Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Transience of Memory ❯ Bittersweet ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's notes: Typical disclaimer I own nothing of Kingdom Hearts.
And, for the record, Xavier is not Sora. Nobody in my fic is skulking about under an alias.
If Sora WAS in my fic, you can bet he'd be getting pwned by Riku. Heh heh heh.
Because that is just how my mind works. ;)
 
 
 
Chapter 12:
 
 
 
“Get your hands off of me if you want them to stay attached to your body,” Hayner growled.
 
Bo seemed taken aback by the vehemence of his voice, and his grip loosened. Hayner pushed him off roughly.
 
Bo fell back, allowing Hayner to create space between them. He raised his hands as if in appeal. “Whoa, what's the issue?”
 
He gave Bo a look that could curdle milk. “I suppose this was your way of making up for the beach thing? Nice,” he snarled.
 
Bo looked perplexed. He made calming motions with his hands, and uttered a few hesitant syllables that started to sound like excuses. “Hayner, listen I- ”
 
“BITE ME.” Hayner stormed out, slamming the door behind him. It hit the frame hard enough to bounce back open.
 
He was fighting the urge to do something brutally violent.
 
He got all the way down the hallway, before he heard Bo come after him. “Hayner!” he called. “Hey- I'm sorry! Wait a second!”
 
Hayner ignored him, still seething. He was SO leaving. If Bo caught up to him, he was gonna lay him out in front of all these people.
 
 
 
********
 
“Hey Roxas, is that your friend, over there?” Xavier pointed across the room.
 
The fog had died down, and he could see Hayner storming towards the front door. Someone was following him, running to catch up, even though they were buffeting people in the process. The guy with the purple mohawk had grabbed his arm, swinging him around. Now they were arguing. A good deal of the room's occupants were watching the exchange.
 
“Yep, that's him.”
 
“Well, that might be a problem.”
 
“Huh? What do you mean?”
 
Xavier sidled over and whispered in his ear. “See those hostile-looking guys next to us in the white bandanas? They seem like they're going to head his way.”
 
Roxas looked confused. “Why would they have a beef with him? I've never seen them before,” he whispered back.
 
“He knows Seifer, right?”
 
“Yeah…how'd you know?”
 
“I heard them mention something, and I realized that I'd seen your friend at a party Seifer's people had recently. Plus, the guy he's fighting with is the one that threw this party.” He put a hand on Roxas' shoulder. “Maybe it's best if you guys leave before something happens.” He pushed Roxas forward, and they waded towards the other end of the room.
 
 
*********
 
“Would you just calm down!” Bo hissed.
 
“I AM CALM.”
 
“Everyone is watching this,” he said as quietly as he could, and still be heard by the blonde.
 
Bo looked frustrated, but Hayner did not feel moved to cooperate. “That's your problem, not mine,” he shot back.
 
“Yeah?” he yanked Hayner towards him, turning them so his own back faced the crowd. “Well what about those guys in the white bandanas?” he whispered harshly in his ear. “Is there any reason they'd be out for your blood?”
 
Hayner peered over Bo's shoulder and paled. If he wasn't mistaken, a few of them were thugs from the street fight.
 
“Yeah,” Hayner finally answered. They were glaring daggers, and inching closer through the crowd. “Because I know Seifer.”
 
“And that's enough to get Dre and his gang after you?” Bo looked like he had a hard time believing that.
 
“Uh, yeah. I guess so,” Hayner said distractedly, wondering if they'd chase him if he ran. His heart was starting to pound roughly in his chest. There was only the one exit, as far as he could tell. Luckily, he was closer to it then they were.
 
“Why do you hang around him then?” Bo sounded bitter, and a little possessive.
 
“Huh?” Hayner said automatically as he was pulled from his escape plan. But the words fell into his brain one by one even as he spoke, spiking his irritation further. Bo had no right to act possessive over him! Anyone hearing this would think there was something between them. It pissed him off. “What's that supposed to mean?”
 
