Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Change of Heart ❯ My Lost Love? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Hina: Change of Heart

Disclaimer: I do NOT....I repeat..do NOT not own Love Hina.....Oh wait..oh well.you get the point!

A/N: There will definitely be a lot more of Keitaro in this chapter! OK, here I go...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Chapter 5: My Lost Love?

As he finished buttoning his shirt he put on his glasses and looked at himself in the mirror. He stared at his lifeless face and noticed his empty eyes, void of their usual glow. Though he never noticed the glow before, he could certainly see something missing. He picked up the comb off of the sink counter and brought it a few inches above his messy brown hair. As he inched it closer he just let his arm go limp and placed the comb back where it was found.

"What's the point?" He glumly told his reflection. He walked out of the bathroom, leaving the door behind him open. As he walked over pizza boxes on the floor he made his way to the front door. He looked back. He noticed footsteps from the hallway.

"Oh, good morning. I would like to thank you again for letting me stay here. I'll be back later." He looked at the floor and then at his friend. He felt happy not be void of friendship of some kind, even if they weren't that close. He had even forgotten his two new room mates' names a number of times. But, they had never forgotten his. But, he didn't forget their names when he was thinking of a place to stay and that was all that really mattered. "No problem Keitaro! We know you'd do the same, right! Oh that would be great! Living in an all girls dorm!" Haitini wiped the drool from his face and smiled.

"So anyways, where are you going?"

"Well, I decided that I should maybe get out. You know, I think maybe this sulking stuff is getting to me way too much. I just miss her so much and I'm..." Keitaro looked up to Haitini to see a concerned face.

"Oh sorry, I guess I'm rambling. Well, once again, thanks and I'll be home to cook dinner. Maybe for once pizza and take out won't be our only meals." He gave a small smile and a bit of a laugh. Maybe his sense of humor was finally coming back. He opened the door and turned back once more. "Tell Shirai that we are having something special." Keitaro turned and closed the door behind him. As he walked downstairs and out of the apartment building he never once looked up. The truth is that he hadn't healed at all. He had only learned to shield his true emotions with small talk. He had been living with Haitini and Shirai for little over a week. He wasn't ready to face anyone that would bring him and Naru in contact. As he walked into town where all the stores and restaurants were he saw his reflection in a store window. He stared for a while and noticed how sloppy his hair still was. He combed it a bit with his fingers until he felt satisfied with it enough to turn and walk on. As he walked he placed his hands in his pockets and lifted his head enough to see his surroundings. He saw a market in front of him and decided to buy the food he promised. Though it was morning to Haitini it was actually afternoon to most. Those two sure did sleep late on the days that they don't work, whatever job they had. Keitaro never bothered to ask. He was just happy that they let him live with them free of charge. Even though that was highly unusual for those two, they could be generous when they wanted to. Keitaro would be fine with spending money for dinner. He still had plenty left that he had saved when he was manager.

Before Keitaro walked into the store, something caught his eye. He turned to his left to see a pay phone in the distance. He stood there for a moment thinking. Then he nodded his head in approval and made his way into the market.

[It would be right to tell someone that I am alright so they don't worry. I'll call Haruka later tonight.]

Later that day::::::::::::

She stood there for a moment in shock. Slowly a smile crept onto her face and she replied to the voice of her run away nephew.

"Hello Keitaro! It's very nice to hear from you."

"Yeah, it's very nice to speak to you again too, Haruka. So, how is everyone? Good I hope."

"Well, mostly they are all fine, but they haven't really been completely themselves lately due to your absence. Anyways, the more important question is how are you? And where are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine!" Haruka could sense that he was lying.

"Really, fine huh? Well, good for you. But, still, where are you?" On the other end she heard no response as Keitaro hesitated.

"Uh, Haruka, I am not sure if I should tell you." Haruka got a bit angry. If she could smack him on the back of the head through the phone she would d it.

"Don't you trust your own family?"

"Well, if you put it that way, he he, uh, I am staying at...Shirai and Haitini's apartment."

"Who's apartment?"

