InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ Predestination 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Something was tickling her nose, as she lie there her mind slowly told her it was a scent. It smelt of wild flowers and an outside breeze, well she sure as hell knew it wasn't Sesshoumaru. He wouldn't dare smell like any sort of flower, no his smell was manly, the only word she could describe it as. It wasn't Keito, hers was a herbal type smell. Finally giving up she opened her eyes to see giant chocolate covered ones, merely an inch from her face.

"ASA, Kagome-san." The giant eyes backed up revealing the owner of the greeting and the eyes. Sitting on the side of her bed was Rin, covered in multicolored flowers, with the worlds largest smile. She laughed off the awakening and hugged the girl with a tight hug.

"Hello Rin-chan how are you? You are so big from last time I saw you." She said stroking the girl's hair. She really wasn't but what the hell. Rin climbed into her lap and snuggled into her chest, obviously loving the affection. She knew Sesshoumaru would never cuddle the child, she usually just seen him pat her on the head once or twice, but Rin seemed pleased nonetheless.

"Rin is happy that you are here." Looking up at her with sparkling eyes. "Keito told me not to come down this hallway, but I was curious." She pouted her lip, at her statement. Kagome laughed a little and ruffled the girl's hair. She knew how curious little kids could be. Just thinking of that made her think of Sota and her family back home, causing her heart to clench.

"That's ok she probably thought I needed some rest but I love your company." She got up and placed the girl back on her bed. As she walked to the window and stared at the sky, she heard the chime of the girl's voice again.

"Why does Kagome look kind of like Sesshoumaru-sama?" her voice was filled with so much innocence, and she knew if she turned around she would see an innocent face to match. She couldn't tell her the whole truth, for she knew she wouldn't comprehend the matter.

"Well Rin Sesshoumaru-sama saved my life by making me his life friend, thus sharing his youkai abilities with me." Well she could least get an "E" for effort.

"Wow, that means you will be my friend forever. YAY!!!!" she squealed and started to dance circles around her legs in sheer excitement. Well at least she didn't ask her any more complicated questions. Just as she was about to coax Rin out with something when Keito walked in.

"Miss Rin I do believe it is time for your afternoon lessons." Her voice was gentle but it held a stern undertone. Rin must have caught it, because she sighed and bowed before sauntering out of the room with Keito behind her. Kagome thanked her inwardly before she went to the hot springs.

As she lie in the blissfully hot water she decided to meditate. It would do no good to get rusty on the miko skills she thought. She floated to the middle of the spring and let herself float on her back. Closing her eyes she started to hum, for some reason humming some tune was the only way to relax body and mind. She felt her aura strengthen greatly, wow she thought it must be a lot easier now that I am youkai. It usually took her a few good minutes, never a few seconds. Still humming she cupped the water and splashed it over her shoulder letting the soothing droplets run to the small of her back.

A familiar thump ran through her but this time it made her panic. Youkai!! Youkai were all around her she was afraid to open her eyes but she could feel it and sort of smell it. But now even with her eyes closed she could sense there predicted movements. They were going to attack her; she was so scared she could barely breath. She was too vulnerable; she was naked in chest high water surrounded my angry youkai. She kept her eyes closed, she didn't want to see her death, but for the first time she wished Sesshoumaru was here to protect her.

Eichiro was walking the castle perimeter when he felt the weirdest and scariest feeling he ever encountered. One of another youkai, a female at that, and a scent of a miko, an enemy to all youkai. He called other soldiers and ran to the source, they stopped in front of the royal hot springs. When they entered and spread out they all saw the strangest and most glorious sight known to existence. As they surrounded the main spring they watched the miko youkai bathe and hum. Any other time their minds would have been on other more interesting topics, but they could not ignore the fact that a miko was in the castle. They watched her sense their presence, they smelled the young nymphs fear before they all lunged towards her, but they drew back their claws as the overpowering scent and wave of power took over their senses. She was taken and she was taken by none other than their very own lord.

But what they didn't expect was for the girl to react. They watched as she held out both of the arms that were previously held tightly to her chest. They witnessed the beams of purple energy come out of her palms and surround them. But the purification never came only each was suspended in the air with a lethal purple ring, warning them not to move.

As he walked the gardens thinking over various plans he felt a heart-stopping tremor. He growled and bounded towards the direction to where the only one who could cause him such feelings. He quickened his pace to a light speed when he felt her uncontrolled fear.

He burst into the springs only to be greeted by a sight he never thought he would see. Each of his perimeter soldiers were suspended in the air by the young miko. He grabbed a towel and rushed to her shivering form, even though the water was warm and covered almost all her body. He could feel her fear radiating off her.

"Kagome." He watched has she stopped shivering a slowly opened her eyes.

She was greeted by the familiar stoic face youkai, but this time his eyes were etched with concern. She was so happy to see him, she could barley hold back the sobs. She flung her naked form into his reach, she was greeted by a warm towel wrapped about her.

"From now on you will address her as lady Kagome Lady of the Western Lands." He growled menacingly at his soldiers in the air. Turning towards her he spoke for her ears only, "Calm yourself, I am here now they will and cannot not hurt you." She looked up at him and whispered. "Arigatou again Sesshoumaru-sama." She felt oddly safe as he placed a hand on the small of her back and the other around her shoulders, she remembered how she used to only feel safe this way about Inuyasha, but now she felt just as or if not safer with Sesshoumaru.

"Gomen." She whispered to the soldiers before letting them fall slowly to the ground.

