InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Love ❯ Chapter 12 – Braced for Battle ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 12 - Braced for Battle
 
 
~~~***~~~
 
Power.
 
Power sizzled from their sweating bodies. The very air was charged with their combined electical energies.
 
Sweat.
 
It coated them, running in tiny rivelets over silken flesh.
 
Her breaths were torn from her body with each and every jarring thrust.
 
“Ses... shomaru.”
 
Her lovers name slipped helplessly between her passion kissed lips.
 
Her tight sheath strained against the intrusion of his hard shaft. Kagome moaned as she tossed her head from side to side burying her face deeper into the softness. Her nails dug desperately into the fluffy boa beneath her. The soft fur caressed her breasts erotically as she writhed in sexual pleasure.
 
Nothing mattered.
 
Nothing existed, except this bliss... and her lover.
 
Her whimpering moans were music to his ears. He clenched his large hands over her smooth hips as he sought to reach new depths within her soft moist heat. Her clenching muscles pulled to his seed, calling it, with mewling temptations streaming from her mouth. The taiyoukai fought against the urge to release the pressure, to reach the heaven that awaited him in climatic bliss.
 
He wanted to hear her screaming his name.
 
Sesshomaru growled, a feral sound that bore from his gut. His fangs slashed through the air as his wild mane of silver hair tossed about. Long deadly claws were barely held in check by the tiny remnant of his moral sanity. He pounded his throbbing cock hard into her wet heat, reveling in the sounds of slapping flesh.
 
His bitch was close.
 
His voice, no longer smooth but beastial in nature, issued his command in hard, panting breaths. “Scream out to me, mate. Tell me who is your lord!”
 
Through crimson blazed eyes he watched as her raven head was thrown down, spilling her long hair all over his white pelt. Her slender body went rigid before being possessed by uncontrollable convulsions.
 
“Ah... Um?... OH!.... SESSHOMARU!!”
 
She sang out beautifully and he snarled his approval.
 
Her inner spasms sucked at his length, drawing out his own release until the demon lord threw back his head in an earth shaking roar. Each beat of his heart pushed his cream through his big cock and deep into her molten channel. Sesshomaru shuttered beneath the intense pleasure washing over him. One final pulse hit before he plunged his sharp fangs deep into her soft neck. The sweet taste of her blood rushed his senses and soothed the savage beast within.
 
Crimson returned to gold as Sesshomaru collapsed against the soft back of his mate. The warm breaths brushing her neck were labored as he attempted to regain his sanity. His legs felt weak and useless after reaching his completion, but he licked and nuzzled his mark, enjoying her tiny moan. In a soft low voice that vibrated with a passion only shown to her, Sesshomaru breathed, “Kagome... <i>Mine</i>... as I am yours.”
 
He hit it hard, flew into the air, did a piroet, and hit the next one before stopping to watch them both fall. “FUCK!” It didn't help at all. Inuyasha looked around at the evidence of his temper. Huge evergreens lay scattered about the area. He sought to dull the damnable ache in his chest by slaughtering the towering trees, but it only served as a minor distraction. As soon as the ground shook from their fall the pain was back once more, throbbing and ever present.
 
Maybe he needed to kill something? Would the blood help to wash away the hurt buried so deeply there?
 
Would it crush the sounds of her calling his brothers name in passion?
 
They were far away from him, but her scream echoing off the cliffs could be heard for miles. It served to freeze the blood still in his veins. He knew they were mates. He knew that she was marked, but nothing prepared him for that moment when it all became so undeniably real to him.
 
His fucking prick of a brother was boning the woman <i>he</i> loved.
 
`Fine time to admit that now, dumbass,' Inuyasha chastised himself. Yeah, now that Sesshomaru was burying his big prick in Kagome's sweet body he was ready to admit that he loved her. Why now? Why couldn't he have accepted his love for her sooner, before all this happened? Why did he always have to be a day late and a yen short? “Kami, I'm a dumb fuck!” Inuyasha growled before swinging on his next victim. The hapless tree crashed to the forest floor beneath the wrath of his claws.
 
Naraku threw back his head, sending waves of long ebony hair over his shoulder, as he laughed wickedly. The image in the mirror was nothing short of intensly gratifying. It was worth every minute of scheming and planning just for that moment in time. That one moment when Inuyasha fell. His crimson eyes flashed in the dark as he returned them to the mirror's vision. The hanyou was in a frenzy of dispair. He relentlessly ravaged the forest in obvious pain.
 
He would have to give Kagura a treat for assisting the sounds of the miko's sceams to the ears of the half-breed dog. It was simply beautiful. Suffering etched the boys features and there was absolutly nothing that Inuyasha could do to stop it. The inu-hanyou now knew what it felt like to lose the women he loved to another. It was the closest thing to true revenge that Naraku could have come.
