Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ MOVING FORWARD ❯ Chapter VII ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Love Hina or any of the Anime characters portrayed in this story. I only own my ideas and plot. This is a Fanfiction Work, to be taken as such!

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
I ask apologies for my delay.

AND ESPECIAL THANKS TO:
PockyGirl-2002, Seraphim7 and Havenoname: My All Time ProofReaders!
Demonic Dragon Knight: My dear friend! Our talkings are helping me a lot here! Hope you enjoy!
And to All My Readers: Thanks for the Patience Minna San! Hope you Enjoy. I may delay, but part of it is due the fact that I really wish to convey the best possible story!

Moving Forward
By
VoidHawk

Chapter 7
Present
Kyoto Forests - City Outskirts at Night, under heavy rain:
Keitaro wounds are hurting, but not as much as the hurting inside his very soul. The violence, from people he once considered friends, and even from someone he once loved poisoning his kind heart. His brain is not processing things right anymore. Something was clouding his very thoughts. And the despair and sadness was shrouding him like a cloak…He could feel its fabric enveloping him.
If they find me, they will kill me. They almost succeeded back there.
Keitaro advances with increasing difficulty, as the mud and his wounds are making him slower down, minute-by-minute.
My God, it is really hurting now!
His advance is slow and painful. His wounds are deep, body and soul. But as he can hear voices calling him out, he does not dare to stop. There is no respite, there is no retreat or rest.
They are relentless…they have never stopped…never listened! They think I am indestructible, or they just do not care. Can't they see I am only human! They are always hurting me for nothing...always ready to blame! Always punching, slashing, kicking…and now that I thought I was escaping this inferno…
He breaths with difficulty, trying to keep moving.
They came to claim their share once more! I am so confused…and so tired...I wish I could rest a bit. Just for a little while.
The rain fell heavily over the battered body of Urashima Keitaro, his nightmare seemingly unending while he slowly advances to nowhere, feeling loneliness and utter despair, while leaving a trail of blood behind him.
His shaking body slowing him increasingly, minute by painful minute.
And the voices...the voices were still calling him out. Claiming him.
And one of the voices seemed to be from Tsuruko.
Distant…
Calling for him.
Keitaro's senses are haywhire...his mind swhirling.
He holds firm a piece of paper on his hands. He does not have much strenght left, but he would use his last remaining forces to hold that piece of paper.
Ragged, thorn, bloodied. Almost destroyed.
A last anchor to a time almost magical, precious and so distant now. The reality of his situation trying to drown his memories of happines, light and love, strongly pulling him, and that piece on his hand was the last string keeping him sane.
The piece of paper on his hand...the only proof that the memories he had from the last week were real, not some of his old dreams.
The proof that he was happy, albeit for a brief time.
Tsu-chan, was last night real? Did it all really happened? I-I'm not sure anymore...He sighs and shudders.
He stops, looking at his hand.I just fervently hope it was all real!
Keitaro looks up, letting the rain fall over his battered face. The rain mixing with his tears, rolling down his tired, hurt and saddened face.
Not tears of pain.
Tears of longing.
Tears of love.
Tears of despair over something immensely precious that was being so violently and senselessly taken away from him.
Tears of rebellion against the reality crushing him now.

5 days in the Past
Kyoto Neverland - Kyoto, in the Afternoon:
Keitaro never imagined that after starting his journey, he would end up spending a day like this.
Hey hey hey…That girl at the ticket booth thought we were married! Oh, I really thought Tsuruko would get royally angry by that. If I was with Motoko or Narusegawa, I bet I would be flying right now…Phew! He smiles at this thought, to his own amazement.
He walks arm-in-arm with Tsuruko. The feeling was very warming!
They enter together the gates, arm in arm, after Tsu-Chan sauntered back from the ticket booth. Sachiko is really happy, for it was her first time on the Kyoto Neverland.
Tsuruko was really happy to be there with Keitaro. To have him in her arms.
Keitaro would not recognize why he was happy. But he was happy in a way he almost forgot he could. A true warm feeling was swelling from his heart.
