Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Out with the Old, In with the New ❯ Second Installment: Something's Wrong Here ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
Disclaimer: *Points finger sinisterly in--*
Tommy: *Catches finger* Oh no you don't!
Me: *Shrugs* Be thou warned, O Great Tomo Takabayashi, a Lovely Lady Reviewer has supplied Sir Thomas and I with the power of our very own Portable Miniature Kingdom! And as soon as we hunt you down, Kyo kara Maoh! will be OURS!!! Muwahahahahaha!
Tommy: But until then, we don't own it.
Me: *Stops laughing abruptly* Aw, shit, Thomas! Why'd you have to go and ruin it, eh?
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
=Out with the Old, In with the New=
Second Installment: Something's Wrong Here
 
“I'm bringin' sexy back.”
—Justin Timberlake (ha ha, or Wolfram if he sang!)
 
Yuri walked down the hallway towards the royal baths, clutching his change of clothes in his hands. His shoes squelched and squished with every step, water welling up as he pressed down only to be reabsorbed as he lifted up, waiting to be pushed out again on the next down-step.
 
He really had to start wearing sandals or something. This “without-a-moment's-notice” world-hopping thing was really annoying. All of his shoes had dried crusty from whatever weird water he happened to fall in. The shoes he had worn down the toilet the first time being ruined forever in his mind. Who wanted to wear shoes that smelled like the public john?
 
Shoes. Shoes weren't what Yuri was really thinking about. He was thinking about Wolfram.
 
Wolfram von Bielefelt. Such an odd name, who would've thought that one day it'd carry so much weight in Yuri's mind? How was he supposed to know that slapping the uppity prince a good one after the jerk insulted his mother would result in his having to marry the guy? The guy! They were both guys, and he didn't care what Conrad said, it was just…wrong...unnatural—he wasn't sure he wanted to—maybe—possibly…no, it was wrong!
 
So here he was, new kingdom, new fiancée, but honestly, with the exception of Wolfram sneaking into his bed every night and calling him a cheater and a wimp at any given moment, the two of them weren't like any other engaged people Yuri had ever met. They hadn't been in love prior to their engagement, and they certainly weren't in love now. In fact, if he had heard correctly, Wolfram had muttered something about loving someone. Yuri felt he could be nearly 100-percent certain that Wolfram hadn't been talking about him. He could also be nearly 100-percent certain that Wolfram had been talking about that Ludovic guy.
 
Though he hadn't spoken up about it all, Yuri had caught on to Wolfram's predicament by the time Wolfram had dismissed #10 (one pretty girl who Yuri would have been lucky to even get the time of day from, let alone date, pre-Maou days). Yes, it took Yuri awhile to figure it out and yes, he had been counting the number of people who “desperately needed to speak with Wolfram in private.”
 
Now, Yuri would be the first to admit (to himself only, of course; he was honest with himself, at least) that when he had first seen Wolfram he had *known* that Wolfram was anything but plain looking. He was handsome. Not handsome, Yuri meant beautiful. Only a blind man wouldn't be clued in on it, and it would only take one touch of Wolfram's skin beneath his fingers for the blind man to be in the know. But no matter how beautiful Wolfram was, being engaged to him was another thing entirely. Engagement meant marriage, marriage meant…
 
Yuri had been somewhere bordering appalled and amazed to find that the idea of having to touch Wolfram wasn't entirely a horrifying thing to him. But that was just in theory. Putting such a thing into action was where the idea stalled.
 
And here, Yuri wasn't sure if he should attribute it to old-fashioned inexperience or fall back on good ol' reliable heterosexuality.
 
“Oh no,” Yuri lamented. “Am I bi?”
 
Shaking his head, Yuri headed into the baths.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
Wolfram came to a dead halt just outside the doors to the small drawing room. Though the doors were closed and made of now lifeless wood, Wolfram felt as if they pulsed with an energy that alerted him to the other man's presence, just beyond these two inches of door. Gathering his breath, courage and dignity in one swipe, Wolfram grabbed the doorknob, opened the door and strolled inside.
 