 
No matter how deep. No matter how buried and ignored, Onigumo still lived inside of him, and that black heart of a man wanted this moment more than any other. He wanted the hanyou to suffer, as <i>he</i> had suffered. He wanted Inuyasha to know what it was to watch the woman he loved walk away from him to be with another man. And who better to inflame such a wound than Inuyasha's own hated brother?
 
Onigumo knew that Kikyo's heart should have belonged to him, not that baka inu-hanyou.
 
Naraku chuckled as the silver haired hanyou slashed down yet another green needled tree. Slowly he reached up and rubbed the back of his new pet's head as she worked his rock hard cock in her mouth. He glanced down and smirked as he pushed her long auburn hair to the side. Her petel soft lips slid over him nicely and he grunted at the pleasure before shoving her head down and forcing himself deep into her throat. Her gagging struggles only furthered his excitement serving to call forth his seed. With another grunt and thrust he poured his essence deep into the little bitch.
 
Kanna stepped back watching impassively as he shot his load into the girls mouth. Naraku ignored her presence altogether. Once spent, he grabbed a handful of dark red hair and pulled his pet off of him. Her icy blue eyes were tinged in red and streaming with tears and filled with terror. This one was most certainly a valued prize that he would keep.
 
“Your hair, and eyes are very rare. Where do you come from, my pet?” Naraku asked in a velvet laced dark tone. The young girl fought to control her fear and find her voice. It came out cracked and soft since her throat was sore from his recent conquest. “My father... was hanyou. I come from the west.”
 
“Ah... hanyou... I see. What is your name?” Naraku asked as he ran his claws through her long silky hair.
 
“Sasha,” she replied through pitiful sobs. Suddenly she jerked away and glared furiously. “I hate you! Release me!”
 
Narku chuckled and snatched her back to him by the chain fixed snuggly to the collar around her slender neck. “I think not. You will serve me until I decide otherwise.” Another bought of dark laughter followed her feminine growl of disgust. His new pet was fiesty. It will be an interesting task to tame this one.
 
Naraku pushed her down to curl at the foot of his futon and returned his full attention to the mirror still being held by Kanna. Inuyasha seemed to have given up on harvesting the forest of its towering trees, and was now slumped in defeat next to one of his many victims. There simply was nothing sweeter than the utter dispair on the face of an enemy.
 
Kagome waved bye to Shippo as she, Sesshomaru, and Inuyasha snuck away from the camp like thieves in the night. The kitsune waved back sadly. Kagome knew that he wanted to come, even though he was terrified of Naraku, but she finally convinced him that he was needed here, to help Miroku and Sango. Miroku was much better now, but Sango was not. Sango was still helpless and hanging on by a thread to life. They couldn't leave her unprotected, so Miroku was chosen to stay with Sango while he continued to heal, and Shippo had to stay and insure that the monk and taijiya were kept with water and food while they were gone to fight Naraku.
 
Of course, Miroku had no knowledge of their plan.
 
Thus the reason that they were sneaking away while Miroku was alseep. Kagome felt a little guilty about doing her friend like this, but it was for the best really. She absently reached up and stroked Kirara who was perched peacefully on her shoulder. The firecat mewled softly, but made no effort to respond further to the tender caress of the miko. Kirara made it very clear that she would not be left behind. Kagome accepted her decision, feeling that Kirara perhaps wished to assist in the battle in place of her fallen mistress. It was just as well, Kagome felt like Kirara's special talents could be very helpful.
 
Inuyasha walked ahead of her, and Sesshomaru walked to her right side. She glanced up to him and took in his profile. Her mate. Kami it was still so overwhelming. This magnificent man... youkai, was her mate. Her lover. Her partner for life. Kagome felt a knot build in her throat just thinking about it. It was fueled by love, admiration and fear. As if he sensed her turbulant thoughts he glance down to her and flashed her the slightest hint of a smile before returning his attention to the path ahead.
 
He as so beautiful. It was really a little disconcerting to have a husband that held the looks of a god. She could just imagine what her friends would do in his presence. Those silly teenage girls would probably drown in their own drool. The thought made her heart swell with pride. It made her feel special that he chose to belong to her. Her. A stupid useless human girl who fell in the hands of her greatest enemy. Once again she sent up a prayer of thanks for Sesshomaru. If he had not been there, sharing the hell that Naraku forced upon them both, then she would have lost her mind. She had no doubt at all that her sanity was saved by the taiyoukai at her side. Her stoic lord with hidden passions of fire.
 
Thoughts of their recent lovemaking pulled her mind from hell to heaven. Sesshomaru had been so thorough in his taking of her body earlier today. He brought her to completion over and over, working her body until she sang for him. It was amazing what he could do to her. Never had she imagined experiencing such bodily pleasure.
 
The scent was soft and barely there but he caught it clearly. Sesshomaru looked down just as the heat flared in his loins. She was aroused. Just as he became aware of this, she turned her huge blue eyes up to him, catching the moonlight in their depths. He reached out and brushed her soft cheek with the back of his hand. She was such an amazing creature. Even in the light of battle looming ahead, she found interest in his body.
