InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Protocol ❯ Youkai Birds & Bees ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~*~
 
 
 
CHAPTER THREE
 
YOUKAI BIRDS &BEES
 
 
 
He should be leaving, walking away from the little human village, but as it was, he was milling about on the outskirts. Not only that, his visits to Rin had become more frequent and he often found himself sniffing around for the priestess. Just like today.
 
`Unacceptable,' he silently chided himself.
 
It hadn't gone without his notice that the priestess had been disappearing more frequently and his suffering had decreased proportionally. However, he noted that, without fail, for a period of a few days, at the same time each month, his suffering knew no bounds. During those times, the two rutted like rabbits in the fashion of the yearly, ritual mating dance. To add to his torment, the slightest whiff of the priestess's scent made his member instantly hard as a rock. By the gods, his control could only stand so much. Nevertheless, he was bound and determined to abstain until his brother came begging for help. The thought of Inuyasha kneeling before him always soothed his pain and impatience. The brat would know his place soon enough.
 
Unfortunately for the bound aristocrat, the gentle breeze wafted a tantalizing scent up his nose. The priestess was back and she smelled beyond the normal boundaries of fertile. `What has she done to herself to become so...potent?' he wondered as he became uncomfortably hard. His nose had him following the scent to the old well that sat in Inuyasha's forest. Tightly wrapping his youki around himself, he waited high in the trees until she made her appearance at the top of the well. As always, she carried that cumbersome, yellow monstrosity. His body screamed at him to rip the thing away, throw her to her hands and knees, and to rut her into the ground until she could no longer walk. `I will not be ruled by base instincts,' he chanted inside his head while his eyes flashed between red and gold.
 
As he had been doing for the past few weeks, he followed her where ever possible and observed her activities, especially when it required bending at the waist. One good thing that she had going for her was a nice backside. He was beginning to wonder just how many things he was finding tantalizing. His baser side had noted the large breasts. Too bad they no longer bounced as they had before she wore the bindings of the time period. No matter that his intellect reminded him that size didn't matter when producing milk for young, he still found himself quite pleased and fascinated. He also found himself admitting that the priestess wasn't completely repulsive. `Odd,' he concluded when he had managed to examine the attraction.
 
She did have other redeeming qualities. Though slamming his brother's face into the ground was quite entertaining, the fire in her eyes made him just as hard as her scent normally would. He found her care of sick humans admirable, though it was still a bit disgusting to see her doing it for someone other than himself. Taking care of his ward was another matter altogether. That was where he found her best qualities. She really did care for his ward and she took great pains to give Rin a good life.
 
His musings were brought to an end when the young woman entered Kaede's hut. Sesshoumaru took up a position as close as possible and listened in on a conversation, an action that he would soon come to regret.
 
“I don't know what's wrong, Kaede,” Kagome complained. “I've been taking the fertility drugs for months and nothing is happening. Myoga has disappeared, so I can't ask him about it and I'm worried that asking Inuyasha to go see Totosai would just make him angry.”
 
“Tis quite a conundrum, Kagome. I'm not sure what to tell ye,” the old woman replied.
 
Outside of the hut, Sesshoumaru was smirking. That is, until a certain wolf blew into the village and entered the same hut without permission.
 
“Hey, Kagome! How's my woman!” Kouga exclaimed and grabbed her up to twirl her around. Suddenly, he stopped and took a deep sniff. “I see the mutt has finally made an honest woman out of you, but you're still my woman,” Kouga assured her. “Any time you choose to get rid of the cur, let me know.”
 
Kagome did as usual and gave her overly amorous friend an indulgent smile. “You'll be the first to know,” she informed him as he sat her back down. Then something occurred to her. Maybe Kouga could give her some insight. Normally, she would have been too embarrassed, especially on Inuyasha's behalf, but she was desperate, and Kouga had the nose of a mature full-blood.
 
“Um, Kouga?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, Kagome?” he replied and plopped down next to her, as always, giving her his undivided attention.
 
“Uh, do you know why I might not be getting pregnant? I mean, can you smell anything wrong with me?”
 
At that, Kouga burst out into uproarious laughter and Kagome's face turned red as a tomato. Not only was she shamed, but anger at her friend was setting in. `He doesn't have to be such a jerk about it!'
 
