Invader Zim Fan Fiction ❯ Zims War ❯ The Departure ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Departure
 
Tak was sitting in the waiting room of a ship repair center. She came in earlier that day and was now just twiddling her thumbs until someone came and said her vessel was ready to go.
“Excuse me, but are you Tak-arri? The one waiting for the Voot Runner to be fixed?” asked a small Vort worker. Tak growled with anger before kicking him into the air, grabbing him by the neck, and pinning him to the wall with one hand, while putting a laser gun to his throat.
“How DARE you Vort Management DRONE!! You should know better than to address one of your ruling races soldiers by their name!” Tak said losing her cool for a moment.
“AHHH! p-please…for…forgive me my mighty Irken master!” The worker struggled to say with gun cutting off his vocal patters.
“That's more like it.” Tak said making sure this guy learned his lesson. “Now what do you want?” She asked the now terrified drone as she dropped him from the wall.
“W-we h-have a…s-s-slight pro….problem.” The worker was barley able to say. Tak shot a death glare at him, expecting an answer right then and there. “Y-your ship it's…it's to badly damaged for a quick repair, But If we work through the night you'll have your ship early tomorrow morning.” The drone spoke nervously, knowing his next word could be his last.
Tak ended her look of terror and closed her eyes breathing in deeply to control her growing fury. She responded with a sigh.
Very well then. I will hold you to that statement.” And with those last words she walked out the door, leaving the Vortion slave to cower; which he did for a while, but then got up and started having a fit. He walked back into the work room and sat down at the small break table that they were allowed.
“Oh, hey Lard Nar, What's going on?” said a fellow Vort worker.
“Can you believe these stupid Irken ASSHOLES!!” he said a little too loudly.
“I…I don't know what your talking about.” His friend said sweating.
“Oh come on you know just as well as I do, that this so called Ruling Race is full of CRAP! I Just Got Beaten By Some Irk Girl For Saying Her Name! GOD! How Fucking Far Have I Fallen?! I used to be the LEADER of the Resisty! What the hell happened to me?!...” The other Vortion looked at Lard Nar in a nervous way and made a little gesture with his hand, swiping by his neck, signaling him to stop talking. Lard Nar ceased his rant and turned around to see a very tall Irken slave driver standing there with his arms crossed. He was immediately taken away and put in solitary confinement. His fellow worker just shrugged and Thought to himself…
`Well it's not all bad. I remember hearing the guards talk about a civil war on the Irken home-world. Apparently it's the royalists…versus the revolutionaries. Royalists believing that their current way of lifestyle is fine, but revolutionaries believing that they should stop invading, and release their captured planets. Not a bad idea actually. I think that an Irken revolution would turn this whole universal conquest thing backwards on the evil race, destroying it from within, and…' “OUCH!!” the special collar he was forced to wear shocked him for thinking against the empire.
Meanwhile…
Tak sat in her cab with the side of her head leaning against the window. She started to think about all that has happened to her recently.
___
She had been a drift in that stupid escape pod for a whole year. She crash landed on planet Dirt, of all places, and was stranded there. Fortunately know one new of her arrival. If she was found they would have her immediately put her back to work.
Those stupid banishment guardians were the worst. They didn't know that she was supposed to be free 8 years into her sentence on that filth redden planet. Over the course of 4 and a half years, after crash landing, she was able to use some spare parts to fashion a Voot runner, which she used to go back to Earth and get her revenge on Zim.
Everything was going great until she got knocked out by those pigs. She kept asking herself, why would Zim treat her wounds? It was a strange thing to do and it caught her completely off guard.
She let the burns heal which took about two days. In that time, they shared some peaceful moments, and she was surprised that both actually enjoyed each others company somewhat. She tried to keep her distance though, only talking to Zim when it was necessary. But when she did, it turned out to be nice. He never yelled at her, or anything, and he was polite.
Her burns might have healed quicker if GIR wasn't constantly bugging her with his idiocy. She got so feed up with it that she actually reconfigured his brain so that he can take orders properly. When she was done she told him to “Go be stupid outside, and don't come back in until after I'm gone.”
