InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Love ❯ Chapter 10 – While Finding Friends ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 10 - While Finding Friends
 
 
~~~***~~~
 
Kagome awoke with a start. She sat straight up, immediately wide awake and her heart was pounding furiously in her chest. She frantically looked around, finding that she was still in the small hut and Sesshomaru was by her side looking at her with concern deep in his golden eyes.
 
The dream had been so real.
 
Too real.
 
She grabbed up his hand and held it against her chest, trying to calm herself enough to think straight. The dream was vivid and had taken her very breath away.
 
Sango.
 
In her dream, Sango was calling out to her, but every time she got close her the image became inconstant. She would wisp away like soft tendrils of smoke left hanging in the air.
 
Something was wrong.
 
Kagome felt deep in her heart that the dream meant something. It was not an ordinary dream at all, it was a message. Something that pulled her mind from a deep sleep and called upon her to respond. She was needed. Her friend needed her and she would not fail her. She had already failed in too many things. “Sesshomaru, I must go to Sango. Something terrible has happened,” Kagome breathed. Her body was tense; ready to spring.
 
Sesshomaru sat up and pulled her warmth against his hard chest. He nuzzled his chin against the top of her mussed hair. “It was merely a dream, Kagome. You must calm down.”
 
“No Sesshomaru. It was more than a dream. I <i>know</i> that something is wrong. She called to me over and over for help. I know that she needs me!” She twisted in his arms and looked up to him with huge pleading eyes. How could he resist those eyes? He wanted her to stay put in the hut for awhile longer to recover a bit more from her terrifying ordeal. He was not concerned with the taijiya or anyone else at the moment. His only concern was for his mate and her health, both physical and mental. He looked away and considered her request. Was it simply unfounded fears? She was a strong priestess, and held many powers, some obviously still unknown to her. Could this be some sort of gift of sight? When he looked back down and met those blue eyes, he really could not deny her a thing. Besides, curiosity was getting the better of him. It would be interesting to discover if she indeed were right.
 
“Hai. We will go find your friend,” He smoothed back her hair and kissed the velvet soft skin of her forehead. He traced a path of gentle kissed down her cheek and to her neck until he met the mark on her shoulder signifying her position as his mate. He kissed it and licked it with his tongue until she moaned softly in pleasure. His body hardened instantly and he wanted nothing more than to take her beneath him once more, but he could tell that her mind was distracted with worry over the slayer. Sesshomaru wanted nothing to distract his mate during his attentions, so he decided to pull away, for which she made a tiny whimper of protest. “Come Kagome. Let us prepare for the journey.”
 
In no time at all she was walking along beside her mate and munching on some fresh cherries. Kagome was actually surprise how hungry she had been this morning. Her appetite was growing and that was a good thing, since she had lost so much weight while in captivity. She glanced over to Sesshomaru who seemed to flow along beside her. His long beautiful hair danced rhythmically behind him with every step. He looked ahead, and appeared to be completely relaxed and unconcerned with the world around him, but she knew better. He was on full alert and constantly scanning the area for danger.
 
Sesshomaru glanced down to find Kagome staring up at him. She looked absolutely edible while devouring the ripe red cherries. Each time that she popped one into her warm mouth he hungered to taste her lips. He looked away before he lost control of the moment and swept her off her feet to taste her flesh. Would she forever affect him in such a way? He certainly hoped not, for it could be very hazardous to be so distracted by a woman.
 
Kagome smiled and turned back to the path ahead of them. Sesshomaru was not exactly the talkative type, but she liked being with him. Besides, she talked enough for the two of them. Suddenly he stopped and she turned to ask him what was wrong. That is when he bent over and plucked a pretty red flower from beside the road. She smiled at him as he stood up and gently placed it in her hair, neatly tucked behind her ear. It was such a sweet gesture. “Arigato,” she whispered with a blush on her cheeks. He traced her jaw line with his fingertips before turning back to the path. Kagome touched the flower gently and smiled again. Never in a million years would she have expected Sesshomaru to be like this.
