InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know What You Have 'Till Its Gone ❯ Lost Control/ Bad Intentions (*) ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

{Disclaimer: Inuyasha doesn't belong to me so don't sue. ::sighs:: unless someone would like to give him to me. I would have a ball playing with those ears.}

You Don't Know What You Have 'Till It's Gone

By Striking Falcon

Chapter Fourteen: Lost Control/ Bad Intentions (*)

"Ah-CHOO!"

Kagome sniffed, swatting at whatever it was tickling her nose. The more she swatted, the more it tickled. She sneezed again before opening her eyes. Looking at the end of her nose, she brushed aside the white hair on it.

'White hair? I don't have white hair.'

Kagome became aware of some sort of weight on her chest. A well-built leg slid under hers, raising it off the bed and closer to what Kagome thought was someone's chest. She felt breathing on her neck. Kagome covered her eyes with her arm.

"Oh my God. What happened?"

A deep breath, a fluttering of eyelashes against her neck, and the weight on her shoulder lifted. Kagome uncovered her eyes just as Sesshoumaru propped himself on his elbows, his arms hooked around hers.

"Could you get off me please?" Kagome asked as Sesshoumaru shifted. The sudden movement alerted Kagome to exactly what position they were in. Sesshoumaru shook his head, eyes still closed as his face hovered inches above hers.

"Why?" Kagome asked, becoming more than frustrated.

"Rin said not to leave you alone."

"Rin did NOT say to fall asleep on me!"

"I am not on you."

"Yes you are. You'd know it if you'd open your eyes, pervert!"

Sesshoumaru scowled, then looked over his shoulder. His body covered hers, with Kagome's legs pressed against his waist. He closed his eyes and rested his head on her collarbone, laughter shaking his frame.

"So I am," he rumbled, the slight shaking becoming an earthquake against Kagome's chest. She turned red, her eyes narrowed.

"I'm glad you think its funny! Now get OFF!"

Sesshoumaru propped his head against his hand, his eyes closed again. One hand played in Kagome's hair, twirling the dark tresses between his fingers. He yawned, fangs glittering against the fading sunlight. Kagome giggled in spite of herself.

"What is so funny?" he asked, opening one eye. Kagome raised a hand over her mouth.

"You look like a sleepy puppy."

Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes and Kagome's giggle turned rambunctious. He shut his eyes and playfully snapped at her. This really got her going, her laughter so powerful she had to hide her face in her pillow to keep from hurting his ears. Sesshoumaru ignored her, choosing instead to play in her hair until her fit ended.

"Rin is not so silly."

Kagome paled, her giggles dying in her throat. "I forgot about Rin! Is she o.k.?"

Sesshoumaru's ear twitched, a thoughtful look on his face. "Right now," blink-blink "she and Jakken are arguing."

"About what?"

Twitch "She wants to go outside, but he does not."

Kagome shook her head. "Poor Rin."

"Poor Jakken when I get up."

"You could get up now," Kagome reminded him, tapping on his shoulder. Sesshoumaru scratched behind an ear thoughtfully before ignoring her. Kagome rolled her eyes.

"Why are you here, anyway?"

"Rin asked me to stay."

"Again, Rin didn't say to stay ON TOP of me. And since when did you take orders from a six year old?!"

Sesshoumaru shrugged. "You do not seem to mind."

Kagome blushed. "What makes you think that?"

"Because your legs are wrapped around my waist. I could not get up if I wanted to."

Kagome huffed and moved her legs to a more dignified position. (Or as dignified as you can get with some demon between your legs.) Sesshoumaru's eyes slid closed again. Kagome glared at him, silently willing a strong wind to pick him up and toss him across the room.

"Why are you so tired?" she asked, becoming worried about his condition.

"You try flying across a distance in a few hours that took you a month to walk."

"What happened to the 'I'm-a-great-demon-I-don't-get-tired' speech?"

Sesshoumaru snapped at her again, earning another giggle. She got carried away in her fit, curling herself around him in her glee. Sesshoumaru ignored her again, shaking his head.