Bo spoke over him. “They're coming. What are you going to do?” he asked as if with only detached interest.
 
Hayner put a hand to his head. “Goddammit,” he muttered. Why did bad things always happen in groups? He did not need this right now.
 
Suddenly, Bo was in his personal space again. “Pretend that you're with me,” he whispered. His jade eyes were dilated like a cat's, a thin green ring of color framing the darkness, filling Hayner's vision. “They'd back off at that.”
 
Hayner blinked, hesitating. It was under the guise of help, but Hayner was sure Bo was just trying to work the situation to his advantage.
 
Bo didn't wait for an answer, apparently confident in his logical solution. He leaned in quickly capturing the blonde's lips, before he had a chance to argue, in a kiss that was unquestionably witnessed by half the room.
 
Hayner froze.
 
Kissed…… by a boy… In PUBLIC.
 
The violent urges he had been tamping down flared.
 
Hayner swung, and caught Bo in the face with a solid right hook.
 
He felt his knuckles connect harshly with flesh and bone. He'd thrown his weight into it, giving it enough momentum to knock the other boy to the floor. He swayed on his feet, as he regained his balance, staring down at his offender.
 
Bo's eyes were hard as he wiped at his mouth with the back of his hand. He stared back at Hayner, angrily. Hayner returned the look with an even angrier one.
 
Slowly, Hayner became aware of the sound of the crowd swarming back into his consciousness.
 
Hayner's eyes snapped up, as he realized what his impulsiveness was going to cost him. The bandana gang was coming for him. As if decking the host of the party had been some unspoken signal for them to attack, they surged forward. There were shouts as people in their path were cast aside.
 
“That's Seifer's bitch!” one of them yelled “Get him!”
 
“Shit!” he cursed, having momentarily forgotten about them. He cast about, feeling cornered, then made a break for the front door.
 
He buffeted quite a few people in his frantic dash, but without much incident. He burst through the door and ran towards the stairs.
 
 
***************
 
“Come on!” Xavier said as he ran after them, pushing through the crowd.
 
Roxas followed his doppelganger in giving chase.
 
 
They avoided following too close, for fear of being seen, and losing the element of surprise. Roxas found that Xavier had better stamina than he did, or maybe the alcohol they'd had didn't affect him as much.
 
His legs felt rubbery, and balked at the simple commands he gave them. He couldn't keep up.
 
A few twists and turns, and suddenly Roxas lost sight of him.
 
He went back, thinking he made a wrong turn, but he couldn't catch a glimpse of anyone.
 
His best friend, the thugs that were after him, and his newfound doppelganger drinking buddy... He'd lost all of them.
 
Dammit, Hayner.”
 
 
 
 
***********
 
Hayner ran like his life depended on it. For all he knew, it did.
 
The shouts that were once so close were getting farther away. Good thing he was a fair runner. But still, he could hear the pounding of feet on asphalt. He risked a glance, and saw one of them still hot on his trail.
 
Hayner tried to concentrate on pushing himself forward. His breath was coming in gasps now, and his speed was slowing.
 
The tip of his shoe caught on uneven pavement, causing him to falter. He compensated, barely breaking stride - but it was enough. A hand gripped his shirt, snarling the fabric and yanking him off balance.
 
 
Hayner tried to roll the fall, but he crashed on the concrete rather spectacularly.
 
He sat up, disoriented, aching from his harsh landing. He could feel the abrasions that now adorned his body beginning to sting and throb.
 
He was wrenched to his feet by the front of his shirt. A fist slammed into his gut, making him double over. His stomach heaved.
 
Pain was searing his scalp as fingers clenched, tangling in his hair to tilt his head upwards.
 
“So this is the kind of face Seifer goes for?” the thug asked mockingly. His grip tightened, making Hayner wince.
 
“What are you talking about?” Hayner said hoarsely, playing dumb. He had never seen this guy before. He wasn't one of the ones from the street fight, but the bandana marked him as being part of the same gang.
 
“I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.”
 
