knew he loved Kagome, but needed to tell Kikyo goodbye. Although, that never happened because Miroku stopped him from going by asking him some questions. Of course Miroku knew InuYasha was slow, but he didn't think he was so slow to not realize that he loved someone. Miroku never told InuYasha the sobs of heartbreak he heard when he left to Kikyo
 
InuYasha gathered Kagome in his arms and looked around until he saw Kikyo and her soul stealers. When InuYasha saw Kikyo he grew sad, but reminded himself that he didn't love her and that it wasn't his fault that Kikyo died 50 years ago. He reminded himself the he loved Kagome, a lively girl from the future that stole his heart, and would never stop loving her.
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome asked in a shaky voice. The tone of voice she was using made InuYasha scared. Kagome, in his point of view, should never be scared with him around and if she was, he would correct it.
 
“It's ok Kagome. I'm not going anywhere; I'll never leave you again.” When InuYasha finished, Kikyo could be seen strolling out of the wooded area and into the clearing of the God Tree.
 
“InuYasha, I see you are with my pathetic reincarnation… even though you say you love me? What a fool you are InuYasha, for falling in love with a pathetic excuse for a copy of mine. Wouldn't you like to have the real thing?” Kikyo remarked stepping closer with each word she said.
 
InuYasha looked straight at Kikyo with a cold stare. “No… she is not a pathetic copy of yours; she is more than you'll ever be,” With that Kikyo stopped dead in her tracks. “When I was with you it was an infatuation because I thought you accepted me. But, I was wrong; wasn't I Kikyo? You never accepted me; you used me. I bet you like to toy with people's feelings, don't you? Answer me Kikyo, don't you? I never loved you… I just thought I was in love. I'm glad Naraku killed you before because, quite frankly, I really don't want to know what it would be like to spend the rest of my days with a selfish woman who toys with people like little game pieces. Once you get them where you want them; you leave them and never see them again. Isn't that right Kikyo; don't you play people like games?” InuYasha taunted while holding Kagome as if he had let go, she would disappear. Kagome gave InuYasha a loving smile in which he looked down to return.
 
Kikyo gave the couple a glare with pure hatred in her eyes. “InuYasha know this; if I can't have you, neither can she,” Kikyo spoke with pure hatred twisting her voice into a dark sounding tone. While she did this, she took out her bow and arrow and notched the arrow, aiming towards InuYasha. InuYasha saw this and let go of Kagome.
 
InuYasha unsheathed Tetsusaiga and pointed it towards Kikyo. “Ok then Kikyo; come at me then,” InuYasha said ready it use Tetsusaiga to block the arrow. Kagome knew it was safest behind InuYasha, so she walked behind InuYasha knowing he would want her there. InuYasha saw this out of the corner of his eye and smiled on the inside knowing what to do without him telling her showed him that she knew him a lot more than he thought.
 
Kikyo released her arrow and sent it soaring toward InuYasha with dark energy crackling around the tip instead of pure energy. InuYasha easily blocked it with Tetsusaiga. Then Kikyo notched another arrow and held it for a while knowing InuYasha wanted to say something to fuel her dark energy to become stronger.
 
“Kikyo… is that all you got. This is nothing compared to Kagome. I know you can do better than that, or… maybe not?” InuYasha taunted with a grin that shined with pride. With this Kikyo's dark energy grew to great limits. Most likely you could feel the hate flaring off of her. She counted to three and let go of the arrow. The arrow's energy was bigger than InuYasha himself. InuYasha knew he couldn't block the attack and dodged the arrow by jumping towards the God Tree.
 
Kagome was in a state of shock when the arrow came towards her. Time seemed to go by slowly when she watched the arrow come at her with its energy out sizing her by several feet. InuYasha landed at the God Tree and turned around to see Kagome inches away from certain death. InuYasha could feel his heart stop when he saw her moments away from her demise. He felt a stinging feeling and noticed tears welling up in his eyes, but kept them at bay.
 
“KAGOME!!!” InuYasha screamed in agony while running to her when the arrow came closer to her. Kagome saw it inches away from her shoulder and closed her eyes ready for the pain. A few seconds later the arrow hit Kagome in the shoulder and she screamed in pain while falling to the ground, no longer able to with stand so much pain.
 
InuYasha made it to Kagome only to see her in a bloody uniform. InuYasha had the same feeling of tears welling up in his eyes. As soon as he made it to Kagome, he collapsed on his hands and knees; letting his tears fall freely. How many others would be hurt because of him? Will the pain stop haunting him? He had no clue except for the fact that his Kagome was hurt. So, InuYasha reached over to Kagome putting one hand on her collarbone and one around the middle of the arrow. With a sharp tug, and a whimper from Kagome, the arrow came lose and he threw it with anguish of it hurting his Kagome. He took off his outer Fire Rat Robe and put it around Kagome and gathered her into his arms while sobbing hysterically. The pain was unbearable; he just wanted to take away her pain and not make her suffer.
 
Once he got him self together he looked up to see an evil grinning Kikyo staring at the heart-braking scene. InuYasha set Kagome down and rose from his spot. InuYasha could feel his blood boiling which meant his demon half wanted revenge. He wanted to let his demon half out just to have the pleasure of killing Kikyo in a form she never saw him in. Letting his blood boil over he started transforming into his demon form. His claws and fangs grew, his eyes turned from amber-gold to a sedate red, and he grew purple marks on the side of his face.
 
Kikyo saw what was happening and was scared when she looked into his eyes and saw how badly he wanted revenge… and it was a lot. She started to step back when she saw his one and only focus… to kill her. She didn't know what to do; she had never seen her in this from before.
Demon InuYasha raised his right claw while looking at it then at Kikyo. His gaze was unlike anything Kikyo had ever seen; she had never seen her in this from before.
Demon InuYasha raised his right claw while looking at it then at Kikyo. His gaze was unlike anything Kikyo had ever seen; it looked as though he was choosing when her fate should prevail. She knew she was done for and regretted even coming.
InuYasha knew what he was doing; it was like he was in control of his demon form and he knew what he wanted to do. Demon InuYasha jumped up so quickly that Kikyo looked around for him only to come face to face with his claws.
Kikyo body was torn to bits by Demon InuYasha's claws and there was no trace of her left. He started transforming back because his demon form was satisfied with the revenge he got. Once he was fully transformed into his half-demon self, he dropped to his hand and knees with an angry face on, eyes closed, and said while grinding his teeth, "Kikyo... why?" Finally he stood up and went to Kagome. He carefully picked up Kagome and made a fast journey to Keade's hut to seal Kagome's badly bleeding wound.