Ludovic Zemire had his back to the door, but at the sound, he turned. As he caught sight of Wolfram, he smiled. It was as if an imaginary wind was tousling his dark brown locks; his eyes shining in the daylight; his body sensually dressed in a deep blue outfit, highlighting his build.
 
Wolfram came to a halt and abruptly lost more than half of his resolve, along with his breath, courage and the dignity he had gathered.
 
“Wolfram,” came the sound of his name in a sexy voice.
 
“L-Ludo…vic Zemire,” Wolfram added last minute.
 
Ludo raised a fine eyebrow. “I see. You become engaged and we are now back to formalities? Just like that, Wolfram? As if we were never more than just acquaintances to each other? Very well then, Lord von Bielefelt. Allow me to offer you my congratulations.”
 
With this, Ludo held out his hand for Wolfram's and without much of a second thought, Wolfram placed his own in it. He repressed a shudder as the warmth of Ludo's long, slender fingers closed around his own. Ludo raised Wolfram's hand towards his mouth and kissed the soft skin of the back of the hand. The thrill of it ran the length of Wolfram's arm and spread through him. Then before Wolfram had much presence of mind to do much else, he felt Ludo pull on his hand and he fell forward into Ludo's waiting arms. Almost immediately Wolfram was enveloped in them and Ludo leaned down to claim his lips.
 
In this instant, Wolfram realized that Yuri would never accept him as his fiancée, let alone his husband or lover.
 
Wolfram also realized that he didn't really care.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
“It's a pleasure to meet you, your majesty,” the lovely girl in front of him giggled.
 
Yuri felt as if he were in heaven. Some kind of royal event, the history of which being lost on him though Gunter had lectured to him for hours on end, was being held in the courtyard of Covenant Castle and many important people had attended, but better yet…
 
One after another, the finest ladies were paraded in front of him, all delirious with pleasure…to meet him, apparently. And best of all… not once did Wolfram interrupt with his usual tantrums. Yuri couldn't believe his good fortune. Except for the first ten minutes after his arrival, his past few days back here in Shin Makoku were some of the most pleasant ever. It seemed Wolfram had stopped hanging all over him, and Yuri had even had the bed to himself as Wolfram had been out on some camping expedition or some such and other.
 
“Your majesty! I am so honored that you would meet with me!”
 
Yuri turned his attention back to the newest girl in front of him. She looked vaguely familiar, but Yuri merely smiled and greeted her the same as he had been. As soon as she left, Yuri remembered that she had been one of the first people who “desperately needed to speak with Wolfram in private.” But before he had much time to delve deeper into that, he was distracted.
 
“Good afternoon, heika,” the next girl said with a small curtsey. “I am so happy to meet you.”
 
Yuri smiled to his utmost and the girl practically melted into goo. As she continued to prattle on, Yuri felt his mind start to drift. Was he really that impressive? He couldn't believe that he had changed very much…for goodness' sake, he was still wearing his school uniform!
 
Yuri inwardly sighed. He had rather felt that he would only have to suffer through wearing the unimaginative standard thing for three years and then be free of it forever. Damn it all, if it hasn't become his royal garb, along with some kind of sash for “really important stuff.” He'd have to get back to Gunter about it soon.
 
“Oh, your highness!” a new voice said and Yuri automatically smiled as he refocused his attention. “You're as handsome as they've told me!” The girl blushed adorably. “Oh, forgive me for being so bold.”
 
“Oh, don't worry about it!” Yuri said, widening his smile. “I'm glad you could be here.”
 
**I don't even know these girls,** he suddenly thought. Why were they fawning over him like this? After all, if Wolfram von Bielefelt didn't, why would they? Without even considering the direction his mind was leading him in, Yuri looked above the head of the next girl who was practically prostrating herself at his feet. He scanned the crowd in the courtyard until his eyes hit upon a familiar head of gold.
 
Wolfram was sitting on top of a low wall surrounded, as per usual, by a crowd of soldiers from his posse, or whatever it was officially called. And of course, not just them but many others whom Yuri made no attempt to pretend were not his admirers. However, one face stood out amongst them.
 