Hayner stumbled as the guy walked him backwards. He collided roughly with a wall, his head knocking against it, making him see stars.
 
A hand reached under the neck of a shirt, pulling out the chain that lay beneath.
 
“I know this is his. It was a warning to us not to fuck with you.” He yanked the chain, snapping it sharply against Hayner's neck, and held it up. It twisted on the chain, hypnotically. Swiveling to the left, slowly turning right. The dark-haired thug smiled hatefully. “But this is what I think of his warning,” he said as he threw it aside.
 
“Are you just his bitch?” He wrenched Hayner's head to the side, breathing against his neck, his ear. “Or would you service anyone if you were given the proper incentive?”
 
Hayner rolled his eyes to meet the thug's. “Fuck you,” he spat.
 
“Cute, real cute.” The thug smiled and cuffed him in the head, bringing him to his knees. A series of kicks to the abdomen, and Hayner was coughing heavily against the dry heaving of his stomach.
 
He was hauled to his feet, and pushed against the wall, a hand around his throat. “Uugh,” he groaned as his head spun dizzily. “What the fuck do you want?”
 
“Maybe I want to see what Seifer sees in you,” he said coldly. He leaned close, his face only inches away. “See what it is about you that makes it worth nearly killing several of us.”
 
“I had nothin' to do with that,” he protested weakly through the nausea.
 
He felt a hand slip under his shirt, nails scraping cruelly up his chest, fingers twisting a nipple until he cried out from the pain. “Do you think he'll lose it?” the dark-haired thug sneered mockingly. “If he knows someone has defiled his property?” He slid his hand to the other one, abusing his flesh in the same way, cutting off the tormented cry with the bruising crush of lips. He ground Hayner against the wall, forcing a leg between his.
 
The sick fuck… he's getting off on this.
 
Hayner renewed his struggles when he felt a hand tugging at the button to his pants. No no no…
 
He was rewarded for his efforts by having his airflow cut off. The hand still around his throat felt like a vice. He clawed at the arm, his vision blackening around the edges.
 
“Be a good boy,” the thug warned, regarding him with emotionless, empty eyes. “Or I'll kill you right now.”
 
Maybe that would be for the best. He didn't think he could handle the reality of what was about to happen to him.
 
He thought that, but the burning in his lungs was hard to ignore. When they started convulsing emptily, he felt himself nod. Oh, god.
 
Suddenly he could breathe again, and he sucked in great lungfuls of sweet, precious air. He sagged against the wall as his vision cleared, trying to block out everything but the act of breathing, and the view of the street behind them.
 
 
 
***********
 
Roxas paced, watching the clock. He was back at his apartment.
 
After losing sight of Hayner, his pursuers, and finally Xavier, he'd spent a good hour sweeping the area. He was seriously worried about his friend. He finally went home, hoping that Hayner would come back here when things blew over, so he'd know he was ok.
 
 
But it was now almost 1 am.
 
 
was he ok?
 
 
 
***********
 
 
There was somebody there. A dark silhouette... ghosting closer.
 
Hayner squinted trying to see. The moonlight glinted off of the person's dark blonde hair as the shadows fell from them. Spiky….
 
Roxas?
 
He had to be imagining things. Inventing a way out of this. An escape from the pain and sickness…
 
He shut his eyes.
 
It would be all the more cruel if he let himself believe in the mirage.
 
 
 
“…ner?” someone was shaking him gently. “Hayner?” They sounded worried.
 
Hayner opened his eyes. He blinked confusedly at the face leaning over him. “Roxas?”
 
“No… my name is Xavier.”
 
“You the guy that hit on me… that one time…?” he asked foggily, brows drawing together. “Where'd you come from?”
 
“I was at the party, same as you.” Hayner felt an arm at his back, supporting him. “Here, let's get you standing up.”
 
“Where's… that bandana thug?”
 
“I knocked him out from behind. He didn't even hear me coming - he was a little preoccupied with you.”
 
