InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Love ❯ Chapter 9 – Making it Official ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 9 - Making it Official
 
 
~~~***~~~
 
The soothing sounds of the bubbling water around them calmed his mind and body. His soul, however was still raging against the injustices forced upon the woman he held so gently in his arms. She was so weak that she could not hold her head up, and instead lay limply against his broad chest. He held her closely; lying across his lap as he lightly splashed the hot water over her soft flesh. The crushed herbs served to clean and leave a lingering fresh smell behind. It was not as pleasing as Kagome's natural scent, but would be adequate for lack of anything better.
 
Her hair danced in the steaming water and he moved his claws through it tenderly, removing any grime from the dark tresses. She moaned softly and Sesshomaru traced her cheekbone with his clawed fingertip. “So lovely,” he murmured almost to himself.
 
“It's not nice to lie,” Kagome replied in a soft strained voice.
 
“This Sesshomaru has no need of lies woman,” he stated matter-of-factly.
 
Kagome grunted slightly, but made no reply. She just didn't have the energy to argue the obvious. She had no doubt a bout her appearance. She had always been bland, unnoticeable. Not ugly, but certainly not beautiful. Especially now. Even with half closed eyes she could see the pale color of her skin and the dark contrasting bruises covering her thighs. The way her body hurt she was sure that there were plenty more on the rest of her to match. Between her legs hurt the most, and she wondered if she would ever feel right again? She peered through slits in her lashes at the picture of perfection carefully washing her with such slow gentleness. His golden eyes traced her body as if mapping the location of each and every imperfection. It made her feel self-conscious, and she wished that he would stop staring at her altogether.
 
Why was he doing this anyway? Why did he act as if she were worth his time? Someone like her, just used up trash. Her heart was so scarred and filled with hate that she felt like the ugliest person on the face of the Earth. Yet Sesshomaru never once made any comment that would either confirm or deny her self-appraisal. He was so beautiful, in the mist rising from the hot spring, like a magical apparition come to bring her salvation.
 
With his task complete Sesshomaru stood and let the access water run down their bodies as he moved to step out of the rippling pool. In minutes he brought her inside the hut situated just within the forest nearby. He lowered her to the futon there and pulled several soft furs over her naked body. “Rest now, Kagome. I will return with something for you to eat shortly.”
 
Kagome almost called out for him not to leave her. She felt such a terrifying bolt of fear rush over her at the thought of him being out of her reach. What if he left her and never returned? “You.... you promise to come back?” Her voice shook as she asked the question that would not remain un-asked. It was as if her entire life depended on his assurance.
 
Sesshomaru grunted at her foolishness. Had he not told her that he would return? Did she not trust him to speak the truth? Even as these thoughts bombarded his mind he reminded himself of her condition. The human mind was a fragile thing, and her mind had been greatly abused as of late. She was sure to feel frightened and distrusting. Patience and gentleness would be the key to bringing his mate back to good mental health. He would save his frustrations for Naraku.
 
Sesshomaru slipped on the old hakama and returned to her side. Kneeling down on one knee he reached out and drew her hair back from her face. Her large eyes shined with fear, and it shook him with rage, though he was careful not to expose it. He sought to reassure her. She was his to care for now, and he would never abandon his duty. “Nothing but death would keep me from you,” he replied softly as he looked truthfully into her eyes.
 
His words sent waves of comfort over her. She nodded and collapsed completely on the bedding. In minutes she was fast asleep. Sesshomaru stood, taking one last look at her and stepped out of the hut. He looked around, listening with intense hearing, and sniffing the air lightly, taking in the surrounding scents. All was clear here. No threat loomed anywhere near his little hut. This place was well marked as his property, and few would be foolish enough to step foot beyond the boundaries he made.
 
In seconds he took to the air in a glowing ball of blue light.
 
Above the forest, over the cliffs and hills, faster and faster he sped, toward his domain. Soon he spotted the waving flags bearing his family crest at the entrance to his palace courtyard. He landed outside of his personal chambers and quickly made his way inside. He pulled out a new set of clothing and donned his spare suit of armor. Once that was taken care of he slide the shoji screen door open and stepped into the hallway. Almost immediately a squawking kappa and a deliriously giddy human child bombarded him.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama!!!” They chimed in unison, coming just short of running him over. He graced Rin with an affectionate pat on the head. “Have you fared well, Rin?” She beamed a huge smile at him and said, “Hai, Lord Sesshomaru, I have been very well. I am so happy that you have returned to us safely.” Sesshomaru patted her again, and then turned to Jaken who seemed very close to tears of sheer joy. At times the toads loyalty was a bit on the obsessive side. Sesshomaru ignored it as he normally did, and gave his orders. “Jaken, you will send a messenger to the Shadow Clan. Have them send out a team to scour the land for signs of Naraku.”
