InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Love ❯ Chapter 7 – Inuyasha Finds Pain ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 7 - Inuyasha Finds Pain
 
A/N: A warm and fuzzy thanks to the following for your kind words. Doomo Arigato for each and every single review! Even if you are reading but not reviewing I still send out my thanks to you!
 
<b>A few words to know....</b>
Miko - Shinto Priestess
Youkai - Demon, Apparition
Hanyou - Half-Breed Youkai
Onna - Woman
Aniki - Brother
Burakkupawa - Black Power
Majinai - A charm
 
~~~***~~~
 
“Kuto, have you taken care of the prisoners?” Naraku asked with a hint of menace.
 
“Yes master,” Kuto replied in his deep rumbling voice.
 
“You left them unclean?” Naraku questioned further.
 
“Hai,” Kuto responded.
 
“And the old hag? Did she remove the collars and place her spell on the bars?” The dark one waited patiently for the answer from his brutish minion. He was certain that his instructions were followed, but it was by habit that he double checked, making sure that even the smallest details of his plans were carried out correctly. There was no room for mistakes. Not when dealing with deadly enemies.
 
“It is done as you commanded master Naraku.” The hulking ogre replied while shifting his feet under the intense stare of his master's evil crimson eyes. Kuto was not smart. No. He was all brawn and no brains. He was well aware of that fact and it did not matter at all to him. Some things you could not change.
 
Naraku was evil incarnate. The ogre could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice, but he was powerful, and he never called him names. Kuto had found a home under the protection of the dark hanyou. One where he was not criticized and tormented. One where he could do what he wanted, as long as it was in the guidelines set by his master. Naraku provided for him and he would provide for Naraku. It was as simple as that. Never would he go against his master. The thought simply never occurred to him.
 
Naraku leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes, dismissing his loyal follower. Soon. Everything would happen very soon. He sent a mental call to Kohaku, and within minutes his personal living zombie appeared. Naraku took a moment to congratulate himself once again for his superior intellect and skill. The young demon exterminator had proven to be very useful to him these past years. His decision to implant the single Shikon shard into the slayer's back had been ingenious. Not only did he acquire a highly trained warrior but an emotional weapon against the boys' older sister, Sango. The bitch had dared to defy him once, fighting against his evil touch and escaping his grasp to join with his most hated enemy, Inuyasha. It was only right that he should retaliate by using her brother against her. She simply left him no choice in the matter.
 
The young boy knelt on one knee, head bowed, obediently in front of him awaiting his instruction. Naraku wondered briefly if the boy would stay frozen there all day if he made no move to instruct him otherwise. `Of course he would,' he silently scoffed. How silly of him to think that he would not. The boy had no mind of his own, after all. He was only an empty shell awaiting his next assignment. “Kohaku. Inuyasha shall be arriving within the hour. You are to go ahead and secure the way for our arrival at my new palace. Kanna has only left a handful alive there. Assure their loyalty to me, and kill those who refuse to bow under my rule.”
 
Kohaku immediately gave a curt, “Hai, Master Naraku”, before standing and leaving Naraku's chambers. Naraku watched him go, thinking of the havoc that he was about to unleash on Inuyasha. The boy had no idea of the bleak future awaiting him. He chuckled softly in the gloomy darkness. The sound was like crushed velvet floating on the thick air.
 
Naraku sat back to wait.
 
~~~***~~~
 
Kagura watched, careful to stay downwind of Inuyasha and his companions as they steadily made their way to Naraku's stronghold. The hanyou was following the trail that she left without fail. The most difficult portion of her assignment had been making it appear careless, as if it were a mistake on her part. She did not make careless mistakes, but Inuyasha's swollen ego would not acknowledge that fact. Instead the hanyou would run straight into Naraku's trap.
 
It was almost heartbreaking, the way the hanyou put aside all good sense for the love of his charge. Kagome. Her mind turned to the young miko. It was really a shame what Naraku was doing to the girl, but he would not be deterred from his insidious plot. The vile beast took great pleasure in the suffering of others. She knew that all too well.