 
Nothing had prepared her for the way he treated her. Their past had consisted of fighting <i>against</i> Inuyasha, and fighting <i>with</i> Inuyasha. She never really knew all that much about Sesshomaru other than that. He was always such an enigma, leaving them all wondering what lay behind the stoic mask of the taiyoukai. To hear Inuyasha tell it, Sesshomaru was nothing but a cold blooded human hating killer, but that just couldn't be true.
 
First of all he had spared their lives many times in the past when he could have easily taken the advantage and killed Inuyasha, or any one of them, for that matter. Then there was Rin. Such a sweet little girl, and very human. It was always a mystery why he kept her and why she stayed. The first time they met Rin it was a shock beyond compare. Inuyasha was beyond confused, and they often discussed it around the campfire at night. Maybe she could ask him now? “Sesshomaru, why does Rin travel with you?”
 
For a moment he made no reply, but after a shallow grunt he said, “I used Tenseiga, bringing her back from the dead. Now she is under my protection.” Kagome was amazed. He brought her back to life? A human child? “Why? I mean, why did you save her?” Again he paused before answering, as if searching for the right words. “She did not see the demon in me. She is pure of heart.” He turned his head to look at her. “Just as you are.”
 
Kagome smiled and grabbed his hand squeezing in affection. He raised an eyebrow, but made no move to pull away, and they walked like that for some time before coming to a clear stream where they stopped for a short rest. Sesshomaru perched himself beneath a tree, lounging in a relaxed manner while Kagome took a drink of water and rinsed her face.
 
They wasted no time there, however, because Kagome was really worried about Sango. Time and time again her mind traced over the steps of the dream. The more she thought about it the more she was sure that Sango needed her. Sango was calling out to her for help.
 
Several times Sesshomaru stopped and turned his pristine head about as he lightly sniffed the air. Kagome trusted him to lead the way, just as she trusted Inuyasha. As dog demons, they had an excellent sense of smell and Sesshomaru, no doubt had an even better nose than Inuyasha who was only half demon. They traveled through the forest silently side by side. Occasionally she would ask a question, or make a comment, about something that caught her eye, and he always answered her and never seemed to be bothered by her need to talk once in awhile.
 
She could grow to care deeply for him. More so than now. She knew that she felt strongly connected to him. Heck, they both shared a horrible experience together, and her feelings for him were highly dependent, but getting to know him was something that she looked forward to. So far he was perfect in every way. Gentle, caring, protective, and passionate. Everything that she could ask for and he had chosen her to be his mate. To belong to him in every way, forever. Well, at least until she died.
 
The thought of her future mortal demise caused her heart to catch. One day she would die, and he would go on. On to meet another woman to make his mate. Would he forget her? Would he be sad when she passed on?
 
“What are you thinking of, Kagome?” Sesshomaru asked. Her heart had suddenly sped up and he sensed her distress. He hoped that she was not thinking of Naraku again. Just the thought of her inner pain made his gut clench up. What she said, nearly made him stumble. And he never ever stumbled.
 
“Will you miss me when I die?” Her voice was small, merely a squeak.
 
Now what had possessed her to worry over that? She was such a strange woman. He stopped and looked at her curiously. She was always catching him off guard, and this was by far the furthermost thing from what he imagined was her concern. “Why do you ask such a thing? I will allow no one to harm you again.”
 
Kagome fidgeted about, looking at her feet. She was a little embarrassed now for asking him that, but it was too late to take it back. “I... was just thinking... you know, since I'm human and all, that one day I will die, and you will... live on.” She glanced up and met his gaze that pierced her very soul. He then stepped forward and pulled her to him before lowering his head to nip at his mark. Her breath caught in her throat and her knees turned to mush.
 
Sesshomaru wondered briefly how she would react to what he was about to tell her. Would she be angry? Frightened? Joyful? He hoped she would accept it easily. “Kagome, you need not dwell on such things. You are now my mate, carrying my mark upon your flesh. You're lifeline is now entwined with my own, and you will not die until I do.”