 
Her head no longer had any traces of burns on it so she decided that if there had ever been a time to get revenge, it was now. She got up and started for the trash can elevator, but then stopped and started to rethink killing Zim. I mean he didn't seem to express any ill will toward her, and he doesn't seem to have a problem helping people anymore. Maybe…he's changed? Maybe if they could just talk for a little while.
She immediately shook that idea, but it started to creep back into her head before she could completely forget it. Maybe Zimis different now? She tried to shake these thoughts but they wouldn't leave. She thought that the best thing for her to do at that point was to just…go.
I have to get out of here and just clear my head of these ridiculous thoughts. She heard Zim coming up the elevator, so she activated her spider legs and clung to the ceiling. She waited until the coast was clear before going down to the lab and retrieving her ship. It was badly damaged and the hole she came through had already been closed up. So she decided to make a new one….
_____
`Well, the past few years have been rather…eventful.' She thought. `But I still can't stop asking myself, Why didn't I just Kill Zim? He was right there and I just ran. I could have even blasted him with the lasers on my ship when I flew out, but I didn't. I let him go.'
She stopped and tried to answer her own question. `Maybe, I didn't kill him, because he didn't kill me. He was so nice to me when I was there. I couldn't believe he didn't finish me off when I woke up.'
She paused and looked out the window. The taxi had arrived at the hotel she would be staying at for the night. The driver spoke…
“That will be 67 munneys Ma'am.” Tak paid him and got out to go register in the hotel. The first thought she had once in her room was to lie down and try to get some rest. Unfortunately before she got the chance, an alarm in her Pak went off…(take a wild guess at what happens to her next.)
Back on Earth…
“GIR!” Zim yelled. “Get in here! We're going on a little trip.”
“Yes Sir!” his robot responded with professionally, but the proceeded to walk in the house on his hands giggling like a maniac. Zim was surprised to here the news of his planets power struggle. The government had never had anything like this happen before.
He packed up a few of his possessions. Uniforms, weaponry, Self destruct device, his gun, and for some reason he thought to bring the memory core for Taks SIR Unit. He went down to the lab to retrieve it.
“Now where did I put that Thing…?” He said to himself. For some reason he couldn't find it. “Oh well.” He said, and walked back to the elevator. He made sure to download his computers brain onto a disk. He was going to have to destroy his base so that its technology wasn't found and reverse engineered, but he wanted to save his computers personality.
“Well, is that all we need GIR” Zim asked felling confident he remembered everything.
“I don't Know…” He responded innocently.
“Well…okay then…that works for me.” Zim motioned GIR into the ship.
“Master, where's we goin?” GIR asked him so innocently.
“We have been drafted by the Irken. They need all active invaders to come and help with the impending battles with Idiots who don't realize how good they have it on our home world.” Zim responded in a slightly angry tone. GIR remained silent after that.
Once they were on board, Zim started the engine and they were off. In the air GIR looked back at the house he had lived in for years. As far as he was concerned it was home. The only real home he has ever had. There were so many good memories there.
“Goodbye…house…” GIR said under his breath in such a slow and depressing voice that you would have cried if you were there. Zim noticed this and hesitated on pushing the button that would destroy his base. He decided to wait until they were out of the Earths atmosphere before he did.
GIR was still looking back so he didn't see Zim push the button, but almost as soon as he did…a single tear rolled down GIRs face and he turned to face the front with a blank stare. Soon after he sunk low in his chair and started to sob lightly. Zim looked at his robot and felt sympathy for him.
“Hey..” Zim said in a calm voice. “…Put your chin up buddy, we'll be back.” He placed his hand on GIRs back, and the robot looked up at him. He said still sobbing a little…
“Do-do you really think so?” He asked in a more hopeful tone.
“Of course I do.” Zim said with a heartworming smirk. When he noticed GIRs expression didn't change, he reassured him with a big “I Promise…” GIR smiled at this and then began to dry his tears.
“Next stop…Conventi-uh…you know, that's where you were born GIR.” Zim told him. He looked up inquisitively, with wide eyes waiting to here the rest of the story.
END OF CHAPTER 4…