InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Speechless ❯ Say what? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha was sprawled out his bed trying to figure out a way to get to Kagome but he never got very far considering he had no idea were he had been for the past 10 years. He was so young when they brought him the god forsaken place and to think that Kagome had been there longer than he was.

 

“Damn it!” he yelled punching one of the many pillows on his bed. ‘She should have been freed not me…’ He was still surprised she could actually speak. Her voice had been so soft and beautiful to his ears. Inuyasha hopped off his shaking the thought from his mind as well as the blush that was creeping across his cheeks.

“Inuyasha? Dinner’s here.” Miroku called from the other room. Inuyasha slowly made his way from his room to the living were Miroku was sitting with a bunch of Chinese take out boxes.

“What is this?” he asked sniffing the box closest to him.

“Have you never had Chinese food?” Inuyasha gave his friend an incredulous look and snorted,

“Like those people are going to give me anything that’s actually good to eat.” Miroku simply nodded and started opening different boxes,

“Well here we have sweet and sour pork with some white rice on the side and some veggies. Don’t make that face you need to eat the veggies.” Inuyasha practically gagged at the thought of broccoli and peppers but let his friend continue.

“Next we have some sushi which I already know you like so moving on.” After 10 minutes of food explanations Inuyasha settled for miso soup some sushi and white rice. He had never in his whole life ate anything so good. When he and Miroku where kids and they lived in that small village that wasn’t large enough to even be put on the map.

It wasn’t a bad place but the people there were pretty set in the traditional ways. They had old style Japanese houses and markets and if you weren’t human you weren’t liked.

“Hey Miroku what happened to you wanting to be a monk?” Inuyasha asked taking a small break from eating. Miroku just laughed,

“I am one. I just went into business since being a monk doesn’t fund very well.” Inuyasha stared at Miroku for a long time before speaking.

“You don’t look like one.” He just shrugged at Inuyasha, “Don’t always trust your eyes my friend.” Inuyasha could only snort in reply before the next question hit him.

“How did you find me?” Miroku paused with his chopsticks midway to his mouth and sighed.

“I had been searching for you for 3 years when I finally got a lead onto who took you. After finishing college and making quite a bit of cash I was able to bribe my ways into the underground fights you were involved in. Granted I never got to see you but I learned who the big players where and who the best fighters were however I still did not have anyone on the inside I could trust to find you.” He glanced over at Inuyasha who was poking at his sushi as Miroku spoke.

“By that time 8 years had gone by, some people began to trust me since I would show up quite often to watch and occasionally bet and would tell me the latest gossip and rumors floating around. Still no one was good enough to or strong enough to be my eyes on the inside then 3 months ago and woman found her way into that inn I would stay at after I took a trip to the fights.”

“At first she didn’t say much but I think she grew tired of writing to me all the time so she started to speak. I wont lie I was wary of her at first since not even the strongest men with the largest arm would dare oppose Naraku and yet here a woman would. I soon realized she was the Miko most of the men would drool over and that she was indeed a good person. So we made plans of escaping but as you see things did exactly go well.” Miroku finished his tale and returned to eating. Inuyasha was stunned by how much Kagome did for him even though she never said anything to him before last night.

“Do you have a plan to get her out?” he asked. Miroku sat eating for a moment and shook his head.

“Sadly no, its next to impossible to get in and you cant show your face there….” He then looked at Inuyasha a small smile creeping across his lips.

“Unless there’s already somebody on the inside.” Inuyasha was confused as to what Miroku meant but kept quit letting Miroku think.

“I believe I just came up with a plan.”

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Kagome stood silently in the corner of Naraku’s office as he beat a guard within an inch of his life, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON’T KNOW HOW HE GOT OUT!!?”

It had only been a few hours since Inuyasha got out and Naraku was beating every guard who was on duty until he found out what happened and where Inuyasha was. The guard was no longer able to reply to Naraku’s questions since he was dead so he ordered another guard to remove that one and he sulked behind his desk.

“I know that bastard Sesshomaru is involved in this, I can feel it.” He then glanced over at Kagura who stood in a different corner of his office. She walked over to him and he pulled her so she sat in his lap.

“I need another fighter.” He mused running his hands over her body causing her to shutter and practically purr.

“My lord may I speak?” Naraku eyed her for a moment then nodded.

“What is it.”

“You need a fighter and a good one yes?” Naraku frowned obviously annoyed by the obvious answer so Kagura quickly went on,

“What if you threw in a fighter that would strike fear into the hearts of every fight?” Naraku was tired of her pointless questions so he stood and threw her to the floor and towered over her.

“You better have a point woman or unpleasant things will happen to you.” he growled. Kagura cowered and pointed at Kagome,

“Use the Miko!” Naraku paused mid swing and looked over at Kagome who was doing her best to blend in with the wall.

“My Pet….yes….an interesting thought indeed.” Naraku cooed as he approached Kagome. She couldn’t help the fear that radiated off of her at the thought of being thrown into the fights,

“Yes, you will be my new fighter to replace that half-breed mutt until we find him.” he said as he played with her hair.

“Demons all fear being purified so they never put a priestess in to the fights, but things have become rather dull have they not?” Kagome gave the briefest of nods making Naraku smile,

“Indeed they have. Then it is settled you will fight my pet and should lose, a fate worse than death awaits you.” Kagome could only look down at the floorboards as Naraku’s guards led her to the training room so she could prepare herself before tonight’s fight. ‘Somebody save me’ she prayed to whoever would listen.