When they hit the floor they lined up at the door waiting. Sesshoumaru quickly picked up the miko and walked out of the room, giving Eichiro a thought message on his way out. {We will talk of this incident later.}

After they left Eichiro inwardly shivered at the cold message he received from his Lord.

"Gomen for reacting so harshly Sesshoumaru-sama." She whispered in his arms as they walked slowly to her room. Was he mad at her? His face was colder than usual and his silence was unnerving her. He never looked down at her but kept his face set on the destination. After a second, she felt his chest rumble through his armor. "Your reaction was well Kagome. You did not kill but issued a warning to them, but I see that you did it subconsciously. And I am also aware that you did not sense there presence or you would have covered yourself better, even though their eyes saw nothing but water." Did she hear a hint of an edge on that last part, was that why he was angry? She shook her head inwardly laughing at the idea, because that would mean he was jealous. "We shall have to work on your abilities when you return from that whelp." He sat her on her bed when they entered the room, as he turned to leave she thought of something and smiled.

"I had no idea you had soldiers, I never got a good look at them what kind are they."

He stopped his stride and turned towards her, he was kind of shocked that she didn't get a look at them. But he never let his face show it, he just made a mental note that her biggest problem is awareness. "They are all Inu. There is a small village that surrounds the base of my mountain, that is where their homes and families are located."

"Wow the only Inu I have seen are you and Inuyasha." Her face was bright and cheery as if the earlier incident never occurred. How strange he thought even as a youkai she has all of the same human emotions.

He left leaving her to dress. When he entered his study he noticed Eichiro waiting for him, walking past the inu soldier he sat down behind his desk and stared out the window.

"Eichiro, tell me what happened." His voice held no emotion, sending chills towards the young soldier.

Eichiro took a deep breath and described the events slowly in order to remember every detail. "Gomen for not realizing sooner, m'lord." He stood watching the back of the long silvered head lord for any reaction.

"Don't let this mistake occur again." Was the only reply, he received from the non-moving lord.

"Permission to speak, Lord Sesshoumaru." He watched as Sesshoumaru turned slowly and examined him, giving only a grunt for a reply.

"How did you find such a rare youkai. I have only heard tales of such creatures."

Sesshoumaru could see and hear the excitement in his voice. He regarded the inu slowly, Eichiro was actually older than him by one year. He remembered his mother placing the two together every now and then when he would practice hunting or fighting. They grew up as brothers almost; both would risk their lives for the other. He was the brother Inuyahsa never was.

"Telling you could result in many things." He simply stated.

"I see," Eichiro smiled devilishly, "It must be something terrible. Well when you feel ready to tell your old friend, I will be here to listen." He bowed and dismissed himself, but stopped in the doorway. "Oh and you can't fool me, I know you want her. Hell, she is the talk of all my soldiers, her beauty transcends normal demonesses. There just angry the water was there but don't worry I will keep them in line." After saying that he dashed out the door, as he raced down the halls he heard the feral roar of his friend's pure anger. He loved to make him angry he chuckled.

Hours later after playing with Rin she walked towards the study Keito reminded her of. Her long black and silver striped hair was braided all over with lilies and roses sticking out, compliments to Rin. She pushed the heavy door open, only to be shocked beyond all immortal belief. She couldn't believe her eyes, as she walked to the center of the room. The walls were covered with scrolls and journals all the way to the ceiling. She had no idea Sesshoumaru would have so much material. The room was decorated with reds and purples, while the giant windows let in room fills of sunlight. In the middle of the room was a giant black and ivory desk, with scrolls and papers strewn about. She scanned the wall for magic and spells and found a couple of huge journals. She sat at a smaller desk on the other side of the room that was the same color, as she got closer she noticed the carvings of beautiful Inu ladies doing all sorts of things. Totally forgetting about her task she stared at the carvings, brushing her finger tips carefully over the smooth ivory. Wondering if the bigger desk had carvings she walked over to it and moved some of the papers. She was greeted by the same thing all most but this one had male inu on it hunting, talking, fighting, and other similar task.

Deciding she should get back to work she sat and thumbed through the journal. In a matter of minutes she found the spell she needed and much more. She memorized the chant and searched for a mirror, finding one she started to practice. With a couple of tries she made her youkai features disappear from sight returning her looks to her human features. She had to admit there wasn't that big of a difference. After committing the spell to memory she decided to experiment on her youkai features.

Sesshoumaru entered his study after walking his lands to clear his mind, and headed for his desk. A movement to his right caught his attention however. He turned to see a white hair, bird youkai with the face of Kagome staring at him.

"Erm hi Sesshoumaru-sama, I'm just testing a few things out."

"I hope you learned to change that." Was all he said before grabbing a few papers and leaving.

"Stupid Baka!!" she mumbled before turning back towards the mirror. "Well I guess I do look a little ridiculous." Smiling she shook her head making the features disappear.

As she flipped through the tome she found a spell that caught her interest, as she sat and read the spell she didn't notice all the commotion outside.

"Youkai!!!" one of the inu guards shouted alerting everyone. Eichiro, ran towards the source to see a dozen small lizard/dragon heading straight for the castle wall. And if he judged right it was the study area. His heart raced as he remembered the last time he saw Sesshoumaru was in the study. As the soldiers bounded up the walls he caught glimpse of the Lord, for a second his heart eased, but the look on the Lord's face scared and worried him. The stoic mask that was ever present was gone, but replaced with one of horror and anger. He looked to see the youkai breach the wall after pounding it relentlessly. They were chanting something when they reached them. "Jewel shard". When they got to the action they heard a scream that sounded female. Then it clicked, making his own heart race. It was the lady of the western lands they were after.