InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tribute ❯ INSIDE THE DEMON LORD'S LAIR ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N This story is an AU "Inuyasha" fan fiction where technology and the old world exist, kinda like in Vampire Hunter D's Universe. I do not own the characters of "Inuyasha" the talented and intelligent Rumiko Takahashi does. This is a Rin/Sesshoumaru romance/angst piece. There is a bit of citrus content in this chapter. If you are offended by lime DO NOT read. Later this story may become NC-17 once my Lord Sess decides to have his wicked way with Rin- I will let you know with a warning. Again if you under 18 and offended by citrus, DO NOT READ. Cameo appearances of Inuyasha, Miroku, Kagome, Kikyou and others will appear but not a lot. Thanks for the reviews I have been receiving. This is my first fan fic! But once again…

PLEASE REVIEW for the next installments- c'mon that's my payment-give a gal over here in Chi-town some more love peeps

THE TRIBUTE

CHAPTER FIVE

INSIDE THE DEMON LORD'S LAIR

Once Sesshoumaru had departed, Jaken gestured wildly at Kiyoshi's assistant with the Staff of Heads. His voice had a threat in it as he ordered Saburo.

"Hurry up, fool! You heard, my Lord! Now hurry or feel my wrath!"

Saburo sighed, hastening to do the nasty toad's bidding as he hit several buttons to turn off the security codes for the cage. He reached inside and seized Rin by the arm, after viciously striking a couple of the girls who attempted to dash out and past him. He pulled Rin behind him and slammed the cage shut. Jaken immediately grabbed the girl while Saburo typed in the security code.

"Come on, stupid girl! Don't just stand there!" Jaken screeched at Rin who attempted to hide her amusement.

Saburo saw her, and winked. She blushed and followed the toad, with her head slightly bowed.

"I am taking the elevator," Jaken mumbled, "My Lord can't expect me to traipse up and down all of those stairs all the day long." He halted at a pair of white glossy marble doors which immediately opened.

Rin stepped inside after the toad, who promptly dialed in a series of numbers. The doors closed with a clack and they sped upward quickly.

Where are we going? Rin pondered, her heart was racing as the elevator came to an abrupt stop. The girl stepped out into the hallway and stared at the luxury around her.

The room was done in white, red and black trim. The walls were all white with intricate platinum and onyx borders that were inlaid with the red and white kanji of the Inu Taisho Clan. The rugs were foamy and white, matching the leather and white fur furniture that was scattered with red, black, silver and white pillows. Tables and lamps of various sizes were made of black lacquer and crystal, white jade and obsidian, red amber and carnelian. Weapons of different sizes and shapes from the past decorated the walls along with well-kept armor. A large flat screen television was mounted into the wall across from a large flat desk that had a computer, fax machine, scanner, printer and telephone.

Although it was sparsely furnished it clearly reflected the wealth and status of the Lord Inuyoukai's son. For the first time in her youthful existence, Rin was seeing first hand all of the gadgets the merchant had spoken of to her long ago. Would there be even more wonders to examine and explore?

"Don't just stand there stupid human!" Jaken screeched angrily, impatient at this assignment that was so beneath him. He tried to never question his master but he was getting a headache today.

Rin quirked an eyebrow at the little green demon but didn't allow him to affect her. He was a lackey and nothing more after all. She wished that her fate wasn't in the hands of a demon lord but what could she say about the matter?

"My Lord wishes you cleansed and deloused for his return," Jaken informed her. "All of the servants are busy preparing for the High Tribute. You can use the private bathing rooms." He pointed towards the double doors at the opposite end of the room.

In there? Rin was surprised until she realized that they were standing in a greeting chamber, adjoined to Lord Sesshoumaru's private suite.

Jaken awaited her thanks for his master's generosity but the ungrateful human wretch said nothing! He should kill her now and save his master the trouble!

"The things I do for my Master," the little toad grumbled, as his mind raced back to the afternoon.

Sesshoumaru had been delayed by the high noon traffic, and so his servant, Jaken, had arrived at the shop of Kaikinbo early.

The stench and filth of the place was horrific to say the least. Jaken has shuddered standing there at the threshold; forcing himself to go inside.

"Hello?" He had tentatively called out, since the place as gloomy and cluttered with discarded refuse from rotten food, junk, metal, and corpses that were demon, animal and yes, human.

Everyone was aware of how the despicable bio-weaponsmaker collected his living tissues for his vile creations. Many had chosen to overlook that fact because he was useful. Jaken should know, since it was his own Master who had brought the revived head of Goshinki the Oni to Kaikinbo's shop.