 
Kagome pulled away with wide staring eyes. Questioning. “Seriously?” He looked a bit offended when she asked that, but he answered her nonetheless. “Hn... this Sesshomaru has no need to lie.” Kagome was amazed! She wouldn't die of old age? She wouldn't grow old? How could this be? She shook her head, trying to accept his words gracefully, but it was such a shock. It was so unbelievable. How could he extend her life? “How?” She had to ask. It was almost too much to take in.
 
“The mark on your neck. Youkai mate for life. During mating the male emits special secretions and when he chooses a female for life he marks her, as I have you. The bite is more than a symbol. It is how he binds her to him for all time using the secretions.” He explained this in his usual stoic baritone.
 
Kagome was bewildered. The bite prolonged her life? Modern science would love to get a hold of that information. The proverbial fountain of youth, right in Sesshomaru's mouth. The thought brought about a slight giggle, which attracted her mate's attention. He looked at her curiously with his molten gold eyes, and Kagome wondered if she would ever grow tired of his unusual eyes? She seriously doubted it.
 
They traveled around the bend and Kagome yelped in excitement, completely distracted from their previous discussion. There ahead of her were bushes and bushes of ripe berries ready for the picking. In seconds she was scouring over the lush vegetation, popping the fullest, juiciest, of the sweet fruits into her mouth. Sesshomaru watched her run around like a child, enjoying herself. It made him feel a strange warmth deep inside that curved his lip just a fraction in pleasure. When she bent down to pick a few berries on the lower branches her long skirt rose up to give him a pleasant view of her shapely legs and the soft material tightened nicely around her firm round bottom.
 
The taiyoukai wondered what it was about his mate that could spawn such lust from him. In all his years he had never felt the pull to mate as often and fiercely as he did with Kagome. Her little derrière seemed to be calling to him as it bounced about and absently he slid his hand down to grasp his stiffening cock, giving it a hard rub. The throbbing ache was growing and he was never one to deny himself what he wanted, so he decided to explore the possibilities.
 
Kagome was thrilled with her newfound treasure. The berries were a rare treat, only found for a short time each year. They were so sweet that she was eating more than she was picking, but fully intending to gather some to take to Shippo. She stood back up and felt warm breath caressing her neck. A low deep thrumming noise vibrated at her back just before her mates' arms slipped around her waist to pull her firmly against the evidence of his arousal. She moaned as he thrust his hips against her, rubbing his length between them. His voice whispered over her ear. “Your body calls to me.”
 
Shivers raced over her body and all thoughts of fresh berries flitted out of her mind to be replaced by erotic images of making love to her taiyoukai. His hands traced fiery paths over her thighs and waist, causing her kimono to bunch revealing her soft skin for his touch. He buried his face in her hair reveling in the softness. Her mews of pleasure mingled with the scent of her growing arousal causing him to swell even more.
 
Kagome turned in his arms and looked up to Sesshomaru. It still bewildered her that he was so beautiful. He was almost too beautiful to be of this Earth. Passion filled his eyes as he visibly devoured her before wrapping his palm around the back of her head and pulling her into a passionate kiss. Kagome opened up for him, allowing him to control her, to dominate her moist tongue with his own. Her body was on fire for him and it moved restlessly rubbing against his own. Her hands worked feverishly to untie the leather straps to his armor. In seconds he discarded it allowing her full access to the expanse of his well defined chest and toned stomach through the thin silk. Even this sensual barrier was too much for her and she quickly worked to untie the golden obi at his waist. It fell to their feet and she slipped her hands inside to caress his bare flesh earning her a soft growl of approval.
 
His bestial nature was rising as they shared hungry kisses. Kagome untied the string to his hakama and slipped her hand inside to grasp his thick length in her palm. He thrust into her hand and growled against her soft neck. His fevered kisses over her exposed throat were alternated with gentle nips of his sharp fangs causing flames of sensations to envelop her. Kagome wanted to see him, to taste him and in seconds she slipped from his grasp earning her a sound of frustration that only lasted a moment. His eyes grew wide as he watched his lovely mate kneel between his legs. She looked up at him with hungry blue eyes before tracing the velvet tip with her tongue. He groaned and closed his eyes, as he turned his head to the heavens, savoring the exquisite feel of her moist warmth suckling his throbbing member.