'Now's my chance,' Kagome thought. She'd been thinking of a plan to get him off of her since she woke up, and his exposed neck gave her an idea. She reached up suddenly and snapped back at him, accidentally nicking his neck. Sesshoumaru froze.

"Are you o.k?" Kagome gasped, dabbing at the line of blood going down his neck. She felt him tense up, his eyes snapping open. For a moment, it looked like her life was over, then he took a deep breath, his eyes sliding closed again as Kagome fretted over his neck.

"I swear I didn't mean to do that," she said, the blood darkening against his pale features. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It did not hurt."

Kagome glared at him. "Sure, tough guy, and you bleed for nothing."

Sesshoumaru grasped her head in his hands, staring into her eyes. "Do you want to know how it feels?"

Kagome gulped. Visions of her head popping off her neck in a spurt of blood danced in her mind. She paled, her heartbeat speeding up. Sesshoumaru lowered his head, his face inches from hers.

"I am not going to lop your head off, if that is what you are thinking."

Kagome relaxed a little, thinking over the strange question. 'Well, Kagome, if he does decide to kill you, there isn't much you can do about it. Especially like this. Just give it up.' Kagome nodded reluctantly. Sesshoumaru smiled wickedly.

"Good. Do not move."

He sharply pushed her face to the side, stars flying against Kagome's vision. She gasped, panicking again as a claw lightly scratched behind her earlobe. She squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the end. Sesshoumaru pressed his mouth to her jugular, opening his lips slightly. He grazed a fang against her skin, feeling her shudder violently under him. He did it again, scratching her gently, then soothing the slight wound with his tongue. He felt Kagome relax, her scent twisting slightly. 'So she likes this,' he thought, smirking against her neck. 'Perhaps I can test her a little, to see what she'll be like in the future.'

Sesshoumaru slowly ran his tongue up her neck to her earlobe, gently biting her ear. Kagome gasped, her hands pushing his chest, struggling to get up. 'She's trying to fight me,' Sesshoumaru realized. 'I'll have none of that.' He grabbed her wrists and pinned her hands to her sides, continuing his ministrations to her neck. Kagome struggled against him, her frantic wriggling futile.

"Sesshoumaru," she panted, trying to lift her arms. "Let me up."

He ignored her, tracing feather kisses along her collarbone. Kagome's breathing quickened.

"Let me up, or I'll scream."

"Please do," he muttered, his lips grazing the soft flesh between her throat and her chest. "Just be mindful of my ears."

Kagome struggling became a full on fight, twisting and turning under him, trying to throw him to the floor. Sesshoumaru growled and dropped his entire weight on her small frame, knocking the wind out of her. It effectively stopped her struggling.

"Do not be so stubborn," he whispered, his mouth tracing her jaw line. "And do not fight me."

Kagome relaxed a little, but squeezed her eyes shut. Sesshoumaru licked the corner of her mouth, smiling when she jumped.

"Better, but not much. You know you like this," he whispered, waiting for her reaction. Kagome's eyes flew open, resentment flashing across her face.

"Why you arrogant bas-"

Sesshoumaru pressed his lips to hers, silencing the oncoming insult. Kagome's eyes widened, then fluttered closed. 'Maybe this isn't so bad,' she thought, her hands intertwining behind his neck. 'When I want him to stop, all I have to do is blast him off. Of course there is the off chance that I might have to kill him afterwards, but I'll worry about that bridge when I come to it.'

Sesshoumaru's control gradually slipped the instant her felt her give in. The simple, chaste kiss quickly turned fervent as Sesshoumaru's hands returned to the sides of her face. He licked her bottom lip, smirking when she gave a slight moan. Sesshoumaru softly bit the same lip. Her mouth slacked open. He lapped at the inside of it, growling in satisfaction. Kagome kissed him back, their tongues dueling in a gentler kind of fight. Sesshoumaru opened his eyes, expecting to stare into Kagome's soft blues. Instead, her eyes were lighter, glowing slightly. 'Maybe you should move,' Sesshoumaru's common sense whispered. Sesshoumaru dismissed it, closing his eyes again. Instead of the darkness that normally awaited him, an image burned into his mind's eye.