Hayner noticed his body was starting to shake with fine tremors. He shivered. “Thanks,” he muttered, hating that anyone had witnessed… that. But he was grateful still for the help.
 
Xavier had an arm around him, hands cupped under Hayner's elbows, pulling him up.
 
Hayner's vision swam, making him sway with vertigo. “God.” Getting choked and beaten could have nasty after-effects like that. Luckily, that was the worst of it. Somehow, he'd been saved from the hell that bastard had intended for him. Barely.
 
“We need to get out of here,” Xavier said. “I won't be much help against the whole crew, and I don't know when this one,” he indicated the prone figure, “will wake up.”
 
He propelled Hayner forward.
 
“Wait.” Hayner scanned the ground for a glint of metal. His eyes over swept the area twice before he saw it.
 
 
“Where do you live?” Xavier asked once they had put some distance between them and the thug. “I'll take you home.”
 
“No, can't go home,” he mumbled. “Not like this.”
 
“How about Roxas' then? He ought to be home by now.”
 
“Y'know Roxas?” Talking was unpleasant. He tried to limit his words; they resonated sickly in his head.
 
“From the party. We followed you after you ducked out, but I guess he couldn't keep up.”
 
“Heh, `s not much of a runner.” Laughing hurt, too, but it eased the knot in his chest a little.
 
 
 
********
 
 
Roxas jumped when he heard the doorbell. Although, his mind did not register the noise as such, at first. He had fallen into an uneasy sort of sleep as he waited. Even his anxiety wasn't enough to keep him conscious on the scant amount of sleep he'd been getting lately. Even so, he felt guilty. How could he rest when he didn't know if Hayner had gotten caught? If they had done something to him…
 
At times like these, he really wished they had cell phones. Then he'd at least be able to get to where his best friend was, or find out that he'd eluded the thugs and was already safely at home. He could try to do something instead of sitting here uselessly because he couldn't find them. He could only hope Xavier had accomplished what he hadn't.
 
The doorbell rang again.
 
This time, Roxas recognized it for what it was. A pang condensed sharply in him as all of the uncertainty, worry, and wretchedness of not knowing rushed to the forefront. He scrambled to his feet and ran to the door, dodging and weaving around the mess strewn across his floor. He skidded to a halt a little too late to avoid slamming into the door. He caught himself, palms thudding against the wood, buffering the crash.
 
“Hayner?” he gasped out as he flung the door open. “Are you ok??”
 
“I'm fine.”
 
Roxas' dropped his gaze to the ground in surprise, finding himself staring at the visitor's shoes and the frayed edges of the jeans he was wearing. Because it wasn't Hayner standing on the stoop. Hayner didn't ever wear such a sullen, reserved, and yet pleadingly hopeful look. He didn't have eyes like blue-green glass… windows to such anguished pain.
 
…pain that he now understood, better than anyone...
 
He allowed himself to look up again. The darkness gathered like inky blackness on the hoodie he wore, and dulled his crimson hair to a subdued scarlet. Shadows slid over his face as he ducked his head. Those beautiful eyes slid closed, blinking slowly as he averted them. Tormented.
 
“I wanted to see you.” His words were barely louder than the air he breathed out. “At least one last time.”
 
His voice stirred something. Roxas put a hand to his head. Wispy tendrils like white smoke… obscuring, revealing. Fragments of memories…
 
 
Voices… a warm hand…
 
The face before him, lit up with a smile, eyes glinting mischievously.
 
The same face… tight with anger… as he raised his chakrams.
 
His strong words…his fierceness as he turned to face the enemies that had cornered and wounded Roxas.
 
An arm draped casually over his shoulder…“Right, Roxas?” he grinned with his eyes closed, looking especially cat-like.
 
The feeling of belonging…
 
 
Roxas took in the dejected form before him, reeling from the images. He leaned against the doorframe, his chest felt unbearably tight. There was so much empty space between them. An unbreachable ocean of interference.
 
A name found its way onto his tongue. Foreign, yet achingly familiar as soon as he uttered it. “…Axel?”
 
