InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Warm Welcoming ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 --> Warm Welcoming
----------------------------------------------------

From the break in the woods, the gang easily found a little village. It wasn't by far little. The area that this village covered was huge, and stretched out for what it seemed to be a mile. Flowers encaged the village and fields fell to either side. There was a river than ran right through the center of it, and there was a very large mansion-like-castle. The gang all looked down and over towards the village, all with one thought on their minds... food.

"I bet they have so much food..." started Shippou jumping on Inuyasha's shoulder.

"Yes, maybe we--I can do my job and get us something to eat," suggested Miroku.

"And which job would that be? Exercising or womanizing?" eyed Sango towards the blushing Miroku.

"Well-"

"I sense the presence of a jewel shard," interjected Kagome.

"Then what are we waiting for?" asked Inuyasha. They all started off towards the village, to only be greeted by a very large wall, one that had many watch guard towers, and a big sturdy door. The guards all looked down at the group with suspicious glares.

"Friendly no?" joked Kagome.

"I doubt they even know what that means-" started Inuyasha, when a loud voice interrupted him.

"What brings you to our land?" asked a young man, standing in the middle of the entrance door. They all stopped and looked at the man. He seemed to be in his late twenties, and wore a warrior's uniform as he sat aboard a black horse. Next to him was another man, who seemed to be just a few years younger than the first one. The group walked up to him, to get a real close look at the two handsome men.

"We came to see if you needed any exercising of your village," calmly declared Miroku, bowing slightly towards the warriors. "As a monk I take my service seriously and would be honored to exercise a village such as yours." Inuyasha rolled his eyes, but Kagome gutted him quickly. He snapped a venomous glare towards her, but she was looking back at the warrior.

"I am not sure," replied the younger warrior, Taro. "I am doubtful of your services as you can see-" Suddenly a dozen arrows flew from the top of the wall, surrounding Inuyasha and Shippou in a circle.

"WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!" he cursed at them. The warrior had drawn his sword and pointed it at Inuyasha and Shippou's faces.

"Youkai scum are destroyed immediately at sight," finished the older man, Taji. "As order of my father, the Lord of these lands, all youkais are to be destroyed before they can have a chance to do any damage to our village. And you two are no exception, dog youkai and kistune." Inuyasha looked cross eyed at the tip of the sword that was resting at the bridge of his nose. Shippou's mouth dropped open, as the rest of the gang were dumbfounded at what was going on.

"Wait!" shouted Sango. "You can't hurt Shippou!"

"What about me!" demanded Inuyasha.

"Either of them," declared Kagome. "They are our friends."

"And so are enemies in a war. They all have family and friends, but they still die," coldly said Taji, taking his sword back and quickly swinging it, aiming for Inuyasha's neck.

"I don't think so," murmured Inuyasha as his hand reached for Tetsusaiga.

"What if I told you I can control them!" blurted out Kagome, before the man could finish his swing. The attack stopped, as Shippou was sweating at what was just happening. The man had his sword just mere inches from both youkais and Inuyasha started to draw Tetsusaiga, but stopped before it was fully unsheathed.

"Control him?" questioned Taro. "How can a mere woman control a dangerous youkai?" Kagome grinned and walked over towards them, next to Inuyasha as a panic look went over him.

"You see, the fox youkai, Shippou, is only a child and I've been 're-training' him to know that mortals are friends," stated Kagome. The Prince, Taji, nodded his head at that comment.

"But what about the boy?" he asked. Inuyasha's eyes widened as his pupils shrunk.

"It's quite simple, see this necklace?"

"Kagome, don't you dare-"

"Inuyasha, sit boy!" Inuyasha went planting face first into the dust. Shippou jumped off his shoulder and Kagome caught him in the air. "As you can see I am in control of both of these youkais, so they are harmless to you." Inuyasha mumbled something as he waited for the spell to wear off, but no one could understand him. Kagome looked down at Inuyasha, a quick look of "sorry" crossed her face. The warrior sheathed his sword and he put on a smile.