 
“Knock it off you two, or I'm not walking another step!” Inuyasha growled. Damn it, he refused to put up with this bullshit. It was bad enough that he had to travel with them, and fight with them, but he would be damned if he would make this trip bombarded by their scents of arousal! It turned his fucking stomache!
 
Sesshomaru studied Kagome's embarrassed reaction to his idot little brother's ranting. How would he face the battle knowing that she was near and most certainly in danger? It was most disturbing to think that he could lose her so quickly. She was his. He did not wish to give her up. Not to Inuyasha, not to Naraku, and not to death. She nuzzled into his hand before he slowly traced her cheek to pull his claws through her long hair.
 
She was so brave.
 
Bravery was something that he held in high respect. It was something that he felt was most valuable in a being, be it youkai or human. It was simply a rarity to find bravery in a human. Most of her kind were sniveling animals, pissing their pants in his presense. Only a handful of humans in his many centuries of roaming Japan had faced him without shivering in terror. Two of them were warriors, now dead by his own hand, and two of them were female, Rin, his young ward, and Kagome, his mate.
 
Kagome blushed and smiled before turning her attention back to the road ahead. She was thankful for the bright moonlight illuminating the path. Her eyesight was sorely lacking in the dark, unlike Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's. It helped to pace herself beside her mate. His white clothing seemed to glow in the luminescent light. She drew in a deep breath and tried to focus on the task at hand. The upcoming battle, assuming the shadow youkai had been correct, and they located Naraku's lair, would be fierce and she would need to pull on all her strength. She hoped she could do it. It was scary to say the least. Just facing Naraku was going to be hard to do, but facing him and all his minions while being attacked would take all her strength.
 
She <i>would</i> do it. She <i>would</i> be there to help destroy Naraku. He deserved to die. He deserved to suffer as he had made her and Sesshomaru suffer. As he made Sango, Miroku and Inuyasha suffer. His evil must come to an end. She would never be free of his sickness until he was gone. During her stay there he took her virginity, he took her innocence and he placed darkness in her heart.
 
He tainted her purity.
 
She knew that it was so. Deep inside something was darker. She could feel it. He had taken away a little of her light.
 
And she meant to get it back.
 
Her power flared just thinking about him. It was almost tangable as it crackled in the night air. Sesshomaru looked down at her in wonder, but Inuyasha seemed unconcerned and simply strolled on as if oblivious to the mikos raging aura. “Calm yourself, my little mate. Save your strength for the battle ahead.”
 
His softly spoken words helped to soothe her. Kagome smiled appreciatively at her mate before attempting to clear her mind altogether. Absently she reached up and shifted her longbow strapped across her back. The quiver of arrows jostled about and she found a little comfort in its familiarity.
 
The traveling group walked through the night, resting once, allowing Kagome to catch a short nap before heading out once more. As dawn approached and the morning fog began to blanket low to the ground they came across a putrid smell. Closer inspection revealed a pool of deep, yet stagnant water where dead fish floated belly up. The smell was nausiating to Kagome, but almost unbearable to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru.
 
“Kami to Hell! That fucking reeks!” Inuyasha gagged. Sesshomaru was doing a fairly good job of containing his disgust, but Kagome could tell by his wrinkled nose that he was repulsed. Both taiyoukia and hanyou both covered their noses with their flowing sleeves. Kagome tried to do the same while attempting to shield Kirara from the stench as well.
 
“Could this be the place?” Kagome asked. “The fish swim with dead eyes?” She quoted the shadow demons words. “These fish are most definitely dead.”
 
“Hn...” Sesshomaru replied while trying to quell his churning stomache. He refused to embarrass himself by losing his stomach contents in front of his mate and <i>Inuyasha</i>!
 
Inuyasha was not faring much better than his brother, and just like his brother, he was fighting an inner battle not to vomit. It was almost more than he could handle.
 
Suddenly all eyes were drwn to the putrid pond as the dark green cloudy water began to bubble and churn. They all took a step back as they stared at the water in dread. Kirara leapt down tranforming immediately into her full battle size. Fire danced at her feet and she released a vicious growl baring huge fangs.
 
Something was coming up out of those fetid depths and none of them were anxious to discover exactly what it was. Waves of malodorous fluid suddenly exploded into the air thoroughly soaking the aghast group of travelers before revealing two beasts from hell. As soon as the water hit her flesh Kagome shreiked and Inuyasha cursed. “FUCK! God DAMN! Now this shit is all over me!!! FUCK!”
 
Sesshomaru was most disgusted by this latest turn of events, but quelled the urge to react and focused instead on his prey. Stepping out of the pools were two monsters, both twice as tall as Sesshomaru himself. They were bulky, covered in pale gray muscle and long green stringy hair. The smell of death and decay emminated from them in waves of rank stench. Clumps of dead flesh hung from their making him wonder at their status among the living.