After he had returned from the baths, Yuri had hit up those maids (there were Three, always Three) for information (which he had to trade some good information himself for; he swore, sometimes it felt like the Underground Network of the Black Market for Information had taken up residence in his castle). Through this, Yuri had learned who Ludovic Zemire was and what he looked like. And his history with Wolfram. Yuri had apparently learned *much* about Wolfram, and Wolfram's life prior to his great arrival, such as the fact that He Had One.
 
To Yuri's surprise, he learned that after Wolfram had met with the guy (which Yuri had rather thought would play out like the other dismissals) they had apparently decided to “go out.” Not like dating, but like hanging out, which Yuri thought funny as Wolfram had had a problem with his own “going out” not too long ago. And all he wanted to do was go look at the market before it closed!
 
As Wolfram packed, he told Yuri this long and involved story about how Ludo was his good childhood friend and all, and Yuri didn't dispute it, though he was thinking, **That ain't what I heard!**
 
Next thing he knew, Wolfram had left with Ludo and some choice other peoples for destinations unknown. The Three had helped Yuri sneak to a place they could watch unnoticed Wolfram's, Ludo's and the others' preparations to leave. Here Yuri got a good eyeful of the illustrious Ludovic Zemire. Yuri decided the only thing he had going on over Ludo was that he was a king, and Ludo was just a lord.
 
Now at this huge hoopla celebration for only-Gunter-knows-what, Yuri watched as Wolfram laughed in his cute little circle of people who…
 
Yuri blinked.
 
People who wanted of Wolfram what he, Yuri, had already.
 
Or what he could have. If he…really…wanted…
 
**Even if I did, and I'm not saying I do, would Wolfram even let me?** Yuri wondered.
 
“Your majesty?”
 
Yuri blinked as this time it was the warm voice of Conrad calling for him, as opposed to some flirty chick.
 
“Are you alright?” Conrad asked. He watched in some concern as Yuri snapped back from wherever it was his mind was floating and smiled up at him.
 
“I'm fine, Conrad, and stop calling me that. Just Yuri for you, okay?”
 
Conrad smiled. “Okay.”
 
Yuri nodded as if to signify the conversation was over and he quickly turned to look at the now faceless mass of girls standing and waiting to meet him. Suddenly, he wasn't having that much fun. And suddenly, Yuri felt pissed that Wolfram should laugh and have a good time over there, while he was stuck over here making nice with the local ladies.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
Wolfram smiled seductively at one of the people standing next to him. The guy looked faint. Perfect. Someone said something remotely funny and Wolfram laughed, at which point the others promptly followed suit. He felt an arm slide around his waist, warm and firm, but Wolfram didn't lean into it. He'd allow Ludo to do as he pleased for now but it wasn't like he owned Wolfram. A girl next to him offered him some refreshments and Wolfram took the glass from her, devastating her with his eyes.
 
**YES!!** Wolfram thought, elated. **Finally! I'm back to where I want to be!** He glanced around at the group he had surrounded himself with. A few of them were friends he'd known for years, serving under him in his private army, but the others were people he'd given subtle hints to in order to get them to join him. Then there were those who couldn't resist and wandered in, hoping to catch his fancy. He wasn't sure any did.
 
Wolfram couldn't stem his feelings of euphoria. After falling back in with Ludo, whom Yuri thought was an old friend (ha! That fool actually believed that!), Ludo and Wolfram had wasted no time in getting out of the Castle. Gathering up his most trusted friends who were always ready at a moment's notice, Wolfram and Ludo had gone for a long ride out into the deep countryside. Just because he was a prince didn't mean Wolfram didn't like roughing it once in a while. He had spent two days and two nights out with Ludo in the wilds having a marvelous time…except for the times Ludo got too touchy.
 
Aside from those minor transgressions (that usually ended with one of them getting scorched), it rather felt that all the old pieces of his life were falling back into their proper places. He was in his element: the center of adoration. That must be why he never felt right being with Yuri: he didn't like having to play second to anyone.
 