"I see," Taji replied. "I must say that you are a very lucky woman, to be able to control a youkai. And those two misfits are lucky not to be killed."

"Like you could have killed me..." mumbled Inuyasha waiting for the spell to wear off.

"Come, I invite you to visit my father," waved Taro, as he jumped off his horse. Taji did the same and held out his hand towards Kagome.

"Please, you may ride my horse to my father's house, it is a bit of a walk," smiled Taji.

"And you may ride mine as we make it over towards our home," stated Taro towards Sango. Miroku looked tweaked a bit, but no one paid any attention towards him. The girls grinned and quickly were helped up onto the horses' backs. Kagome looked back at Inuyasha, as the spell was wearing off.

"You coming?" she asked him.

"Feh." Shippou sat in front of Kagome on the black horse's back. Finally when Inuyasha was able to stand up again, the group started their walk towards the house. And it was a bit of a walk. The Lord's home was all the way on the other side of the village and up upon a hill top. Taji, Shippou, and Kagome led the way, followed by Sango and Taro, Miroku walked on foot keeping an eye on Sango at times, and Inuyasha followed behind them, arms crossed, and his temper rising. As they passed many of the women on their way, Kagome watched as they started to whisper to each other. A few comments and slamming of doors came about because of Inuyasha and Shippou.

"So what brings you out here?" asked Taji, looking up towards Kagome. "Besides the monk offering his services."

"Actually, we are looking for pieces of the Shikon no Tama," Kagome told him. He nodded. Just then Kagome's stomach grumbled, and her face showed the pure sign of embarrassment.

"You must all be hungry," stated Taji. "We will set you up with food to eat as soon as we get to our father."

"Thank you very much," smiled Kagome.

"I have heard a lot of talk about how some how the Sacred Jewel has come back and broke," replied the warrior prince. "How has your quest been fairing you?"

"We've had our ups and downs," declared Kagome.

"I hope nothing to truly trouble you," smiled Taji. Kagome gave him a puzzled look, but the Prince was already looking in front of him.

"If I may be so bold to guess," started Taro. "I would say that your youkai has been protecting you. Everyone knows how the Shikon no Tama gives power to the youkais, and many are looking for it. Some have passed through our village. Hence our reasoning for this welcoming."

"Well, it is true that Inuyasha has gotten us out of a couple of tight spots; he's a real friend," said Kagome glancing back towards the hanyou. But Inuyasha was too busy warding off the little kids that snuck away from their fearful mothers, trying to jump up and touch his dog ears.

"Well, he may be your friend, but he is still enemy to our village," replied Taji.

"Don't be so hard on them," interjected Sango. "He does mean well. In his own... ways." Miroku walked crossed armed the whole time, trying to keep his cool, with Taro being so close to Sango. The group came up to front gates of the house, and the guards opened the longing doors. Pouring into the court yard of the Lord, a little boy came running out of the house, followed by a girl who seemed to be in her teen years.

"TAJI! TARO! Where have you been!" shouted the little boy, running right up to them, panting as he stopped in front of Taji.

"What's the rush Hiroki?" asked Taji. "You didn't put toads in the guards' quarters again?" Hiroki shook his head, but still had to catch his breath.

"I tried to stop him," stated the girl, Aiko. "But he just took off when the men told us that you were coming back with a group." Miroku looked at Aiko was gazing wide eyes. "But a youkai! Two youkais!"

"What is the meaning of this Taji?" shouted a man from up on top of the large stair way, departing down to them. Taji and Taro blushed a bit.

"Hello, Father," said Taji. "What's the meaning of what?"

"Don't test me," grunted the old man. "I want to know why there are two youkais on my lands!"

"Oh you see, this young lady here has control over them," replied Taro. The man rose his brow in disbelief of such an accusation. "But it is true father."

"Hush your tongue, Taro," stated the Lord. "I trust your word, but I don't trust any youkai." Kagome jumped off Taji's horse and walked up to the Lord and bowed before him.

"Pardon me, my lord. My name's Kagome, and I am the one that your son talks of who can control the youkais," she said. The man nodded, but still didn't have a hint of believing her. "Would you care for a demonstration?" The man's eyes widened and he nodded.