Something he was not used to lately. A true, heartfelt smile on his face.
“Now that we are here, what do the two damsels want to do? I am at your services.” Says Keitaro, happy within.
“Hum, I could think about some things here.” Says Tsuruko, right hand's index finger on her lips, looking up, thinking.
Keitaro smiles, scratching his head.
They go strolling together, checking the rides available and enjoying the sightseeing around the Park. The place was huge. And the parkland it sported was very beautiful indeed.
Keitaro, without noticing, was little by little easing himself. Letting go his pent up frustration and gloominess. He was little by little accepting that he was there, that he was enjoying it greatly, and that he was in company of a nice, good humored, intelligent and very, very beautiful woman, in addition to his very nice little friend Sachiko.
To him, after his time at Hinata-Sou, beautiful women were equal to trouble and physical pain. And Tsuruko was gourgeous.
Heh, this morning, I was all worked up after looking at couples coming and going from my own hotel. Now, I can see families, and I am not sad at all! I better not dwell upon this feeling much though. I will enjoy what I have now. That is why I first started this trip. To find myself again! Kei smiles inwardly, but Tsuruko could not avoid feeling the energy emanating from him.
Humm, I hope you are like this because of me, my Kei kun She thinks, a sly smile gracing her features, tightening her grasp of Keitaro's arm.
Without really noticing it, they carried on walking arm-in-arm since leaving the gate area.
After walking for 30 min. enjoying each other and also Sachiko, who was really happy with them, they stopped to decide what to do first.
“So Chibi-chan, which one will be? You choose the first ride we are going to take.” Says Keitaro to little Sachiko, bowing to see her eyes.
“To the roller-coasters! I wanna go to the roller-coasters!” Says Sachiko, jumping.
“Well, we could try some of those. What you think Tsu-Chan?” Asks Keitaro, looking at Tsuruko.
“Ok with me. I love fast rides anyway!” Tsu Chan answers smiling, clapping her hands.
His Ki is all out now, blowing and shinning! I LOVE this…So good…He seems happy and calm as well. Thinks Tsuruko, enjoying the sensation of being at Keitaro's side.
My dear Kei-kun…There is something within you. Something that causes you to withdraw completely sometimes. It does seem like some kind of self-defense. But now, somehow, you are feeling well. You shine brightly to my eyes now. That surely makes me happy, I do have to admit it. Being with you is different, and so good!
Tsuruko muses to herself, enjoying the presence of her newfound friend, just like the night before. Drinking from a sensation she also has buried within herself, but not aware of such until this moment. Tsuruko was slowly rediscovering the woman under the dangerous and powerful Head Master of ShinMei Ryu. A lonely woman…A caring and lovely lonely young woman.
“Well, lets move to the Roller Coasters. I hope to avoid lines. After all we want to make the most of our time.” Keitaro playfully motions them to come with him.
Hey, if I think about it, I am having a date here…Heheh, with Tsuruko! Sheesh. Better keep my feet on the ground, Heheh. But Keitaro is smiling now. The gloominess from this morning forgotten while enjoying his afternoon.
After some fast-rides, Keitaro, Tsuruko and Sachiko are walking to the parkland inside the Theme Park. Tsuruko and Sachiko truly enjoyed their time.
Keitaro, well, we could say that he enjoyed the company…and that was that!
Wow…Those rides were scary! Keitaro is a bit shaky, but holding bravely.
“Hey Kei-kun! That last ride was FUN! 5 loops in a row!” Teases Tsuruko, remembering how he grabbed her on the last ride.
Sachiko enjoyed every minute, and was still hyper from the roller coasters.
As they have enjoyed some action, now the view from the parkland was a very soothing one. Well-tended grasslands, a big lake surrounded by a not very thick forest. The perfect place for a picnic.
Tsuruko was very happy. She brought her bag, the one on Keitaro's care, and they could enjoy a little calm time together.