Axel looked at him in disbelief, tears slipping unnoticed from his eyes.
 
It was the first time Roxas had spoken his name since he'd left. Unbidden, which means he had finally made contact with his lost memories.
 
“I - “ Roxas felt pulled into those eyes. The space between them hummed, drawing them irrevocably together. “Maybe you should come inside.”
 
Roxas turned and slipped back through the doorway.
 
Axel stood there a moment, trying to collect himself. Once he stepped through that door, he'd know. He'd see if there was anything to be salvaged between them, or if he'd be lucky just to have Roxas, one day, consider him a friend.
 
Axel took a shaky breath and started forward. He was walking into the truth, and he wasn't sure if it wouldn't just rip his heart out.
 
 
Axel kept a firm hold on his emotions as he sat next to Roxas on the threadbare couch. “What do you remember?” he asked gravely.
 
Roxas looked at him with consternation as he tried to make sense of it all. “I… remember your voice, and your face… and there was fighting. Not between us though.” His voice gathered strength as the memories coalesced. He paused. “We were… close, weren't we?” It almost wasn't a question. Yet, there was still uncertainty in those eyes, only tentative realization.
 
“Yes,” Axel said quietly, trying not to let the disappointment crush him.
 
It was a miracle that Roxas had remembered anything at all- that this had worked. It had taken him days of debating it, over and over, but he finally decided to leave the Organization. He'd had no way of knowing if his memories of Roxas would stay intact afterwards - but it seemed the only way. The least he'd hoped for was that he and Roxas could rebuild what had been between them. Even if Roxas never remembered the past, they'd have the future. However long that was.
 
“How close?” Roxas whispered, jerking Axel's thoughts to the present. His eyes were large and dark in his gaunt face, his expression was expectant and focused, but soft.
 
Axel was fighting the connection of those eyes, and the longing that filled him. It was such a simple and complicated question. Spoken like a sigh, a breath, it was an appeal to satisfy curiosity. Or maybe he was just reading into it. He tried to tear his gaze from parted lips. Realizing only after feeling their softness against his mouth, that he'd closed the distance between them. Just being close to Roxas like this, it made him ache with desire, and regret. I don't want this to end like last time. I couldn't handle it.
 
Axel pulled away, feeling like he was moving through thick water against a current, fighting against what came so naturally. “As close as two people can be,” he answered softly, losing himself to those azure depths.
 
He reached out, brushing the neck of Roxas' shirt aside gently. “This mark,” he said, ghosting reverent fingers over its fading existence, “was from our first and only time together.”
 
Roxas closed his eyes, unable to meet the soulful intensity of Axel's expression. The mere brush of fingertips was stroking something shaking inside of him. His touch was like that first gasp of air when you've been holding your breath too long - It made him feel desperate and exhilarated. “How long ago?” he asked quietly, hating himself for not being able to remember such a thing. The burn of the kiss still hadn't faded. Its memory lingered on his lips, its effects quickening his pulse.
 
“Eight days.”
 
“So recently?” Roxas murmured. He thought back on how long it had been since his insomnia had kicked up, how long ago his appetite had died. And for how long the crushing depression had been threatening to overwhelm him. They… coincided. Could all of that been because of Axel?
 
“An eternity.” Axel caught his gaze and held it. Raw pain and desire filled his expressive eyes.
 
Roxas felt his stomach tighten.
 
He reached a shaking hand to Axel's cheek, his heartbeat pounding in his ears. Aqua fire was burning to the core of him. “What was it like?” he whispered.
 
There was a breathless moment before Axel took his hand, removing it and disarming the situation. He brought it down from his face, clasping it between his hands as he looked away, brows drawn together. “Beautiful. Indescribable,” he said.
 
His kohl-lined eyes lowered, focusing on infinite places that weren't Roxas. “I'm sorry.” He couldn't mask the pain in his voice, the anger at himself. “I shouldn't have let things go so far. But I missed you so much, and when you looked at me like that… I…” Axel's hands clenched. “If only I'd waited until I left the Organization, maybe you wouldn't have had to forget…”
 
“Show me.”
 