"Most deffinently. My ales of worry would be eased." Inuyasha jumped back, and put up his hands.

"Kagome-"

"Inuyasha, sit boy," she stated. Plunging down, the dirt sifted and flew into the breeze as Inuyasha face planted again into the dirt. The old man boasted into a belly laugh at the sight of Inuyasha eating a face full of dirt. [Mental note to apologize to Inuyasha ASAP, ] thought Kagome.

"My, indeed you have that filth under wraps," laughed the man. "I am Lord Akiyama. And I've seen you've met my eldest sons, Taji and Taro. This is Akiyama Hiroki, my youngest. And my fair daughter, Akiyama Aiko. Please, what brings you all to my lands?"

"We have come to-" started Kagome.

"As a monk it is my sworn duty to care for the well being of all humans in these troubled times," interjected Miroku. "And as part of my duty, I ask if I may have the honor of exercising your home from any monsters that might be dwelling in it."

"I must say that my village has been wiped clean from scum like that," Akiyama declared, pointing at the slowly rising Inuyasha. Shippou growled under his breath, sitting on the horse, crossing his arms. "But as these are troubled times, I would be grateful if you do rid my home from anything that could be hiding, Monk." Miroku clasped his hands together, and then his eyes grazed over Aiko, who was looking back at him through her cocoa eyes, a grin on her face.

"TARO! TARO!" shouted Hiroki.

"What is it?"

"Tonight!" Hiroki said. "Tonight's the full moon of the lunar cycle!" Taro's eyes opened and a smile crossed his face. "She should be here soon!"

"Who?" asked Sango.

"Here she is!" shouted Hiroki jumping into a run. Sprinting over, the little eight-year-old jumped into a bear hug from a girl in a pale blue and white kimono. "What took you so long! I thought you said you'd be here at day break!" Hiroki leaned out of the hug, and everyone got to see the face of the girl. She seemed to be about 17, with dazzling blue eyes. Her long black hair fell down towards the ground, but was slipped into three golden brackets. Around her neck was a necklace of fangs. In her sash, behind her back was a large, thick stick. She hugged Hiroki tightly.

"I am sorry I broke my promise," stated the girl.

"It's OK, at least you are here!" exclaimed the boy. "Taro, come see! Sakuya's here!" The boy turned back to the group, and Sakuya looked up towards them. She was surprised to see the big crowd, and especially two strange women, a monk, and two youkais in the village. Sakuya stood up and walked over towards them, holding Hiroki's hand. Taro dropped the reins of his horse and walked over towards Sakuya and his little brother.

"Sakuya."

"Taro."

"Who's that?" asked Kagome. Akiyama smiled and nodded his head towards them.

"That is Sakuya. She comes to our village two times during each lunar cycle. Taro has taken a liking to her, and I must say her manners are exquisite. She doesn't live here even though we have offered our home to her plenty of times," replied Akiyama. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes as he looked at Sakuya, a frown on his face. Shippou hopped off his horse, and jumped to cling to Inuyasha's kimono.

"What's wrong, Inuyasha?" asked the little kitsune. Inuyasha smelled the air, and then continued his hard glare.

"Some where, I've seen her, but her smell," stated the hanyou. "I've never smelt her before."

"Hmm," pondered Shippou. The three of them walked back towards the larger group.

"Welcome, Sakuya. It's so good to see you again," stated Akiyama. Sakuya smiled and bowed towards the lord.

"I am honored to be here again," she replied. Sakuya's eyes fell over the gang. "And who might these ones be?"

"Sakuya, I would like to introduce someone exquisite to you," stated Akiyama. "But please, don't fret about the youkais. I remember the story about your experience with youkais. But this here, Lady Kagome, she has the ability to control these two." Sakuya rose a brow at the thought, and narrowed her eyes in disbelief.

