InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know What You Have 'Till Its Gone ❯ Rest ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

{Disclaimer: Inuyasha doesn't belong to me so don't sue. ::sighs:: unless someone would like to give him to me. I would have a ball playing with those ears.}

You Don't Know What You Have 'Till It's Gone

By Striking Falcon

Chapter Thirteen: Rest

Sesshoumaru landed on Rin's balcony a few hours later, controlling his breath to keep from panting. He set Rin down and entered the room, Kagome still in his arms. Rin looked up at her.

"Will she be o. k. ?" she asked as she stretched out on her bed. Sesshoumaru nodded as Rin's eyes closed. He caught his breath while he waited for Rin's breathing to steady. Before falling into a deep sleep, Rin reached for him. Sesshoumaru spared one hand, clasping it around hers.

"Sesshoumaru-sama?" she asked sleepily.

"Yes, Rin?"

"Stay with Kagome." She rubbed her face against his hand before drifting off to sleep.

"Please."

Her breathing slowed, and Sesshoumaru let out a sigh of relief. He left the room, informing a nearby servant to keep an eye on her when she woke up, and to make sure she eats. He entered Kagome's room. He kneeled beside her bed, gently lying her down. As he stood up to walk out, her hand wrapped around his index finger.

'What is it with these two and my hands?' Sesshoumaru looked at his hand, then into her tear stained face. 'When did she start crying?' he wondered. 'I must have been too tired to miss it.' Kagome blinked, a tear escaping her eyes and sliding down her cheek. Sesshoumaru kneeled down again and brushed it away.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice scratchy and hoarse. Sesshoumaru tilted his head, silver hair spilling onto Kagome's pillow.

"For what?" he whispered, catching another tear as it fell.

"For not letting me hurt Rin."

"I honestly do not believe you would have."

He looked at her, an endearing smile on his face. Kagome would have smiled back, but she was already asleep. Sesshoumaru tenderly removed his finger from her grasp and stood up. As he neared the door, Rin's request floated back to memory.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, stay with Kagome. Please."

He nodded to himself and stuck his head out the door. Another servant was briefed, this time to tell Jakken when her arrived not to disturb him, not to let anyone in and not to open this door until he left. Sesshoumaru turned around, shut the door, and positioned himself behind Kagome. She rolled over, making room for him in her stupor. Sesshoumaru shook his head affectionately, draped an arm over her waist, and went to sleep.

--------

SF: This chapter is ultra short, but it leads up to the next chapter. The next chapter will have a warning before the actual chapter, plus a star beside the chapter title. They all mean that the chapter has citrus like content, so if you're under the age then you shouldn't read it. If you do, then don't blame me when you're parents freak. Previews below.

Chapter Fourteen: Lost Control/ Bad Intentions (*)

"Let go."

"Get out."

Kagome eyes started to glow.

"Let go or die, toadie."

Responses:

FaLLeNGoDdEsSoFtHeMoOn: Thanks for the review and watch out for walls!

Raven: Thanks for staying with me for so long! The love doesn't go unnoticed!

Pua lahi lahi: I thought, with Kagome being weak and all, she should be the one to beat the brakes off Naraku. You know, poetic justice and all. Thanks for the review!

Jen: Thanks so much!

Sesshyangel: More fluff, coming up! Oh yeah, as for Sesshou's sexist comment, please ignore him. He's an ass.

Dark Topaz: Welcome to the nuthouse that is my archives. Enjoy your stay and please don't feed the dog brothers. They get cranky.

Lilfrozenfire: Naraku deserves a lot worse than I can dish out, believe me. I plan to do some real damage to that rat in 'Unexpected Allies'. Thanks for the compliments and I would be honored to read one of your stories.

Kagome look-alike: I'm almost finished. I should update the last chapter before school starts.

Magic-shield: Here you go, Naraku's head on a plate!

Mistress Fluffy: Thanks for the love! I don't know what other people's problem is either. It's so easy to hate, is it so hard to love? Spread the love, people, spread the love. Let me know when you start your new fic.

Ashleigh: I'm not too sure about the possessed part. The thing is, the dagger is like Inu's demon blood. You know, the 'when in doubt, kill anything in the direct vicinity'? That.

Setsuna Bu: I knew somebody would get that! That Naraku, such a kidder! Shame on him! Too bad I had to liquefy him! Muhahahaha!

Tenshi no Yami: I'm sorry to make you wait. I agree, waiting sucks! And Kagome IS scary without the dagger, so it only makes things worse. However, it also makes things interesting. Thanks for your review.

Amarome: Thanks!

Disturbed-demon-girl: I would never let anything happen to Rin. I value her like I value my muse. {::looks at muse, who's trying to climb into the dryer::} No!!! Don't do that! Get DOWN! I gotta go before she makes herself spring time fresh!

Hoshi-chan: Hoshi-chan's back! I've missed you! Don't leave me again! {::glomps Hoshi-chan::} It's lonely without you and the others! Thanks for your review!

Sugarhighs:P: Thanks so much for the praise and the love! I love you all too! Ya'll are like…oops. Southern accent resurfacing. You all are great!

I just want everyone to know that if you're having trouble reaching any of my stories, please go to media miner.org. No problems there.