 
Jaken was shocked and clearly showed it. “But... but Master, you told me yourself that the Shadow clan were beneath your alliance.” Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes. Yes, he had said just that, and normally he would never enter into a partnership with the shifty creatures, but he was beyond trivial worries. He wanted Naraku, and he wanted him now. “Go. Now.” Jaken scurried away issuing a bevy of apologies that fell upon deaf ears, as Sesshomaru had already turned to seek out a suitable change of clothing for Kagome. Rin kept up pace right behind him, happily chattering on about various subjects that meant absolutely nothing to him what-so-ever. Sesshomaru listened patiently, appearing to be attentive, when he was actually planning his next move against Naraku.
 
In a matter of minutes, he had acquired two changes of clothing and one sleeping kimono from his housemaid. The old female inu gave him a strange look upon his request, but knew better than to question her lord. Rin, however, was another matter altogether. “Why do you need ladies clothing Lord Sesshomaru?” He stopped for a moment, to decide what he should reveal and what he shouldn't. For now, he wanted to keep Kagome's identity a secret. At least until she was healed enough to return to the palace. “Can you keep a secret, Rin?” Of course the child shook her head vigorously, affirming her allegiance to her master. “I have taken a mate, but she has suffered injury. I am returning to the place where she heals.”
 
Rin's face turned into a burning ray of sunshine, which did not surprise him in the least. The girl worshiped the ground that he strode upon, and this would be a huge excitement for her young mind. She clapped her hands together fiercely and jumped about in her silly way. Her childish antics always intrigued him.
 
“What is her name, Lord Sesshomaru? How did she become injured? Will she be alright? When can I meet her?” The child blasted him with a continuous stream of questions, none of which he was prepared to answer at the moment. He waited for her to stop her giddy banter and said, “You will meet her soon. Good-bye Rin.”
 
Rin nodded and waved good-bye as she watched her protector make his way to the outer doors of the palace. She could hardly believe her ears! Lord Sesshomaru had taken a mate! Wait until Jaken found out! He was sure to be overwhelmed and pass out from the news. She could see him crashing to the floor even now, but then she stopped. Sesshomaru-sama said that it was a secret. Does that mean it is a secret from Jaken as well? Normally anything Sesshomaru-sama told her, he also told Jaken, but he had not told her that she could tell Jaken. With a deep sigh, Rin decided that it would be best not to tell Jaken, just in case Sesshomaru-sama did not want him to know.
 
In minutes Jaken returned and asked where Sesshomaru had gone. Rin told him that he just left and the kappa youkai swooned in his grief. “Lord Sesshomaru! Why do you leave this faithful servant behind?!”
 
The hut lay ahead, and Sesshomaru landed gracefully at the door. He was glad that he kept places like this scattered about his territory. It had given him refuge on more than one occasion during the downpour of a tropical storm, and it was always a comfort to Rin who sometimes needed shelter for the night.
 
Once inside he lay the clothing aside and pulled the tiny jar of herbal paste from his obi. He would apply some of the healing substance to her wounds when she awoke. For now he would hunt .
 
The smell of roasting meat pulled her from the darkness back into the cruel world. Kagome groaned and rubbed the back of her hand over her eyes. Sesshomaru then stepped through the grass mat door, wearing his regal attire. He looked every bit the prince that he was. Again she wondered at his reasons for coming back to her, for surely she was unworthy of his care.
 
She was awake, and she quickly went to her side. “How are you feeling?” He asked as he reached for the small jar. Kagome mumbled something incomprehensible as she tried to sit up. He moved to her side and gently pressed her back into the furs. “Stay where you are. I have something for your wounds.” Kagome did as he instructed and lay back. She inwardly flinched when he pulled the layers of warm furs away to expose her body to his sight. She wished that he did not ever have to see her like this. It was humiliating; knowing that Sesshomaru had been witness to her torment. She could hardly look him in the eye. How would she ever face Inuyasha and the others?
 
Sesshomaru sensed her reservations at exposing her body to him, and sought to reassure her somewhat. “You have nothing to fear from me, Kagome.” She blushed furiously and turned away. In her melodic feminine voice she said, “I know that you would never hurt me like that, Sesshomaru. It's just that.... I feel... so dirty.” With a heavy sigh, the taiyoukai lowered himself to a comfortable position beside her. “Roll over, so that I can tend the wounds on your back.” He waited until she was settled once more and began to gently smear the past over the remaining wounds on her back and bottom. As he did this he spoke soothingly to her. “You are now my mate, Kagome. You have no reason to blame yourself for what has been done to you. As your mate, I will take revenge upon those who have wronged you.”
 
Kagome gasped and grabbed his wrist. “I don't want you to go near him. Please! He could hurt you again! Even kill you!” Sesshomaru looked at her in surprise. She was genuinely afraid for his well being. “Calm yourself woman. This Sesshomaru will not so easily fall a second time to Naraku's trickery. Have faith in your mate.”
 
She stared at him. Her mate. It seemed so unreal. She was now mated to Sesshomaru, taiyoukai of the West. Things would never be the same for her. “Nothing will ever be the same again, will it?”
 
Sesshomaru paused in his ministrations and answered as truthfully as he could. “The world is an ever changing place, Kagome. Nothing ever stays the same.”
