InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Protocol ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~*~
 
PROTOCOL
 
CHAPTER ONE
 
 
The overcast sky, blotting out the light of the stars and moon, perfectly suited Sesshoumaru's mood as he stared down at the human dwelling. Each moan from within the modest human abode heightened his ire toward Inuyasha. The slapping of flesh against flesh, though making his member hard as a rock, merely served to remind him of the slap to the face his brother had dealt him. This particular blow was something he couldn't fight. It was a matter of youkai blood and wouldn't be squelched no matter how hard he fought. Oh, and he did fight it, but every time Inuyasha mated, he was inexorably drawn to his brother's location. His youkai screamed for him to make the boy submit, to take the mate that was now rightfully his, not that he wanted her in the least. However, he knew the fruitless nature of that pursuit. He'd tried for decades to force Inuyasha to submit. The boy's humanity made him as stubborn as a boulder.
 
And now, Inuyasha had committed the ultimate insult to his alpha and to all youkai blood; he'd taken a mate without permission. Not only that, he'd taken a mate before his elder.
 
`He had no right!' Sesshoumaru fumed.
 
Now he was trapped by his blood, trapped to a mate he hadn't chosen, trapped by his brother, and there was no getting out of it.
 
Finally, a muffled howl came from inside the hut and he knew that his current trial had ended. Sesshoumaru sighed and turned his face up into the slight drizzle, relishing the cool offering. His suffering wasn't over, but hopefully, he'd have a reprieve. Rather than use his youki to form his floating cloud and give away his presence, he leapt to the ground and silently walked away from the area. There was always one thought that gave him a bit of satisfaction. Inuyasha would pay for dishonoring his youkai blood. The boy's youkai side would make damn sure of that. A smirk lit the corners of Sesshoumaru's lips.
 
`Maybe you will submit to me after all, little brother.'
 
Inside the little hut, Kagome sighed and snuggled into Inuyasha's arms. “He was here again, wasn't he?”
 
A low growl echoed through the small room. “After me and Miroku hunt down that demon, I'm going to find Sesshoumaru and beat him to a pulp.”
 
“There has to be a reason, Inuyasha. Maybe we should ask someone about it?”
 
“Yeah, right! Let the whole village know that I have a peeping pervert for a half-brother!” The one thing he would never do was tell Kagome that he'd smelled his brother's arousal on more than one occasion when he'd inspected the surrounding area just to make sure the bastard was gone.
 
“I'm serious, Inuyasha. Something is wrong. Sesshoumaru is too proud to do something like this. I'm really worried about him.”
 
“What!? Why would you worry about that bastard!” Though, he did have to admit that Kagome had a big heart, sometimes he really couldn't understand her.
 
“He's your brother!”
 
“Half-brother,” he reminded her only to be met by her rolling her eyes at him.
 
“And, he's the closest thing that Rin has to a father. We should find out what's wrong and help him!” Kagome pleaded. She couldn't imagine what was happening to the daiyoukai, but she could feel that he needed their help. It was simple intuition.
 
“Help him!? I'm not gonna help that bastard! What are you thinking!? Have you forgotten how many times he tried to kill us!?”
 
Kagome could only shake her head. “Well? Do you want him to keep hanging around? Besides, he stopped trying to kill us. He even saved me a couple of times and he helped save you too!”
 
“He won't be hanging around after I shove Tetsusaiga up his...”
 
“Don't you dare finish that statement! You're going to clean up that mouth of yours before we have children! And you should learn to appreciate what he did for us,” Kagome huffed.
 
At the thought of having children with Kagome, Inuyasha's ire instantly deflated, Sesshoumaru disappeared from his mind, and a soft smile lit his face. It was curious that Kagome hadn't yet conceived. As far as he was concerned, the process of getting her pregnant was pleasant enough that he didn't mind the wait. But, he did want children. Most definitely.
 
“Wanna try again?” he asked with a wry smirk.
 
Kagome laughed at his enthusiasm. “No, you've quite worn me out for the night. I need some energy for tomorrow's chores and you need to get up early to leave with Miroku.”
 
That wasn't something he was looking forward to. He hated being separated from Kagome for even one night. She had a gift for making him feel like a normal person, but when he was back out on the road, he could clearly hear the insults thrown his way. 'Filthy hanyou' was their favorite. Well, as long as he had Kagome, nothing they said could get him down.
 
“Alright,” he replied softly. “Let's forget about everything and go to sleep.”
 
Kagome returned his smile. Though he only showed his gruff exterior to most, she was privileged to see the softer side when they were alone. He truly was a caring soul. Well, unless it had to do with his brother. Her thoughts shifted to Sesshoumaru. From day one, he'd been a silent sentinel to her and Inuyasha's mating. In the beginning, it had made her nervous, but she had gradually become accustomed to it. Somehow, he had managed to hide his scent from Inuyasha, but she could always feel his youki, even though he was holding it back. Inuyasha was less sensitive. It was only when Sesshoumaru allowed his youki to `leak' that her mate and husband knew they had an interloper. The first time he'd noticed, she had thought that Inuyasha would have gone on a rampage, but she had been quite shocked when he chose to stay with her rather than chase his brother. It had made her feel so special. After that first incident, she had noticed that Sesshoumaru had been more careful. Still, Inuyasha sometimes detected his presence, but he never left her. It was almost as though he was rebelling against his brother, taunting him even because he never stopped their lovemaking.
 
`There has to be someone who can help me find out what's going on with Sesshoumaru. I know he's not really in trouble, but there has to be a reason he's doing this and it must be important. I mean, he can barely tolerate humans. He's improved, but...hanging around every time Inuyasha and I have sex? Something is definitely going on. Maybe Kaede has noticed his presence. She might know what's going on...he saved me from being raped by Mukotsu and his excuse was so ridiculous. How could he get information from a dead man, er, undead dead man? He must've thought I was really stupid. Then, he told me how to save Inuyasha. He hasn't attacked us since Naraku was defeated and it has been months.'
 
Kagome mentally shook her head. `Something's going on and I'm going to find out what it is.'
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Thank you for readingand reviewing. It is a great encouragement.
 
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer
 
Inuyasha and all associated characters are owned by Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I make no profit from this story, nor do I intend to. My only goal is to occupy my demented mind with delusions of actually owning a life-sized, anatomically correct Sesshoumaru.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~