InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Speechless ❯ Just another day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha stood outside a heavy metal door; he could hear the cheers and chants already. He waited patiently for the doors to open. He cracked his knuckles in anticipation. Fighting was all he had to look forward to these days, and if he was honest he rather enjoyed it. What better way to vent your anger than punching some other guy a couple hundred times? None that he could think of. Finally the doors open and he walked out ignoring the cheers and banters of the crowd, which always reminded him of the cheers of a bloodthirsty crowd in Rome. He smirked as he remembered his first fight, the way he had stared wide eyed at the crowd and then at the large demon he was suppose to face. He could vividly remember how he felt like he’d been hit by a rather large truck when all was said and done.

“Hey mutt! We ganna fight or what?” Inuyasha was brought back to reality as he looked at his latest opponent, he seemed to be a full bread lizard demon but Inuyasha didn’t really care who he was fighting just as long as he beat them to a pulp then he would get his food for the night. ‘Earning his keep’ or so the Lord told him.

“Keh, as you wish.” Inuyasha snorted lunging at the lizard demon before he could even blink. The lizard was a better fighter than Inuyasha gave him credit for. The demon was fast and managed to punch Inuyasha square in the jaw. Inuyasha jerked back and then spun down kicking him in the legs knocking the demon off balance but before he could land a solid blow the demon used his tail to propel himself sideways out of Inuyasha reach. He then came at Inuyasha with a bat that the crowd provided him and swung down hitting Inuyasha in the ribs there was a nasty cracking noise as a rib or two broke. Inuyasha then rolled away and jumped up catching the demon off guard and punching him in face breaking his nose he then grabbed the bat and started to wail on the demon. The demon used his tail to knock the bat out of Inuyasha’s hand and before Inuyasha could react he was run threw the gut by the demons hand. Inuyasha coughed up blood and went into a frenzy. He grabbed the demons arm twisting breaking it brutally he then threw the lizard demon down and began kicking him till he coughed up blood. When the lizard demon finally yielded Inuyasha staggered out of the arena and back to his cell.

Once back in his cell Inuyasha laid on his shitty bed that was covered in dried blood and dirt. He coughed up more blood and glared down at the whole in his stomach
“Guess the guy had a poison on his claws.” He grumbled to himself. The poison was going to keep the whole from closing and therefore cause Inuyasha to bleed to death. But of course the Lord wouldn’t allow that so he knew the Lord’s pet was going to show up at some point to heal that wound at least. The Lord only sent his pet if the injury was serious and sometimes not even then. Inuyasha was told that if he was left to suffer then he would learn to not get hit. Which was true in a sense, but it also taught him to become a deadlier fighter. If he was able to finish off his opponent in as few moves as possible it would lower the chances of him getting injured. But if he made it too quick he would get whipped for not letting the crowd enjoy the fight. Inuyasha’s ears twitched at the sound of his cell door opening, the were no longer any guards outside his cell door but they still locked him in, so when he heard soft footfalls in his cell he knew it was the Lord’s pet, Kagome. He sighed and sat up on his bed

“I guess your here to fix me up?” Inuyasha asked knowing he wasn’t going to get an answer, he didn’t know why but the girl never spoke, ever. The raven haired girl before him looked at him with big blue grey eyes as she spotted the whole in his gut

“Oh its not that bad-“ he coughed up blood and shrugged

“ok maybe it is that bad.” She knelt before and pressed on his chest telling him lay back. He did as she silently asked and laid back closing his eyes. It was days like today that made him think of his first fight

“That was nine years ago.” He mumbled to himself as he felt warmth spread threw his mid section. His very first fight had been against a giant troll he really thought he might die that night but he someone managed to defeat the troll but he felt like he had been hit by a truck…or two by the time he was allowed to go back to his cell. That was also the first night he had scene Kagome.

Flashback
Inuyasha laid on his bed bleeding everywhere and gripped his sides thinking that this is what it felt like to die a slow painful death. He moaned out as another wave of pain hit him full force. The next thing he knew he felt warm and well less like shit. He opened his eyes to see the girl from before
“You” he whispered out not quite having the strength to talk. She nodded looking at him now smiling slightly. He then took in the soft pink light that covered his mid section
“What the…” She put a hand to his mouth to silence him and she looked nervously to the cell door. The guards outside his cell had gone to get dinner and she only had a few moments, She looked back to Inuyasha her gaze meeting his and she smiled, it was soft but a sad one. The light faded and she took a step back from him. Inuyasha wasn’t sure what to make of this girl, he had thought she was loyal to that bastard Naraku but from her body language it would seem that she wasn’t supposed to be here.