Heh…I have not noticed before, but I crave for this normalcy. This feeling of having someone precious at my side. And yes, I will have to start admitting it. Kei Kun is someone especial. Especial for me! But Tsuruko feels a bit uncertain about something, frowning a bit.
What does he think about me? Oh, I felt attraction… She blushes a bit, feeling warm inside. But would he want something with an older woman he just met? Tsuruko feels a bit insecure, that coming from the fact that she barely knows Keitaro, but what she already knew was enough to enrapt her. And being adept of Ki control, she knew that Keitaro was especial, and a very kind, and lively man.
But Tsuruko has her own fears and defenses to deal with.
It has been so long since the last time I felt a man as being especial to me…I think I tried to avoid such to a certain degree. Thinks Tsuruko.
Keitaro notices her mood, and worries about his newfound friend. “Tsu-chan? Is anything wrong?” He looks at her, and she looks back, piercing him with her glare…She was about to say something when Sachiko burst into a run, towards an Ice Cream Cart ahead on their path, yelling: “Ice Cream! I love Ice Cream!”
Keitaro runs after the little Sachiko, apologizing to Tsuruko, who smiles back at him. “Go get her…I do understand. I also like Ice Cream, Heheh” Laughs warmly Tsuruko, shooing Keitaro, who starts running after Sachiko.
“Whait Chiko-Chan! Matte yoh!” Calls Keitaro while running, bag in hands.
He sure likes children. He has a way with them. It is so nice to see them here. Tsuruko looks upwards thinking about something she has dreamed years back…Family. Children. A husband to love, and be loved by. Her eyes glazing a bit, watching the clouds hovering above them. She stands there, seemingly soaking at the Sun. Dreaming and also remembering how she felt years back, before life shattered her dreams.
Meanwhile, Keitaro reaches Sachiko. “Phew Sachiko! Please do not run like that…” Pants Keitaro, looking worried, holding his knees.
“Gommenasai Kei-kun…Are you mad at me?” She looks pleading to Keitaro.
“No, no. Just worried. Do not want to see you lost.” Says the young man, scratching his head.
“Can I have Ice Cream?” Pleads Sachiko. “Daddy gave me money…see.” She says, showing Keitaro a wad of notes.
“Sure! Which one you like?” Asks Kei. “And save your money, Chibi-Chan. It is on me.” He says bowing to little Sachiko, to her delight.
“Chocolate!” Says the little girl, clapping her hands. “Can I have chocolate ice cream?”
“Ok. Now, lets get a chocolate for you!” Calls Kei the little girl, happily.
As they approach the cart, Keitaro remembers Tsuruko's comment about ice cream. “Humm, she likes it, but has not asked. I do not know her preferences on it, but I bet chocolate will be a good call. I will get her one!” Decides Keitaro, a decisive face stamped on him.
“Konnichiwa, Ojii-san! May I have three chocolate ice creams, on a cone, please.”
“Oh, sorry son. I only have for two chocolate ones. All my ice cream is sold out.” Says the man in white, apologetically.
“No problem. Two is what I need!” Oh, I like it also, but if there are for my girls there, I am satisfied! Thinks Keitaro, without really realizing what he had just thought.
Keitaro pays the ice creams, and receive the cones.
“Here it is, Sachiko-chan. Your chocolate.” And Keitaro gives the little girl her cone, and she grins broadly.
“You bought one for you?” Asks her, looking at the other cone on Keitaro's hand.
“No, this is for my friend there. She said she likes ice cream. Hope she likes chocolate though.” Says Keitaro, holding the other cone while they head back to Tsuruko.
“She will love it! Everybody likes chocolate!” Says Sachiko, jumping.
“Heheh, little one. Take care or your cone will topple down” Smiles Keitaro to his little friend.
“Okies.” Says Sachiko, stepping to Keitaro's side, enjoying her ice cream.
Energetic you are, little one. Good to see you smiling!
And they head back to Tsuruko.
As she has spaced out for a bit, just looking up to nowhere, Tsuruko startles when Keitaro calls her. “Tsu-Chan? Tsu-Chan!” he calls.
She snaps out of her reverie, smiling at the very reason of her spacing out.