"Well, the only person that really knows who they are besides me is..you know.." He stopped himself from saying her name before he could bring back the pain.

"Yes, I know who. I am assuming you don't want me to tell Naru." Keitaro sighed at the mention of her name trying to calm himself before he became upset.

"Okay Keitaro, I promise I won't tell or may she and Seta break up."

"Thank you Haruka. Well, I guess that will do it! It was nice talking to you. Take care."

"Yes, take care Keitaro." She put the receiver on the hook and sighed. She took in a deep breath of smoke to calm her nerves.

"Hm.completely clueless as usual. I guess I should just wait until I see Naru again so I can share that little detail with her. After all, they already broke up."

Meanwhile::::::::::::::::::::::

She stood up from the bench and wiped the tears from her face. She had only been crying for about a minute or two but it had seemed like hours to her. She pushed her soaked bangs out of her eyes and looked at her surroundings.

"If only she had known where he was it would have been so easy. I hope he's alright though. But, I just don't understand! Where in the world could he be?! I just can't stand this!!" Before she knew it tears were once again streaming down her face. She stood there for a moment in the dark trying to compose herself. When she felt herself calm down a bit she began to walk back to the Hinata House, unable to keep her mind from wandering over to Keitaro. Eventually she made it up the stairs, through the doors, and into her room.

[But, I don't care! It isn't over! I just can't give him up. It's only been a week. He couldn't have gone too far.] She laid down on her futon and pressed her face into her pillow. Even though she had no hope left in her mind, she still had a flicker left deep in her heart.

The next day:::::::::::::::::::::

"Hm..Keitaro.there you are.I knew...I'd...I'd..."

"Naru wake up!" Kitsune gently shook her sleeping friend. Naru's eyes shut themselves tighter. She then moved her arms around and grabbed her blanket, pulling it over her head and whining.

"Naru, for the last time wake up!" Naru only crawled into a tighter ball. With no other choice Kitsune went to drastic measures.

"HEY NARU WAKE UP! KEITARO'S BACK!" Naru shot out of bed and pushed Kitsune into the corner of her room.

"What did you say????!!!" She had a hopeful glint in her eyes that made Kitsune feel guilty for what she had just done.

"I...I..uh....I have to use the bathroom!" Kitsune dashed out of Naru's room and down to the dining room where the other borders were waiting to begin breakfast.

"He he.well, I woke her up! But, let me warn you, she must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed today cause she is just acting crazy! Ya'll best avoid her for your own health or....."

"Kitsune! Where is he?? He isn't here?" Everyone stared at Naru. She was fully dressed, wearing her outfit from yesterday. It was very wrinkled, showing that she has slept in them. She had a frantic look of concern on her face and was turning her head every which way looking for something, or someone.

"Uh, Naru, I don't know what you're talking about!" Naru ran over to Kitsune and placed her arms on the fox looking woman's shoulders.

"But, I thought I heard you say that Keitaro was back!" Kitsune frantically shook her head no.

[Wow, note to self, don't EVER wake Naru up by lying EVER again! She's scary!]

"But, I heard you say it!" The glint of hope earlier present in Naru's eyes had long since faded.

"S-sorry Naru." Naru let go of her grip of Kitsune and looked at them. Looking into all their eyes she could see that it was true. Keitaro was not back. She turned around and began to walk upstairs to her room when she was stopped by Motoko calling her.

"Naru-sempai, what's wrong? You were fine yesterday. Why so concerned for him today? Why are you even concerned at all?" Naru turned around to face them all. She saw the worried looks on Shinobu's and Motoko's face. She also saw the suspicious smile spread across Kitsune's lips.

[I'm so sick of this already!] Naru stared at them and without hesitation decided what to say for her self this time.

"Simple, because I love him," she whispered. She secretly hoped no one heard her, but mostly she didn't care. But, everyone had heard and they were all speechless as she turned back and walked upstairs to her room. Everyone except Kitsune that is.

"I knew it!"

