Invader Zim Fan Fiction ❯ Zims War ❯ The Truth About The Mission ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Truth About The Mission
 
Dib sat in his padded cell, upside down, and staring out of the bared window into the night sky. It had already been a month and a few weeks sense he was put in this god forsaken hole. He was actually beginning to lose his grasp on reality. His perception of things was now a little deluded and he was beginning to hallucinate. The more obvious figments of his imagination could be cast aside. But sometimes they got to him.
He was sitting against the cell wall one night and ignoring the visions of a giant spider crawling up his face. He started to think about more pressing matters
“I wonder if there really IS a problem with my head meat…I mean! BRAIN!...HA! YOU ALMOST COUGHT ME!!” Dib said to know one… “But I'M to SMART FOR YOU ALL!! ALL OF YOU!!...hehe…hee he-ha!!!...I WIN!” Dib spoke randomly at the shadows (as he often did for the past few days) and then started to drift into a sleepy state.
“You!...you know I won. I!...I…I'm tired.” He said with a yawn. “goin to bed now…” He slowly started to blink his eyes closed. After blinking once he saw a figure standing in front of him on the outside of his cell door. He paid no mind, thinking it was just a guard looking in on him to see if he needed to be sedated. But upon hearing a voice he sat up quickly.
“Good to see you again Dib-Stink!!” the figure said in a familiar tone.
“Zim!” Dib clenched his teeth and bit his lip trying to awaken himself from this dream he's having…but to no avail. “WHAT!!...the hell DO you WANT! Zim!!” Dib emphasized his words wrong.”
“Oh, I just came along to rub in the fact that I'm about to destroy this puny planets moon and let the tides do some of my work for me!” Zim said with an evil grin.
“NOOO! You can't do that!” Dib protested.
“HAHAHAHAHA! Of course I can Dib. As long as you're in here; I can do whatever I want.” Zim stated. This caused something to TICK, in Dibs brain. These words echoed through his head.
As long…as your in here, I can do whatever I want. Dib glared at the fake Zim in front of him and made it disappear.
It was only another figment of my broken mind.” Dib said in a dull tone. True it was only a hallucination, but that doesn't mean it was wrong. He realized that his subconscious was trying to tell him something. So he slipped out of his straight jacket (with ease) and, at that point, made up his mind that it was time to go.
Know one else new about Zim, so it was up to him to stop the evil alien threat.
Dib reached into his coat and pulled out a few pieces of scrap metal, a remote, a battery, and some old gum wrappers. He used all of these things to fashion himself a laser capable of cutting through the steal door. Once outside the cell, he sneaked past every guard and managed to make it out of the asylum.
The first place he went was Zims base. His eyes grew wide as he approached, not a house, but a big patch of dirt where a large alien base used to be. He just dropped to his knees and started to laugh…It was kind of creepy.
To Think! All This Time, Zim Wasn't Even Real! Or was he?...I Don't know I'm to Fucking CRAZY!! HaHaHaHa!" The maniacal freak outs soon died down, and he just fell to his knees and looked at the ground.
“I guess…I do belong in that asylum.” Dib said in a shuddering voice. It was cracking now from all the laughing.
“Oh no you don't.” A voice spoke on his left. He awkwardly turned his head to see who was talking, but there wasn't anyone else outside but him.
“Who…who said that?” Dib barely got out of his soar throat.
“You did!” The same voice spoke again from the right this time. Only when he turned to look, He saw a figure standing over him looking down. “Wow…” the figure said, “..you look pretty damn pitiful right now.”
“Dib sat up. “Who are you?” He asked.
“Didn't we just do this…I'M Y-O-U!” The figure said making its face visible. This thing actually looked just like Dib. “I can tell you look confused, allow me to explain. We have already established the fact that you are horrendously insane, okay, you're Wacko, a total Koo-Koo Platter…” he was cut off by Dib
“Yes I Get It!” He exclaimed.
“Good, you see I'm the one un-broken piece of your brain that's left. All of your other parts have been damaged.” Dib listened inventively.
“And I had to make my presence known or else I would have been destroyed myself. So I'm going to stay out here a while so you don't drift completely into madness, you know giving you advice and making sure you don't kill anyone. But you are the only one who can see or hear me. So let's not speak in public.” Dibs shoulders sunk at this last statement.
“So, I'm talking to myself right now.” Dib stated bluntly.
“Yea I guess, if you want to put it so black and white.” His psyche told him.
“Okay then. So…um Me, what now?” Dib sighed.
“I suggest we go find your little alien friend, and make sure he doesn't destroy the universe.” Dibs brain said.