Kouga was still rolling on the floor, still laughing his ass off two minutes later.
 
“Seriously, Kouga, shut up!” Kagome yelled.
 
Kouga wheezed a few times and managed to sit up. Tears stained his face when he gave Kagome an intense stare. “Kagome, my love, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It's all the mutt's fault.” He swallowed and waited for Kagome to retort.
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed on Kouga. If there was one thing she didn't tolerate, it was insults heaped upon her husband. “What do you mean?”
 
“The...uh...Inuyasha has an older brother, right?”
 
“Yeah, Sesshoumaru. What's that got to do with anything?”
 
“Give me a minute. Is he mated?” Kouga asked, quite certain that Sesshoumaru wasn't.
 
“I don't know,” Kagome answered honestly.
 
“Okay then. Let's assume he isn't. Did Inuyasha ask permission from him to mate you?” Kouga asked, becoming even more serious, his brow furrowing.
 
“Um, I don't think so, but I don't know for sure,” Kagome answered softly. “I still don't see what it has to do with anything.”
 
“That dumb mutt never listens to his youkai,” Kouga huffed. “His youkai side will not allow him to impregnate you without the permission of the alpha of his pack. Where is that punk? I'll pound him!”
 
“But,” and here Kagome blushed. “...we've done it on his human nights, too.”
 
“Don't matter. He still has youki.” Something hit Kouga like a ton of bricks. “Kagome?”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Has his brother been hanging around much?”
 
At this, Kagome's face reddened even further and she nodded her head.
 
“Ah, hell. He didn't get permission. Do you have any idea what this means!?”
 
Kagome could only shake her head, her eyes wide as Kouga's features turned dark.
 
“You should come away with me, Kagome. Without a mate, Sesshoumaru has been bound to you. He may have held out until now, but I can guarantee you that his blood is screaming to take you as his mate. Come on, Kagome. Come with me and I'll protect you,” Kouga practically begged in a determined tone as he stood and offered Kagome his hand. Outside the hut, something growled just loud enough for a youkai's sensitive ears. Kouga cringed, but he would do anything for Kagome.
 
Kagome was in complete and utter shock as she stared up at Kouga with wide eyes. `It would explain Sesshoumaru hanging around when Inuyasha and I...but this just can't be happening.'
 
Kaede's voice broke her trance. “I doubt ye would be able to protect anything from Inuyasha's brother, Kouga,” Kaede huffed. “Do not listen to him child,” she ordered, turning her one-eyed gaze onto Kagome.
 
“But, I don't understand. How could youki prevent pregnancy?”
 
“Until a beta submits to his alpha, he is considered a child. If he becomes old enough to be an adult and does not submit, he's renegade. Until he asks permission to mate, his youki will not allow his seed to...mature. It's a blood thing, but that's wolf and dog canines, pack youkai,” Kouga said with a resigned sigh and reseated himself. “If Inuyasha has not submitted to his older brother, he's renegade and will be treated as such. Mating you is only good in that Sessmo can't kill you. If he's not mated, you're just as much his mate now as the mutt's.”
 
“It's `Sesshoumaru' and, are you sure it's true for dog youkai?” Kagome asked, her eyes pleading for Kouga to say `no'. It wasn't that she didn't like Sesshoumaru, but he was so intimidating. Then there was the whole issue of having two mates. Heaped on top of that was the fact that Inuyasha would rather kill his brother than share. Truthfully, Kagome wasn't sure that she wanted to be shared. The thought was quite surreal.
 
“I'm positive, Kagome. You know, if you come with me, I'll make sure that no one else bothers you?” Another subsonic growl rattled Kouga's bones, but he was a stubborn one.
 
Kagome shook her head. There were so many things to take into consideration. She was so confused, but there was one thing she did know. “I could never leave Inuyasha. What am I going to do, Kaede?”
 
Kaede eyed Kouga with distrust. “I suggest ye get a second opinion.”
 
Kagome dropped her head into her hands. “Inuyasha might take it as a slight to his manhood,” she groaned.
 
