InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know What You Have 'Till Its Gone ❯ Release the Rage (Part II) ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

{Disclaimer: Inuyasha doesn't belong to me so don't sue. ::sighs:: unless someone would like to give him to me. I would have a ball playing with those ears.}

You Don't Know What You Have 'Till It's Gone

By Striking Falcon

Chapter Twelve: Release the Rage (Part II)

Kagome reached under her sleeve slowly, her fingers grasping the dagger. The second it was unsheathed, she and Shippou disappeared in a burst of light. The others gasped as the light became a beam, swirling in front of Naraku. It jerked back, then shot forward. It zipped around Naraku. Everywhere the beam touched, blood sputtered in its wake. Naraku screamed and shouted curses, trying desperately to stop the ray as it darted against him. Kagome appeared in front of him a few minutes later, her head down, eyes closed, and the hilt of the dagger resting against her shoulder. Her eyes flew open abruptly, glittering the cerulean silver hue Sesshoumaru had learned to respect. He grabbed Inuyasha and ran behind Sango and Miroku, shoving Inuyasha behind the monk. He pulled Inuyasha down to his knees, following suit as he growled to the befuddled humans in front of him.

"Do not move!"

"What the-?" Miroku asked, then was promptly forgotten as a bright light flared in front of him. Kagome stood in front of Naraku, waves of ki flowing from her. The energy rippled across the field, splitting in front of Sango and Miroku.

Inuyasha looked at Sesshoumaru, pale as a ghost. "What happens if I touch that?"

"Then I have to tell Kagome later on that you were being stupid, as always, when she MELTED you."

Inuyasha nodded, striking down the idea of moving for the time being. Sango and Miroku stared ahead in amazement. The waves poured over Naraku, melting certain parts of him, but not all.

"You'll have to do better than that, little girl, if you want to get rid of me," he hissed as one of his arms melted off. Kagome smirked wickedly, the gesture slightly out of character for the cheerful young lady.

"I know."

She sank the dagger into the dirt at her feet. A funnel cloud of fire materialized behind her, growing in height. The funnel changed into a giant dog, snapping its flaming maw at Naraku.

"I'd run if I were you. Not that it would do you any good."

The dog's jaws widened then came crashing down on Naraku. The flames, and the ki waves, became too much for the half demon. Naraku shrieked one final time before imploding, scattering his ashes across the field and over the four winds, the jewel fragments in his possession instantly purifying under the waves. They shrank back to Kagome as she sheathed the dagger. Sango and Miroku moved forward first, followed by the more than astounded brothers.

"Kagome, you did it!" Miroku shouted, his arms outstretched to hug her. The fire dog surrounded her suddenly, turning into a makeshift dome around her and Shippou. She dropped to a crouch, her hands pawing the ground in front of her.

"Stay back!" Kagome barked, freezing everyone in their tracks. Sango raised her hands, showing Kagome that she meant no harm.

"Kagome, please. Calm down."

"You want to hurt my Shippou," she hissed. Her voice changed as her eyes turned completely silver. It was if two people were talking in unison, their voices harmonizing at times, separating at others. Sesshoumaru approached her, the panic in his eyes belying the usual blank expression on his face.

"What's wrong with her?" Sango asked as Sesshoumaru stopped beside her. He sighed.

"It is the effects of the dagger. She's feral."

He stepped forward, leaving Sango to wonder as he tried his hand at calming Kagome down.

"Kagome, stop. We would never hurt-" he glanced at Sango for help. Sango mouthed Shippou's name to him. He nodded in thanks. "Shippou. You know you can trust me."

"Why should she trust you?" Inuyasha shouted, storming after Sesshoumaru. "After all, she's been your prisoner for three months!"

Before Sesshoumaru could respond, or Sango and Miroku could crack Inuyasha upside the head for having such bad timing, a little voice approached them.

"Kagome!" Rin shouted, running toward them. Sango glanced at the edge to the field, where Jakken was cursing at the girl to come back. Rin darted past Sesshoumaru and the others, heading straight for Kagome.

"Stop!" Sesshoumaru shouted. Rin kept going, getting closer and closer to the fire dome. Kagome's eyes lit on the child, Shippou's tail twitching under her chin. Her eyes glittered a second before a section separated from the dome. Changing into a smaller, but just as deadly, version of the fire dog that destroyed Naraku, it bolted after Rin. Inuyasha ran to get her out of the way as Sesshoumaru shouted;

"Kagome, stop! You will kill her!"

+++++++++

Kagome blinked.

'What's going on,' she wondered as she brushed Shippou's tail away from her nose. She glanced up, Sesshoumaru's panicked face the first thing outside her flaming shelter. 'Why does he look so-' she spotted the dog. One more step and Rin was toast. Literally.

"Oh God," she gasped. The silver leaked from her eyes, returning them to their normal hue.

"NO!!!"

+++++++

The dog shrank back, mere inches away from Rin, to the fire wall, it shattering upon contact. Kagome slumped forward, Shippou crawling out of her haori to avoid being crushed under her weight. Rin ran past Inuyasha and kneeled beside Kagome.

"Kagome saved Rin again!" she chirped merrily to the unconscious teenager. Rin reached for Shippou's tail. Shippou jumped off Kagome's back, holding his tail protectively.

"Ow! That hurt, kid!"

Rin giggled and reached for him again. "Can I touch it, please?"

"No!"

He stepped away from Rin's grasp, who groaned in frustration. Sango shook her head.

"Looks like Shippou has a girlfriend," she whispered to Miroku. Miroku nodded, his hand reaching out for her….

SMACK!

"You don't, you pervert!" Sango shouted, leaning over the bruised monk. Rin looked back at them and laughed.

"You two are so silly!" She looked around.

"Where is Sesshoumaru-sama?"

A flash of white appeared between them, then into the distance. Sango stared back at Rin…

Only to find her, and Kagome, gone.

Inuyasha darted after them, shouting at the top of his lungs. The trail died as soon as it started, leaving the others behind to listen to Jakken beg his master to wait up.

-------

Shippou: SF is baking cookies for me and her muse. She should be finished by chapter thirteen. Push the button now.