 
“Kami, how disgusting,” Kagome coughed as she snatched an arrow from her quiver before jumping onto Kirara's back. The soggy cat fur felt even more gross than her wet clothes, but Kagome pushed the urge to cringe aside to focus on the battle ahead. Kirara took flight as Inuyasha drew Tensaiga and Sesshomaru drew Tokijin. The slice of metal held a deadly comfort to the human girl as she notched her arrow in her bow.
 
Things were bad then, but suddenly they got worse. Now pouring from the stagnant depths of the rank pool were dozens of mindless, shapless demons.
 
Clearly this was Naraku's doing.
 
“I don't know about you Sesshomaru, but I'm not letting these bastards stop me! KAZE No KIZU!!!” Inuyasha released the windscar on the dead things and Sesshomaru lept back with practiced grace avoiding the tremendous splash of filthy water that once again soaked the hanyou to the bone. He ignored the baka's cursing response and focused on the two monsters grunting in their direction. It seemed the Wind Scar only slowed them down, leaving them with even more flesh hanging, but still very much on the move.
 
“DRAGON STRIKE!” Sesshomaru called as a brilliant blue flash of demonic light swept through the air toward his victims. The force of Tokijin's attack stunned them, ripped them, but did not destroy them. One of them lost a leg, but it seemed to not notice at all. It was still pulling itself along towards them. A flash of blinding light from above alerted him to Kagome's purifying arrows flying overhead. He glanced up to see dozens of Naraku's mindless spawn turned to ash. She appeared to be maneuvering the firecat well and clear of immediate danger. He returned his attentions to these walking dead things that were obviously programmed to kill them.
 
Kagome gasped when the full force of Sesshomaru's Tokijin was released. The blue light temporarily blinded her and she barely missed a flying demon nashing it's foul teeth. A swift dive of Kirara saved her from death and she quickly uttered her thanks before releasing another wave of purification. The numbers of shapeless demons were dwindling , but Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were not faring so well down below. The monster on two feet was moving faster than she had first noticed, as if time out of the water sped it up. Even the one dragging its torn body over the dirt was moving quicker than before. It's long bulky arms reached out numerous times attempting to grab hold of Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome watched as Sesshomaru darted around the creature easily slashing at the beast time and again with his blade. The monster tried to grab him but it was a silly attempt at best. The fiend seemed to be pulling itself back together before her very eyes and now she knew that it was attempting to make itself whole once more. The leg that hung losely behind it was gradually re-attaching itself and to her horror, it raised itself to stand once more. Sesshomaru did not appear bothered by this new turn of events, but Kagome knew that he was just as shocked as she was. Something had to be done to kill these things or they would be to tired to fight Naraku when they finally got there!
 
“Kaze No Kizu!” Inuyasha shouted as he blasted the foul monster. It's arm fell to the ground, but the thing just grunted and pulled it up allowing it to re-attach. “How the hell are we supposed to kill these fucking things?!” He jumped to the side and did a backwards flip to avoid a stray demon's flashing teeth. He swiped it with his sword and smirked as it screamed in pain before dying. `If only these two mud pies would die so easily!' He jumped up and slashed the arm off the creature again. It grunted and picked it up as if it were no concern. Inuyasha shouted, “Kagome! Do they have jewel shards?” If so that would explain the regeneration, or reattachment, or what-the-fuck ever.
 
Kagome searched hard, hoping that she had simply missed them, but no, they just didn't have them. “NO Inuyasha! No Shards!”
 
“FUCK!” Inuyasha growled again before sidestepping a huge rotted claw before slicing it off. It was useless really, since the Kami foresaken thing just reattached. This shit was getting ridiculous!
 
“Inuyasha! Sesshomaru! Try hitting them together! Use your attackes at the same time!” Kagome screamed out between sending arrows out to vanquish the dozens of youkai trying to reach her.
 
Sesshomaru glanced upwards at his mate before looking over to Inuyasha. What was she thinking? He didn't need that half-breeds help. It was proposturous. He would deal with this on his own. These things would not escape his wrath. “Die!”
 
Kagome groaned and felt like kicking them both. Sesshomaru just ignored her completely and Inuyasha cursed at her. If he had not been in battle she would have sat him. They had to do something! She was making little headway. The hords of youkai were thinning, but slowly, under her arrows and Kirara's jaws plus they still had to kill those things below. Even now she could see the difference in speed. The things were moving faster and faster!
 
“Kukuku, It looks as though you are not enjoying your time spent with my Bog Beasts.” The poisonous voice of Naraku pierced through the dawn alerting everyone to his sudden presence. All movement stopped. The Bog Beasts, as Naraku called them, ceased their struggles to reach the inu brothers and the demon hordes ceased in their forward surge. All eyes turned to the vile hanyou.