 
If only he did not hold her heart. Her living beating youkai heart. Something so precious and fragile kept in a mere jar, just to assure her loyalty. Oh how she loathed Naraku's very existence.
 
Ahead she could hear Inuyasha crashing through the treetops. Would there ever come a day when the demi-youkai would crush Naraku? With a sigh of hopelessness, she admitted that the day may never come. Inuyasha was simply too brash and Naraku too crafty. He would always slip through Inuyasha's grasp like wind through the trees.
 
The culmination of this whole sordid affair would occur very soon. The fast traveling group below was very close to Naraku's barrier. In moments Inuyasha would transform his blade into the red Tetsusaiga and destroy the barrier that was intentionally left in place by Naraku. Her breath picked up in her excitement. A sick part of her looked forward to this almost as much as Naraku. It was a part of her that she wished to one day destroy. The part that held her master's vile taint.
 
~~~***~~~
 
“Inuyasha! Ahead! I sense the presence of magic!” Miroku called out to his fast moving friend.
 
“I'm on it!” Inuyasha yelled back as he pulled his sword from its sheath. The sound of it proceeded the swords transformation into a giant swirling vortex of crimson metal. He leapt high into the air and screamed his war cry, “Tetsusaiga!” The enormous red fang sliced through the invisible barrier ripping into the magical shield and breaking down the very fabric holding it together. The barrier rippled and vanished.
 
Inuyasha briefly looked back to his fast approaching companions, “Let's go! Today Naraku is going DOWN!”
 
In moments they arrived in what used to be a glorious courtyard. The vast open space was now barren of life. Naraku's evil poison had crushed everything once living into dust. There, standing rather nonchalantly was the vile hanyou himself, sporting a smirk, as if his death were not forthcoming. The mere sight of him made the shard hunters feel intense disgust. His stolen body was more than handsome, belying the evil that lay beneath. His robes shifted in the wind and his elaborate armor shined brightly in the afternoon sun. Long ebony hair drifted about his shoulders, and he looked every bit the fearless warrior.
 
What a crock of shit.
 
Inuyasha knew what he was. He had proven it time and again. Naraku was smart. He would give him that, but he was no warrior. Naraku was a coward. A coward that thrived on the suffering of others.
 
“Ah, Inuyasha. To what do I owe this pleasure?” Naraku asked with mocking tones laced through his smooth voice.
 
“Cut the crap, Naraku! You know damn well why I'm here! What the hell have you done with Kagome?!” He held his sword tightly in his grasp, ready for anything. Naraku had something up his sleeve. The bastard had been waiting on them. He knew they were coming all along. Inuyasha knew a trap when he saw one.
 
“Who? Oh... you mean your lovely little miko. Hmmmm... I do believe that she is around here somewhere.” Naraku had to control his urge to gloat. He didn't want to spoil his fun too soon. For every minute that Inuyasha squirmed he could feel his power rising.
 
“You fucking bastard! Where is she? What have you done to her?” He was growing tired of this game. Naraku was deliberately baiting him, enjoying his agitation... his worry.
 
“What have I done to her? Perhaps you should, instead, ask what your dear brother has done to her.” The laughter was held tightly in check, though it was not an easy task. This was simply too rich to end so soon.
 
“My bro.... What the hell do you mean?! Sesshomaru? What the FUCK is going on?! I'm getting tired of your blubbering! It's time to die!” Inuyasha released the first wave of Tetsusaiga, “WIND SCAR!!!” The blast ate up the desolate ground with lightning speed as it headed toward Naraku.
 
`Ah, it ends too soon,' Naraku sighed as he dissipated into a mist of dark miasma. He drifted high above the battle ready warriors chuckling wickedly along the way. He hovered for a moment waiting for the dust to settle. He wanted to see the look on Inuyasha's face. “You will find that your miko is not so pure anymore, Inuyasha. Should you loose interest in her, I will be more than happy to relieve you of her. It is not everyday that one finds such a tight fuck you know.” He released another gale of dark ominous laughter as he watched the hanyou's face dissolve into a look of horror and pain.