“Why are you here?” he whispered to her feeling his strength coming back to him. She just shook her head her raven locks swaying slightly. Inuyasha huffed growing annoyed.

“why don’t you speak?” he knew he wasn’t going to get an answer but he still asked. The girl just watched him, she seemed to be fascinated with his ears but she made no move to touch them.

“Fine then what’s your name? Or how old are you?” She brought her blue gray gaze to his amber ones and raised her hands holding up the number twelve.

“Twelve? That’s a year younger than me. Ok so what’s your name?” he watched her as she opened her mouth then closed a soft sigh coming from her. She just shook her head again shrugging silently as if saying ‘I would tell you but well I don’t speak.’ Inuyasha snorted

“Fine then I’ll just call you Miko or Hey You whenever I see you.” She shrugged and grinned a little at him. He really didn’t know what to make of this girl but there was something about her that drew him to her but before he could ask why that was he heard the guards coming back and as soon as she had come she was gone. That was the first of many times he would see the mystery girl, he eventually learned that her name was Kagome and no one was allowed to call her by such besides the Lord.
End of flashback.

Kagome was finished healing Inuyasha and stood dusting off her knees. She looked at him making sure he wasn’t serious hurt anywhere else. He waved off her concern with a flick of his hand,

“I’m fine done worry.” She gave him an incredulous look but shrugged sitting on his bed leaning against the wall. Inuyasha was sitting up now and watched her with curiosity.

“Not wanting to go back?” he asked her, she shook her head and frowned holding her side in thought but sighed and dropped her hand.

“What’s up?” she looked at him now and narrowed her eyes as she tilted her head outside his cell. That was Kagome’s sign for the Lord, Naraku.

“That says it all.” He muttered looking away from her, she then got up flicking his ear as she walked by him.

“Hey! I’m injured here have some pity!” he grumbled holding his ear. She just smiled at him and left his cell. On her way back to Naraku’s office she kept and expressionless face and held her head high. She hated the way all the men here looked at her. It was like they hadn’t seen a woman before but then again the outfits Naraku made her wear wasn’t helping her any. Today he picked out a red silk Chinese dress that fit her every curve and had a slit going up her right leg exposing her leg all the way up to her mid thigh. She was thankful that she breasts were covered today, she couldn’t bring herself to leave his office when she had to wear those outfits, there was no way she would go anywhere near those men looking like that.

“Ahh my pet I see you have returned in one piece.” She shuddered at the voice that appeared behind her as she walked into Naraku’s office.

“I see you have been to see that half breed.” She nodded curtly keeping her eyes focused on the floor, she knew better than to look this man in the eyes. She could still feel the beating and worse yet his slimy hand on her arms or legs.
“There is a special fight coming up this week and I need him to be in top shape. Lord Sesshomaru is bringing out his best fighter so we shall do the same and then he will see that I am superior. I know he was only testing me tonight” Naraku sat behind his desk now drumming his fingers on the desk.

“I’m sure there is a catch to this fight thought, there always is.” He sat there in thought for a moment and Kagome glanced to her left spotting a woman staring daggers at her. Naraku followed Kagome’s gaze.

“oh yes, this is Kagura.” Kagura narrowed her res eyes at Kagome and Kagome had to resist the urge to laugh that woman thought Kagome was interested in Naraku sexually and that alone wanted to make Kagome laugh. Kagura could see that Kagome wanted to laugh at her so she stood up and approached Naraku to sit in his lap, Kagome tried to warn Kagura to stay away from him but Kagura ignore Kagome’s wide eyed looks. Before Kagura could sit on him he back handed her and stood over her.

“If I don’t call for you then you stay where you are!” he bellowed. Kagura held her throbbing cheek and looked to ground.

“Do you understand!?” he asked her getting ready to kick her

“Y-yes sir.” She stammered trying to scoot away from him. Kagome kept her eyes lowered and didn’t move. Naraku now walked over to Kagome.

“You understand the rules here don’t you my Pet” he said his voice sly as he put and arm on her shoulder. He felt her stiffen but she didn’t move away and she nodded.

“Good, now go and collect my money and you know what to do if he doesn’t pay up.” Kagome bowed and walked out of the room briskly. She hated collecting his money but she hated being near him when he was in one of his moods even more. Usually she could get them to pay without having to fry them with he miko powers, she only had to collect from the demons because if they didn’t she could just use her purification powers on them until they could. It was horrible to watch and she tried to avoid it but sometimes she would have to. She walked around the underground arena until she came to the other Lord’s chamber, the guards took one look at her and they knew who she was and why she was there.

