InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Neighbor ❯ Obsession ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Obsession
 
 
“The Neighbor,” as InuYasha had taken to calling the bitch downstairs, was not the brightest crayon in the box. He had realized that from the very first day. Today, though… today she seemed determined to make him eat those words.
 
By putting on pounds of glittery make-up.
 
InuYasha thought he was going to blind himself just walking out to the mailbox. She stood by her giant SUV, talking loudly on a cell phone and actually spinning with delight; each spin, the glitter caught the sun and reflected it into the hanyou's eyes.
 
His ears flattened as The Neighbor squealed excitedly and began pacing up and down the driveway. Not wanting to be caught staring (not that he could look at her for more than a moment at a time, anyway!), InuYasha shoved his outgoing mail into the box and latched it securely.
 
His ears flicked as he caught the `hiss' of some sort of body spray; moments later, the scent drifting to him on the breeze forced him to wrinkle his nose. It stank! He sneezed, burying his face in his sleeve and looked up.
 
He snarled.
 
The bitch was putting on some glittery body spray… next to his car.
 
Was she stupid?! Or just blind? He'd had enough, that was for sure, and stomped toward her, still coughing on the disgusting fumes.
 
“What the fuck do you think you're doing?!” he demanded, baring his fangs in anger. She dropped the can in shock, eyes wide…
 
And then squealed. “Eeeee,” she shrieked, “You'd fit right in! Do you want to come see the Twilight movie with me?! With your hair and stuff… you're a little too tan, though,” she murmured, trailing off. Then her eyes lit up, “Oh, but I have foundation and we can fix that! It'll be fine!” She made to grab for his arm; he dodged, ears buried in his hair.
 
“What? Fuck, no!” Close to his car now, he could see the way the body spray had nearly caked onto the hood. He groaned. “Look what you did! How easy is that shit gonna be to get off?!” He hesitantly reached out with a claw but then thought better of it. All he needed was to scratch the paint himself…
 
“Who cares?” The Neighbor replied flippantly. “I'm like one of the vampires! Ohmahgosh, do you read those books?! They're so awesome and I want a boyfriend just like in those books but I don't think there are vampires so I was thinking maybe a bat hanyou or bat youkai because they're kind of like vampires, right?”
 
InuYasha cringed at the thought of this shrill creature being within fifty feet of a creature with such great hearing. The poor man would be deaf in a week.
 
“Are you sure you don't want to come?” The Neighbor wheedled again. InuYasha shook his head hard, as though he were trying to dislodge something unpleasant from his face. “All right,” she said with a pout. “Suit yourself. But you guys will at least have to come to my party!” she insisted. “I'll come hit you guys up when I get home!”
 
A car pulled into the driveway, stopping to let The Neighbor in. As they took off, InuYasha turned his attention to his poor… glittery… car.
 
 
----
 
 
Disclaimer: Not only do I not (sadly) own (or even rent) the InuYasha cast… I also do not (thankfully) own anything even distantly related to the “Twilight” series.
 
“The Neighbor” is a collection of nine pieces set in an Alternate Universe. The collection was written for the LiveJournal Community FirstTweak, for the “SFX” challenge.
 
“Obsession” was written for the “Paa” (or “sparkle”) prompt.
 
“Obsession”, coming in at 546 words, was posted on LiveJournal on August 4th, 2009.