 
So easy.
 
His power pulsed and throbbed through his body as he watched the stunned faces of the group below. Tears glistened in the eyes of the female taijiya and the fox kit. The monk wore of look of defeated hope and Inuyasha... it was simply priceless. The hanyou was literally shaking with pent of emotion. He could see it all. Rage, defeat, grief. It was all there for his sole pleasure to enjoy.
 
Inuyasha was trembling. Despite his best efforts to remain calm and focused he was losing it fast. Could it be true? Or was Naraku lying to throw him off? He had to find her! No longer was killing Naraku his number one priority. He had to find Kagome! He had to get her away from this evil place!
 
Without a word Inuyasha lowered his sword, careful to hold it ready at his side, and ran, allowing his nose to lead the way. Through the stench of Naraku's vile presence he sought something pure. Something sweet and fresh. Jasmine on the wind.
 
It was faint; barely discernable through the many other disgusting odors, but it was there. “Hold on Kagome! I'm coming!”
 
Naraku laughed again as he watched the band of shard hunter's run to save the miko. “Too bad, Inuyasha. You are simply too late.” His voice, no more than a whisper in the wind as he gathered himself and headed fast to his hiding place. There he would meet Kanna, and watch the true horrors unfold.
 
Inuyasha followed the light scent, as the sweet smell grew stronger, leading him to the place where Naraku held her captive. He did not take the time to explain himself to the others. They would understand. He could hear them all behind him, following his lead. He rounded a corner and swiftly followed a dark corridor that led to a heavy iron door holding a thick lock.
 
He paused for a slight moment, to gather his strength for what lay ahead. He knew what Naraku said was true. Even from here he could smell it. The blood and semen. Urine and filth. Kagome's tender innocence was no more, and he was afraid. Terrified of what lay beyond that metal door. His Kagome had been raped and tortured. That much he could smell, but seeing it would tear out his soul. Seeing her like that was going to rip him apart.
 
Naraku had won after all.
 
Miroku put a heavy hand on his shoulder then. The monk knew how hard this was for him, but there was no comfort for Inuyasha. Nothing the wise young houshi could say would take away the hurt. He had failed her. And on the other side of the door he would come face to face with his incompetence. He had failed the one person who would have died for him.
 
He gulped down the tears that so viciously throbbed in his throat, and said in a low steady voice, “step back.”
 
Something woke him, and immediately Sesshomaru sprung into a crouching defensive stance. The last thing he remembered was watching the ogre drag Kagome's unconscious form from his body. His inner demon had become enraged over the entire abuse of his chosen woman. She was his to protect!
 
The rage was still there. The fury tightly wound like a deadly spring. Nothing was clear. His mind was a fog of red death. He wanted blood.
 
His claws moved to his neck. It wasn't there! In disbelief he patted his neck, and quickly turned to his sleeping onna. Her collar too was gone. Power. He could feel his strength rushing through his veins once more. Burakkupawa sizzled from his fingertips. He was whole again! He threw back his head and released a howl of emotion. Rage, vengeance, death! The sound of it rocked the very foundations. He stepped forward to snatch the meager bars down that held him captive.
 
BOOM!!! Two things happened at the moment Sesshomaru touched the metal bars. His body was hurled viscously away by an all too familiar magic. The witch! Her magic tainted the bars, the same magic that was emblazoned upon the collar he wore. Coming to one knee, he shook his head fiercely. Long white hair caked with dried blood rippled with his violent movement.
 
Even during his shocking discovery, Sesshomaru was aware that the dungeon's heavy door had been blown inward by a powerful force.
 
Danger! His instincts took over. He moved over the now fully awake and very frightened female to crouch low in front of her, ready for the attack. Nothing would get through the barred door alive. Nothing would bring harm to his onna ever again! He released a deep rumbling growl, snarling in readiness. His strength had returned and it was time to kill.