 
Kagome had to fight the urge to run hide behind Sesshomaru's leg like a frightened child. This was her first view of Naraku since the day Inuyasha saved them. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she felt terror pecking at her heart. With a gulp and a growl, Kagome fought off her fear and focused on anger. This bastard deserved to die for his crimes!
 
After notching another arrow Kagome turned to face Naraku and was sickened to find him standing behind a young girl with auburn hair. The girl was unclothed, kneeling at his feet with a collar around her neck. The collar was attached to a leash held in check by Naraku. It was obvious that the poor thing was scared out of her mind, and shame shone brightly in her pretty eyes. How horrifying! It reminded Kagome of her own torment and she vowed that she would not let him do this to anyone ever again!
 
“Naraku! You're going to die today!” Kagome shouted as she pulled back to release her arrow, but when the vile hanyou snatched the girl up as a shield Kagome stayed her hand for fear of hurting her.
 
Sesshomaru felt like a trapped animal. Behind him were the Bog Beasts, just waiting for an opportunity to rip he and Inuyasha apart and in front of him was Naraku, his ogre, Kanna, Kagura, and the young demon slayer. They were surrounded, even from above by a waiting horde, and it was obvious that Naraku intended to use the human girl to deter them from attacking him directly.
 
“Naraku, you filthy bastard, today you are going down!” Inuyasha shouted with a snarl. He glaned to Sesshomaru and narrowed his eyes. “This is really him. No puppet this time.” He got no response but never really expected one from the stuck up prick.
 
Naraku looked up to Kagome, floating high above on the two tailed firecat. Her long ebony hair waved about behind her. She was such a beauty. To bad that her usefulness has ran out. The pain has been played to the fullest and these three were beginning to become a little too dangerous to let live. Sesshomaru's alliance with the Shadow Demon clan was now a direct threat to him as those blasted creatures traveled the lands completely unaccounted for. They could find his lair easily no matter where he moved. “Ah, the lovely miko. Have you missed this Naraku?”
 
“You would do well to focus on me, vermin!” Sesshomaru warned just as he struck out at Naraku.
 
“Watch out for the girl!” Inuyasha shouted.
 
Sesshomaru growled at Inuyasha, “You may have concerns for the human, but this Sesshomaru does not let such minor inconveniences stand in his way!”
 
“Sesshomaru no!” Kagome screamed from above. “Onegai! Please, she's just an innocent girl, just like I was!” She held her breath as her mate made his decision. He glanced to her in frustration, but lowered his weapon. He could not risk damaging his mates mind further. He would find another way.
 
Naraku chuckled as he ran his clawed hand tenderly through the girls soft auburn hair. This was just splendid. His little shield would stand to give him the upper hand even against the demon lord. He looked at Sesshomaru, slowly tracing his crimson eyes over the taiyoukai's lean body. “Greetings to you as well, Lord Sesshomaru. How do you like my new pet?” He moved to rub his erection against her smooth cheek in emphasis. “Her tight little cunt is almost as good as the miko's. Would you care to try?”
 
Sesshomaru drew up his nose in disgust. A small part of him wanted revenge for that girl, for she indeed was being treated just like Kagome had been. It was a travesty against the living. “Your pleasures do not interest me, Naraku. I only seek your death!”
 
“Now, now, taiyoukai, it was not long ago that my pleasures interested you a great deal. Perhaps I should have given you a taste of this so that you would not have so easily forgotten?” Naraku grabbed his stiff length through his hakama and pumped it enticingly while staring provocatively at the inuyoukai. He laughed as the taiyoukai growled in anger at his lewd gesture.
 
He decided to distract his guests further. This game was quite fun. He reached down and untied his hakama and pushed his bitch's face onto his cock. He gasped and rolled his eyes as her soft wet mouth enveloped him.
 
Kagome was beside herself. This was just horrible! How could anyone be so cruel? This had to stop. “You guys get ready!” she shouted as she released her arrow. “Hit the mark!”
 
Naraku was too fast. He dove to the side, just missing the deadly purification. All she gained was to make him angry.
 
 
“You'll pay for that miko bitch!” Naraku growled as he stood, snatching his pets collar to him hard. He ignored the strangled sound from the girl and began issuing his commands. Today he would witness the death of his worst ememies!
 
Everything started moving once more as if being coriographered by a master director. Sesshomaru swung around to find the Bog Beasts once more coming at him, but now he had to deal with the wind witch, Naraku and that uncanny youkai child Kanna. With a quick nod to Inuyasha he commanded, “Inuyasha, you take these things, and I will handle Naraku and his minions.”
 
“Hell no! You ain't stealing the glory this time you bastard! I'll take Naraku and you take these nasty things!” Inuyasha yelled in defiance.
 
Sesshomaru growled angrily. “This is no time for your petty complainst half-breed! Take the beasts!”