“What?” Axel looked up, startled.
 
“Show me what it was like.” Roxas' heart was hammering in his chest. The mere thought of what he was asking made him have to hold his breath to try to calm the anxiousness that tightened his chest and the nervous fluttering in his stomach. Axel's eyes were intent upon him as he pulled his shirt over his head and let it fall to the floor. They glowed mysteriously, tracking his every movement. Hesitation and lust swam darkly within them.
 
Roxas moved closer, shivering under the weight of Axel's gaze. He leaned forward, holding his breath as he pressed their lips together. Axel's mouth yielded softly to his, quickening his sleeping desire.
 
A torrent of feeling was burying him alive. Life itself was distilled in this tenuous contact. In the shy meeting of tongues.
 
Axel's arms wound around him, pulling him closer.
 
Roxas lay him back onto the couch, resting between the firm entrapment of Axel's legs. He was burning with desire… The redhead was letting him make all the moves. Giving him absolute control, as his watchful eyes pleaded for more.
 
Roxas brushed his hand over the front of Axel's jeans, entranced by the whimpers that escaped his lips, absorbed in the delicate frown and the crease forming between the redhead's elegant eyebrows. Such a fragile expression, but so lustful.
 
Something about this submissive display was bringing out urges within Roxas that he didn't know he'd had. He wanted to hear more of these noises, made solely for him. He wanted Axel panting and moaning and thrashing. He wanted to push the limits of how fully the redhead would go for him, now that he sensed the depth of it. To feel this beautiful and proud person offer himself so wholly…
 
Roxas slipped a hand under the heavy warmth of the hoodie. His fingers graced skin so smooth and cool that it felt like marble. If only marble also felt like trembling silk….
 
“Roxas…” Axel's voice was faint, but leaden with desire. Twin slivers of aqua-green were focused on him. Watching. Waiting.
 
Roxas smiled as he bent forward to kiss him. He teasingly trailed his fingertips beneath the waistband of Axel's jeans, making him shudder.
 
Roxas parted with his lips in favor of the graceful pale column of his throat. He worshipped it with devout lips and teeth as his nimble fingers undid the button of Axel's jeans. The zipper was slid down slowly, it's journey seemingly unending. Axel's breathing quickened, his hand reaching up to tangle in Roxas' hair.
 
Axel gasped as Roxas swept his fingers across his length. He almost choked when the blonde's quick fingers wrapped so firmly around him, squeezing, as blue eyes burned into his. Possessiveness poured out of them, and was mirrored in every touch. It was almost too much to bear. Too intense, emotional, bittersweet. Love and remembered anguish filled him up, threatening to sweep him away. Lying in the embrace of the one he loved- and he couldn't get enough. He'd never get enough to make this seem real, after all this time.
 
Axel ran his hands down Roxas' sides, curving in to trace his hipbones where they were left exposed. He trailed a nail lightly across his slightly concave stomach, feeling the muscles clench in response. He couldn't help but smirk a little as Roxas' sharp intake of breath.
 
He undid the clasp or Roxas' pants and slid them down just far enough to give himself access. He reached a sure hand in to cup him.
 
“A-Axel…” Roxas gasped, as his eyes fluttered closed. “Ahhh!” he moaned as Axel's hand began to move. Cool fingers caressed his burning skin, encircling and stroking him.
 
Suddenly, being on top did not seem to equate with the position of power. The movements were languid, drawn out. He followed each one to its end, striving for more sensation. He desperately willed the pace to increase, for Axel's fingers to close more tightly around him, but felt overwhelmed when it did.
 
Roxas rested his forehead on Axel's chest. His whole body was chained to the rhythm of Axel's hand. His whole being was controlled by this passion - the deep ache in his loins, and the desire he held in his own hand. Roxas alternated between slow caresses and tightly firm strokes, loving it each time he made Axel jump, gasp, or moan. Each reaction sent a flush of heat through him, tightening his belly.
 