They were in the same field the caught her running across the night she tried to escape. The rain beat down on their naked skin. A bolt of lightening lit up the field, bathing them in light. Sesshoumaru's illusion rocked himself against Kagome's, his hips rubbing against hers.

Sesshoumaru growled again, unaware that he was mimicking his alter self. His hips rubbed against hers, his evident arousal brushing against her. Kagome pulled him closer. One arm wrapped around her waist, the other lifted them off the bed. He felt Kagome warm against him, painfully aware of her heaving breasts against his chest. She sighed against his mouth, her hands caressing his face.

Thunder peeled across the sky as he lifted her, her head lulling back as he kissed her neck. His thrusts became sharper, more insistent, yet mindful of the frail human under him. She pressed her body to him, willing them to meld together.

Sesshoumaru's control slipped again, this time a little farther than even he would have allowed. He raised Kagome's leg, a claw ripping the fabric of her hakama. He slid his hand through the opening, gently kneading her leg. Kagome pressed her lips to his, her tongue tracing along a fang. Sesshoumaru drew in a sharp breath, and his control completely vanished.

'Take her,' a little voice whispered in the back of Sesshoumaru's mind.

'No.'

'Why not?'

'I do not have to.'

The voice laughed. 'You're right, but if you do, she'll have to stay.'

'She stays anyway.'

'No, you told her you'd wait. If you go ahead, Inuyasha can't take her away.'

Sesshoumaru growled threateningly, disturbed at the thought. Kagome stiffened, her hands pressed against his chest. Sesshoumaru rubbed their noses together, then kissed her again when she relaxed.

'You almost got fried, my friend.'

'I am not your friend.'

'Why? I only want you to be happy, to fulfill the little fantasy she put in your head.'

Sesshoumaru's eyes widened. 'Kagome did that?'

The voice laughed again. Surely you didn't think that was all you. Seems she changes when she's 'excited' too. She wants to as much as you do.'

'I am not my father. I will not give in to this human's influence.'

'It won't be giving in. It will be enjoying a forbidden pleasure. She's not in heat, so you have one less thing to worry about. Don't worry, she'll still kiss you when you rip her kimono to shreds

Still pull you closer when you slide inside her

Kagome shifted against his hips slightly, nearly scattering his thoughts.

Still move so alluringly under you as you bring her closer to the edge

Sesshoumaru pressed his head against her chest, trying to hold firm what little control he still had.

'Her scent teasing your every core. She'd even shiver in pleasure when you mark her.'

Kagome reached down, raised his head and kissed him. The little voice in Sesshoumaru's head slowly

pushed him aside, taking over.

'Come on. She wants this too. Stop being so cautious.'

Sesshoumaru stopped fighting, nearly crushing his lips to Kagome's. She smiled, glad to see him back with her. Sesshoumaru opened his eyes, gazing into hers. Seeing the obvious azure, he noticed something missing from her gaze. He could see her passion, her intent, but not her love.

He didn't have her love.

'I can not.'

What?!'

'I can not.' Sesshoumaru raised himself off her, one leg swinging off the bed.

'Why the FUCK not?!'

'I want her to love me as much as I love her.'

Sesshoumaru froze, his eyes wide and unseeing.

'Tricked you…' the voice called as it faded back, leaving Sesshoumaru with his confession.

'I do not love her. She is human.'

His heart told him different. He tried to stand, but Kagome kicked his foot out from under him. Sesshoumaru landed back on top of her. She brushed her lips against his, their foreheads pressed together. Sesshoumaru closed his eyes, struggling between allowing her to continue, taking things one step further, or bolting out of the room as she licked his lips. She lightly sucked on his bottom lip, sending a jolt straight through his groin. He rubbed his nose against hers, resettling against her. She moaned in contentment.

'This feels right.'

'That's because it is. This little 'human', as you call her, is more your equal than any demon you'll ever meet. And you do love her, by the way.'