 
Her mouth was over him pulling and sucking at his flesh while her playful tongue danced over his heavy weight and he thought that he might explode right then. He tangled his hands in her hair and looked down as she worked him into a frenzy. “That's so good... my Kagome. Yes.... suck me deep... into your hot mouth.”
 
His deep smooth voice always had such a powerful effect on her. It added to her experience and she felt her netherlips growing so wet that her juices were tracing a path down her inner thighs. Her hands were busy tracing feathery caresses over his tight buttocks and playfully over his dangling sac, but her own core was aching with such ferocity that she could hardly keep it up. The pleasurable pain drew one hand away, and she buried it in her moist dripping folds. Sesshomaru smelled the spike in her scent and it almost sent him to his knees.
 
He had to have her. He had to buy himself deep inside of her burning wet sheath. He thrust into her mouth causing her to gag and her throat tightened around him. He had to have more. Sesshomaru lifted her and gazed for a moment into her glistening blue eyes, filled with moisture from her bodily reflex. Her lips were swollen and rosy with evidence of her passionate loving of his staff. He pushed her back against a large oak and pulled her legs around his waist. She surprised him by pulling her fingers to his mouth. Her juices still glistened upon her fingertips and her scent invaded his mind. His eyes bled red as he took them into his mouth, carefully suckling her essence and savoring her taste.
 
Sesshomaru rubbed the tip of his sword against her tender entrance and Kagome moaned in readiness for his invasion. “Please... Sesshomaru.... please fill me. Fill me until I scream.” If possible, her words caused his throbbing member to swell even more and he wondered that it did not split from the pressure. He had to take her. He had to have release from his tortured flesh. He lowered her, impaling her inch by slow torturous inch over his length. Their breath stilled as it slid smoothly into her tight channel. Kagome's head rolled back and she released a husky moan that lasted until every inch of him was buried deeply into her quivering core.
 
He held still for a moment, savoring the feel of her molten heat clenching around him, and then pulled out to the tip only to surge back in strongly. The force of his thrusts rocked her body and her bare breasts bounced about drawing his attention. He grunted with each thrust and clamped his clawed hand over one jiggling breast to mold it and twist the tender nipple at the end. Her cries of pleasure filled the air around them and he loved every ear splitting scream that burst from her slender throat.
 
His long, moon kissed hair, mingled with the ebony of her own, was tickling erotically over her sensitive skin heightening her pleasure ten fold. One of his hands was teasing and grasping her breast and the other was clamped down, holding and kneading the flesh of her behind. She was in heaven.
 
In the brush several feet away, crouched a shadowy figure blended into the dimly lit area giving it complete safety from detection by the rutting pair. A smirk played upon the dark face as it watched the heated scene before it. What luck, to stumble upon the Western Lord himself fucking his new human mate. Many a female would give their left breast to be in her place at this moment. Even she. The taiyoukai was doing a thorough job of humping his bitch against the old tree, and the bitch seemed to be loving the hell out of it. She had heard rumors of his heavy erections and fierce lovemaking, but nothing could compare to seeing it first hand. His growls and grunts only furthered the experience as his usual cold aloof ways had always been a bit of a turn-off.
 
The girl riding his big cock was screaming and scratching at his back with her flimsy human claws and the lord was biting and suckling at the flesh of her neck and shoulders. As she watched her own hand slipped between her legs and she rubbed against her tender aching flesh. Oh how she wished that she could be the one getting so thoroughly fucked by Lord Sesshomaru himself.
 
Sesshomaru increased the pace, letting his inner demon have his turn with their delicious hot bitch. His thrust grew in strength and power, jarring them both, as their slapping moist flesh echoed in their ears. Nothing existed except the feel of her tight muscles milking his flesh. His voice was bestial when he growled, “So... fucking... tight. My... cock... is on fire inside of you.”