“Pfft, what manhood? The mutt's sterile until he submits to his brother. Even then, his brother must approve...and mate you as well,” Kouga snorted. “Is that what you really want, Kagome?” He was sure that Kagome would refuse that idea and take him up on his offer.
 
A horrifying thought occurred to Kagome. “Do you think Inuyasha has known this all along?”
 
“I highly doubt he would do such a thing to ye, child,” Kaede replied and laid a comforting hand on Kagome's shoulder.
 
“The mutt might be a renegade, but he has some honor,” Kouga acceded. “I doubt he knows.”
 
“Knows what?” came a growl as the door covering was thrown aside and said hanyou stomped in. “What're you doin' here, fleabag?”
 
Kouga smirked at his long time rival. Though the two were connected by camaraderie, he never could resist aggravating the hanyou. “Oh, just why you're sterile,” he said with a smirk.
 
Inuyasha's face flushed red, but he managed a retort. “Who says it's me?”
 
“I think you'd better si...have a seat,” Kagome said, correcting herself so that she wouldn't send her husband crashing into the floor.
 
“What do you think you're doing, talking to the fleabag about our personal business, Kagome,” Inuyasha growled as he sat between his wife and the wolf, staking his claim.
 
Tears welled up in her eyes. “S...Sango has already given Miroku four children! And...and I haven't given you any. I have to fix it somehow!” At this point, she began to sob. She would do anything for her husband and no matter what it took, she would give him children.
 
The scent of the woman's tears and her words brought back a rush of memories that Sesshoumaru had for centuries kept under lock and key. For the sake of his sanity, he had hidden that portion of his life from his own mind and now it poured into his unsuspecting brain, assaulting the soul that he had convinced himself no longer existed. As his vision bled red, he knew that he had to get as far away from the woman as possible.
 
Inside hut, the sound of cracking wood and snarling could be heard. Before anyone could respond, incomparably powerful youki washed over them like a tidal wave and they were blown to the opposite side of the hut to land in a heap at the wall. “What the fuck,” Inuyasha groaned as he dragged himself to his feet and stumbled out the door, followed by the other occupants.
 
“It's Sesshoumaru,” Kagome whispered as the ground shook and mournful howls nearly split her ears. It was such a sad sound that it brought tears to her eyes.
 
“Keh, whatever's wrong with him, I'm sure he deserves it.”
 
As far as Kagome was concerned, no one deserved that amount of pain. Even with the ground still shaking, she turned to her husband. “Inuyasha.”
 
There was no mistaking that threatening tone of voice. Inuyasha's ears lay back against his lowered head and Kouga smirked. They both knew what was coming.
 
“Sit! How could you say such a thing?! Sit! After all the pain you've been through, you would wish it on someone else?! Sit! How could you?!” she ranted. “He saved my life! He has saved your life! He didn't take revenge on Sango when he had the right. He didn't kill Kohaku when it was his every right! He's allowing me take care of Rin, the only child I have right now with Shippou off at kitsune school.” Inuyasha was just managing to drag himself from the crater when she continued. “Sit! You are sleeping outside tonight. I can't believe you could be so heartless! Sit!”
 
By the time she had finished and stomped off, Kouga was cringing and feeling sorry for the mutt. Inuyasha was left buried quite deep into the earth and there was no sign of movement. “Hey, mutt,” Kouga called, just to see if Inuyasha was still alive. A distant groan let him know the mutt was still alive, and fortunately, incapacitated. This would work out well for re-educating the hanyou. After all, he did owe the mutt. The fact that Inuyasha had trusted Kouga enough to show his human form to the enemy in order to rescue Kouga was something that couldn't be repaid. That kind of loyalty was priceless and couldn't be bought. He owed Inuyasha for that, if not for saving him from being devoured by Naraku on Mount Hakurei. The least he could do was help with Inuyasha's current dilemma. “If you wanna give Kagome those kids, I think you'd better listen to me.”
 
And so began Inuyasha's first true lesson concerning youkai birds and bees.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Thank you for reading, rating, and reviewing. It is a great encouragement.
 
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer
 
Inuyasha and all associated characters are owned by Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I make no profit from this story, nor do I intend to. My only goal is to occupy my demented mind with delusions of actually owning a life-sized, anatomically correct Sesshoumaru.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~