 
Kagome could not believe she was seeing and hearing this! These two were gonna get killed because they couldn't agree on <i>who to kill</i>! Does that even make any sense at all?! With a growl of her own she sent another bright pink arrow hurling toward the bog monster nearest to Sesshomaru. The arrow hit, but dulled out just as quickly, almost as if it had simply become stuck in the mud! It didn't <i>do</i> anything!
 
Kagura gritted her teeth. This was not where she wanted to be this morning. The wind was blowing wonderfully on the hillsides, just calling her to become one with it, but no, she had to be here, with these filthy creatures that stank like the pits of hell. It was most disturbing. She attempted to take her mind off of the stench by watching the miko above dancing about on the firecat, sending one glowing arrow after another toward her enemies. Kagura nonchalantly flicked her fan, carelessly sending several blades against Inuyasha, who blocked them all to easily.
 
Kagome had such a beautiful body. She recalled her writhing form as she lapped at her juices and found the image to be very erotic indeed. Another bat of her fan and she called out strongly, “You've gotten slow, Inuyasha!” Her blades crashed forward striking near the dodging hanyou. It appeared the brothers couldn't decide who would take on who. Their lack of cooperation would possibly be their downfall.
 
Inuyasha dodged the wind blades and swiftly jumped, spinning in the air to avoid a swipe by the Bog Beast at his back. This was getting a little to close for his tastes! Damn Sesshomaru! Why couldn't he just leave Naraku to him!
 
Sesshomaru glanced to Kagome, who was just then targeting Kanna with an arrow. From the corner of his eye he caught sight of movement and found the huge ogre preparing to hurl a large rock at his mate and the firecat. Without a second thought he abandoned Inuyasha and took off toward the ogre. Inuyasha yipped as a streak of white blurred past his nose. He quickly realized that Sesshoamru had left his side. “Sesshomaru! You traitor!” `Damn!' Now he had to deal with both the Bog Beasts AND Kagura!”
 
Naraku was watching with interest as the boys fought off his attacks.Even his pet had ceased her tears and was watching with rapt interest. He caught sight of Sesshomaru moving toward Kuto, but had no time to warn his ogre. One swipe of Sesshomaru's Tokijin and the huge ogre hit the ground with a hard thud. His head rolled away in a grotesque display. Naraku grunted angrily. Good ogre's were hard to come by. Damn that dog!
 
Kagome released her arrow, and it flew straight and true to Kanna, but just as it should have hit, Kohaku swung forward and blocked the projectile with his Kusarigama. The sickle made short work of the arrow and Kagome grumbled and swiftly prepared another.
 
“KAZANNA!” “FOXFIRE!”
 
Inuyasha and Kagome turned to find Miroku and Shippo running forward. The monk was losening his sacred beads, preparing to assist in the attack. Kagom gasped, completely not expecting these two to be here. She watched in amazement as the wind tunnel sucked in the two Bog Beasts while almost making short work of Inuyasha too!
 
“Damn it Miroku!” Inuyasha shouted, “Put that thing up!” His voice carried just above the harsh sound of the thrashing winds as everything was being sucked toward the void. The two Bog Beasts dissappeared in a bevy of horrifying cries before Miroku swiftly sealed the void. Saimyoshou had alread been dispensed and the buzzing of the insects could now be heard all around them. Miroku pulled his sacred sutras and began releasing them one by one. The hordes of demons racing about were diminishing quickly.
 
Inuyasha, Sesshomaru and Kagome were all doing their best to now work a path to Naraku. The tables had turned and it was time to let the vile bastard know it. “Hey Naraku! Wasn't counting on Miroku showing up was ya?!” Inuyasha taunted as he sliced through several blobs of youkai.
 
Naraku was growing a bit nervous now. Kuto was dead and so were his painstakingly created Bog Beasts. That bitch's purifying arrows and Inuyasha's wind scar were blasting through his demon hordes by the hundreds. He glanced down at his pet, and grew angry to see a shimmer of human hope in her pretty blue eyes. “No, not yet my sweet,” he muttered before waving to Kagura to take out the firecat.
 
Kagura got her orders and turned to the miko. She was supposed to take her down. Damn Naraku. He knew that she held an affection toward the miko. Growling she prepared her fan. This was it. This was the moment of truth. The time to be free! Kagura shouted “Kanna! Take out Kohaku!” Then the wind sorceress turned at the last moment toward Naraku. “DANCE OF THE DRAGON!”
 
Naraku's eyes grew wide in shock as he realized that his own minions were turning against him! Kanna was forcing the demon slayers soul from his body and Kagura was actually attacking him! How dare that bitch?! “You will die for this betrayal Kagura!” He screamed as he transformed moving swiftly aside. No time to take his pet. What a pity.
 
Inuyasha watched in horror as Naraku abandoned the girl leaving her to die by Kagura's blades. Without a thought for his own safety he jumped forward grabbing her as the first of the blades began slicing at his firerat haori. The cloth was strong and fighting off most of the damage but he could still feel the knives slicing his back as he protected the girl in his arms.
