InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Love ❯ Chapter 8 – Naraku Pays a Visit ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 8 - Naraku Pays a Visit
 
 
~~~***~~~
 
“Well Inuyasha, what do we do now?” Miroku asked as though he were still in a daze.
 
“Shut up monk. I'm thinking!” Inuyasha spat.
 
“Well that's new.” Shippo murmured through the occasional sniffle.
 
“Why you little runt!” Inuyasha growled, but Shippo immediately let out a frightened `eek' and jumped to Sango's shoulder.
 
Sango was just short of losing it. Her best friend; the closest thing to a sister that she had, was just found in a filthy dungeon, beaten, bruised and raped mercilessly by their arch enemy. After finally finding her, she is taken again. This time by Sesshomaru, and the true oddity of it was that Kagome had gone with him voluntarily. She did not even look at them. Did not even lift her eyes to her rescuers. Kagome needed her friends. She needed them.
 
And they needed her.
 
“We have to go after Sesshomaru,” Sango said with firm resignation in her voice.
 
Inuyasha turned on Sango angrily. “What do you mean? Didn't you see how she acted? She doesn't want us! She has chosen to be with HIM!”
 
“Inuyasha you are such a baka! How can you say that?! She's been through hell! She isn't thinking clearly. She's hurt and confused. Do not confuse her actions!” Sango shouted back defensively.
 
Inuyasha growled and cracked his knuckles before taking a swing at a defenseless tree bringing it crashing to the ground. Miroku decided that this was getting out of hand. It was time for a calm reasonable voice. “Listen, both of you. Sango is right, but so is Inuyasha.” His companions glared at him with menace in their eyes. He held up his hands in a calming manner. “Just hear me out. It is true that Kagome has been through a terrible trauma. She is hurt and confused. She has also chosen to go with Lord Sesshomaru.” He sighed deeply and continued. “It is obvious that Kagome has suffered greatly at the hands of Naraku, and Sesshomaru has been her link to sanity. To split them up now could be the catalyst that brings her currently fragile state of mind crashing down. Perhaps it is best to give the two some time. Given a few days, Kagome will surely see that we only have her best interests at heart.”
 
“Yea right. And Naraku is the Easter Bunny,” Inuyasha ground out sarcastically.
 
“What is this Easter... Bunny, Inuyasha?” Miroku asked curiously.
 
“Feh! Just something stupid that Kagome says.” Inuyasha replied with a bite in his voice. He stomped over and snatched Shippo from Sango's shoulder. Shippo squealed, expecting a rough knock on his head. “Listen up brat. Looks like Kagome's gonna be away for awhile.” His voice softened a bit, taking on a slight note of despair. “You stick with me. That way you stay in one piece until she comes back.”
 
Shippo was surprised to say the least. He had expected to get pounded, but Inuyasha was offering his personal protection. It was clear that this situation with Kagome was very unsettling to the hanyou.
 
Inuyasha looked around, taking in the abandoned castle of Naraku. The place was eerily quiet, and gave him the damn creeps. “Let's get the hell out of here.” Inuyasha decreed.
 
“I agree. This place reeks of fading evil. Let us be off.” Miroku said as he joined the others.
 
~~~***~~~
 
Nuraku watched through his saimyoshou. It was all too amusing really. Inuyasha was at a loss as to how to proceed. It was clear that the hanyou was barely keeping it together. The only thing that could make this better would be to have the ability to read Inuyasha's mind. Oh the pain and anguish that must be running rampant in there. To know it would bring such pleasure.
 
Perhaps he would pay a personal visit to Inuyasha later in the evening. It would prove most interesting to prod the boy with his own personal knowledge of what had occurred to his dear sweet Kagome. A few carefully planted words telling Inuyasha of what his brother had done to the girl would prove quite the entertainment. How would Inuyasha take hearing first hand of how Sesshomaru had fucked her into unconsciousness?
 
