InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Zinc ❯ And the Fun Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: HOLA! LunaStar* is back with her newest story Zinc! Sorry if I'm past my due date. I said I would be back by the 11th. Oops! But it was worth it! I've been thinking on how to put the whole first chapter together. But I think I've got it down and I'm ready to write! I hope you wuv this story because I worked REALLY hard to plan it all out. Oh and remember to R&R. OR ELSE! You don't want to know what the “else” is trust me. Ask my co-writer she'll tell you. I know people. Well anyway, let's unveil the newest LunaStar* creation! CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Chapter 1: And the Fun Begins
 
 
Kouga and Miroku were sitting in a little apartment with papers scattered all over the table. Kouga had his head resting on one hand while Miroku was almost about to break the pen in his hands from the frustration. Sango was standing behind Miroku with her hands on his shoulders. They had been auditioning female singers all day. Some were pitchy, some were off tempo, some were too quiet, and some didn't have the look. The one standing before them seemed to be screeching more than singing.
 
“Thank you!” Kouga shouted before she would break the window. “We'll…we'll call you.” Kouga watched as the girl smiled and walked out the door.
 
“Was she singing or running her nails down a chalkboard?” Miroku asked, rubbing his temples.
 
“Throw in killing a cat and I think she was doing all three,” Sango added.
 
“Do we have any more aspirin?” Miroku asked.
 
“No. We finished the bottle during the eighteenth audition,” Kouga answered.
 
“Ugh, shit. Why did we even have to audition all these girls?”
 
“Because Sesshomaru said we needed a girl in the band. And he is the manager.”
 
“So why couldn't he do this? Instead of making us do it?”
 
“Because he's Sesshomaru.” Sango said rolling her eyes. “I don't even know why I'm here, I'm not in the band.”
 
“Because I would die without you here.” Miroku said.
 
“Eh, I'll get through it.” Sango shrugged. Kouga chuckled to himself.
 
“Whatever. Anyway, that was the last audition. Halleluiah!” Miroku threw his hands in the air.
 
“But we still haven't found any—,” Kouga was cut off by a knock at the door. “Come in!” he shouted.
 
There walked in a young woman with black ebony hair and dark brown eyes. She wore a white tank top and navy jeans with white flip-flops.
 
“AHH!” Sango shrieked as she rushed to the girl and picked her up into a tight embrace. “Kagome! I can't believe you're here! I missed you!”
 
“Uh Sango?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I can't…breathe,” Kagome said barely getting it out.
 
“Oh! Sorry!” Sango let of her. “It's just…you're here! I haven't seen you in two years!”
 
“Yeah college can do that to you.” Kagome smiled.
 
“Kagome!”
 
“Miroku! How are you?”
 
“Fine,” Miroku hugged her and reached his hand…
 
“Don't. Try it.”
 
Miroku backed off and shrugged, “I see you still remember me.”
 
Kagome nodded and rolled her eyes, “All too well.”
 
Kagome turned to say hi to Kouga but Miroku…
 
SLAP!
 
“What the hell Miroku?!” Kagome shouted.
 
“What? You forgot I always try a second attempt.”
 
She shook her head, “Hi, Kouga.” She simply waved at him.
 
“That's all he gets? A wave?” Sango questioned.
 
“Well me and Ayame went to the same college, so I saw a lot of Kouga.”
 
“And speaking of Ayame,” Kouga took Kagome's wrist and pulled her into the kitchen, “Now Kagome you know I've been with Ayame a long time…”
 
“A-huh.” Kagome nodded.
 
“And you know I love her. A lot.”
 
“A-huh.”
 
“Well I want to spend the rest of my life with her.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened, “Oh wow.”
 
“Do you see where I'm going with this?”
 
“I think so.”
 
“Well I'm just gonna say it. I'm going to ask her to marry me.”
 
“Oh my god. Kouga!” Kagome threw her arms around him. “I'm so happy for you!”
 
“But I need your help.”
 
“Sure! Anything!”
 
“I need help with getting a ring for Ayame.”
 
“That's it? Of course!”
 
“Thanks. I owe you.”
 
“No problem!” The both of them walked back out to Miroku and Sango.
 
“So what brings you here?” Miroku asked.
 
“Well I saw the flyer you guys put up and…” She bit her lip.
 
“You want to audition?” Kouga finished. Kagome nodded.
 
“This is great! Kagome has an awesome voice!” Sango said excitedly.
 
“You do?” Kouga asked.
 
“That's up to you guys,” Kagome responded.
 
“Oh whatever. She's just being modest.” Sango said.
 
“Well show us what you got!” Miroku exclaimed.
 
Kagome walked to the big space in front of the table. She took a deep breath and sang the song from Cold As You by Taylor Swift. Her pitch was perfect, she was right on tempo, and was at a good volume. She was perfect. When she stopped Miroku, Sango, and Kouga's mouths were all hanging wide open. Kagome was confused by their expressions.
 
