InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tenseiga ❯ Sesshomaru Searches ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

TO MY READERS:

I am working on several AU-ish fics. A beauty and the beast as well as a Cinderella one. I was hoping that someone out there could give me their opinion on just how cruel I should make Kagome's step-sisters. Should they have any redeeming qualities? Should they hate her for stealing away their chance at an easy luxurious life? Should Sesshomaru hate them for their cruelty? How far should Kagome go to defend them to her would-be white knight? There is a lot more here than the typical Cinderella story, including the Shikon no tama, Inuyasha as an unwilling prince and heir, and a dark force seeking to destroy all that is good and pure. Still the story focuses on Kagome and her "family" so I need a little help deciding just what that family should be like. The whole gang is there, even Rin, and Inuyasha is not a bad guy. Kikyou is missing, I just don't know how to include her in this. I am absolutely determined not to make her evil. So please, help.

Sesshomaru leaned on the table growling softly at Inuyasha and Miroku. The hanyou was enough to really make his blood boil, but the human had such a calm cool way of pushing his buttons he wanted to rip him apart. He took a deep breath and turned his attention back to the map and the hovering crystal.

"I have told you before, Inuyasha, had I not used Tenseiga she would be dead. I had no choice. I cannot tell you why Tenseiga sends her away, but I will bring her back."

Inuyasha began to growl softly. "You had better."

Miroku placed a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder. "Inuyasha be calm. Sesshomaru has already tracked her down twice. There is obviously some higher power at work here. You must be patient."

He slammed his fist on the table. "I've been patient."

Sesshomaru straitened to his full height. "Watch your words, or you will no longer be welcome here."

Sesshomaru turned to go and Inuyasha growled something under his breath to Miroku. "Well, what did you expect? This is his home, not yours. He is letting you stay here as a courtesy. Try not to wear out your welcome."

Sesshomaru allowed himself a small smile. Wise words, even if they did come from a human. He walked to the nursery before leaving. Yuka and Eri were both asleep he smiled down at the twins. There was something fundamentally different from other humans. It was something he had noticed about Rin. It was as if spending time with her had changed them. The three of them were almost divine. He shook his head and moved on. Rin ran over to him the moment he stepped out into the garden. He knelt and placed both hands on her shoulders.

"I must go again."

"Can I come too?"

"You cannot. There is great danger in this place. I will never let anything hurt you."

"I know that." She looked down and he could scent tears. "I won't be a burden."

"I have never thought of you as a burden, but where I go is dangerous and far away."

"Kagome-san is there?"

"Yes Kagome-san is there."

"Then I will be safe."

He smiled. "You think that, but I cannot be sure. You must stay here and take care of Jaken for me."

"Take care of Jaken?" She grinned and nodded. "Shippou-chan and I are good at that."

"I'm sure you are."

He patted her head gently and rose. It was time he was on his way. He was tired and already he was starving. He needed to get to her. This was intolerable. He had been fine before for several days, but now it seemed he needed her almost daily. This was all so wrong. He should not be dependant on a human. He closed his eyes and leapt skyward, casting the spell as easily as breathing. Soon he was sailing through the void toward her. It would not be long now.