“Right this way priestess.” One said and led her to a rather nice office filled with weapons and other things from the different eras.

“So he send a woman to do a mans job, how thoughtful.” Came a smooth but cold voice. She looked up into a pair of cold amber eyes. This man looked so much like Inuyasha it was uncanny.

“But I am rather glad he sent you, I have few questions for you priestess.” Kagome watched him silently taking his appearance as she did so. His amber eyes and silver hair was exactly like Inuyasha’s but the purple strips and crescent moon labeled him as a full demon. The man motioned for her to sit and she did.

“Tell me priestess, have you herd of the Shikon no tama?” Kagome nodded not sure where this conversation was going.

“I am currently looking for it and my research had brought me here. I head of Lord Naraku possession a miko with a rather unnatural aura…” he spat the work lord and then eyed her smiling slightly.

“I wanted to see if you had any idea where it might be.” She narrowed her eyes at him and began to stand when he raised his hand.

“Ah yes where are my manners. I am Lord Sesshomaru, and you must be the priestess that went missing nine years ago, Kagome I believe your name is.” Kagome nodded eyeing him now with slight curiosity.

“Now are you going to tell me where it is” it was more of a demand than a question but Kagome stood now placing a hand Lord Sesshomaru’s desk her eyes cold.

“I see, so you won’t tell me. What a pity that is.” He sighed pushing Naraku’s money at her.

“I would have preferred that that half breed step brother of mine lose but you win some you lose some. I now know where to find the jewel; it does make me wonder though. Why hasn’t Naraku used it yet? Unless…..that half breed can’t sense it…hmm interesting.” Kagome took the money and turned to leave,

“Until we meet again, Priestess.”

Kagome walked back mulling over Sesshomaru’s words. He knew about the jewel, well it made sense if you searched hard enough someone was bound to know that the jewel disappeared with Kagome. She would need to start thinking of how to either get rid of Sesshomaru or run again. Option A was not likely so running was really her only option. But what of Inuyasha? Without her here he would die from his injuries. ‘maybe I could find a way for him to come as well.’ she thought as she walked through the door to Naraku’s personal room. When she set the case holding the money down she felt Naraku’s arms snake around her waist.

“I see you met Lord Sesshomaru my Pet.” He purred in her ear causing to cringe involuntarily. Naraku threw her to the ground glaring

“Don’t you cringe you worthless human!” he yelled at her picking her up and slapping her. Kagome narrowed her eyes at the ground holding back tears that wanted to fall from the pain. She had hopped that Naraku’s mood would have passed while she was gone but it seems it only got worse.

“I will teach you not to cringe, oh yes I will…” Naraku said nastily dragging her to a damp wall and chaining her there, her hand above her head. Kagome knew better than to fight but she couldn’t help the fearful look she gave Naraku before he started to beat her.

Inuyasha awoke to the smell of blood in his cell. He sat up checking himself for injuries and when he found none he looked around the room and could see a figure in the corner of his cell. He got up and slowly made his was to the stranger only to see it was Kagome.

“Kagome? Good lord what happened to you!?” he asked picking her up and placing her on his bed so he could get a better look at her. Her clothes where tattered and bloodied her body was bruised and covered in cuts and dried blood. She looked up at Inuyasha and whimpered softly.

“what has that bastard done to you…” He growled out wanting to kill his ‘Lord’ he has never seen Kagome look like this before and now that he has he wanted to protect her even if it meant going straight into the lions den. Sensing this Kagome grabbed Inuyasha’s hand stopping him.

“Kagome how can I help you? You have to speak to me” he said to her. Weather he wanted to admit it or not this girl had grown on him and he would do anything to keep her safe. Kagome shook her head and shakily sat up,

“There has to be something.” Kagome placed her hand on his lips to quiet him. Some guards passed Inuyasha’s cell and she waited a few moments before standing and using the wall to support her. She gave him a look that said ‘be patient’ and she slipped out of his cell. Kagome was lying in a small room that belonged to an old woman named Kaede. Kaede tended to Kagome’s injuries without asking questions and left Kagome to her thoughts.
I shouldn’t have stopped in Inuyasha’s cell, now I’ve worried him.’ She sighed and held her side. As she laid in Kaede’s room she began to come up with a plan that if succeeded would get her and Inuyasha out of here. If not her than at least Inuyasha would be safe. She had come to care for him and she wanted him to be able to find his friend that he mentioned every so often.