The last thing Jaken had expected was to be cut down. One moment he was standing inside the open bay area of the workroom, and then all that he could recall was a searing agony as he was cut in half.

Fortunately, his Lord Sesshoumaru had arrived to revive him with his bio-weapon, the Tensaiga.

Jaken was only too glad to witness the powerful youkai Lord's sentence upon the hapless fool who'd become possessed by the new bio-weapon he'd created for his patron.

Sesshoumaru had calmly demanded that the commissioned masterpiece be brought to him at once. When Kaikinbo flatly refused and moved to attack him, the inu youkai had slashed him into a million pieces with his lazar-whip. Jaken nearly laughed aloud at the pile of smoldering flesh that was once the evil bio-tech weaponsmaker.

Now the newly created Toukijin was in his Lord's possession and would be accompanying his Master at the High Tribute celebration. However, Jaken suspected that the bio-weapon was contaminated by the corrupt tissue matter from the dead Goshinki. Kaikinbo had been known for his unorthodox ways of making bio-weapons. The little retainer was pleased that his Master had the bio-weapon in hand otherwise who knew what problems could arise from it being stolen by some baka?

Collecting himself, Jaken took note that his new charge had left him standing in the middle of the room with his thoughts. Now was a good time to lock her in without her being aware of the fact.

"Human girl! Where are you? This is no play room for a lowly creature such as you!"

The young girl suddenly appeared behind him causing Jaken to jump several feet up into the air. His head struck the hanging neon lantern above, with his entire skull breaking through the thin silk fabric so that his body was dangling in the air. The glare of the neon prism inside the lantern blinded him momentarily so that he was dazed from the brilliance and the blow.

"Get me down from here!" Jaken yelped once he came to his senses. He had dropped the Staff of Heads and was crazily kicking his feet in terror.

The maiden sighed and reached up to grab him by the legs to yank him towards the floor. His pointy head got stuck for a brief second, before he was pulled from the lantern with a sudden crash to the floor. For several moments, he lay there winded before looking up to glare at Rin. She merely shrugged and stood there looking down at him.

Jaken struggled to his feet, cursing and muttering. "Don't expect me to that you for scaring me you foolish child! I will see that you are punished for mistreating me so! I am the retainer of a great inu youkai Lord-"

Rin merely marched past him, not bothering to listen to the rest of his rant. She opened the doors into yet another spacious room that was filled with more weapons and armor of different descriptions and eras. The floor was bare wood and the walls were padded. It occurred to her that this was a chamber used for practicing and exercise. She discovered the doors leading to the bathing room.

The bathing room was actually an enormous grotto with flowing water. There were plants and flowers of every description blooming everywhere. The grotto rocks were luminous lapis lazuli and shining with a brilliant, clear light that made the entire area radiant.

Oh well, Rin thought wryly, when you were a Demon Lord's heir, you could hire biological-geo technicians to create whatever you wanted. She was surprised that there were no more machines visible except the ones utilized for convenience.

So absorbed was she that Rin failed to hear the main door of the suite being closed and secured.

Where should she begin? This was all a strange turn in her life; especially being singled out like that by that Demon Lord. Good riddance to his slimy and arrogant retainer though!

How she wished her beloved Akiko were here now to guide her through this all. Hopefully she would find peace with Jiro now that her unwanted niece was out of the way.

Rin sighed to herself and decided to bathe and swim in the gorgeous grotto. She removed her kimono and under-robe, released her hair, and placed all of her belongings upon a nearby boulder. Then she dived off the side, plunging into the exhilarating waters that were temperate and fragrant. From somewhere a pink soap shaped like a cherry blossom floated on the water's surface next to her.

Stunned, she picked it up and lathered her entire body from head to toe. She found herself wondering where it had come from even as she inhaled the wonderful scent of sakura flowers.

But the answers became clearer once she finished her bath.

Her clothing had been replaced by a shimmering lavender kimono with silver embroidery and a deep rose pink under-robe decorated with blush hued pearls and jade. The obi sash was silvery-white and adorned with opals and pearls. Rin had never seen such fabric. She was almost afraid to pick up the garments because the material was soft and delicate. And where were her clothes?

However, she could not stand there naked either. She quickly put the clothing on before she took a chill or worse yet, the Master of these rooms returned.

More and more, it was becoming obvious that the demons and humans of the city lived differently and had many unusual possessions. There was an odd contraption to dress her hair if she wished! She had no idea how to go about using it although she could read the directions, the pictures made no sense to her. What was most confusing was the variety of hairstyles! Rin was all too happy to locate a comb and brush without the nuisance of having to deal with such a device or hair ornaments.