Their rhythm started to fall apart. Every motion became shakier, less restrained. Their bodies were tightening up, muscles tensing as they strained for the promised rush of pleasure that lapped at them. Shivers raced up their spines, distracting them as their focuses turned inward, as they relished the feel of one another. Their movements seemed suspended in time. The duration of each was an eternity of wanting it to happen faster, harder, hotter.
 
Axel… Roxas' vision blurred as he looked at the other half of himself, his eyes stinging. How must it have been for Axel, to experience something like this and be forgotten? To look into the eyes of your love, and see that you are nothing more than a stranger to them? Pain tore at his heart. “I…love you…Axel….” He panted, the weight of new emotion rushing heavily through him. “I think I… always…have.”
 
“Rox…as…” Axel groaned as the world tipped on its side, and orgasm tore it's way through him. His hips ground upward, thrusting into the blonde's hand.
 
His cry sent hot sparks of pleasure through Roxas, rattling his control, coiling and unleashing with intensity. He reached climax and cried out, body shaking with hard, delayed shudders.
 
 
They lay on the couch for some time after, a tangle of limbs and clothes, a feeling of completeness blanketing them warmly. Axel ran a hand lightly through Roxas' hair, smoothing the spikes, and feeling them spring back unaffected. He smiled.
 
“So, that's what it was like?” Roxas said sleepily. He was draped over Axel, his head resting comfortably on his chest. He glanced up at Axel's face.
 
“To be honest, that wasn't quite like the first time.” Axel smiled ruefully at him. His eyes spoke volumes, and Roxas could see that this had meant the world to both of them.
 
“No?” Roxas asked petulantly, burrowing into Axel's side to hide the smirk tugging at his mouth. “Well maybe we should try till we get it right.”
 
Axel grinned down at the unruly golden hair, ruffling it gently.
 
“Nothing could make me happier.”
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
TBC
 
 
Review Time! ^__________^
I really appreciate the reviews you give me each chapter. Especially when you mention thinks that you liked (or didn't like- that helps too!)! The feedback really keeps me going!
 
 
Sennenricecooker:  
I loved that Hayner and Roxas chapter. "I have the attention span of a retarded gnat..."
Aaaand I also love the actual affection between Seifer and Hayner, usually it's like arrogance shipping or something going on between them. Aaaand you are evil for that cliff hanger.But I'm too caught up in this fic to actually be frustrated. I don't think that made any sense. Anyways...Update soon!
 
Hay/Rox chap- I'm glad you liked it! There was a clamoring for having them
interacting again, but the you were the only on to say ya liked it. Thought
maybe I messed it up -_-; So thanks!!! Hay/Sief (has anyone noticed I am
rejecting the typical way of seme/uke? I think it's because hay was a real
character before seif. Haha) I thought giving seif an emotional side might be
interesting. Oh Hayner, you're the only one who sees it! XD update? Is the
same day soon enough? Lol. Though you might not check again for a bit.
 
 
Olheiras:
I'm really enjoying this! You were prolly one of the people who got me into Seifer/Hayner, mmyep. Have some internet cookies! You deserve them 8]
 
Fu fu fu! I never get tired of being told I made someone ship hay/seif!
*cackles and eats a cookie*
 
 
codename_windy aka Wind:  
Another reader from AFF.net! I generally don't bother browsing fics on mm.org, so I am glad you posted at least the beginning in AFF 'cause I am enjoying this fic very much. Seifer&Hayner are quite tasty couple. >3 And yay for the generous amouth of lemony goodness with them~! As for Axel and Roxas... who doesn't think they're a wonderful couple! Aaaw, Roxy, your confusion and emo-angst is so adorable~! ^_^ The latest chapter does have me worried tho. Uh oh, boys... not a good idea to a)go somewhere alone with someone stronger than you or b)get drunk with a horny stranger. Unless it's a hot horny stranger and you're free, but... Roxas isn't free, he's Axel's property, even if he doesn't know it at the moment! So I am hoping for a heroic rescue~!
 
