InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Offering ❯ Plans ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Again, the unpleasant Meagan Consoer has yet to appear, but the moment a review from her does appear, be forewarned, no more writing on my part for another year, maybe.

I’m going to be a whore for my fics; If you like this fic, check out my other ones!

***** CHAPTER 5 *****


Sesshoumaru forced back a growl, it seemed there weren’t too many people in his own home he could trust. That however, wasn’t something totally unexpected. Those in his home allowed emotion to control them, this he would not do.

Accepting one thing.

He looked at Kagome from the corner of his eye. She was holding his child close to her chest as though afraid that someone would come to snatch him away. Reasonable, after what had just happened.

He’d have to stick by her a bit more. With the other nurses there were enough that should something go wrong three or four other women had the opportunity to get away and take his son to safety. He had miscalculated,(something he didn’t normally do.) and had foolishly assumed there was little danger for his son inside his own home, and especially with a body-guard.

Now though he’d have to observe his servants loyalties closer, see what emotions were controlling them now. He hadn’t even realized the mother of his babe was loved by another, much less one of his top men. A mistake, a foolish one, that he intended to settle quickly.

Summoning Akita with his mind he continued walking down the hall. Kagome was starting to smell better, suggesting that her fear was ebbing. He had to admit she had done the best anyone could’ve done in her situation. More than that really, without conscious thought she had slowed Kyoko with miko energies that others wouldn’t have. She had too, risked her life to save his son’s.

Something he would always be grateful for. Now though, he would leave her in his room while he met with his spy and personal assassin. In his room she would be the safest of all living things. Nothing could penetrate his room’s defenses.

Not even unwanted dreams.

He stopped in front of his door and slid the paper open, not bothering with custom. He was Lord here, that meant none would question him, and expect happiness to follow. “You will stay in here for the time being.” Sesshoumaru said, turning and allowing the human entrance into his quarters. “Do not leave until I return.”

Kagome glanced at him underneath her eyelashes. He didn’t seem angry with her at all, he didn’t seem anything. A monotonous wall, stronger than the English castles. Nothing seemed to rattle him. Some part of her was irked by this, but another was comforted, and glad for it, his strength made her emotional turmoil seem silly, forcing it to ease.

At a slight narrowing of his eyes, almost imperceptible, she went into the door quickly, wincing as the paper slid shut behind her with a loud thunk that suggested the paper to be stronger than what was normal.

Sighing she set down her young charge as she looked about the room. Then eyes widening she realized that this room wasn’t normal by half. There was a bed in the center of the room, a bed not a futon at all. Round, and extremely large, but not taking up half the room’s space. The room itself was something of a mystery as well. Pictures hung on the walls, in traditional Japanese fashion, but the scenes depicted were anything but.

Bloody battles were shown, with women lying dead, their faces turned toward the person who might choose to look at the thing. Dark, horrible scenes that shook her just looking at them, as though they were actual photos instead of just an artist’s depiction.

There was a great deal of furniture too, a wooden desk sat on the left side of the gigantic bed, a desk with drawers that looked to pull out easily. The floor was made of wood, yes, but there were a good many carpets strewn about the place.

How did Sesshoumaru come to acquire these western-style things? It was true that western culture had already begun to merge with Japan during this era, but most still stuck to tradition.

Sesshoumaru didn’t seem the type to put the western world into his home, much less into a room that must belong to a guest. There was no way that it’d be Sesshoumaru’s room, which would make sense for all the western things. That notion was ridiculous, however, why would Sesshoumaru put a human woman in his room?

She smiled at that thought. Hatred of humans was one thing she was sure on about the White Lord. He didn’t like them, and despised the idea of them mating, it was what had brought about his father’s downfall, and a sore spot for him, she was sure.

No matter how angry, or frustrated she ever got with him though, she was sure she’d never even consider bringing it up. She valued life, and a life without torture far too much.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sesshoumaru entered the room where he knew Akita would be waiting. She was a powerful youkai, a wolf-dog mix that had been shunned by both clans for a good portion of her life.

Until he had come across her.

The woman had a strong youki that stopped him in his tracks upon seeing her for the first time at a slave trade. It surprised him when he looked at her to realize she had to be only about 20 years old (appearing 9). He had purchased the child without hesitance and had then begun training her.

She had learned quickly and was the most loyal creature he had ever known. She would gladly lay her life at his feet if she thought it’d please him even momentarily. Such a silly thing, that level of loyalty, but it had served him well in the past.

“There are traitors in my home.” his voice was nearly stone, but a hint of anger was evident as he sat opposite the blue-haired green-eyed girl at the small table.

“I know,” Her voice was deadly calm, it was a light-sounding voice, that lured people into trusting her. None in his home knew of her strict loyalties, however, proving her to be the perfect spy.

He quirked an eyebrow at the woman, who was now in her 200’s (Appears 16). “Know do you? And just when did you plan on informing me?”

She smirked, undeterred by the unpleasant tone in his voice. “Because you’ve taken measures to insure that there are no weaknesses in this palace. I take it someone found one? Perhaps it was that Kyoko retch, he despises you, you know.”