 
Inuyasha heard the horrible echoing bellow of hate pour from his full demon half brother. He had to pause his entrance into the dungeon, quickly covering his sensitive ears from the earth wrenching sound. He had never heard such a wail of torment and rage in all his years and it shook him to the core. He had battled many demons and even his own powerful aniki, but nothing had ever struck fear in him like the sound of Sesshomaru's cry for blood.
 
Shippo was shaking so hard that his teeth were chattering with terrible force. His eyes were huge and frightened. His Kagome was obviously hurt really bad, and something beyond that dark entrance was waiting to rip them all to shreds! He didn't want to go in. He wished he was far away, but he would be brave. For Kagome.
 
“Shippo, you and Kirara stay here,” Inuyasha ordered before stepping through the doorway. The kitsune made no argument and Inuyasha knew that the kid was probably pissing his pants.
 
He took one knowing look at Sango and Miroku, silently conveying his unease. The look was a warning to be ready for anything. “Whatever happens, you two get Kagome out of here and to safety.” They gave a tense curt nod, and he took a deep steadying breath.
 
Through the door he stepped into the dank dungeon air. His large amber eyes moved with rapid jerks quickly taking in every detail. Chains and torture tables adorned the walls and room. Cells aligned one wall. Movement. Sound. A soft feminine sob. He focused on that spot as he lightly moved his feet over the dirt floor. His sword was ready, but he was not. His heart pounded in his chest. The sound of it beating hard in his ears. His imagination was running wild. He half expected to see Sesshomaru feasting on Kagome's dead body. He shook the violent image from his mind. He knew she was alive. He could hear her soft whimpering amidst the bestial growls of the taiyoukai.
 
Nothing his mind could have ever imagined could have prepared him for the sight. When he finally stood in front of the cage, his breath was knocked hard from his chest. Lying in a bruised, bloody, and terrified heap was his sweet Kagome. Her fragile body unclothed and covered in foul filth. Crouched in front of her, more beast than man, was his naked brother. Sesshomaru's eyes shone red in the darkness, and his long white fangs flashed dangerously as he snarled at him. His lethal hands lay flat on the floor itching to pounce, and his lengthy claws were scraping eerily over the rough flooring there. Taught muscles rippled in readiness for his attack. Long moonlit hair danced wild about his shoulders with the electric intensity of his raging aura.
 
“Shit,” Inuyasha cursed softly. This was not good. He had to get Kagome out, but to do so he had to get past Sesshomaru. Something terrible had been done to them both, and whatever it was had changed his normally controlled half brother into this untamed beast.
 
Inuyasha took a deep breath in preparation. Sesshomaru would have to die.
 
He stepped up and reached out to grab the bars. The snarling demon became even more agitated with every step closer to the cell. “Stop!” Miroku ordered. Inuyasha turned on him with a look of outrage, but the houshi stood firm. “Inuyasha, I sense something amiss here. Step aside.”
 
“Are you crazy?” Inuyasha ground out angrily. “He'll tear you apart!”
 
Miroku stilled his fears and held fast in his resolve. He stepped up and around Inuyasha, ignoring his protests. Sango uttered her own frantic plea in a last pitched attempt to change his mind, and he was half tempted to stop and soothe her. Instead he reached in his robes and pulled out two powerful majinai from within. “I sense a powerful evil lingering on these bars. You will not be able to open them until I break the spell.”
 
“Wait, Sango ordered, before you do that, let's see if we can talk some sense into Sesshomaru-sama.”
 
“There ain't no talking to him Sango. Don't be a baka! He's out for blood,” Inuyasha spat back in nervous anger.
 
“No Inuyasha. Can't you see? He's protecting her.” Sango was watching him closely and she could see that the demon lord meant to kill anyone who came near Kagome. She had her doubts that Inuyasha would come out of this fight alive. Maybe if they could just get Sesshomaru to understand that they were here to help. If they could break through that haze of anger that had taken over, then there was a chance he would back off. They were her friends, and he should know that they were here to help her.