 
She accepted his answer, and knew in her heart that what he said was true, but still it... hurt. It hurt to know that these memories would never leave her. That she could never forget the terrible things that happened to her. When she faced her friends back home or her family, she would know, even if they didn't. It was something that would scar her for the rest of her life.
 
He watched her expression, recognizing her acceptance, but also felt the hurt radiating off of her. For one so pure and innocent in the world Naraku had done her a vast injustice. “There is an old proverb. What does not kill us, makes us stronger.” He wished that he could take it all away from her, but it was not in his power to do so. All he could do was offer comfort.
 
She had heard that proverb before. It was one of many that her grandfather seemed overly fond of. Although she heard it several times in her life it never really meant much until now. She was faced with losing her sanity over this whole thing. Living with this nightmare each day of her life could very well drive her mad. If that were to happen, then... Naraku would have won after all.
 
Kagome tensed upon thinking of that outcome. After all the hell that bastard put her through, would she let him win? Would she let him laugh at her after she was reduced to a blubbering, self-hating, mess? Was that how her story was to end?
 
No.
 
No. No. No. No.!
 
She would not let Naraku beat her. She would not let the bastard get away with what he had done to her! She owed it to herself, to her mother, to her friends, and most of all, to Sesshomaru, to destroy that scourge from the face of the Earth! She would survive this, and revenge would be her fuel.
 
The broken shell of a miko before him suddenly took on renewed life. It was most amazing watching her resolve form before his very eyes. Her lovely face was like an open book to him and he could actually read her through her very expressions. The miko Kagome was coming home to him. The strong willed young woman who faced him, the most powerful taiyoukai in all of Japan, was beginning to resurface.
 
Perhaps there was hope for his little mate after all.
 
Kagome pulled herself up and clenched her fists. Through tightly drawn lips she swore, “He will not beat me. I will not let him beat me. When this is over his evil WILL NOT outshine the light!”
 
On bended knee, Sesshomaru crouched in front of his fiery woman. Human or not, no one could ever say that this woman before him was not worthy of his loyalty, for who else could, or would, push aside their own suffering so soon after such a shattering tragedy, in order to stamp out evil from the face of the Earth?
 
Only Kagome.
 
With little thought to anything else Sesshomaru pulled Kagome into his embrace. Passionately he branded her lips with his own, savoring her moist sweetness. Her fleshy tongue softly tested his own as he drove his searching flesh into her warm cavern. His mate was vigorously responding to his lustful praise and it sent shivers of desire racing through his hard body.
 
Kagome moaned softly into his plundering mouth and he felt his cock thicken with hot blood. They moved against one another in a frantic beat, consuming the waves of pleasure that they each shared. His armor and clothing fell carelessly to the floor. Always careful of her worst injuries, Sesshomaru traced his clawed hand over her lush curves. Grasping a full soft breast, he flicked the tender nipple and pulled until it swelled hard between his fingers. Her lustful moans filled his ears and made his heart pound in his chest with desire.
 
He kissed and traced her neck with hungry caresses from his mouth, nipping with sharp fangs seeking to bring pleasure to his bitch. His hips thrust against her thigh of their own accord, seeking to relieve the pressure building so strongly in his manhood. Thoughts of her tight, moist, hot passage clenching him, milking him, invaded his mind and he slowly dipped a long finger into her burning core. Kagome called out his name under the erotic invasion, firing his need all the more. “My bitch...” He murmured against her slender neck as he worshiped her tender flesh.
 
Sounds of erratic breathing filled the small hut as demon and miko pressed flesh against flesh in a dance as old as time itself. “Take me Sesshomaru... I give myself to you... freely.” Kagome whispered into his mouth, and golden eyes rolled back in sheer pleasure.
 
His mate wanted him and he would not fail her. Moving swiftly and carefully the big taiyoukai positioned himself over his tiny human mate. Long shining white hair fell about his shoulders and tickled her soft skin. Her huge blue eyes locked with his fierce gold. “Please Sesshomaru, give it to me! Please!”
 
He swept down capturing her lips in another hungry kiss as he buried his long thick length deep inside of her. She cried out and he devoured the sound of it into his hungry mouth. Her tiny hands traced fiery paths over his taught muscles, and he groaned as her hot moisture wrapped his throbbing member tightly. Through panting breaths he pulled out and rammed himself back into her clenching sheath. He watched her face as it contorted in pleasure while her insignificant little claws scraped at his pale flesh.
 
“So... fucking.... tight...,” he grunted as his face reflected his body's true pleasure. His powerful thrusting hips slammed his hard length into her hot core at an unrelenting rate. It took great strength of will to hold back on his release as it fought to be freed from his heavy sacs slapping against her ass.
 
He could feel her muscles squeezing him hard and he knew her end would come soon. He watched in obsessed fascination as she threw her raven head back and screamed to the heavens as her climax rocked her soul. Sesshomaru could hold back no more as she writhed about wildly beneath him. With one last powerful thrust his seed spilled deep into her womb. His roar of conquest filled the forest before he fell down to sink his fangs into her shoulder, marking her as his forever more.
 
 
1
 
 
1