And she notices the other cone on his hand.
“Here. This is for you, a small gift. I hope you like chocolate. The gentleman back there was out of everything else. But I was able to get you this!” Says Keitaro, a bit shy nonetheless.Huh, hope she likes chocolate. I should have asked before.
Tsuruko makes an unreadable face, and slowly approaches him.
Aw…She seems to not have liked it much…Thinks Keitaro. He is a very insecure man.
And Tsuruko thinks.I see only one on his hands. And he bought it for me, after I just commented I like ice cream. So Charming…Awww I think I am going to get very attached to you, Kei Kun! This is turning out to be the best afternoon I have had in ages!
She approaches Kei, who is now a bit afraid that she will not accept his little gift. As she gets near, she blushes a bit, and opens a broad smile, receiving the cone from Keitaro's hand.
“How do you know chocolate is my favorite?” She asks, looking him straight in his eyes.
“I guessed. You are so sweet, I thought chocolate fits you perfectly!” Says Keitaro Oh, what have I said! Keitaro sweats drop fast, wide eyed after his own comment.
Tsuruko embraces him warmly. “Thank you very much, my charming friend. You know how to spoil a woman!” She says while enfolding Keitaro in her arms, who gets beet red fast.
“J-just wish to thank you for your time with us.” He stammers, within her embrace.
Tsuruko then looks at her cone. “But this will not do!” She says. “Where is yours? No more you said? So we share!” She says to Keitaro, nodding her head while smiling broadly.
“What? No, no need really!” He says, weaving his hands.
“I do not accept that! We share! I give the first bite, and then you will have it as well. Or I will refuse it!” She says, pouting.
Keitaro does not respond to that, and just looks at her. Tsuruko then takes a little bite from it.
“Humm! Delicious!” And she looks at the cone, as if analyzing it.
“It is melting… I better do something about it before it melts out of the cone!” She looks at Keitaro, blinking mischievously.
And then she goes over the whole ice cream on one long, sweeping movement.
Keitaro observes, a bit uneasy. Oh, ok…I will have a bite from it…and she is going over it now…the whole of it…awww, why am I feeling a bit hot now? The sun is gentle, it is not hot…awww. Thinks Keitaro, feeling really hot.
“Now your time!” Says Tsuruko, eyes glinting, tilting her head a bit while extending her cone to Keitaro, who avidly bits a little portion of it.
“Good! The best I ever tasted!” He says, blushing a bit. Actually both are blushing right now.
Tsuruko grabs his left arm again, and start to walk side-by-side, while they are having their ice cream.
“Now, we could find a spot to have our little snack! I did prepare some simple sandwiches for us to have now.” She says, while walking, searching the lakeside area they are heading into.
“Great. I want to know how tasty your food is!” Says Keitaro, happy.
“And so you will!” Answers Tsuruko, warmly.
“So what you think Sachiko-Chan, lets stop for a snack?” Asks Tsuruko to the young girl at their side.
“Hai” Says Sachiko, face full of chocolate.
“Heheh, good I brought napkins with me.” Tsuruko says looking to Keitaro.
So they go by the lake. There they found a big Sakura tree, and under it they found a perfect spot to lie down and enjoy their little snack.
After setting up their little picnic, Tsuruko, Keitaro and Sachiko sat, to enjoy the sandwiches and stuff Tsuruko brought for them.
“Hope you find it all of your licking. I am not that used to prepare these.” Says Tsuruko, a bit concerned.
“But it is delicious! No kidding!” Says Keitaro, chewing a big chunk of sandwich.
“Hai hai!” Adds Sachiko, also wolfing into the sandwiches.
“I am happy!” Tsuruko claps her hands happily. “So glad you are enjoying it!”I made those with gusto, of that I am sure! Thinks the young woman.
I would never change the life I am leading now…but I surely miss this kind of feeling I am sensing now. I really need to admit that! Thinks her, glazing her eyes for a moment.
“I made plenty! Have as much as you like!” Says Tsuruko snapping out of her reverie.