 
“I think Sango may be right, Inuyasha. It would be worth a try.” Miroku urged the over eager hanyou.
 
“Feh! Talk ain't worth shit, and you know it!” Inuyasha argued.
 
Just then, in a voice so soft that it was a mere whisper, Kagome said the word. “Sit.”
 
With a startled yelp, the hanyou crashed face first into the dungeon floor.
 
Everyone looked to Kagome in surprise. Even Sesshomaru seemed to waver in his deadly intent. She was sitting behind the taiyoukai with her long legs pulled tightly against her chest and her arms wrapped around in an attempt to cover her nakedness.
 
After the initial shock wore off, Miroku stepped up to the bars once again. In a soothing voice he said, “Lord Sesshomaru. We are here to help Kagome-sama and yourself. Do you understand? We mean no harm to come to either of you.”
 
Another snarl left his lips and the taiyoukai fought for control. Inside his mind and body was a raging war between instinct and intelligence. Buried deeply beneath the anger and need to protect his mate lay the soft voice of reason. Another feral growl tore from his chest. Was there truth in the monks words? His mind was clouded; wrapped in a red blazing haze. He knew these creatures before him, but it was unclear whether they were enemies or allies.
 
The beast recalled battles waged against these very creatures standing before him. He also recalled his mate being familiar with them. Could he take that chance?
 
Again her voice, tiny and sad, cut through the tension. “Sesshomaru.” Kagome placed a gentle hand on Sesshomaru's shoulder. Her touch was enough to pull him back just a little from the insanity clouding his mind. He leaned into her, emitting a comforting rumble from deep within his chest.
 
Inuyasha had risen from his spell-induced crash and was standing quietly beside the others. Kagome was attempting to calm Sesshomaru down, and his heart clenched painfully in his chest at the sight. His brother reacted immediately to her soft touch, even leaning towards her. The non-existent knife in his heart began to twist slowly with excruciating agony, while he watched <i>his</i> Kagome wrap her arms around Sesshomaru and nuzzle his head tenderly with her own.
 
Anger and betrayal erupted with volcanic force and Inuyasha clenched his fists until his knuckles cracked under the pressure. The monk immediately stepped to his side and whispered, “Try to stay calm Inuyasha. We do not yet know what madness these two have suffered at the hands of Naraku. It is obvious that they had no choice but to rely upon one another in order to survive.”
 
The monks' words entered his brain, but did nothing to alleviate the hurt, anger and betrayal that threatened to consume him completely. He couldn't watch this. He would not watch this!
 
Inuyasha slipped his sword easily back into its sheath. His proud shoulders drooped in defeat, and he left them all there to make his way back outside.
 
Kagome saw the pained look in Inuyasha's face. His whole body sunk in defeat. It was something that she never ever wanted to see again, but something that she could do nothing about. Her time spent in this hell had changed things completely for her. No longer could she skip through the world with a carefree smile on her face. She had lost so much. Her virginity was only the beginning. Her self-respect had passed on with her spirit and trust. She had been defiled in body and mind, leaving her nothing to hold on to except Sesshomaru's strength.
 
She leaned her head to rub her cheek against Sesshomaru's soft hair. Her palm rubbed over the matted blood caked in his long tresses. Evil had touched her, and torn her apart and nothing really mattered anymore. Nothing except him. His soothing baritone voice signaled his returning control. “No one will ever harm you again, Kagome. Not while I live.”
 
“Arigato, Sesshomaru. Arigato,” she replied.
 
Miroku placed the majinai upon the bars with a flick of his holy wrists. Electricity crackled and sizzled under the power of his charm until it died away, leaving nothing to stand in the way of freedom for Kagome and Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru felt the magic dwindle under the holy power. At last. Freedom. He stood and walked to the bars then easily pulled the door off of the hinges and threw it to the side where it landed with a loud rattling clank. He walked back to the hay mat and pulled Kagome easily up into his arms. “Leave us houshi,” he commanded with narrowed eyes. The monk would not look on his onna in her nakedness. He turned to the taijiya. “Search the castle for clothing to cover her.”