A low chuckle escaped him. No doubt Inuyasha would be tormented with these thoughts for some time.
 
~~~***~~~
 
Inuyasha made his way through the forest, pushing aside the thick undergrowth, and slicing through the bramble. `Why Kagome? Why would you go with Sesshomaru? After all that you've suffered, can't you see that he was a part of it all? Can't you see how much you mean to me? How could you do this? How could you choose him over me?' He swiped at a small tree trunk sending it hurling to the ground before he stomped over the fallen log. He could hear his companions walking silently behind him, carefully dodging flying debris.
 
This he never expected. He was totally unprepared for this. Sure, he knew Kagome was in great peril when she went missing. He knew what dangers would await a pretty young girl in the hands of vermin such as Naraku, but nothing had prepared him for this. His own brother had taken HIS Kagome. His own brother had taken the girl that he loved.
 
It was obvious that Naraku wasn't the only one that had violated Kagome. He could smell Sesshomaru's scent all over her. It was disgusting. Just the thought of Sesshomaru doing THAT to his Kagome made him want to kill something. A low growl vibrated from his chest and he clenched his hands with pent up fury. `Why? Why then would she go with him?' What the hell had happened back there? What had happened to Kagome that would make her turn her back on those who loved her?
 
Then there was Sesshomaru. He was acting really off kilter. The bastard was totally out of character. Sesshomaru would never fuck a human bitch willingly. Would he? Well it was obvious that he had fucked Kagome. Inuyasha reached out and slapped his claws through another tree trunk, which fell to the ground with a booming crash. Even if Sesshomaru had been forced to rut with Kagome, it made no sense why he would take her with him. `What the hell is Sesshomaru doing?'
 
It took everything in his being not to turn around and hunt Sesshomaru down and take Kagome back. Her own words were the only thing stopping him. It ripped through his heart like a serrated blade, knowing that she pushed him away in favor of Sesshomaru. After all they had been through. How could she do this?
 
Naraku watched the progression of Inuyasha and gang through the dense forest. The hanyou was ripping through the growth with fire in his amber eyes. He could almost feel his anger. Tree after tree came crashing down under the boys' claws, making it very obvious that Inuyasha was enraged with the way things had turned out.
 
It wasn't enough though. Just watching from afar. He wanted to hear his enemies, and smell their fears. This was not how he wanted to experience this after all. He wanted to be there. “Kanna. You will come with me. I have need to pay Inuyasha a visit.”
 
“Yes master,” was the child's soft lifeless reply.
 
In minutes Naraku and Kanna were making their way across the lands to search out Inuyasha. In minutes he would smell the boys anger. See it for himself. Already he could feel the powerful pulse of the tainted jewel. The closer he got the more it flared to life. The sorrow and terror emitting from the group of travelers was lending him strength. It crawled through his mind, slinking down his spine, pooling in his lungs and running into his loins. Flowing like a tsunami it rushed through his veins before wrapping around his heart where it enveloped the black organ with its evil love.
 
“Mmmm.... what a lovely day. Don't you agree Kanna?” Naraku said wistfully. He received no answer from his child-like minion, but he did not expect one either. Kanna was a quiet spirit, and he rather liked her like that.
 
With the stealth of a snake, Naraku and his demonic child slithered through the forest until they found the prey that he sought. Inuyasha and his companions were stopping for the night, and in the process of setting up camp. The monk was currently in the process of building a small fire, while the fox child ran about searching for dry wood. The slayer was preparing food for them all while the hanyou sat at the base of a tree apparently deep in thought.
 
Though his masking spell was strong, Naraku was careful to keep down wind of his enemies. The inu's nose was very sensitive, especially to him. From his close proximity he could feel the swirling tumultuous emotions pelting him with a sensual caress. Though Inuyasha appeared to be calm on the outside he was a raging storm of discord beneath it all.
 
Inuyasha was deep in thought with eyes closed to those around him. Over an over it played in his mind. Coming upon Naraku. Listening to him spout filth about Kagome. Finding her with Sesshomaru. The Kami awful smell of Naraku and Sesshomaru's seed covering her small battered body. What could he have done differently? What could he have done to make things turn out right?
 
It was driving him mad. The knowledge that he failed her. It was his fault after all. If he had been a better guardian, then none of this would have ever happened. Kagome would never have been captured and Naraku would have never defiled her in such a horrible way. Sesshomaru would have rotted in that dungeon like he deserved and everything would have been fine.
 
Kagome would still be his. She would still love him. Still want only him.
 
“Kukuku... Why Inuyasha, one would think that you would not have given up so easily on your miko.”
 
Without thought, Inuyasha Miroku and Sango grabbed their weapons and readied themselves for battle. Inuyasha growled, and his eyes flashed red. “Naraku, you filthy beast. I'll kill you for what you've done to Kagome!”
 
