InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tenseiga ❯ Questions ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sesshomaru did not need the map or crystal anymore. He could actually sense where she was. It was not difficult to carry Neil with him. They landed in a small grove near the convent. Even at this distance he could scent her. The sun had just begun to rise when the door was flung open and Kagome raced out. She threw herself to ground, breathing hard as she fell to her knees. A few minutes later one of the sisters emerged as well.

"Is something wrong, my Lady."

"I'm sorry, I just…it was a dream. I had to be outside."

She knelt beside Kagome. "It seems more like a nightmare."

"I suppose it was. I'm sorry to be so much trouble."

"As the Mother said, you are more than welcome here."

Sesshomaru nodded to Neil. He turned into his wolf form and slipped from the cover of the trees. Kagome looked up immediately. She leapt to her feet when she saw him.

"Neil?"

He charged her coming to a sliding halt at her feet. She threw her arms around him, laughing softly in joy. The nun was backpeddling, still on the ground as Kagome turned to face her.

"Do not be afraid. This is my companion, Neil."

"He…he is a familiar?"

She frowned at the term. "Familiar?"

"An animal companion to a wizard."

"I'm not a wizard, just an ordinary girl."

The Mother Superior stepped outside the gate. "Yes, an ordinary girl that slays demons and communes with the oddest creatures I have ever seen. You say this is your companion. I suppose he helps you in your mission."

"He does. Wolves are good creatures. They sometimes do horrible things when pushed, but then, so do humans. Wolves take care of their own, they guard what is precious to them, especially their young."

"I can see your point. He cannot come within these walls though."

"Of course not, he would not allow himself to be so confined, even at my request. He is, after all, a wolf."

"So I see."

Sesshomaru growled softly at the woman's dry tone. Kagome looked past Neil into the forest. "Is there a place to hunt here?"

"You may hunt, though you will find game scarce."

"I thank you."

"You are far from a prisoner here, Lady Kagome."

Kagome grinned and ran inside. She emerged a few minutes later with her bow and quiver over her shoulder. She took a running jump and landed astride Neil. He turned and bounded toward the woods as though her weight were nothing to him. She laughed softly as they came to a sliding stop at Sesshomaru's side. The Mother helped the sister rise.

"Keep a watch. I have a feeling she is more than a mere mortal."

Sesshomaru relayed the Mother's words. Kagome snorted softly. "I expected that."

She dismounted and Sesshomaru swept her into his arms. She smiled as she buried her nose in his chest. The real Sesshomaru smelled much better than his haori. She sighed softly and rested her head against him. He held her as tightly as he dared. Neil slipped away into the forest to give them a moment. Sesshomaru bent his head, his forehead touching hers. Kagome smiled into his eyes.

"I missed you." Tears slid down her face. "I'm sorry I'm so weak."

Gently he brushed her tears away. "You are far from weak. You are stronger than me."

"How can I be stronger than you?"

"I cannot control my baser desires. I need…I cannot help but need…" She reached down and began to open her shirt, he gripped her hands, stopping her. "Kagome, I want you to know that I desire you as more than a…than a food source."

"I know, I can see it in your eyes."

He pulled her down on the ground, and carefully finished opening her shirt. He kept his eyes on hers as his mouth dipped to take her nipple. He watched as her eyes glazed over with pleasure. She gasped softly and gripped his head, her back arching against his mouth. He fought a groan as the first few drops of her sweet milk hit his tongue. It was all he needed, just a few precious drops, but he still hungered for more. He hungered for her. His tongue dipped down to the well between her breasts. He drew a line up to the place where her neck joined her right shoulder. Here he nipped lightly, before drawing a line of kisses up to her lips.

She was less timid than before, but still he went slowly. He enjoyed savoring her taste. She arched her back, her bare breasts brushing against his chest. He wanted to feel all of her, to feel her warmth against his body. He could not and would not rush her into mating. He lifted himself off her and pulled her up with him. She looked at him confused.

"You must hunt as you said and return to them."

She pulled his haori out from where she had secured it under her shirt. "This is yours."

He took it and helped her rise. Silently he helped her close her shirt before leading her to where he had left his armor. He pulled out a small bundle and handed it to her.

"I brought this for you last time, but it did not seem appropriate."

She took the bundle from him. "What is it?"

"Open it."

She untied the bundle and gasped softly at the silver silk that flowed through her fingers. She looked up at him, shock clear in her eyes. "What…"

"It was my mother's. Now it is yours."

"Sesshomaru, I can't take this. It's too much."

"It belongs to the Lady of the Western Lands, and that will be you."

A blush stained her cheeks. "Are you sure, I mean, I am human."

He touched her chin forcing her to look up at him. "When we mate, if you choose, you will become youkai. It is not hard to do. My father was too proud to even offer this to Sakura. I ask you now, will you be my mate? Will you join with me, become a youkai, and rule the Western Lands for as long as the Gods see fit to grant us life?"

Her fingers caressed his face. "Yes, I will."

