InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sister Jewels. ❯ Chapter 3-Jewel Of Four Souls. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sister Jewels.

A/N: I do NOT own Inuyasha or any Inuyasha related Characters. But any original characters that I may or may not add into this story DO belong to me.

So sorry for the late update. My grandfather had a heart attack so I was side tracked. Sorry. But, still it's in! So on with the story!!!

Chapter # 3
The Jewel Of Four Souls.

It had been about a day and a had since the water elemental named Sango had been released from her jewel. Apparently --in this case-- blue had stood for water. But her ‘sisters’ could in any one of the three jewels left.

After sending Miroku out with Sango to get her some ‘modern’ clothes; Inuyasha, Kouga, and Sesshomaru gathered in the living room of their extremely large condo. And they started contemplating how to release the other three elementals. When they --sadly-- could not find any possibilities they decided they would ask Sango at some point if she knew.

Upon Miroku and Sango’s return they began discussing Sango’s powers and then the subject turned to the jewel of four souls.

“What exactly is the jewel of four souls?” Kouga asked.

“It is a sacred jewel of sorts. It contains the souls of my and my sisters before we were reborn into elementals. The souls are:
Strength-Me.
Love-My sister Rin.
Hope-My sister Ayame.
Tragedy- My sister Kagome.”

Inuyasha’s eyes --and Kouga’s, Miroku’s and Sesshomaru’s-- eyes went wide at the name. hadn’t they been learning that Kagome had been a powerful miko in history class?

“Kagome?” Sesshomaru repeated. “The miko?”

“You know of her?” Sango asked.

“Vaguely. She was supposedly a powerful miko. A very powerful miko. The strongest to ever walk the earth.”

“Then you have heard of her.” Sango whispered. “Indeed she was . . .I knew her before we were elementals. We all knew each other which is probably why we get along so well. But our souls are what we had the most of in our lives before. I was a demon slayer before, so naturally I had to be strong. Rin loved everything and everyone to the point that she would do anything or anyone with no hesitation. Ayame had hoped that she would one day find someone who would lover her for something other then her looks, she lived on this hope most of the time. And Kagome-” Sango’s voice broke a little as she choked back a sob. “I’m sorry. But as I said I knew Kagome, and what had happened to her. She’s tragedy for a reason.”

“It’s okay Sango. You don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to.” Miroku cut in, rubbing comforting circles on her back.

“No, I think it’s important.” she paused to wipe away a stray tear. “She lost everything. Her family, her land, most of her friends. She even lost the love of her life.”

Inuyasha’s eyes widened slightly . . .but not enough for anyone to notice.

“Everywhere she went bad things happened. People died, villages were destroyed, children orphaned. All because she had a gift.”

“A gift? Inuyasha asked and Sango’s sad eyes locked on his.

“You have it too.” she laughed dryly. Shaking her head at his taken back expression. “She could . . .see things.”

“What things?”

“Things from the future. Glimpses of the past. Things happening in the present. Humans, demons and hanyous alike hated her for it. It wasn’t just the ‘seeing’ that bothered them. Nothing was a secret from Kagome. Nothing. Anyone who was looking her dead in the eye all said that they felt as if she was digging around in the soul, in their heart. And in a way she was, but she couldn’t help it. She saw things she didn’t want to, because she couldn’t control it. That’s why bad things happened. Because demons, humans and hanyous all tried to ‘dispose’ of her so their secrets would stay secrets.” she laughed humourlessly. “Everyone always said it was her eyes. Her once soft, warm, caring, innocent, brown eyes. Many tried to take those same eyes from her, in an attempt to stop her from seeing everything. It wouldn’t have worked anyway.”

Inuyasha’s mouth almost dropped open as Sango told him this. He had thought that what he had seen in dreams of what would happen at school that did happen had been coincidences. When he had been off ‘day-dreaming’ during class or at home was him actually day dreaming. He had always wondered why what ever he had ‘seen’ had always happened. Or why he was seeing people he had never seen wearing clothes from 500 years ago that he had never seen going about their everyday lives. He actually thought he was going insane. And now he had proof that he wasn’t.

“Why?” Miroku asked.

“Even with her eyes closed she could see the future, the past, the present. If her eyes were closed and she was in direct contact with someone she could still be able to see their secrets. It wouldn’t have mattered if she had her eyes or not.” she sobbed again. “She would always help anyone who needed it. And yet people still feared her. Apparently still to this day as . . .Sesshomaru is it?” at Sesshomaru’s nod Sango continued. “Pointed out, she is the most powerful miko to walk the earth.?”

Inuyasha --as well as the others but Inuyasha more so-- was listening intently.

“Most people --after going though what she went through-- would only care about themselves. Never doing anything for anyone but themselves. But Kagome was the opposite. She never did anything for herself. It was always everyone else she put first. That was how she died.”

“What?” Inuyasha asked startled. “People killed her because she was helpful?” he could see it, see in perfectly startlingly clarity; a young girl being executed by angry and scared villagers. All because she was trying to help.

Sango chuckled darkly.

“No. She saved two little children from a burning hut. Someone told her that there was someone else in there, --we found out later that their had not been anyone else in the hut but the two children-- so naturally she went back in. And no one went in to save her. She was burned alive, because no one scared. I can still remember her screams. The villagers held me and Rin back, and we were forced to hear her agonized screams. I was forced to watch the closet thing I had to a family die a horrible death. B-Because no one c-cared.” Sango suddenly curst into unconscionably tears.