Wolfram paused. It suddenly occurred to him that even though they lived in the same castle, resided in the same room and were now essentially in the same courtyard, he hadn't seen neither hair nor hide of Yuri since he had gotten back. He then realized that it had been almost three days since they'd spoken! Looking over the crowd, Wolfram finally located Yuri.
 
He should have known.
 
Given the chance, of course Yuri would immediately surround himself with all the girls he could. He watched with a mild sense of irritation as Yuri beamed at girl after girl. Great One above! Look at that hussy just flaunt herself…she was practically all over him! And why would Yuri tell her to back the hell off? Why? Well, of course he didn't!
 
Gods, who knew how many girls he'd had over since he left! Wolfram cursed at himself silently. He should never had left. He knew he couldn't trust the little worm any more than he could eat that worm fried.
 
**DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT WHAT YOU HAVE?! AND WHY DO I CARE ANYWAYS?!** Wolfram mentally screamed at Yuri from across the courtyard.
 
Feeling a hand squeeze his hip then, Wolfram returned his attention to the people at hand. Inside he continued to fume, though, and all the while Wolfram wondered how Yuri could flirt with all those girls over there, while he was stuck over here with people he didn't like anyways.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
“So…” Yuri began.
 
“So…” Wolfram followed up.
 
“So…” they both said together.
 
They paused in order to curse at themselves in silence.
 
“Uh, yeah,” Yuri tried again, his voice suddenly pulling them out of their freeze and they began undressing for bed. “Did you have a good time?”
 
“When? At the Celebratory Tea Party in Remembrance of the Great One's First Victory Over the Human Scum?”
 
Yuri looked at Wolfram bizarrely. “Was *that* what it was?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Ah, nothing,” Yuri quickly covered, his mind buzzing at such a bizarre title for such a strange occasion to celebrate. They couldn't have just called it “The First Victory” party or something?
 
“Well, yes,” Wolfram continued, trying not to be obvious about sneaking glances at Yuri as he undressed. He willed himself not to blush either. “It was enjoyable. You?”
 
“Me what?” Yuri said, startled. He tore his eyes away from Wolfram's bare legs and turned his back to Wolfram, making as if it was part of his plan to sit on the bed. He missed and ended up sliding to the ground. Wolfram choked on a laugh. “Uh, yeah, it was cool,” Yuri continued, trying to draw attention away from the fact that he was sprawled over the floor with his pajama pants around his thighs. “How—how was your camping trip?”
 
Wolfram coughed to hide his laughter. “Uh-huh, yes, it was wonderful as well. Er…next time, you ought to come with us,” he added, hoping Yuri would either never take the offer seriously or put on a shirt. Somehow, Wolfram found himself thinking if Yuri made the wrong decision he would jump the young king.
 
“Oh, yeah…sounds like…fun?”
 
Wolfram's eyebrow rose. “Why are you asking me? Shouldn't you be able to ascertain for yourself if something of this nature would be fun or not?”
 
Yuri blushed scarlet. “I didn't—never mind that! What are you doing here anyways? If you need to get something you should just get it and leave!”
 
Wolfram blinked before flashing a well-aren't-you-just-so-cute smile at Yuri. “You're right,” he said. “I'll just go take a bath before returning to bed. That way I'll be properly clean tonight.”
 
Yuri felt the room grow several degrees hotter as his mind caught the double connotation hidden in Wolfram's words. Or maybe he was just being perverted.
 
**Oh no!** Yuri lamented in his mind. **Am I gay? Just plain gay? Why was I thinking that Wolfram was being dirty? Why was I thinking that'd be a good thing? Why am I thinking about these things anyways?!**
 
“I assume the sheets are fresh?” Wolfram asked then in a stern tone, before turning on his heel and walking towards the door.
 
“Y-you should be worrying about the sheets on *your* bed, uh, not…” Yuri yelled after him. His words were failing him however as he watched as Wolfram open the door to their room and head down the hallway to the baths in nothing but the white shirt he wore under his uniform.
 
Yuri never knew it was that long before.
 
Damn.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---
 
Author's Note: “Flirty Chick”—Shout out to my friend “Lovely” Vasquez. I miss you everyday.
 
----*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*-- --*--*--*----*--*--*----*--*--*---