InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Speechless ❯ prolog ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DISCLAMER: don’t own any of the Inuyasha characters :/


In the early morning sun light there could be seen a busy market with venders yelling out their latest sale on fish and produce, women showing other women the latest fashions that came from the larger towns and small children running around happily. On the outskirts of the village high up in the trees sat a teenage boy with shining silver hair and narrowed amber eyes. He eyed the busy market with interest; he needed to make his move soon before the crowd got to small. He stood slowly then before you could blink he was gone in a flash of red and silver. The boy had dashed into the crowded market and was so close to grabbing some fish when he was knocked off his feet by another boy.

The two rolled down a near by hill. When they finally came to a halt the silver haired boy sat up growling angrily at his attacker his two little dog ears flattening on top of his head. He was about to rip the other boy to shreds when he took in who it was. He knew those dark purple robes and black hair anywhere.

“What the hell Miroku?! I was so close to getting some breakfast.” He growled out picking up the offending boy by his robes.

“Inuyasha, how many times do I have to tell you? If you want some food just come to my hut.” Miroku said wriggling out of Inuyasha’s grip. Inuyasha snorted at him and crossed his arms.

“You need that food and besides its not like those stupid people need ALL that food.” Miroku just sighed at his friend shaking his head slightly.

“One of these days someone’s going to catch you and your going to be taken away to one of those underground gang lords” Miroku laughed out as he started to walk back up the hill they rolled down. Again Inuyasha snorted and followed after Miroku, if only they had known how right Miroku had been that day. Then they might have been prepared for the events to come.

Miroku was walking around the evening market keeping an eye out for his stubborn friend when he saw a crowd around one of the venders stalls.

“Somebody catch that stupid half breed!” someone yelled. When Miroku squeezed his way through the crowd he saw Inuyasha fighting four men with swords. He was about to jump in and save his friend when another man held onto him.

“Stay put monk apprentice, where that disgusting creature is going you do not want to follow.” Still Miroku fought against the mans hold but he was not strong enough to break free. He then watched in horror as Inuyasha was hit in the back of the head and fell to the ground.

“Send a message to the Lord. Tell him we found what he’s been looking for.” A man said to another picking Inuyasha up and flinging him over his shoulder. Inuyasha watched through blurred vision as Miroku broke free from the mans hold and came running at the man holding Inuyasha only to punched in the gut. From the ground Miroku looked up at Inuyasha. Miroku knew he wouldn’t be able to save his friend so he made him a promise.

“I’ll find you one day Inuyasha I swear it!” With that Inuyasha let the darkness take him. Inuyasha awoke to find himself blooded and laying in a cold dark cell. He stood up slowly holding his head that was throbbing painfully.
“Where the hell am I” he asked looking around. A guard who was twice Inuyasha’s size came to the cell door.

“Come with me.” He said glaring at him and dragging him by the arm. They stopped in front of a nice looking door.

“I brought him Lord.” The guard said to the door. The door opened and the guard pushed Inuyasha in. Inside was really nice looking, there was books on all walls two guards behind Inuyasha chairs to his left and right and a brown oak desk in front of him. He looked at the man behind the desk and couldn’t help the cold shiver that ran down his spine. This was not a man to piss off.

“So you are the half breed that was terrorizing my village.” The man said in a sly voice his red eyes gleaming nastily. Inuyasha glared at the man before him

“I didn’t do anything you bastard.” He spat annoyed. The man nodded to a guard and Inuyasha was punched in the gut and kicked until blood came from his mouth. The man nodded again and the guard stepped away from Inuyasha.

“You have quite the mouth don’t you” the man said amused.

“I am Lord Naraku and you will address me as Lord from now one. I am in need of a fighter and you will do just fine.” Naraku paused to see if Inuyasha would say something else but when Inuyasha went with jus the glaring Naraku smiled.

“Fast learner, good. Now you will become my prize fighter and perhaps one day earn your freedom. After each fight my pet here,” he raised his hand and a girl stepped forward into view. She had raven black hair and deep blue grey eyes. She looked at Inuyasha and said nothing as she bowed slightly to him.

“Will make sure you are not going to die and may heal you injuries if I see it fit.” He finished. Inuyasha moved his gaze back to Naraku knowing he had no way but to do as his new ‘Lord’ said.

“When do I start.” He said through clenched teeth. Naraku grinned wickedly at the hanyou before him.

“Tonight.” Naraku gave a slight nod to a guard and Inuyasha was once again dragged out to be prepared for his first fight. Before the doors closed he caught a glimpse of the strange Miko that would be his healer, the two made eye contact and Inuyasha gave an involuntary gasp. The girl dropped her eyes and the door was closed cutting off his view of her. There was something about that girl’s aura that drew him to her. He growled shaking off such a ridiculous thought. She was the Lords pet which meant she was loyal to him and that made her dangerous. He could not let his guard down around her, or anyone else around here. Inuyasha ripped his arm from the guards hold and walked with his head high; if he was going to be a slave he was going to do it with his pride in one piece.