 
Sango ran out, ignoring the others waiting outside. She headed for the main house, and burst through the doors. The stale scent of old death hung thickly in the air, and she fought the urge to vomit. Swiftly she ran from room to room throwing open doors looking for anything that the two of them could wear. Finally she found a dusty old kimono hanging in a small room. She shook it hard ignoring the flying particles in the air, and continued her search. Two rooms down she found room filled with discarded items. Old furniture, wooden buckets, and rusty pieces of armor, but in the corner a flash of something caught her eye. She crept deeper, and there she found Sesshomaru's swords thrown down carelessly upon the floor. She dared not pick up the evil sword Tokijin, for fear it would possess her, so she grabbed an old piece of window cloth and tied it securely around the huge katana. After also picking up Tenseiga and slipping it through her sash she ran out dragging the sword behind her. In the next room she discovered a pair of tattered men's hakama, which she snatched up quickly.
 
The taijiya returned rather quickly and Sesshomaru was stoically grateful. She had even recovered his swords and an old sash. He wanted nothing more than to leave this place immediately, but he refused to subject Kagome to the men in her current state of undress. The clothing smelled of dust and moths, but it mattered not. Soon he would be home with his mate where he could tend to her wounds and cleanse her with care.
 
Sango tried to help Kagome dress, but Sesshomaru growled low in warning. She quickly stepped back, feeling as if she were leaving her friend to the wolves. Helplessly she watched as Sesshomaru aided Kagome with the utmost tenderness and care. Sango was unsure what to say or do, and she wiped the wayward tear away from her eye. In minutes the two were dressed, and to the relief of all they stepped out of Naraku's grisly dungeon.
 
Kagome blinked against the unaccustomed light. Her eyes watered under the bright assault, and Sesshomaru pulled her face to his chest in an effort to ease her pain. Kagome rubbed her cheek lightly against his bare chest in appreciation, but pulled away to look around. Already she could feel the sun pouring her life back into her body. She needed to be away from this vile perverted place. She needed the Earth's healing touch. She longed for beautiful green grass and fresh air.
 
Sesshomaru too felt the call of nature upon his soul. He wanted to run through the forests and soar through the sky.
 
“You can just put her down now,” Inuyasha bit out as he approached the haggard pair. He didn't understand why Sesshomaru was even still here. His words met a glare that promised a painful death, but Inuyasha would not be deterred. Naraku was gone and Kagome was safe again. It was time to be on their way. “I said let her go, Sesshomaru!” His dangerous aniki growled deeply, but did not release Kagome from his grasp. Inuyasha put his hand on Tetsusaiga's hilt prepared to battle for the miko.
 
“No, Inuyasha. Please don't.” Kagome looked at him, pouring her pain into that gaze, opening her soul for the hanyou to see the terrible scars festering there. She knew it was crazy. She should return to her friends, run to the well, and escape this wretched era forever, but her mind would not let go of Sesshomaru's strength. She was confused and tired and hurt in more ways than she could name. Just the thought of Sesshomaru leaving her sent unexplainable terror coursing through her veins. Unconsciously she buried herself deeper against his warmth.
 
Sesshomaru regarded Inuyasha for a moment, and he could clearly see the hurt in the boys' eyes, but this thing was beyond his understanding. Something had happened in that dungeon. Something that spawned a fierce need to keep this onna with him and safe. He would not ever give her over to another. “The miko is safe with this Sesshomaru.”
 
The defiance threatened to spill over, but Inuyasha managed to crush it down. Everything in him screamed to fight for Kagome's return, but one look in her desolate eyes stopped him from acting on his urges. He clamped his mouth shut and growled through clenched teeth. “You better, or I'll kill you just like I am going to kill Naraku.”
 
Sesshomaru stooped in his tracks and turned back to Inuyasha. His voice was chilling and sharp, “Make no mistake, Inuyasha, Naraku is mine. Only I will spill his blood. Do not cross me on this.”