 
“INUYASHA!” Kagome screamed in horror as the blades danced over him in a blinding twist of dust and debris. Sesshomaru called out “DRAGON STRIKE!” and watched with a smirk as dozens of youkai fell to his attack. He heard Kagome scream for his brother and he looked around to see the wind witch's attack. The foolish half-breed took the brunt of the attack to save the human girl.
 
Naraku's laughing voice brought their attention back to him. “I must thank you Inuyasha, for saving my pet. She has the sweetest nector that I have ever tasted.” He laughed deviously and turned to Kagome. “Of course you are the exception to that, my lovely little miko!”
 
Sesshomaru growled ferociously. The smell of blood hanging thick in the air mingled with the putrid smells of the decaying pond life. His adrenaline was rushing through his demonic veins begging to release his beast and end the threat to his mate. He blinked and pushed the urge down. It wouldn't do to go against Naraku in such a manner.
 
“You sick bastard!” Kagome shouted and released an arrow aimed for Naraku's heart.
 
From behind Naraku, in the cover of the treeline, <i>another</i> glowing pink arrow was released. Both forces of purification blazed through the morning light, streaking the sky with glowing pink, before simultaneously hitting their mark. One arrow pierced his dark heart and the other struck the spider scar on Naraku's back.
 
Naraku gasped and clutched at his chest with his right hand and reaching to his back with his left. `Two?' He was confused and turned as his body began to burn in unfathomable pain. There he found Kikyo glaring soulessly at him as she watched him dying with malice in her dark eyes. “You!” Naraku growled in disbelief just as the heat became an inferno engulfing the hanyou in a burst of flame. In his last effort to survive Naraku grasped the Shikon no Tama and called upon its power.
 
Nothing happened! It pulsed, but would not save him! The purification of the two priestesses over rode his own dark call! The fire licked and knawed at his searing, melting flesh. He screamed out in agony and betrayal before he exploded in a shattering burst of light.
 
Naraku was truly dead.
 
Inuyasha propped his wounded body up on Tetsaiga. He looked into the wide frightened eyes of the girl he had just saved, before raising his head to witness the demise of his arch enemy. Behind Naraku stood Kikyo and it was obvious that she <i>and</i> Kagome had destroyed him together. Their eyes met, “Kikyo,” he breathed. The lost lover stood silently staring at him for a moment, before turning to disappear into the forest once more.
 
Kagome couldn't believe it! She did it! Well, with Kikyo's help, but they did it! Naraku was dead! “YAHOOOOOO!!!!!” She shouted as Kirara took a playful dive through the air. In seconds they landed next to Sesshomaru who snatched her from Kirara's back and hugged her close before pushing her away to inspect her body for injury. She was covered everywhere with bloody gashes and bites, but they were clearing up even as he watched. She in turn was inspecting his injuries, which were actually quite minimal. He didn't mind the attention, however, and simply let her have her way with him.
 
Miroku fell back on his behind and grabbed the beads from his wrist with caution. Shippo jumped to his side to see if it was true.
 
The wind tunnel, it was.... gone!
 
Peels of masculine laughter erupted over the battle field and Shippo joined in the houshi's delight. The two comrads fell back in the dirt rolling in their glee. The curse of the Kazaana was lifted! He was free to live a normal life!
 
Inuyasha looked up to the houshi and fox and grunted with a smirk. So it was true. The wind tunnel is now a thing of the past. He caught sight of Kagome running toward Miroku smiling and laughing. Kirara was hot on her trail and Sesshomaru was strolling carelessly along behind. He, on the other hand, looked a little upset.
 
And he was.
 
`Of all the cursed ways for that vile beast to die, it had to be quickly. I had such plans of pain for that hanyou.' Sesshomaru inwardly growled his distate at the ease of which Naraku fell. He had planned many weeks of torture and torment for that vermin, but now he would have to be satisfied with his death. The taiyoukai sighed and resolved himself to accept the emptiness of his enemies quick death. At least Kagome was safe and this blasted quest could be put aside for more... important things.
 
::GRRRR::
 
Miroku quickly snatched his wayward hand away from Kagome's firm round posterior before the taiyoukai could amputate the appendage. He looked up with an innocent grin and scratched the back of his nead nervously. “Ah... huh... sorry there, Sesshomaru-sama. Bad habits are hard to break.” He relaxed a little when Kagome fell into a beautiful bought of giddy laughter.
 
Kagome suddenly popped Miroku on the shoulder. “You were supposed to stay with Sango!” Kagome chastised. Miroku held up one hand in defense. “Uh... lady Kagome calm down! Sango is in the capable hands of Hatchi!” Kagome appeared to accept this easily enough. Hatchi was Miroku's trusted vassel. The racoon youkai was a dependable caretaker for her fallen sister. Kagome then hugged Miroku and Shippo before jumping up and dashing off toward Inuyasha.