 
His words alone sent her over the edge and Kagome screamed out as wave after wave of mind shattering orgasms rocked her very soul. She dug her nails into his shoulders as the force of it took control of her body. Her muscles clamped down even stronger than before and the feel of it was more than he could take. He threw back his head, sending long tendrils of snow white hair flying about as he roared, shooting his seed deep into her moist depths. With the release of his seed came the fading of red from his golden eyes. His body began to relax and his senses returned.
 
That is the very moment that he became aware that they were not alone. He leaned into Kagome's neck, nuzzling her flesh as he caught his breath. Then he whispered. “Do not be afraid, my luscious young mate, but we are being watched.” Immediately her heart began an even more intense rhythm. He felt afraid that the rate would be too much for her and so he held her a moment longer to comfort her and sooth her worry. “Shhhh... I am hear to protect you. Do not fear.” Slowly the frantic beat began to ease into a healthier rhythm, and Sesshomaru eased her off of his now flaccid cock.
 
Kagome blinked and he was no longer there.
 
She looked around frantically and found him holding a dark figure up high by the neck. It was thrashing about uselessly, and Kagome quickly looked away. She gathered her robes around her and grabbed her obi from the ground tying it sloppily about her waist to cover her nakedness. She could feel his seed slipping down her thighs and she flushed with embarrassment over being caught in such a fashion. Sesshomaru's voice broke through and she glanced back to the terrified being in his grasp. “You dare intrude upon this Sesshomaru and his mate? You must wish for death Shadow Demon.”
 
`Shadow demon?' Kagome had never seen one before. As a matter of fact they were suspected to be nothing but mere myth to most. Obviously that was not true as Sesshomaru was clearly choking the life out of one right before her eyes. It was a female, she could hear the feminine sound of her voice as she struggled for air and freedom from Sesshomaru's powerful clutches. Kagome swiftly ran to his side. “Sesshomaru, please, give her a chance to explain.”
 
With just a hint of a glance to his small mate he released the dark creature to fall in a heap to the ground below. Kagome marveled at the shadow youkai. She was small in stature and colored in varying shades of blacks and dark grays. It was the most unusual thing she had ever seen. She knelt down beside the creature and attempted to soothe her. “Are you okay?”
 
The creature rubbed her throat and looked at the human female kneeling beside her so fearlessly. It was strange to come into contact with a ningen that held no fear of their kind. She regarded the girl curiously, looking for signs of disgust, but only found concern reflected in her blue eyes. Finally she answered, “Hai. I will live.”
 
Sesshomaru grunted and said, “Hn.... You will live only if I allow it. Now tell me why you were watching me and my mate.” The shadow youkai slowly crawled to her feet. She was much shorter than even Kagome was and he had to look down at her. All of her kind were small like this for it allowed them to blend and disappear into tight dark spaces remaining undetected from those around them. The older ones could even block their presence from others by containing a tight reign on their aura and jaki. One of the reasons why Sesshomaru did not trust them in the least.
 
The female youkai stood to full height and looked at the angry taiyoukai before answering. “I have come to bring news of Naraku.”
 
Kagome's gasp preceded the increased pounding of her heart, and Sesshomaru pulled her close to his side to comfort her. His eyes narrowed and he said, “Proceed.”
 
The shadow youkai related what it had discovered. “At your request Lord Sesshomaru, a team of my people were sent out to scout the area for signs of the evil hanyou. I think I have uncovered a clue. There is a village toward the East that has been devastated by something unknown. All the humans there are dead in their homes and the streets. The place is teaming with death and decay. It is as if a poison has been leaked into the air killing everyone in its path. I steered clear of the most of it, and by doing so even found many dead animals in the edges of the forest. None have any signs of violent struggle.”