I was pleased to snag so many readers from AFF! The site just eats and garbles my chapters for some reason though and I really couldn't stand it -_- I posted up through the 1st smut scene, hoping to lure some of you into following it on MM >:D
Weeeeell, I don't understand it myself, but several reviewers say they hate them, or find them boring. *shrug* ah well, different people like different stuff ^_^
Hahaha a) hay should've heeded the warning signals more than he did. Maybe he thought he was stronger than Bo? b) rooooxas is so. not. thinking! Getting drunk with strangers that look like you… *shakes head*
 
 AmytheYu:
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I want more now. T_T I look forward to potential Bo pwnage in the next chap. >=D
 
Haha!! Ya hafta wait! ^.^
Pwnage ass kicking, or Hayner pwnage? o_______o
In my head pwning = smut >_<
 
 
Hikariryu:
asldkfjkld! Cliffhangers make me sad...but I really like what you've done with the story, so I'll forgive you ^_~ Hayner's in such a pinch...and where's Seifer to save poor Hayhay? I just hope Bo's gonna get the ass-kicking of a lifetime, because no one touches Hayner except Seif! On another note, I apologize for my lack of activity on DA...*grumbles* since when did spanish take over Biggest Workload...but I'm working on it - unfortunately, it will take a while T_T Well, I'll be waiting to see the outcome Bo's party this weekend!
 
Thanks! :D yes, where IS seif? Doesn't he have a spidey-sense for people busting the moves on his boy? Ass kicking of a lifetime. I was almost wanting that to happen too. I feel bad. I made Bo such an asshole by now. -_- (He wasn't `spose ta be)
good luck on the spanish! Languages are time consuming. But sp shouldn't be as bad as Japanese at least! I will wait patiently for the next page. No pressure
 
Uniasus:
You haven't played the game?! Or just haven't finished? 'cuz you have a great handle on thier personas.
 
I had just seen a few cut scenes when I started writing it (not all of them though), up to where sora comes in. I got it for xmas, and started playing, but I'm only to the ring of fire Axel battle. “Burn, baby, burn!” muaha!
 
mellorine:
Well, crap, my first review got cut off. I think I said something along the lines of how much I liked your description of Roxas being all deadish and hanging over the bathtub. Yeah. I think that's it. Let's just hope this one doesn't get cut, either. So yeah! This chapter... made me feel bad for Roxas. I'm guessing that Xavier is Sora? Just a guess? The chapter also made me want Seifer to come back. Stupid Bo. SEIFER, WHERE ARE YOU!? And while we're looking for him, let's look for Axel, too. Because I miss him. And it's making me cry.
 
Really? You liked the bathtub scene?? *hug* I finally cg'ed my pic of that… if you want to look, it's here. Posted yesterday! http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/view/249521/
I feel bad for Roxas too. But I reeeeally felt bad for what happened to Hayner this chap
Lol. I think that was the 1st Seifer-less chap, and you already miss him? lawlz
Well, here ya go. Axel came back ;)
 
Checkmatey:  
Awesome. i miss Hayner/Seifer. roxas is boring. i hate him and sora. dunno why. oh well. :D keep up the good work,lamer
 
H/S isn't getting dropped. I just had to put them aside for a minute.
Lucky for you, sora isn't in my fic. As for Roxas… Well, just skip his parts or something then. *shrug* stay tuned, and there will be more Hay/Seif.
 
KageRune:  
Argh, my review got cut off. Anyway, sorry I almost spoiled the game for you. I *TACKLE HUG* you for updating~. Would draw you SeiferHayner but I'm always so busy drawing XigDem. You're a good artist too, so I hope you draw something for this pairing. I saw your art on Y.Gallery. I got banned for underagedness XD.
 
It's ok. I sorta already know some stuff that's gonna happen T_T and I realize it's ridiculous of me to write a fanfic for a game I've barely played! I really need to get farther so I get to know everyone's names. -_-;