InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tribute ❯ PREPARATIONS ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER THREE:

PREPARATIONS & DELIVERY

Sesshoumaru barely had enough time to meet with his father and prepare for the evening's festivities. He angrily recalled the exchange as he hastened to his suite.

"My son," the Lord Inuyoukai had spoken in his deep commanding tones, "I am charging you with keeping an eye out for your brother tonight. Once I announce you as the heir apparent of the Western Lands, your lives will be in danger from my enemies."

"I see no reason to protect that hanyou fool, Chichi-ue," Sesshoumaru had replied. "You have given him Tetsusaiga. What more should he recall except his skill, which is doubtful at best."

"Do not scoff at or mock my orders, Sesshoumaru! You will preserve the honor and dignity of this family and uphold the duties of your birthright by protecting this family and all that belong to us! Is this clear to you? Inu Yasha is your shatei! I will not have my enemies see us as a divided house!"

"In Yasha's mother was a human!" Sesshoumaru replied. "Humans are nothing more than Tribute to us! We are the masters! They are vermin!"

"Enough! You will obey me! My word is final!" The Great Dog Demon had calmly pivoted on his heel and departed. His secretary, Kiyoshi, had smoothly suggested that Sesshoumaru prepare for the evening's High Tribute.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, your attendants are awaiting you in your private rooms to serve you. Most of the Tribute gifts have already arrived and I know you want to personally examine everything given in your honor," Kiyoshi stated in a low persuasive voice that often worked with his master. His Lord's son was another matter altogether. He retreated as Sesshoumaru stalked towards him and his eyes flashed into a brilliant crimson-red. When the long fangs were bared, the secretary knew that it was time to make his exit.

Sesshoumaru had growled at the little human who had promptly fled in the wake of his master, the Lord Inuyoukai. The heir glanced down at the puddle on the floor and snickered aloud. "Baka kusotare," Sesshoumaru muttered, wrinkling his nose in disgust. Presently, he stormed up the palace's main stairwell to fling open the main doors that led to his private wing. One of the enormous doors shattered and hung loosely from the hinges.

One of the palace guards was indiscreet enough to laugh aloud at Sesshoumaru's display of temper. "How undignified," he mocked insolently, his expression filled with disdain. It was bad enough that the Lord Inuyoukai's younger son was a hanyou and the eldest son resembled a woman and behaved like one. He had never liked the Prince of the Western Lands and expressed his opinion freely to his cronies.

"You should watch you mouth, baka," advised the demon guard standing opposite of him.

"Don't tell me what to do, shit for brains," the foolish guard spat. "He is no match for me. Too pretty to be a warrior or the heir! He should be warming someone's bed! Ha! I'm not afraid of a prissy little shit-hole that needs to be plugged closed!"

The other guard attempted to admonish him again but stiffened as he caught sight of the Lord Inuyoukai's firstborn. Sweat broke out on his orange-hued face and his skin took on a sickly yellowish cast due to his fear. He was grateful that Lord Sesshoumaru's attention was trained on the big mouthed dumb ass across from him.

This evening, the brainless guard's comments and derision reached the wrong ears. Or the right ones, depending on how you looked at it. Sesshoumaru clearly heard the arrogant demon just as he was about to walk into the receiving room. He'd promptly pivoted in mid-stride to double back to the spot and stand before him with a bored expression upon his face.

"What is your name?" He demanded quietly, his features placid and without emotion.

"Masa," the demon guard replied, his aqua-blue face growing darker at being called out in front of his fellows. The other guards around him avoided eye contact and prayed for invisibility.

"Masa Fuck-face, you've just landed on a shit-hole," the white-haired demon informed him, "and since I am the shit-hole according to you-I will have to show you how badly it stinks to be you rather than me."

Masa looked angry and perplexed but held his ground, too stupid to back away or plead.

"What's that, my Lord?"

The barest wisp of a smile touched Sesshoumaru's perfect mouth as his claws glowed with fiery green acid, dripping on the rug and burning a hole through the floor. Masa did not have time to scream as his right arm was severed clean from his shoulder. Blood gushed everywhere, and the grotesque scent of scorched flesh filled the air. Sesshoumaru brought his left hand back and struck out with his whip, neatly slicing off both of the insolent demon's legs. Blood and globs of flesh mingled with bone bits covered the floor as the injured demon bellowed and shrieked in agony.

"Quiet," Sesshoumaru ordered in a bored tone. When the guard continued to loudly express his pain, he flicked his whip again and came away with stupid demon's tongue.

The remaining guards held their breath until their Lord's eldest son entered his private rooms.

Everything was reported to the jiechou who simply commanded them to throw Masa no baka in chains and in the dungeon. Demons did not die easily from those kinds of mutilations. Once he recovered in a couple of hours, he would be part of the night's entertainment. Kiyoshi immediately informed the housekeeper of the mess upstairs. The housekeeper in turn quickly sent up a cleaning crew and the carpenter.

The evening had not begun yet.