“Not a bad idea brainy. I placed a tracking device on Zims Ship, so if it hasn't been obliterated, we can still find him.” Dib said in a hope full tone.
And with that, they set off on a quest for a really, really, really pointless reason.
Meanwhile…
Zim woke up in front of his ships controls. The auto-pilot was engaged and he was headed straight for Conventi-uh. He had been flying for only 1 month and he wasn't even close. He remembered that it was a 6 month trip the first time. He was already feeling the effects of resting in his ship. A bad back, a soar neck, and his sleep schedule was way off. He was beginning to contemplate sleeping at an Inn for a night. GIR had cheered up since they last left. Zim turned his head to see the robot still sleeping.
“Well I guess he would enjoy a nice sleep for once.” He was a little more awake now, so he decided to get a breakfast package from the freezy box in the back. He reached in and pulled out a little baggy, which he put in a synthesizer right above it. 3 seconds later the food was ready, and he pulled out a full Irken breakfast. Zim ate quickly and went back to the cock-pit to wake his robot up. To his surprise, GIR was already awake and stretching.
“Mornin Master!” he said in his normal tone.
“Um, good morning…GIR.” Zim said rather perplexed by the greeting. “Any way, I came in here to ask if you wanted to stop today and stay at a hotel.” Zim told him.
“I sure do!!” He responded.
“Alright then. The last hotel for 100 light-years is just up ahead.” And so they parked their ship in a space and went inside.
Afew hours earlier
Tak was flying her newly repaired ship and was on her way to Conventi-uh herself. The repairs took even longer than they were supposed to. The thing was one big delay.
“I can't believe I was drafted. I thought the empire had a competent military…one that could destroy any arising threat. This will put my revenge plans on hold until the whole thing blows over.” She was talking to herself. She never had to do that with Mimi around.
Tak looked back to the corner of her ship, and saw the broken robot. “Maybe it's about time I fixed her.” Tak said looking down at the drawer under the console. She pulled out the memory core which she stashed in there after she left Earth.
“It's a good thing I noticed this thing sitting on the table in Zims lab.” Tak said to herself, but then quickly slapped her head for having another internal conversation. Getting up and walking to the back, she grabbed the deactivated body and pulled it along side her into the second room on the ship. Inside was a work table with tools and spare parts laid out across it. She looked at the items before her, and then sat Mimi down on the table and got to work.
6 Hours Later…
“Okay…. Mimi is recharging, and I'm REALLY tired.” She passed a billboard. Oh look, a hotel.” Tak said to herself...again. “Last one for 100 light-years.” She repeated off the advertisement “Well I guess I…” She hesitates. “….Guess I better stop talking to myself.” She finished in a dry, defeated tone while walking over to the controls to turn into the ship parking lot.
Once inside she immediately looked for the clerk. She spotted the help desk and walked over to get a room. To her surprise, another Irken was already there. It was nice to see someone of the same race at the counter. By the looks of him, he was an invader, and had a SIR. He was about as tall as her, and was paying for his room. Tak peered over the counter.
“Hello, room for one please.” She asked politely…ish.
“Sure thing Miss, we have a full luxury suit available. If you want it?” The clerk told her.
“Hey!..” Said a familiar voice from right next to her. “ No fair I asked for one of those before she even walked in!” The Irken next to her complained.
`It can't be...' Tak thought to herself and nervously turned her head.
“Well the room just opened up.” The clerk argued back. As the two argued, Tak just stared jaw dropped by the fact that, ZIM….was standing in front of her.
“I must be dreaming..” She said out loud. This stopped the argument and caused Zim to look at her.
“Oh!.. Hey Tak.” Was the only thing he could think to say. Tak just closed her mouth, slouched forward and half closed her eyes, here antenna falling over her face.
`I'm not dreaming…damn-it!' She continued to think. Then just spun around to face the door.
“Good bye Zim…” She said in a very dull voice before walking out.
“Wait!” Zim called and chased after her. GIR shrugged and got up on top of the counter to start talking with the clerk. Zim followed Tak outside trying to get her attention. “Hey Tak c'mon answer me, Why did you leave?” Zim almost pleaded for an answer. “Tak!, Please answer….me?” Tak continued to walk, but then came to an abrupt halt. She looked up, and stared in bewilderment.
He stopped and noticed she was staring at something. He looked in the direction she was, and a wave of shock flew down his spine. “m-mma…my….MY SHIP!! What the Hell Happened!!” Zim screamed. He stared for a moment; the whole vessel had been flipped upside down, beaten and hung from the ceiling of the parking complex.