Sesshoumaru shook his head free, stood up, and left the room in a flurry of white cloth.

++++++++

'What in the hell is wrong with you?' the voice asked as Sesshoumaru flung open his study door. The door nearly split in two on its frame, sliding closed with the force. Sesshoumaru sank into the nearest chair, his face in his hands.

'You just left her! Are you crazy? Now she'll want to leave.'

'She should. She is more trouble than she is worth.'

'You don't mean that and you know it.'

'When did I become slave to my own thoughts?'

Sesshoumaru rubbed his eyes. He wanted to go back, to rest his head on her shoulder and sleep.

'Then why don't you?'

'I do not need her.'

'Tisk tisk. It isn't good to lie to yourself.'

Sesshoumaru stood up and walked to the window. Looking down to the garden, he remembered the day she taught Rin to fight. He smiled, remembering how embarrassed she was when he caught her.

'The little fool. She would have killed herself. When will she learn to be more careful?'

Sesshoumaru leaned against the wall, thinking about the monster that tried to eat Rin. 'That was the first day she used such power. And to think, she could have destroyed me in the process.'

'But she made sure you were safe, remember? She looked back before attacking.'

'And?'

'And has it ever occurred to you that having pups with her might result in a greater race of demons. Think about it. They would have your strength, and her ability. Especially the females. And how funny would it be to see little pups with her dark hair and blue eyes? She wouldn't be pushed aside so easily either. She'd defend them, and may the gods help anyone foolish enough to insult you, or hurt them.'

'What about her lifespan? She will not live as long as me.'

'You know like I do that when you mark her, you'll alter her lifespan. She'll live as long as you do, aging just like you. Those are the powers of the miko, after all.'

'But she does not love me.'

'But you could change that.'

'I could, couldn't I?'

Sesshoumaru smiled, liking the idea. He opened his eyes, watching the fireflies light up the field.

++++++

'That jackass!' Kagome thought, angrily splashing the water aside. She was in the basement of the castle, in one of the many hot springs.

'How could I have been so stupid? He's been playing with me this whole time! Just like Inuyasha!' She lowered herself in the water, silently fuming.

'Well, that's the last straw! I've had it! I'm through being some chew toy for two stupid dogs! I'm going home!'

"Get out of there, you nasty girl, before you taint Sesshoumaru-sama's bath!" Jakken shrieked, interrupting Kagome's thoughts. She turned around and crossed her arms, propping them on the edge of the spring.

"Who said you could use it anyway?

"Sesshoumaru said so."

Jakken shook his fist at her. "He wasn't talking about THIS one, you lowly ingrate."

Kagome rolled her eyes and turned her back on the little toad, her hair draping over the side. Jakken grabbed a fist full and yanked, nearly dragging Kagome out with one tug. Jakken brought her face to upside down face, glowering. Kagome glared at him.

"Let go."

"Get out."

Kagome eyes started to glow.

"Let go or die, toadie."

Jakken ran screaming for his master, leaving Kagome to finish her bath.

------

SF: Kagome and I are STILL in the rafters! God! What does it take for us to get down from here?

Inuyasha: You called? {::lands beside SF and Kagome.::}

SF: Inuyasha, you're a life saver! {::glomps Inuyasha:: ::They both fall from the rafters to the stage with a thump::}

SF: Oh crap!

{Sesshou wakes up. He sees SF and smiles.}

Sesshou: There you are, birdy! Come here!

SF: Eep! {::Runs offstage, with Sesshou in hot pursuit::}

Inuyasha: The previews and the responses are below. {::looks up and sees Kagome still in the rafters::} Crap! I'm coming!

Chapter Fifteen: Easy Going

"Run, Sesshoumaru. Please."

"Why? It has stopped."

Kagome opened her eyes, staring into his. Sesshoumaru fought the urge to gasp. Kagome's eyes flickered, changing from her natural bluish-gray, to cerulean-silver, straight silver, and pure gold.

"I don't want to hurt you. Take these instructions to Sango. She can help me."

Oh yeah, this is the chapter that got this story deleted from ff.net, just in case you're wondering.