“Was I bad?” Kagome asked.
 
“I loved it!” Sango yelled, clapping her hands.
 
“Thank you Paula Abdul,” Kouga rolled his eyes. “Randy?” Kouga asked directing it towards Miroku.
 
“Why do I have to be Randy?” Miroku complained.
 
“'Cause I'm the mean one.”
 
“You got that right.” Sango snapped.
 
“I thought it was great. Best I've heard all day.” Miroku praised. “Simon?”
 
Kouga faked a British accent, “Kagome I'm not going to lie to you.”
 
Kagome laughed at his accent, “Oh no,” she acted as if she was scared.
 
“I actually listened to your performance.”
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow.
 
“In a good way.”
 
“Oh well, thank you good sir.” Kagome mocked his British accent.
 
“Your very welcome. You're hired!”
 
Kagome smiled widely. “But wait, what do you guys play?”
 
“Well I play the drums, and Kouga plays the bass guitar, and…that's it!” Miroku explained. Kouga looked at him with a confused expression.
 
“What are talking about? What about—?”
 
Miroku covered his mouth, “No one!”
 
“Miroku there's still—” Sango started but Miroku also covered her mouth.
 
“Can I talk to you two? In the kitchen?” Miroku pushed them into the kitchen.
 
“What's a matter with you?” Sango whispered loudly.
 
“We can't tell her.” Miroku whispered.
 
“What do you mean? Its just Inuyasha.” Kouga started but was cut off by Miroku.
 
“Inuyasha as in Kagome's ex.”
 
“Oh,” Kouga and Sango said.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“I forgot about that.” Sango admitted.
 
“Me too. It was four years ago. I'm pretty sure their over each other.” Kouga pointed out
 
“Oh they're over each other.” Miroku nodded.
 
“Good.”
 
“They just want to kill each other now!”
 
“I think you're overreacting just a tad bit Miroku.” Sango put in.
 
“Sango remember when they ran into each other about two years ago?”
 
“Oh yeah that was bad.”
 
“Wait they ran into each other two years ago?” Kouga questioned.
 
“Yep. The moment they saw each other they started fighting on the spot,” Sango explained.
 
“Which is why we are now not allowed into that China shop anymore.” Miroku rubbed the back of his neck.
 
“Are you serious? What happened?”
 
“We'll tell you later, but right now we need to tell Kagome about Inuyasha.” Sango demanded.
 
“Why? Can't we tell her later?” Miroku whined.
 
Suddenly Kouga's cell phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and answered it. “Hello? Where have you been? We've already…yeah…I don't care if they were selling shades at half price…yeah we've found someone,” Kouga peeked out of the doorway at Kagome sitting by herself, “Yeah I guess you could say she's hot.” Sango slapped him in the arm. “Ouch…yeah it was her…how'd you guess? True…okay see you in a few.”
 
Kouga sighed, “Speak of the devil, he's on his way.”
 
“Shit!”
 
“We have to tell her now.” Sango demanded again.
 
“Okay.” The three of them walked out to Kagome.
 
She stood up, “Will someone please tell me what's going on?”
 
Miroku stepped forward, “Kagome there is another person in the band.”
 
“Okay?”
 
“And…Sango wants to tell you who it is!”
 
“What?!” Miroku pushed Sango forward. Sango glared at him but turned to Kagome with a big smile. “Um…well the other band member is…someone Kouga knows a lot better then I do!” Sango pushed Kouga forward.
 
“Well someone tell me already?!” Kagome shouted, irritated. But then, the door opened. There, before stood a man with silver hair and little dog ears. He wore white shirt that was overlapped with a red jacket and jeans. He also wore black sunglasses but took them off to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Which also revealed golden eyes. Kagome glowered at him. They'd never thought they see each other again. At least, they hoped.
 
“What is that doing here?!” Inuyasha and Kagome both shouted, pointing at each other.
 
“Don't call me a `that'! Well you are! Stop that! I'll stop when you stop! UGH!” (All of this is at the same time) Kagome and Inuyasha both turned away from each other.
 
“And the fun begins!” Miroku exclaimed sarcastically.
 
@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*
 
A\N: Hey! How was that for a first chapter? Not my best but KEEP READING it gets better. You find out a lot more along the way. Later I will explain what happened in the China Shop and what happened with Inuyasha and Kagome. So you won't want to miss that! Once I get this going for a few chapters, I'll start my other story. My co-writer says it's hard to try to juggle two stories at once. I bet it is but…IT”S SUMMER VACATION! I've got time! So keep reading, R&R OR ELSE! Please people R&R! And remember LunaStar* wuvs you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
~LunaStar*