Earlier after she had emerged from the water, warm air from a mysterious source dried her and body while moisturizing her sensitive skin. It felt strange to have machines do such intimate tasks for her.

Didn't these city humans understand the pleasures of day-to-day tasks?

Once she had braided her hair, Rin decided to explore the rest of the suite. There was another weapons room, a sitting room that overlooked a large garden, a library and a room that she could only assume was her new Master's sleeping chambers.

The ceiling was completely white but the walls were all red with black trim and silver borders. The rug upon the floor was dense white fur with odd symbols. A pair of doors that were painted with a fierce battle scene in colorful detail opened to a spacious veranda. There were several panels and screen that had pictures of inu youkai's hunting, fighting and slaying their enemies. The bed was a huge futon, covered by a black silk sheet completely covered by crimson, white and red intricate needlework. A large marble-white desk with sinuous lines was in evidence. The surface was etched with a large blue half moon.

A simple yet elegant room, Rin mused to herself. This was indeed a far cry from the cage of wailing and complaining maidens who were extremely annoying. She decided to sit down in a large plush red chair. There was no time for regrets. Everyone knew that no one ever returned from the Tributes. If she was to die now it would be a peaceful situation. Her only wish was to say good-bye to Akiko but

Rin knew that it was a selfish wish.

She prayed that the Demon Lord, the one called Sesshoumaru, would be merciful and quick. After the luxury she had just enjoyed in his private rooms that had been generously made available to her, the chances appeared to be good rather than futile.

**

Sesshoumaru silently watched the exquisite human girl as she disrobed. The cameras were hidden throughout his private chambers. Only he could access the proper codes to the viewing monitors. He silently sat in his study staring at her silken pale nudity and wondering how he could lose sight of everything. What had caused him to spy on her besides his misplaced curiosity?

No, it had been boredom. He was waiting for the final preparations before he entered the Great Hall to join his father and the others as the guest of honor. It was not a good idea to make his entrance too late-or too soon. Timing was of the utmost importance tonight.

After Jaken had confirmed to him that the girl was waiting in his private rooms, he could not resist the urge to see what she was about. It had not been his intent to be a voyeur. But now…

His body was tense, as he stared at the slender line of her graceful throat, the finely etched bones of her shoulders and the swell of her surprisingly full breasts. The peaks were deep pink; hardened and protruding from the waters' caress. The glossy dampness of her rich dark hair shivered across her smooth wet flesh; so enticing, drifting downward across her shapely buttocks, over her shoulders, along her belly and to the crevice between her firm thighs. Her legs were long and well-formed with trim ankles. The waist was dainty, but her hips had the welcoming flare that a hot-blooded male youkai looked for in a mate. She would breed fine strong pups.

He angrily and abruptly shut off the monitors, furious with his reactions. How he loathed humans! But the sight of the girl and her nakedness were making a lie of everything he believed. It had to be the scent of her! It still lingered in his nostrils even now. There was no way he could throw away his future on the abomination of lusting after a human female. He was his father's heir!

But the possibilities were there…

Yes, so much so that the temptation this girl offered him could not be overlooked or ignored. What if he took her, claimed her? She was a rarity. The child could be a full-blooded youkai. Yet the risk of siring a totally human child would be wound to his pride. Sesshoumaru could not stomach the possibility of shaming his bloodline by having his mate bear him a mortal! A human!

Nor could he ignore his inu youkai instincts, and that was the trouble.

Sesshoumaru was relieved when his father's servant knocked upon the door.

"My Lord, all is in readiness. It is time," the demon servant called out on the other side of the panel. He had not been told to enter, and wisely awaited his orders.

"Inform the Great Lord Inuyoukai that I will attend him," Sesshoumaru replied curtly. He waited until the servants footsteps moved further and further away from the door.

It would not do to decide about the girl now. But time was short. If he mated with her, as his instincts dictated, then it would have to be soon, at the height of her fecundity, when the moon was at full rise.

Only three nights from the High Tribute.

Shit.

He reached into a nearby gold case and pulled out a hand-rolled cigarette. He quickly lit it and inhaled. The feral gold eyes narrowed behind the wisps of smoke that were released from his finely etched mouth. His nostrils flared, exhaling more smoke, but the fragrance of her was still there coating his mouth and the fibers inside of his nose. Sesshoumaru impatiently stabbed the cigarette out into a nearby ashtray. What good was smoking to a demon if it didn't relax him?

"Shit," he growled out loud this time.

Three nights was not long, but it offered him a temporary respite. And time to change his mind and come to his senses by then.