“What <i>I</i> have done to her? Do you not mean, what your <i>brother</i> has done to her? I must admit the taiyoukai is a vigorous lover.” Naraku chided with wicked laughter.
 
Sango was scared, but more importantly she was furious. `How dare that scum come here to gloat over harming Kagome?!' She looked to his side where the demon child Kanna stood holding her demonolatry mirror up for them to see. It was clear the threat that she posed. Kagome was not here to fight off Kanna's soul sucking powers and even Inuyasha's wind scar would be sent back to them. It was too risky.
 
Inuyasha was bursting at the seems to slice and dice that bastard into tiny chunks. Had Kanna not been there he would have done just that. “You fucking bastard! What the hell do you want anyway? Haven't you done enough damage for the day?!”
 
“Now, now Inuyasha. I have only come to see that you are properly informed of the insult that you brother has dealt you. I will admit that it was somewhat invigorating to watch the taiyoukai bury his big stiff cock inside of your little miko. Have you ever heard her scream in passion? It is simply heaven to the ears.” Naraku smirked with a gleam of remembrance in his crimson eyes.
 
The effect was more than he had hoped for. The impact of Inuyasha's fury and grief hit him like a powerful orgasm. His entire body shuddered from the storm of emotion emanating from the inuhanyou. It was all that he could do to maintain his stance in the tree.
 
Red burning rage. Scalding Fury, and molten hatred. Nothing mattered except seeing Naraku dead. Nothing mattered except shutting his vile mouth up for good. “WIND SCAR!!!” The blast hurled forth from Tetsusaiga toward the baboon clad form of Naraku, but the blast was blocked by his bizarre minion, Kanna, and reflected back on him. It happened so fast that thinking was not an option. He reacted out of experience and skill, barely avoiding the full blast of his own blade. The scorching strength of his attack ripped over his right thigh, tearing through skin and muscle. He bit back the scream of pain as he fell to his only good knee, but in a flash he made ready to strike again. He would not die by the likes of Naraku. He would not die until he had destroyed that plague upon Japan.
 
“Miroku! Inuyasha!” Sango and Shippo cried. They had barely escaped being blindsided by the wind scar themselves. Miroku was coming back to consciousness behind them. He was knocked out for a moment as he leapt to shield them with his body. Sango breathed a sigh of relief when she heard the monk groan behind her. At least he was not dead.
 
Inuyasha was injured now. She could see the gaping wound clearly, and he was losing a lot of blood. Where was Naraku? She looked around, quickly trying to ascertain the position of the enemy. `There' She spotted white in the trees to the right. He was laughing! That piece of filth was simply laughing at them! “HIRAIKOTSU!!!” she yelled as she released her weapon. Without a second thought she snatched Shippo and leapt to the back of Kirara. “GO!!!” She yelled, and the giant feline took to the air with a roar.
 
The gleaming white boomerang was pushed away, just as the wind scar, and hurled back to its master, but Sango had been in this position before. She was not there to be struck by her own weapon, she was approaching the enemy from behind. Her katana slid out of the sheath. “Naraku you filthy bastard!” ::WHOOSH:: The fire neko swooped down and Sango swiped through the air with her shining blade.
 
Naraku was fast, just barely dodging the unexpected move by the taijiya. His pelt suffered a terrible gash, however and this infuriated him. “You will pay for that slayer! Kanna! Take her soul!”
 
The mirror turned and the reflection caught her eye before she could register the source of flashing light. Her attempt to look away was fruitless. She was already caught in the trap. Even Kirara's attempt to divert her from the direct line of visual sight was too late. Already Sango could feel her soul escaping, leaving her. She gasped for breath. It felt like someone big and strong had just punched her in the gut. She tried to cry out, but nothing happened. The wind on her face felt strange and unreal. Everything was fading.
 
“WIND TUNNEL!!!!” Miroku screamed as he snatched the beads from his hand. The overwhelming power of the Kazaana began pulling in everything in its path. Saimyoshou poured from the trees yet still he held on. Boulders, earth and forest alike rushed toward the houshi with awesome force before disappearing into the void of his hand. One thing and one thing only stood out in his mind. Save Sango!
 
It was getting too dangerous for his tastes. “Kanna. We will take our leave.” Safe inside of his barrier, he and Kanna quickly departed, leaving the houshi to suck up nothing but the wealth of mother nature. “Did you get the slayer?”
 
Kanna looked down into her mirror before replying. “Only a small amount was not taken.”
 
“No matter. I will have them all eventually,” Naraku seethed.
 
With the last of his strength Miroku bound his Kazaana within the power of the prayer beads, then fell hard to the ground.
 
Amidst the dust and rubble, Kirara landed and cringed as her mistress slid helplessly from her back to a heap on the ground. Shippo was scared witless. Everyone was injured and he had no idea what to do! He jumped from Kirara and knelt beside of Sango. She was alive, but barely. Each breath that she pulled was a struggle against her weakened body. Her coloring was so pale that she looked like a ghost. “Sango! Sango! Please wake up. I need you!” Shippo cried as he shook her arm uselessly. Kirara transformed to her miniature version and curled up with a concerned `mew' by her mistress.
 
