Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Of Dark Hearts ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kingdom of Dark Hearts

By

Phoenix Hoshika



Chapter Two



It was a dark rainy night on the Destiny Isles. Sora stood in the opening of an alley way on the main island watching the people as they went about their business. He had the hood of his jacket pulled over his head and his hands in his pockets as he patiently waited on his next victim. It usually didn’t take long, somewhere between an hour or two, before someone noticed him standing at the edge of some dark spot. Usually it would be a childless woman old enough to be his mother. She would take pity on him and bring him home for a hot meal believing him to be homeless. It was rare that anyone’s mother stopped for him. On those occasions as soon as he found out they had a family waiting on them he feed on them and quickly disposing of the body. Sora was greedy but even he couldn’t take out that many victims at once. Not caring to rush while he ate Sora hated encountering those kind of women. Sometimes a man old enough to be his father or a husband of a barren wife stopped taking pity on him. On days when he had ended up skipping a meal, for one reason or another, he enjoyed taking out couples who invited him to their homes. Most people avoided such things especially being bothered with a teenage boy figuring anyone on the streets at his age was nothing besides a thug, but Sora was an exception. Kairi told him it was because he looked prettier than her at times. The comment bothered him but in the end he figured so what. If looking a bit effeminate guaranteed him a warm meal he’d use it to his advantage.

“Are you alright?” A woman that appeared about twenty seven asked after spotting him by chance from across the street. She wore a gray pants suit that was kept dry by the clear plastic umbrella she was holding. She had been working late in the office building a few blocks from their location and was on her way home after a quick stop at the convenience store across the street.

He looked up at her surprised to get a younger victim for a change, but he showed no emotion despite the giddiness he felt inside. There was definitely a difference in how their blood tasted- the younger the sweeter.

“You’re soaking wet. You must be freezing.” She said feeling more sorry for him by the second. “I guess you wouldn’t be out here if you had a home to go to.” The woman sighed. “You can stay at my place for tonight. How does that sound?” She said speaking to him as if he were a small child. Sora simply nodded.



“You look satisfied.” Kairi said when Sora came wondering into the rec. room of the complex they lived in a few hours later.

“I am.” Sora responded patting his stomach. Noticing a girl about thirteen years old sitting gagged and bound in the middle of the floor he suddenly felt hungry again. “Who’s this?” He asked licking his lips.

“She’s food. Kairi answered.

“Oh, really?” Sora uttered with a smile having already figured that much out on his own. He had stooped down in front of the girl and was about to sink his teeth into her when Kairi stopped him.

“Sora, wait. She’s not for you she’s for Riku; a coming home present for him.” She added smiling pleased with herself. Kairi had caught her walking home from the library on the main island earlier that evening.

Sora groaned. Purposely grazing the girl’s neck with his teeth as he withdrew then whispered something into her ear that made her shudder in fear. Standing up he looked down at the girl pleased to see her cowering on the floor. “Where is he anyway?” Sora asked turning his attention from her.

“He’s probably roaming around outside someplace. Let’s go find him.” Kairi said and they headed out the door.



Moments later Sora and Kairi found him standing at the shore. “It figures we’d find you out here.” Sora said approaching Riku. “It’s a wonder you weren’t eaten by the sun.”

“I managed.” Riku said coldly when he turned to face him. Looking at him he could feel the pain from when Sora bitten him as if it just happened.

“You’re going to starve if you don’t eat something.” Sora said a sadistic gleam in his eyes.

“Hm, you’re right.” Riku said agreeing to come back to the complex with them so not to arouse suspicion. He was brought back to the room he had found Sora and Kairi in the night before. The table was pushed back against the wall along with a few others that had a thick layer of dust over them from none use. In the center of the floor sat a terrified girl bound in thick heavy ropes.

“What’s this?” He asked his gaze settling on the shivering girl.

“It’s a present for you Riku.” Kairi said cheerfully running over to the girl and plopping down on the floor behind her. Placing her arms on either side of her shoulders kairi pushed her forward. “Doesn’t she look yummy?”

“Yeah,” Riku said sweat dropping. He didn’t want to hurt the girl but he couldn’t help getting excited at the thought of it.

“Go on.” Sora said encouragingly and Riku took a slow step forward.

“You better hurry up Riku or Sora will take her.” Kairi said holding the girl firmly in place as she started squirming.

“She isn’t lying so are you going to feed on her or not?” Sora said growing impatient.

“I’m new to this so stop riding me already.” Riku snapped.

“Fine but don’t take too long. I’m hungry.” Sora added lowly almost whispering.

“You’re always hungry.” Kairi said holding the girl who was trying futilely to inch away from Riku as he came closer. Kneeling down in front of them he looked the girl in the girl’s eyes and as he did so Kairi looked into his seeing the craving and hunger for blood dancing furiously in them. She smiled knowing the girl’s terror must have been increased ten fold as she beheld the same sight.

Riku took hold of the girl and sighed closing his eyes. “Do you two mind?”

“Mind what?” Sora asked halting in the anxious pacing he was doing in front of the door as he held himself back from taking the girl’s blood for himself.

“I don’t want you two staring at me.” Riku said opening his eyes and looking directly at Kairi.

“Okay, just make sure she’s dead when you’re done.” Kairi said then left the room with Sora.

Riku stared hungrily at the quivering girl. Tears were streaming from her eyes, but this did not move him. Forgetting about his pain and the oath he made to himself just moments before on the beach he placed his lips on her neck opening his mouth, but the girl’s muffled sobbing brought these things back to remembrance.

“I’m sorry.” Riku whispered taking his lips away from her neck, but the girl continued crying. “I’m going to help you get out of here.” He said looking her in the eyes, but those words were no comfort to her. “They may have succumb to darkness but it seems they still don’t know how to invoke its power. Now that I am part of that darkness I can use it once again. Lucky me,” Riku thought opening a dark portal then dragged the girl kicking and screaming for all it was worth into it.

Stepping out of the portal into a park on the main island Riku let go of the girl practically dropping her. Rolling over on her back she glared at him despite her fear and the tears still streaming from her eyes. Smiling at this he couldn’t help but admire her bravery. “I’m letting you go like I promised, but if they find you again don’t count on me being there to save you.” Riku said as he untied her. Standing her up he undid the gag in her mouth. “Now go.” He said in raised voice. The girl looked at him hesitating. “What are you waiting for? Run! Get out of here!” Riku yelled at her and the girl took off. His words to her may have seemed cold but he knew she wasn’t the first person Sora and Kairi had taken and before he found a cure for them he was certain she wouldn’t be their last.



~ chapter 2 end ~