Sesshoumaru forced his unease away. There was no doubt in his mind that Akita was the best of the best. She was, after all, his pupil. Knowing that, had he been her, and she him, and that he’d say the same thing, eased his temper slightly.

“Yes, but I now must know all that you can supply for me. And more, I want you to be on constant alert for anything that suggest someone would try to harm my son.” He hid the details a bit, knowing that Akita wouldn’t question him without reason.

She quirked an eye-brow, “Your son?” her voice suggested curiosity, but he knew that wasn’t all. She was thinking through something, her mind spinning, contemplating things he didn’t, simply because he was not detached as she was.

Then a light came into her eyes as they widened with an idea. The look she sent him was unnerving, as though she could see through him, and into him at the same time, see what he was doing and why. “The little miko woman you brought into your home. A gift from your brother right?”

His body stiffened slightly and Akita smiled a completely triumphant smile. So that was the weak link that had developed? It made sense, though it stung her slightly, she didn’t love Sesshoumaru, but had at one time. Now though, she just had this unbelievable sense of loyalty, and she would forever be grateful to Sesshoumaru for rescuing her.

“The girl, you want her don’t you? As your mate.”

Sesshoumaru’s body went impossibly stiff, as though he were about to spring undone. Something she had never truly seen him do. This was it then, was it? She didn’t doubt that he’d deny it, but there was no other explanation. Nothing had changed with the care of his son, but for one small human woman.

Had he not wanted this woman, been infatuated with her, he would never have allowed her complete guardianship over his son, not even for a small moment. That just had to be it.

However he surprised her, “Yes.” his voice was deadly cool, as though the words had been an attempt to attack her. “That is my intention with the woman. Have you felt her power?”

Akita nodded, she had been rather shocked at feeling the woman’s strong miko energies. Whoever she was she could easily kill almost every youkai alive, though her appearance suggested that she was inexperienced, and her power was dormant. With training the woman would be strong enough to kill all youkai, if she so chose.

“She is undoubtedly powerful, though what of her prowess with those powers? Can she control them at all? If someone was able to nearly kill her, then I doubt that highly.” Akita shook her head. “How do you expect to Mate her if she can purify you for even attempting to do such?”

He smirked, “She isn’t in control of her powers at all, even if she was, at their current level she couldn’t kill me.” this was a truth. Sesshoumaru was the most powerful living youkai. Only his father had ever been stronger.

Akita nodded, and sighed as though frustrated. “Yes, I know that already. But that doesn’t mean that you’ll be in any condition to continue the Mating.”

Sesshoumaru withdrew from his sleeve a small box. He presented it to Akita, she was the only person he trusted with such information, his plans, his ideas, and even his emotions. Kagome would one day be the same for him, and more.

Akita wrinkled her brow in a childish show of confusion before shrugging and opening the little box. Her eyes went wide at the power coming from it, and the very things inside. “This will be powerful enough...?”

Sesshoumaru nodded. “More than, but I will take all precautionary measures necessary, I have no intention of being purified by Kagome.”

Akita nodded and closed the box, handing it back to her Lord and Master. “It will work, but you must do something about her inability to protect herself.”

Sesshoumaru shook his head. “I need not worry, as long as I can find out who in my home is truly loyal, and those who are not, she will be safe, as will my son.”

Again the young mix-breed sighed in frustration. She knew the reason why, and it didn’t have to be voiced. Sesshoumaru wanted to protect Kagome, wanted her to feel as though she was possessed by him. He wanted to be her savior, in a way. That he could easily do with her in her current state.

“It’s not my place to argue with you, but I did advise you otherwise.” She smiled, and stood up. “I have to go though, the longer we talk to one another the more suspicious the castle people will become.”

She walked past him to the door, as with most things in this home she didn’t bother with traditional human-made traditions. But when she reached the door she turned back and looked at him. “Just tell me one thing. Your whores, what will you do with them after you’ve Mated with the human?”

Sesshoumaru smirked. “Offer them the chance to be simply servants, or give them to whomever wants them. They will decide.”

Akita nodded, smiling slightly. “That’s a good thing I guess. Well, see you tomorrow, with all I can give you.”

Sesshoumaru nodded and allowed her to leave. Akita was perceptive, and dangerously clever. Had she been against him instead of with him he’d be worried. Certainly he would never tell her that he intended to Mate a human woman. No, that would cause a good many problems, and risk his future mate’s life.

Until he did Mate her, she would be in danger should knowledge leak. If he didn’t trust her wholly and completely, he would never have revealed his intentions to her. As long as his intentions towards Kagome remained secret then he could keep her far safer. Youkai, hanyou, and human alike would try to kill her, just to keep him from making what to them would be a foolish mistake.

This he would not risk, but rushing the Mating on her wouldn’t do either. He needed her to get used to being in his home, and get a bit familiar with his servants. Honestly he hadn’t expected such an opportunity to present itself, but now that it was here he would take it. If it turned out he was putting her in more danger, bringing her into his home than leaving her in the care of Inuyasha, the stain of humiliation would never leave him.

One thing though, he was certain of. Even if there was a great deal of danger in his home, he would not let her die. Anyone who even thought to hurt her would watch everyone near and dear to their hearts melt in his poison... Slowly.