After she calmed down --and reassured Miroku that she was fine-- she continued.

“After that I went on for about a week with Ayame and Rin before I drowned myself. Rin followed shortly after by chocking herself. Ayame after her by asking the villagers to bury her alive. They all to happily obliged. We were each then reborn how we died. Ayame in earth. Rin in air. Me in water and Kagome in fire. Our should put inside the jewel, giving it the most power it had ever had.”

Deciding that it was probably best to get off the topic that was obviously causing the water user so much pain; Sesshomaru asked another question.

“Is it true that the first and last elemental to be released are the strongest?” he asked.

“Yes, but the last to be released is the strongest of all of us. That’s usually Kagome . . .but occasionally it can be Ayame or Rin. Depending on how long Kagome’s power had to recharge.”

“Recharge?” Kouga asked confusedly.

“Yes. Kagome uses power collected over the time span of 500 years. She has to sleep after she is put back into the jewel and had to recharge. She is the one who always protects the location of the final piece of the jewel. We each have our own. We only know the location of on piece each. The soul born of fire is always the hardest to break. Naraku’s tried and failed countless times.”

“Naraku!?” all four yelled. Sesshomaru more like saying it, not yelling.

“Yes. He’s tried so many times to get the jewel. Rin, Ayame and I always break under his torture. But Kagome doesn’t. She accepts it with open arms, Sometimes it looks like she enjoys it.”

“She . . .enjoys it?” asked a stunned Miroku.

‘Kinda kinky if you ask me . . .’ Inuyasha thought absently.

“I doubt it thought. She just doesn’t want Naraku to know that he’s getting to her. She is the strongest out of all of us in more ways then one. Even if she isn’t the last to be released.”

“So all of you think highly of this Kagome.” Kouga asked more to himself then to her. Sango still heard and answer it.

“Well yeah.” she answered with a ‘duh’ undertone to her voice.

“I’m assuming Kagome’s power is fire then.” Sesshomaru stated . . . Even though Sango had mentioned this many times.

“I think I already said that but yes her power is indeed fi-” she stopped and yawned. “I’m sorry, but yes her power is fire.” she turned to Miroku. “You wouldn’t mind if I headed to bed would you?”

“Sure, go ahead.” Inuyasha replied absentmindedly.

“Miroku?” she asked. “Can I?”

“Why are you asking me?” he answered confusedly. “Inuyasha already said you could . . .this is kinda his house.”

“You released me. You’re my master. Therefore I need permission before I do anything. That’s how it works.”

“Why is that?” he asked as Sango stood.

“If we don’t then we and our masters die. That’s how the last elementals vanished.” She stopped at the door to Miroku’s room. “You need to come with me.”

“W-What?” Miroku stuttered

“Elementals need contact with their masters when out of their jewel is they wish to recharge their powers or live for that matter.”

“Alright!” Miroku was at her side in an instant. “No complaints here.”

“Pervert.” Sango muttered.

As the door to Miroku’s room closed they all went over Sango’s words again. Wondering which would be released next.

Inuyasha’s thoughts wandered to Kagome. Sango’s words about her echoing in his head. An image flashed though his mind then.

A girl looking 6 years old with long raven black hair and brown eyes bent over the broken body of a women. The women was holding a baby in her arms. Both were dead. Beside the women was a man, his body was equally battered and broken, and he looked as if he had been protecting the women and child by the way his body was angled. A bloodied sword flashed in front of his vision. And the girl screamed.

“Come here Kagome.” an obviously male voice purred. “Be a good girl and die with you’re family.”

“Get away from me!” the girl shrieked. He assumed she was Kagome.

“You insolent wench!” the man cried when Kagome dodged his multiple swings with what looked like practiced ease. “Die!” he lunged, pinning her down easily with one large arm, the sword raised and aimed for her head with the other.

“No!” Kagome screamed, new tears in her eyes. “GET AWAY FROM ME!” a blast of bright pink light momentarily blinded Inuyasha, but when he could see what was happening the man had been thrown across the medium sized hut . . .and straight into a sharp hook in the wall. The tip protruding from his forehead.

She crawled over to the broken bodies again, and started crying harder. “Mommy.” she whispered, shaking the women, it was obvious that she didn’t know the women was dead. “Come on mommy. Wake up.” when the women didn’t respond she screamed. “MOMMY!!!!!”

Inuyasha was suddenly jerked into the present time by an overly concerned Kouga, who had been shaking him.

“Good, you’re back with us.” he said.

“W-What happened?” Inuyasha whispered shaking his head and trying to dispel the image of Kagome’s dead parents and her screams from his mind.

“You blacked out there for a minute. You alright?”

“F-Fine. Just fine.” Inuyasha muttered, staring at his jewel. Having to see you’re family killed in front of your eyes when you were 6 was probably more then a littler horrifying. He could only hope and wish Kagome was his elemental so he could some how help her. If that was possible. And maybe he could erase all the bad things that had happened to her, and replace them with all the good things that he could show her.

Could she be his elemental?

He could only hope.

************************************************************ **********************************************
Alrighty! Here’s the update! Hope you like it.

The next update will be on:

Sunday October the 12th!

So don’t forget! Please review! Reviews make me happy! I like being happy!!!

~Hitsuagaya630 . . . OUT!!! XD!!!