He narrowed his eyes when he saw two masked guys jumping out of the now totaled ship. As soon as they hit the ground, he was already standing right behind them in the shadows, with his head down, and ready to attack.. The vandals didn't notice him, and before they knew what was going on, Zim was already pinning each one to the ground with the sharp points of his spider legs. They squirmed in protest but Zim just sunk the tips of the legs deep into each one of their shoulders.
“OWWWW!” They both screamed in unison. The spider legs remained penetrating their shoulders, but bent so Zim could get a little closer to the punks. Tak looked on in amazement. She didn't even see Zim move from standing right next to her. It all happened so quickly, and she didn't have time to react before it was over.
`His combat skills have improved.' She thought to herself.
“Hey! Tak..” Zim said not looking away from the enemy's he had on the ground. “Come here, I'm about to unmask the Filth that dared to defile my ship!” Zim commanded. Tak (out of curiosity) willingly complied and walked over. Zim held both of their masks, one in each hand, and pulled them off.
“Huh?! Irkens?!” Zim and Tak both shouted in a confused tone. And upon further inspection of the two's faces, Zim realized that he knew both of them. Invaders! They were there at the Great Assigning.
“SLAX! SKOOGE! What The Hell Are You Two Doing Here?! And Why The Fuck Did You Destroy My Ship?!” Zim yelled his questions at them. (A/N the first invaders name is pronounced like Slacks. Not sure how to spell it)
“Zim! Uhhg!...I would OUCH!, Be happy to…explain. If you take your spider leg out of my shoulder!” Skooge was barely able to mutter through bursts of inexplicable pain.
“Oh…Sorry.” Zim admitted, kind of embarrassed. He slid the sharp legs out of their shoulders and they receded into his Pak. The two invaders got up from the ground carefully holding their wounds as not to hurt themselves.
“Okay! looking for answers now!” Zim stated impatiently.”
“Certainly.” Slax said. Zim and Tak listened inventively “We're on a mission from our leader. Surely you have heard of the civil war on planet Irk.” He asked. Zim and Tak nodded.
“That's actually why I was on this route, and ended up running into Zim, and then you guys all by accident.” Tak told them. The two invaders looked at each other and then back to her.
“Let me guess, you got a transmission from an Irken General telling you that you've been drafted right?” Skooge asked them both. Zim and Tak nodded again in unison. “Well It's a Damn Good Thing We Caught You Two!” He yelled. Tak and Zim were confused at this.
“That message is a fake!” Slax told them. “It was sent out to all Irkens who were deemed Defective, without a trial, as lore to kill them on Conveti-uh.
“WHAT?!” Zim and Tak once again spoke in unison.
“But I'm not a defective!” Tak protested. "I can't say the same for Zim, but ME...Defective! I don't think so.” Tak said. Slax chuckled, and Zim glared at her for a second, about to make a come back statement. Before he got the chance Skooge continued very seriously.
“The CORD in your head would say otherwise…” He told her, expression not changing from emotionless. She snapped her gaze in his direction, and gave him an extremely angry look.
“HEY! You EVER Speak about that again, And I Will Shove Your Fat Head Up Your Fat Ass! Got It!!” She hissed through her teeth, while getting in his face. He didn't flinch, just stared at her like she was stupid until she backed off.
“…Moving along, you two are lucky that we caught you. Or else you would have been completely obliterated on Conventi-uh.” Slax said trying to draw attention away from the squabbles. “Our mission was to try and stop as many survivors as possible from getting to Conventi-uh by any means necessary.”
“Wait, So…your idea of stopping me was to total my ship so I couldn't go?” Zim asked in a slightly irritated voice.
“Yes” They said in unison. Zim was ready to fly off the handle before Tak jumped back in the conversation. (Man, Zim can't get a word in edge wise)
“Now wait a minute, you said you got a mission from your leader.” Tak stated. “Who exactly might that be? Are you guys in the resistance?” She asked.
“There is NO resistance, the whole thing was made up to execute defectives, but this isn't a safe place to talk. You two should follow us back to our base; we can have Tenn fill you in on all the details.” Skooge said.
“Wait! Invader Tenn is your LEADER?! Tak asked, confused.”
“Yes, but we need to get back to base before we start discussing this.” Skooge repeated. He then pressed a button on his wrist, and two beams came down and teleported him and Slax up to their ship. Zim looked at Tak, than shifted his eyes to his destroyed ship and then back to Tak about four times. She noticed this and sighed.
“Okay, you can have a ride; just call your stupid robot.” She told him. Zim smiled and his two way holo communicator came out of his Pak.
 
End Of Chapter 5