 
Sesshomaru nodded, but held his icy glare of warning on the houshi before following Kagome to Inuyasha and the woman. The monk and kitsune scurried to their feet and hurried in the direction of the fallen taijiya, Kohaku. Already his little mate was fretting over clothing for the red haired wench. He stifled a chuckle as Kagome snatched Inuyasha's haori from his shoulders to cover the whimpering girl. He stood by and studied his kind hearted mate as she whispered soothing words to the onna in her arms.
 
Like a fresh spring day to his fierce winter storm, Kagome was his opposite. She would most certainly serve to keep him balanced and on his toes. His little spitfire was going to be a handful in the centuries to come. For some reason that thought made him feel like smiling, but that was something he wasn't prone to do, so he brushed it off. He would save his smiles for his bed chambers.
 
Inuyasha left the girl to Kagome after assuring her that she would be safe with her. Kagome tried to soothe the girl, but it seemed like she just wasn't responding to her at all. It broke her heart that this girl had been used so terribly. “What is you name?” Kagome asked softly. She thought her question would go unanswered but eventually the girl said, “M...my name is... Sasha.” Kagome gave her a confortiung squeeze.
 
“Are you... the only one?” Kagome asked, fearing that there were other girls suffering under Naraku's sick hold. The girl burst into another bought of tears while shaking her head negatively. “They... he... he killed them.... all,” Sasha cried. Kagome tightened her hold and hushed her gently, telling her that it would be okay.
 
“He... did this... to me... too,” Kagome uttered in a broken voice. “I know what you went through.” Sasha looked up to the kind young woman who saved her from a fate worse than death. Naraku had done this to her? “How...” Sasha began to ask, but the woman called Kagome shook her head. “Not now, Sasha, but soon. I will talk to you soon, I promise.”
 
His attentions were drawn from Kagome to the approach of Kagura and Kanna. Both youkai incarnations stopped just before him as he made ready to strike them down with Tokijin. “Speak,” he commanded.
 
Kagura and Kanna both went to their knees before the demon lord of the West. Kagura's voice was full of unordinary emotion. “Lord Sesshomaru, Kanna and I owe our freedom and lives to you and the miko. We pledge you our loyalty from this day forth.”
 
Sesshomaru regarded them curiously, all the while wondering what he did to deserve this. Surely he would not be forced to protect these wenches, as well as his current wards? This was simply getting out of hand. He would have to start killing his enemies again just to avoid being forced to feed so many.
 
The taiyoukai sighed and decided to give them the option. “You are free to go and do as you please. You are welcome in the West, unless you stray from the peacful path. Then, if you become a problem, you will die.” Kagura nodded her understanding before rising to her feet. She looked down to Kanna. “Kanna wishes to return the souls of the miko's friends.” Sesshomaru nodded curtly. “So be it.”
 
Kagome called Inuyasha to come get Sasha. It was time to leave this wretched place, but first they would see to Kohaku. In minutes the soul was returned to the boy from the mirror clutched so carefully by the ghostly child-like demoness. When Kagome pulled the shard of the Shikon from Kohaku's back it glowed pink, instantly purifying in her grasp. It was such a shock to Kagome that she gasped. The shard purified completely! Why? How? What happened to the stain on her heart?
 
Sesshomaru was well aware that his mate was unsure of how she had purified the jewel. He, however, did not find it surprising at all. He stepped up and placed his hand on her shoulder. “It appears that your miniscule bit of darkness has been cleansed.” Kagome turned to look up at him in wonder. Her eyes were tear filled and she held a beautiful smile upon her face making his heart swell, as well as other, less openly discussed, portions of his body.
 
Kami he wanted to sink himself into her.
 
Kohaku groaned and began to sob. It was a gut wrenching sight, and Kagome was thankful that Miroku was there to lend a strong shoulder and wise words to the younger brother of Sango. It would be a long hard road ahead for Kohaku. Kagome took hold of her mates hand and looked up into his golden eyes. “Sesshomaru, I don't want to stay here any longer.”
 
He walked by her side to the huge portion of the Shikon Jewel Lying in the scattering ashes of Naraku. He watched in silent wonder as Kagome picked it up, purifyingt the darkness with the slightest touch. It was amazing, and most certainly something that he may never get used to witnessing.
 
He nodded, his face remaining clear of emotion, but his eyes clearly burned for her. Kagome thought that she could be easily consummed in the fire so deeply blazing there. His softly spoken word broke the hypnotising gaze. “Come.” Kagome took his offered hand and he pulled her tightly against hs chest. She then squealed delightfully as his jaki cloud formed beneath them, lifting them into the morning sun.
 
They would first cleanse themselves of this rancid stench, and then, he would enjoy the tender delights that his mate offered in their own private celebration of victory.
 
 
 
~~~~***~~~~
 
 
A/N: Sorry Naraku lovers! He had to die. It was simply a must, but I still hope you enjoyed the chapter! Next update we tie up the loose ends and enjoy one final naughty lemon!
 
 
1
 
 
1