 
Sesshomaru studied the demons face carefully and then nodded slightly. “It does sound like Naraku is in the area.” Kagome nodded. “He must have released his miasma to clear the places near his new lair.” Sesshomaru grunted in agreement, then turned his attention back to the shadow demon. “You will continue in your search and report back to me in three days time, but do not ever invade the privacy of this Sesshomaru again. To do so will be your death.” The shadow demon replied with a shaky, “Hai!” before fading into the shadows of the forest and out of sight.
 
Kagome slowly released the breath that she was unaware of being held in her chest. She hated violence, though it was a necessity at times. She was just glad that they avoided it this time.
 
Suddenly Sesshomaru pulled her against his chest and nuzzled her, inhaling deeply of her scent. “Now that we are alone once more... I wish to tell you how very much you pleased me.” Kagome giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Arigato. You certainly pleased me as well.” The two of them spent a brief moment enjoying the feel of each other before gathering their things to go. Kagome swiftly plucked a few handfuls of berries and stuck them into a piece of folded cloth before running to catch up with her mate.
 
They stopped briefly at a trickling brook and cleaned themselves of the evidence of their lovemaking before continuing on their journey. As the sun began to lower in the sky Kagome wondered how long it would be until they found her friends. She was growing anxious over Sango. A feeling in her gut told her that there was something terribly wrong. She picked up the pace, and surprisingly Sesshomaru matched her speed. Normally he took his time and never seemed to hurry, but she knew that he was concerned not for Sango, but for her. It was sweet, really, how he tried to always soothe her and keep her from being hurt of afraid. It was nice to have someone care that much about her.
 
Suddenly Sesshomaru stopped and sniffed the air before looking at the rocky cliffs to the right of them. Kagome let out and `eek!' when he swiftly grabbed her to him and effortlessly leaped halfway up the cliffs edge. One more leap and he stopped letting her go as he gently directed her toward the dark opening of a cave.
 
A growl from inside shook her resolve and she looked back to Sesshomaru for re-assurance. He nodded and nudged her again. She stepped into the darkness with him right beside her. When her eyes adjusted she realized where they were. “Shippo! Kirarra!” Kagome called as the two ran for her. She bent and scooped them both into her arms. Another look around told her why she had the bad feeling in her stomach. On the floor of the dark cave lay Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango. Inuyasha and Miroku were awake and trying to sit up, but Sango made no move to acknowledge their presence at all.
 
“Kagome,” Inuyasha said with surprise. “What are you doing here?” Miroku was shaking and dripping with sweat but seemed pretty coherent. Kagome hugged Shippo and Kirara again before putting them down to kneel by Inuyasha's side. This earned a warning growl from her mate, and she instinctively backed up a little. Inuyasha shot Sesshomaru a death glare, but for once remained silent. He was just glad that Kagome had come.
 
“I had a terrible dream that something horrible happened to Sango.” Kagome looked over to her friend and back to Inuyasha questioningly. Inuyasha grumbled and sat up further, unwilling for Sesshomaru to see him lying there in pain. “It was Naraku. He came after us and Kanna tried to take Sango's soul with her mirror. Luckily Miroku stopped her before she could take it all, but now we can't wake her up.”
 
Miroku looked to Sango in worry, and then back to Kagome. “Without the mirror, I fear that we will never wake her. She is lost to us forever.” His voice sounded full of defeat and it broke Kagome's heart in two. Miroku was right. Without the mirror, the portion of Sango's soul trapped inside would never return. Kagome squared her shoulders. This time Naraku had gone too far. It was one thing what he done to her, but nobody messes with her friends!
 
Kagome looked at Miroku and made a promise. “We <i>will</i> talk to her again. I will not stop until Sango has her soul back. I swear it.”
 
Sesshomaru listened as his mate made the declaration to save the taijiya. It pulled his heart in two different directions. On one hand he was proud that his mate was so loyal to her friends for it only proved that she would be equally loyal to him. On the other hand it shook him in a way that he could not explain to even think about her facing Naraku again. He wanted her far away from the bastard that had invaded her body and tortured her mind. He wanted to rip the putrid vermin apart with his bare claws while she was hidden safely away.
 
It now appeared that his Kagome would be joining him in battle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
1
 
 
6