Back in Naru's room::::::::::

Searching through her closet she picked out a pair of khaki capris and a quarter sleeved pink top. She put on a pair of slippers and went over to her mirror. She picked up a nearby brush and combed her hair. Then she walked downstairs to the dining room where everyone sat in complete silence. Taking her seat at the table she began to eat her food. But, she wasn't oblivious to all of the piercing stares. She just didn't care. They had asked her what was up and she had told them. As the seconds flew by she noticed that everyone was slowly starting up some morning small talk and averting their attention else ware. Naru quickly finished up her plate and stood.

"Thank you very much for the breakfast Shinobu."

"Uh..You're welcome Naru-sempai.." Naru walked past all the residents and made her way out the front door. She was determined to find him, now that everyone knew she loved him, she did have an obligation.

"How am I going to find him? Um..maybe I could go to the local market and ask if anyone has seen him. Yeah, that could be a start. But, I'm going to need a picture. I guess Haruka would have one. Ok, at least I have a start." Naru made her way to Haruka's apartment when she noticed a familiar face walking down the sidewalk across from her.

"Oh, hey Haruka! I was just looking for you!" She ran across the street to meet up with her. Haruka smiled.

"Hey Naru, I was just looking for you too. Look, I have something that I should tell you about Keitaro." Naru's eyes grew wide.

"Really!? What is it?" That hopeful glint had once again returned.

"Well, after you left last night he called me." A smile spread across Naru's face.

"Well, what did he say? How is he? Alright I hope!"

"Settle down. Look, he's fine. He just wanted to call to check up on everyone."

"Haruka..did he say where he was." Naru calmed herself and held her breath.

"Well, yes he did. But, I swore on yours and Seta's relationship that I wouldn't tell. You two haven't gotten back together have you?" Naru smiled and shook her head no. She still hadn't let go of that breath.

"Okay, I guess he can't hold anything against me then. He's staying at his two friend's apartment." Naru let go of her breath and gave Haruka a confused look.

"What were their names?"

"Oh, they were Shi...Sir..well, something and Hit..Heni.." Naru just looked even more confused.

"Uh, sorry, guess I forgot." Upon hearing this Naru's eyebrow began to twitch and her fists began to clench.

"Well, I better be going. Bye and good luck." Haruka walked away for obvious reasons and left Naru alone.

[Ah! Well, at least I know he is ok. And I know that he is staying with two of his friends.] She began to walk into town when she realized she forgot to ask for a picture. She shrugged it off and decided to just describe him. As she walked she searched her surroundings for Keitaro's face just in case he was there. But as she looked to her left she accidentally bumped into someone on her right knocking them both to the ground.

"Ouch! Sorry, are you alright?" As Naru looked up she was shocked to see a familiar face.

"I'm ok. How about you...Naru!" They both stared at each other until someone spoke up at last.

"Hey, uh, what's your name again?" Haitini fell down again at the question. She may have forgotten his name but Haitini certainly couldn't. Not with her being the reason for his new room mate.

"Don't you remember? I'm Haitini, Naru!" She put her hand behind her head.

"Oh, sorry Haitini. I'm surprised you even remember my name!"

"Oh, how could I ever! Keitaro never shuts up about y.." He put his hands over his mouth as he realized what he had just said.

"Did you just say what I think you just said!?" Naru's whole face lit up in sheer joy.

"Uh, no! Just a slip up! I didn't say it! No!"

"Thank you Haitini! Thank you so much!"

"Oooh, just please don't tell him I told you!"

"No problem! But, tell me, where do you live?" Haitini looked at her begging pout. He couldn't resist. He had to give in.

"Oh, don't give me the puppy dog face! Ok, fine! Just follow me.but stay at least 3 yards behind." He had tears coming from his eyes in defeat.

"Yes! Thank you!" She followed Keitaro's friend as he led her. She was practically skipping. She was finally going to see Keitaro and tell him how she felt. She was going to tell him that she loved him.

End of Chapter 5

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N: Yay! I am finally done! Well, hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it was a little boring. Also, sorry that the end of this chapter was so happy. Sad to be continues are the best! Well, don't forget to review! Take care everyone.