"Control?" she stated. "Please excuse my manners, but I must not agree with such an accusation. I have run into many youkais in my time. A youkai cannot be controlled." She eyed Inuyasha and Shippou, as they both stared back at her. "But the Lord has never been wrong before, so be it. I am just glad that my visit is also graced with the presence of others." She sounded so sick that it wanted to make Inuyasha barf. There was no way that this girl could be so... so her.

"Sakuya, would you care to see what is new of the village?" asked Taro, a glint of rays in his eyes. Sakuya smiled and nodded. Taro led the way, as they departed from the group.

"I told you her manners are exuberant," replied the old Lord.

"She sounds fake if you ask me," mumbled Inuyasha. Everyone took to ignore him.

"Good God Father, you sound like she's your own daughter or something," joked Taji. "You only ever say good things about her."

"And I always say good things about all my children," asserted Akiyama. "Now, Monk, I can show you through my home-" Aiko jumped in front of her father and stood between him and Miroku.

"Father, you look tired, go and rest. I can show the Monk through the house and village while you rest," she said. A large grin growing on her face. Miroku kept his same calm expression, but inside he was jumping. Sango slid off the back of the horse and narrowed her eyes and frowned. Kirara sat on her shoulder, looking between Sango and Miroku and Miroku and Aiko. The old man rubbed his chin in thought, and then sighed and smiled.

"Show him around my dear. I shall sleep better knowing that his services have been performed." Aiko grinned and bowed to her father, as she grabbed Miroku's arm and led him into the house. Sango's temper rose and steam was coming out of her ears. [Oh he'll be giving his services all right! Stupid lecher. ] she thought, fuming.

"You are all welcomed to stay in my lands as long as you desire," stated Akiyama. "Please make yourselves at home here. And you are invited to join me for a feast tonight." Akiyama turned around and headed back for his house. "And Lady Kagome. I trust that neither of your youkais will cause any problems for my people." Kagome shook her head and Akiyama made his way to the doors. Taji walked over towards Kagome, a smile crossing his broadening face.

"I would be honored if you do me the privilege of escorting your around my father's village," said Taji. Kagome blushed as the handsome samurai asked her "out". Inuyasha growled a bit, but Kagome was so caught up in Taji's soft blue eyes, that she didn't even notice Inuyasha's actions.

"Sure," she replied. Taji grinned and led her off down the path way that Sakuya and Taro had just taken. Inuyasha's face got all red in anger as he watched the two walking away, Taji slipping Kagome's arm into his. Sango was standing back to back of Inuyasha, her face just as red as Miroku went into the house with Aiko. Hiroki and Shippou were standing next to each other, looking back and forth between the two hot heads. Shippou jumped up on Hiroki's head and looked down at him.

"What's eating them?" asked Hiroki. Shippou laughed a little bit.

"Inuyasha's in love with-" But before he could finish, Inuyasha punched Shippou off of Hiroki's head. The sudden attack shocked the eight-year-old and he fell to the ground.

"You have such a big mouth don't you!" shouted Inuyasha, pounding the little kitsune's head into the ground.

"Stop.it.Inu.yasha!" cried back Shippou in between each pound to the ground. Sango walked over towards them.

"Stop it, or Akiyama is going to see you and have his men kill you," she replied. Hiroki nodded his head rather quickly.

"Father wasn't very happy when the guards told him my older brothers had two youkais with them. He would probably rather see you dead," declared Hiroki. Inuyasha ceased his beating of Shippou and turned to face the little mortal.

"Oh really," stated Inuyasha. "Not even the youkai Ryuukotsousei could bring me down. What will a couple of mortals do to me?" Hiroki looked him square in the eye, face to face. [Pretty bold for a little kid, ] thought Sango.

"My father's army is the best!" shouted Hiroki, his temper lost. "They have never lost to anyone, and have destroyed plenty of youkais that I bet are better than you!"

"Why I ought to-"

"INUYASHA!" shouted Shippou, jumping in front of Hiroki.

"WHAT!"

"He's the Lord's son!" shouted Shippou. "If they do kill you, what will Kagome say?" Inuyasha sat back a second. "I know what she'll say. She'll call you a stupid fool! An idiot!" Inuyasha growled, and slammed Shippou into the ground. Hiroki could only laugh.

