InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Neighbor ❯ Flooding ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Flooding
 
 
Kagome squealed, running down the hallway ahead of InuYasha with a breathless giggle. Reaching their door, she fumbled for her keys in her purse… but was no match for the hanyou behind her. Dropping the bags of groceries at their feet, he pinned her against the door, giving her a quick kiss before beginning to tickle her sides.
 
“Wench,” he mock-growled under her laughter. “Maybe you'll think twice before smearing me with melted chocolate next time.”
 
Kagome sniggered, trying to lean away from him as he rubbed his cheek against hers, smudging her face with the chocolate. He took advantage of her tilted head, licking her lips lightly before dipping down for a deeper kiss.
 
“But now you taste good,” Kagome said with a shaky breath after she pulled back, resting her forehead against his.
 
“You always taste good,” he shot back with a bit of a leer. He chuckled and dragged his tongue along her cheek, stopping to tug lightly at her earlobe with his teeth.
 
Kagome squirmed. “Stop it!” She wiggled out from under him, grabbing the bags and finally pushing her way into the apartment. InuYasha caught her muttering, “Pig,” playfully under her breath.
 
“Dog, bitch,” he corrected. Once he was sure everything was in and the door was securely latched, he wandered to the bathroom in hopes of cleaning up the sugary mess Kagome had left on his face. He grabbed a cloth, smirking at the brown-smeared reflection. It seemed like everything was more fun when Kagome was around…
 
InuYasha's right ear flicked as something brushed the hairs on the tips in passing. He looked around for a bug but didn't see anything… shrugged, and began rinsing off his face.
 
His ear flicked again, this time catching a droplet of water as it dribbled down from… the ceiling?
 
InuYasha tilted his head back just in time to catch a drip to the eye. He cussed, rubbing it and eyeing an ever-growing stain.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yeah?” She walked up to the doorway, head tilted in that adorable way she had…
 
InuYasha motioned to the ceiling. “What that dripping earlier today?”
 
Kagome blinked, eyeing the marking warily. “No, I don't think so… I don't remember it, anyway.”
 
Grumbling and growling, InuYasha grabbed Kagome by the arm and dragged her outside and to the stairs. “It's something to do with that stupid bitch, I just know it…” They got upstairs and InuYasha began pounding on the door, only holding back when Kagome pointed out he was close to ripping the thing off its hinges.
 
`Keh, like I give a damn!'
 
After a few moments of knocking, Kagome noticed the few windows facing the same direction were dark. “I don't think anybody's home, InuYasha,” she muttered. He turned his ears to the inside… where he could hear running water, but nothing else.
 
“Feh. Let's go call that emergency number,” InuYasha snarled, “before whatever she's done ruins our ceiling for good. There's a faucet on in there,” he motioned to the door. “But you're right - there ain't nobody there.”
 
They were halfway back to the stairwell when The Neighbor ran into them - at full speed, nearly knocking Kagome down the flight of steps. Quick movements on InuYasha's part kept his fiancé from cracking her head open; he snarled at the bitch, cocking his head in the direction of her apartment.
 
“Think ya' left something on,” he muttered. “Our ceiling is leaking in the bathroom and we're right below you…”
 
“Oh!” The Neighbor cried, dropping her purse and running down to her door. InuYasha followed, Kagome stooping to grab the young woman's bag before joining the little party. She was thankful to be away when a small river began to flow out the water-tight door once it was opened; InuYasha cursed as the ice-cold water pooled around his feet.
 
The Neighbor wailed. “I'll lose my security deposit at this rate!” She flailed her arms in upset, “I can't believe I forgot to turn off the bath!”
 
Kagome put her hand on InuYasha's shoulder as he was about to tear into the girl himself. “I'll help you clean up if you have a mop and bucket,” she said. “Maybe we can paint over the worst of the damage in our apartment and we won't have to get you in trouble?”
 
The wench really was too nice for her own good, InuYasha mourned as he went to go completely study the harm to their own apartment. If they didn't crack down on The Neighbor, she was sure to go from bad… to worse…
 
 
----
 
 
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, I do not own nor rent InuYasha or the characters of… though I own an ever-expanding collection of merchandise! The “real” InuYasha belongs to the genius of Rumiko Takahashi.
 
“The Neighbor” is a collection of nine pieces set in an Alternate Universe. The collection was written for the LiveJournal Community FirstTweak, for the “SFX” challenge.
 
“Flooding” was written for the “Pisha” (or “Splish”) prompt.
 
“Flooding”, coming in at 758words, was posted on LiveJournal on August 6th, 2009.