“Sh... Shippo...”
 
Shippo jumped up and looked around. “Inuyasha!” He ran to his hanyou leader. “Inuyasha! Kami you look awful!”
 
“Gee... thanks runt. Is... is Sango...” Inuyasha asked through clenched teeth.
 
“She's still alive, but... ::sniff:: ... barely. Kanna was taking her soul. Inuyasha we have to get it back or... or... she...” He couldn't finish. First he lost Kagome, and now Sango! It was just too much and he couldn't hold back the flood of tears.
 
Inuyasha was gritting his teeth against the sharp burning pain in his thigh. It was the worst of his wounds, but he knew there were more. Things were not looking so good for them right now. They were basically open for attack by anyone that came across them. Shippo was just a kid and he was not handling this well at all. “Shippo. Pull it together why don't ya. We have to get moved to a safer place.” He bit back a groan as he shifted his leg. It was broken. He was sure of it. “Where's Miroku?”
 
Shippo looked around until he spotted the fallen houshi. “There he is! Miroku!” Shippo yelled as he raced off to check on the monk. At first he feared the worst. Miroku was down and unresponsive. On closer inspection he found that he was indeed alive, but perspiring with fever from the saimyoshou's poison. Shippo ran back to Inuyasha. “He's been poisoned by the insects!”
 
Inuyasha growled. “Stupid monk. Damn. Of all the baka things to do...” He tried to push the pain back. “Listen Shippo. We are sitting ducks here. Go find Kagome's bag and bring it to me.” In minutes Shippo returned with the yellow backpack. Inuyasha dug through it until he found the first aid kit. He pulled out the anti-venom that Kagome kept and handed it to Shippo. “Go give this... to Miroku while I... fix... my leg up. Then we gotta get out of here. Find a cave or something.”
 
“Ok Inuyasha!” Shippo declared as he raced off to administer the medicine to Miroku.
 
Inuyasha pulled himself up then scooted back to the tree behind him. He braced himself before pulling out the items that he needed to fix himself up. One look at the massive wound on his thigh was enough to curse in several languages. He needed it stitched. Fuck. He snatched up a couple of broken limbs nearby and began to wrap the gauze. It seemed like forever before he was done, but finally he had managed to bring the bleeding to a minimum and rig up a makeshift splint. It would have to do for now. “Shippo!”
 
In minutes Shippo appeared by his side. “Yeah Inuyasha?” the fox asked with worry.
 
“How's Miroku and Sango?” Inuyasha asked. His voice was taxed and he was growing weak.
 
Shippo glanced over his shoulder toward his fallen friends. “Sango is just lying there. It's scary Inuyasha. Miroku's hanging on. I gave him the medicine from Kagome's time.”
 
Inuyasha grunted then said, “Shippo we gotta get them onto Kirara. She can take them someplace safe, then come back for me.” He pulled Tetsusaiga around and leaned hard on the sword as he pulled himself up. It took most of his strength just to get up, but he refused to let Shippo know the real pain he was in. It seemed like forever before he finally half hobbled, half crawled, over to Miroku. The monk was pale and soaked in sweat. His black mane of hair was drenched and clinging to his face, and his eyes looked glazed and unfocused.
 
“Miroku. You baka houshi. What the hell was you thinking sucking in those damned insects? Now look what you've gone and done.” Inuyasha chastised his friend roughly. It pained him to see his good friend in such bad shape. Across the way he could see Sango lying as one dead. He could not even see the rise and fall of her chest. His hearing just could pick up her labored breaths.
 
Miroku moaned and closed his eyes. “I... couldn't let them... take Sango... from... me.”
 
“Damn. Just shut up and let me help you onto Kirara. We've gotta get outta here before Naraku decides to come back and finish us off,” Inuyasha grumbled as he bit down hard before trying to pull the man onto the big cat's back. Kirara lay next them, waiting for the injured crew to deposit their friends. Once they had Miroku sprawled over her back she stood and walked over to Sango.
 
Inuyasha followed using the two-tail to steady himself as he made his way to Sango. `Fuck!' Kami she looked bad. He feared that she may not survive. Her pallor was ghostly and her breathing was shallow. He could barely make out the labored beating of her heart. With a heavy curse on their damned bad luck, the hanyou kneeled by her side. Carefully he lifted her onto Kirara's back. “Kirara, I'm counting on you to find someplace safe for us to rest. Shippo will go with you and help get them settled while you come back for me.”
 
The big cat growled her understanding and jumped into the sky. Shippo looked back and waved sadly as they faded from sight. Kami he hurt all over. Inuyasha groaned as he dropped down to the ground. He couldn't move another step so he decided to wait right there until Kirara's return. He stretched his leg out and took a look. The bandages were already covered in blood. `Damn!'
 
He leaned back and closed his eyes. He just needed to rest for a moment or two.
 
~~~***~~~
 
A/N: Poor Inuyasha. If only Kagome were there to help. Next chapter... we go back to check in with the taiyoukai and miko!
 
 
 
1
 
 
1