His lips covered hers gently. "Then you will finish this, and I shall bring you home as my bride, wife of my house, and mother to my children."

She smiled and let him draw her into his embrace. "I am honored."

"No, Kagome, it is I who is honored. I never in all my life hoped that I might marry for love. Never in all my life had I hoped that my mate would be someone who knew me in my rages, as well as my calms. You know me, and you call to me. I cannot resist, and I have given up trying."

"I love you, Sesshomaru."

"I love you too. Now you had best get going, or you will not return until after dark."

She nodded and stepped back. Neil emerged from the forest with a buck between his jaws. The animal had no wound on it, and Kagome looked at him, confused.

"I chased it off a ridge."

She secreted the kimono beneath her shirt and threw the buck over his back. They walked side by side out of the cover of the trees toward the convent. Less than a stone's throw from the gates, she saw that they were being pushed open for her. She had to fight a smile at the nervous looks that were cast towards Neil. She dropped the deer off at the kitchen then went to let Neil back out. The nun in charge of the kitchen scowled at her, and Kagome gave her a warm smile.

"I'll be back to take care of it, just let me put Neil out. He hates walls."

"You got that right. Bloody annoying things."

Kagome giggled softly. "Yes they are, now let's get you outside them."

"Did you just talk to that wolf?"

"Of course. How can he be my companion if I can't talk to him? It's not like he's a beast of burden. He's my friend."

She gave him a good scratch behind the ears before letting him back outside the gates. When she returned to the kitchen she skinned and butchered her kill. She helped the cook prepare the dinner. She sat with them for the meal before retreating to her room. Once inside she pulled the kimono from the bundle. Quickly she stripped and slipped into the kimono. The obi was white, with silver flowers embroidered on it. At the bottom of the bundle was a golden comb. She twisted her hair up and secured it. It was well after midnight and she did not doubt that everyone was asleep. She slipped out of her room and ran down the hall. She slipped out side the walls and walked toward the forest. Sesshomaru met her half-way to cover.

"You look beautiful."

"Tell me about Sakura."

He started slightly, then looked away. "Sakura was a human hime that my father took an interest in. My mother had born him a son and was content to raise me for a time. Centuries passed, and it became obvious that she wanted no other children. Sakura on the other hand, was willing to become pregnant if it meant she could be Lady of the Western Lands. She put my mother and I to sleep with a spell. She seduced my father and mated with him. When morning came, my mother was dead and Sakura was pregnant."

"How…"

"The mating bond is not one easily broken. My father did not know. Sakura came to him in the form of my mother. He could not turn her out because of the hanyou, but he was unwilling to bring her into his house as his wife. That is why he did not offer to make her a youkai. He would not further the shame of her deeds. Inuyasha could not be denied completely, that is why he left him the Tetsusaiga."

Kagome hung her head. "She was…that was when you started to truly hate humans."

"Yes."

She began to glow slightly with the combined power of her miko powers and the Shikon no tama. Gently she reached up and touched his face. She spoke as if her voice was coming through a great tunnel. She was suddenly very far away from him. Her fingers were warm against his skin.

"Let the pain go, Sesshomaru. Hate will not bring her back, anger will not honor her memory."

She turned and walked back toward the convent. Once inside she changed back into her normal clothes. She secreted her kimono and comb and went to bed. She awoke with the light of the sun in her eyes. A smile touched her lips as she rose and splashed water on her face. She needed a proper bath, but if her European history classes were right, that was not going to be possible. She stepped outside and smiled at the only other woman not wearing a nun's habit. This was Lady Claire. Kagome had met her the previous day. She was a kind girl who was trying to find a way out of her marriage. Her father had sold her to Lord Jean, and she had run here that very night.

"Good morning, Lady Kagome."

"And a good morning to you too, Lady Claire."

"I never did get a chance to thank you for sending Jean away."

"He is rather prideful and egotistical. It's fun for me to put people like that in their place."

Claire laughed softly. "It was fun to watch. Are you going hunting again? I like having fresh meat. All we get here is what they grow and what the Lord sees fit to send."

Kagome grinned. "Sure. I'll even see if I can't find something different."

She picked up her bow and quiver and walked toward the gates. Neil ran to her and she mounted him. He carried her to Sesshomaru. She threw herself off his back and into his arms. Neil vanished into the forest as Sesshomaru helped Kagome bare her breast. He bore her to ground as he fed. Kagome slipped her hands inside his haori, her fingers slipping over the intricacies of his chest. He gasped against her mouth, his forehead pressed against hers.

"If you will permit me, we can begin your transformation."

"What must I do?"

"You must drink of my blood."

Her eyes went wide. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't. Are you willing?"

"If you are sure you won't be hurt."

"I am."

She watched as his fangs nipped at his wrist. He bent and kissed her gently. She tasted his blood. A moment later his wrist replaced his lips. She lapped at the tiny wound. It closed quickly and he smiled down at her.

"You see, not so bad."

"I should get back."

"Yes you should." He helped her rise. "You need to hunt. Neil cannot do it all for you."

She laughed softly. "Nor would I let him."