 
Shippo watched the exchange from beside of Miroku. Lord Sesshomaru never once put Kagome down. She never even asked to be put down, and Inuyasha was letting him take her away! He didn't understand any of this. He knew something terrible had happened, but Kagome was back and now they were losing her all over again. He wanted to yell at Inuyasha. To scream at him not to let Kagome go with his terrible brother, but one look at Inuyasha was enough to keep his mouth shut. The hanyou looked ready to rip something apart, and no way was it going to be him!
 
Kagome felt the warmth of the sun on her skin and Sesshomaru's strong arms holding her against his hard body. For the first time since she was captured she began to feel a little safe. She leaned her head against his broad chest and allowed sleep to claim her.
 
The taiyoukai walked tall and proud away from the place that had brought so much shame on him and his mate. He effortlessly held the tiny onna cradled within the safety of his powerful arms. He watched as she drifted off to sleep, and pondered the effect that she would have upon his life. It was highly ironic that he had so easily fallen into his father's footsteps after decades of striving to avoid such fate. No doubt the Inu no Taisho was enjoying a round of laughter at his expense, but it mattered not to Sesshomaru at the moment. Nothing mattered except <i>her</i>.
 
His power felt good running through his body once more and he vowed to never again fall prey to such trickery. He would devote himself to knowledge of any such subduing spells that could possibly overcome him. Nothing would ever happen to him like this again. Kagome sighed softly in her sleep and he felt his cold heart swell for her. She had lost so much in such a short time. He feared that she may not ever find happiness in her heart again. It was beyond cruelty to torture such a pure creature as this little miko. Sesshomaru tightened his grip amidst his disturbing thoughts, but relaxed when she wiggled in protest.
 
How may ways can you torture a hanyou? A slow evil smirk crept over his handsome face. He would first remove the hanyou's manhood and force it down his throat. Yes. That would be most invigorating. It wouldn't do to have him bleed out, so his poison would be used to seal the open wound. Maybe then he could see how long the vermin would live after he removed his skin in strips. His screams of pain would prove to be a delightful melody indeed.
 
His features never changed as he called forth his burakkupawa cloud to carry them both to the Western Palace. The wind whipped through their hair and finally Sesshomaru began to relax a bit. Kagome's ebony tresses tickled against his flesh. Thoughts of Naraku's certain and painful death were pushed aside as the taiyoukai of the West gazed down upon the face of his new mate. She looked so peaceful, but he could sense her turmoil even in sleep. How long would it be before she regained the sparkle in her big blue eyes? Would she ever? Humans were such fragile creatures after all.
 
No doubt his life was about to become much more difficult, with this onna by his side. Her duty to the Shikon Jewel was still lingering in his mind. Her pure heart had been tainted by Naraku's cruelty. Did that release her from her obligation? For some reason he very much doubted that she would snub her duty to recover the shards, which meant that he would be forced to aid her search. Another task to add to his growing list.
 
He could feel her warm breath caressing his neck, and he leaned into her, savoring the feel of it. She needed him and that was all that really mattered.
 
~~~***~~~
 
Naraku was absolutely giddy with power. The suffering of his prey was feeding his dark soul. Although he had been a bit angry when the miko interfered, stopping the fight before it ever occurred, it had all been worth it in the end. The look on Inuyasha's face when the taiyoukai refused to hand her over was one that would give him pleasant dreams for months to come. The true joy came when the miko let it be known that she did not <i>want</i> to leave Sesshomaru. It was enough to make his member twitch to life.
 
It was obvious that the shard hunters were more than distraught over their discovery, and Naraku planned to exploit every single minute of it. His saimyoshou would be his eyes as he watched their pain grow by the hour, and there was such fun to be had in the coming days. The taunting of his enemies would be endless and unmerciful.
 
Naraku was well pleased.
 
~~~***~~~
 
A/N: Hope you all enjoyed!
 
 
 
1
 
 
7