"So you do like Lady Kagome," laughed Hiroki. "And my guess is that you like the Monk." Sango blushed.

"How could I ever love a pig like that," she replied.

"But he's a man of the cloth isn't he?" asked Hiroki, pressing his finger to his lips curiously.

"Well, he does more 'exercising' than just getting rid of youkais," replied Sango.

"What kind of exercising?"

"You're too young," inserted Inuyasha. "You wouldn't know. No, you wouldn't want to know." Hiroki stood up.

"Well, at least I know Taro's happy," replied Hiroki. "He's in love with Sakuya, and she's the best!"

"She sounds like a fake if you ask me," decided Inuyasha.

"Why would you say that?" questioned Shippou. "I think she does seem very nice."

"I've run across a lot of mortal women, and everyone has their flaws. She acts like she doesn't have any. Too arrogant."

"Well she does have a flaw!" shouted Hiroki, not knowing if it sounded good or not.
and what's that?" asked Inuyasha, standing up, looking the young boy in the face. "Doesn't know how to cook her own meal?" Sango placed her hand over her face, and Kirara jumped off her shoulder.

"She told me she has no parents-"

"So, I have no parents. That's no flaw. Neither does Sango or Shippou-" Both of them glared at Inuyasha.

"Did you have to raise yourself since you were like five?"

"Oh great, you're making her sound more like the tragic hero than you've already got in her head," blurted Inuyasha. Hiroki's fists tightened as his anger built up even more. Reaching into his kimono, he pulled out a necklace, on the one end, it had something that looked like a jewel shard. "Hey, where did you get that!"

"Sakuya gave it to me," he snapped. "She told me whenever I was in trouble or needed her, all I had to do was wish on it, and she would be there. She's the greatest person I know. Better than some stupid youkai like you!" Hiroki stomped harshly on Inuyasha's foot and ran off.

"OW! HEY GET BACK HERE YOU BRAT!" shouted Inuyasha, but Kirara transformed and jumped in front of him. Inuyasha turned back to Sango.

"Let the boy go," stated Sango. "He'll be back anyway. When Kagome's here at least. Then we can tell if it is true or not, if that really is a piece of the Shikon no Tama." Inuyasha growled. [I'm going to get back at that little brat! ] he thought. Shippou shook his head.

Hiroki ran down towards the village, passing many flocks of people. A few let out a couple of 'hellos' and Hiroki, out of politeness, made a quick reply to each. His jewel still attached to the string around his neck, and in his hand. [Stupid youkai. He doesn't know Sakuya at all. She makes Taro happy. After he lost Dai, he was so sad. But Sakuya makes him happy. And that's good enough for me and Father! ]

As he continued to run through the village, Hiroki made his way out of the gates. A few guards questioned him as he left, but Hiroki just ran passed them. He ran until he got to the forest, and sat down resting his back to a tree. He always did this. There were just a few times when Hiroki had to get out of those walls, never liking them since Akiyama had them built. He looked down at his Shard, as he took the necklace off his neck. "I don't care what that youkai says. Maybe Father's right about youkais. They aren't deserving of anything. If he makes Taro sad in any way, I'll make him pay. But that little youkai seemed nice enough. Too bad he has to hang out with that dog one."

Just in the bushes behind Hiroki, a pair of green eyes from the shadows started to glow. The rusty smell of poison filling his noise, the boy turned around, when suddenly mounds of silver threads leaped out of the forest and entangled him, first covering his mouth. Poor Hiroki had no time to scream. Pulled into the forest, he dropped the jewel shard onto the ground, letting it lay in the open. The warm sunshine pouring down onto it, reflecting into the bright blue sky.


----------------------------------------------------

Yes, I know that its a corny/overused ending. But that's how it goes [for those who are actually reading my fiction]. And I just want to make it clear that this will NOT be an InuyashaOC fic. Those are soooo boring! But I do want to say that Sakuya, Hiroki, Taro, Taji, Aiko, and Akiyama are my characters. Please R & R, please? pwetty pwease!

padfootop