And she really stuffed well her little snack bag. Not knowing how hungry they would be, she prepared for the worst.
For Keitaro and Sachiko, wolfing through the bag's contents, it was pure bliss.
Wow…if she cooks like this, a lucky guy will be whoever she chooses to be at her side! Thinks Keitaro while drinking a cup of iced tea she provided as well, looking at her. Huh, why do I feel a bit uneasy…a little ache inside…oh my…
Keitaro sighs inwardly, but for a brief moment. Not even Tsuruko felt his little emotional slip. He was enjoying his time, and would not fall in any depression here and now.
They enjoy their meal, the sight around them, the gentle sun and the very presence of each other.
Sachiko, after eating, feels the earlier excitement taking its toll, and becomes very sleepy. As Tsuruko, always ready, brought a light mantle to use as a picnic mat, she improvises with it a mantle and mat, and with her jacket makes a pillow, and Sachiko lays on the makeshift futon, in order to rest a bit.
“I gather she had a full day. She seemed to be enjoying a lot!” Says Keitaro, looking at the little girl taking a nap at their side, under the Sakura tree.
So am I, Kei Kun, so am I… Thinks Tsuruko, smiling at Keitaro, without even noticing it.
Keitaro starts to feel a bit uncomfortable, being the shy one.
Tsuruko feeling his state puts her hand over his at her side, and starts talking to him.
“You know, this has been a very nice day for me. A time out of family business and responsibilities is nice from time to time. I am so lucky to have met you yesterday! And that piece of action at The Club was very nice. I want to repeat it!” She says, looking to the lake in front of them.
“I should be saying that, Tsu-Chan. I was all gloomy yesterday morning. Then I came across this little one here…” And he ruffles Sachiko's hair, sleeping at his side. “And after being able to help her, I was invited to that club, and met you all there. I guess I can say I am a very lucky guy!” Says Keitaro, looking at his hand under Tsuruko's warm one.
“But please, Kei-Kun. Tell me more about you. You told me you were traveling after failing at the Toudai Exams. Well, so what you do for living. Are you only a student then?” Asks her, turning her head and looking at Keitaro.
At this, Keitaro feels a bit of his mood going down. “No, I also manage a Dorm. Well, I try to, but sometimes it gets a bit over my head…” He says, looking up. “Being male and managing an All Girls Dorm is not that easy, as some may think.” He adds.
An All Girls Dorm…like the one Motoko is living now. Thinks Tsuruko, and then she senses the sudden shift on his Ki. Not a grea,t one but a shifting nonetheless.
“But I do not have that much to tell. I manage a Dorm, and study in what little time I have left to myself, trying to enter Toudai. But it seems my studies are at fault, as I was not able again to get into Toudai.” And Keitaro looks at Tsuruko, now resting her head on his right shoulder, while he is with his back on the Sakura's slightly slanted trunk.
“But please, do tell me about you, Tsu-Chan. Whereas my life is a bit dull, I bet yours is full of interesting things! You and your family seemed to be very nice, and do know a lot about many things.” Keitaro remembers their talking on The Club. They all seemed so classy and intelligent. But happy and good humored as well.
“My life? Well, I have not been into University or the likes. I was tutored at home, but my parents were very picky about my formation. My sister has a degree in Economics from Toudai itself. But we all ended up working with our Family. Heritage and custom dictate so, though I am very happy with all my activities. I just wanted to have more moments like yesterday, and now…” Sighs Tsuruko. On such I include you, my Kei Kun! She mentally adds.
“So you work with family. And may I ask, what do you do?”
“I am Headmaster of our Family's Dojo. I am Master in Kendo, Tae Kwon Do, Jiu-Jitsu and also Kenjutsu.” Says Tsuruko, matter of factly.
“I took over the Dojo 5 years ago, after my parents and my husband found untimely death…” At this comment, Tsuruko's mood dropped a bit. Whenever she recalls that night 5 years ago, when she lost both her parents and her husband as well, she gets a bit sad indeed.
Keitaro felt her mood dropping, but before saying anything he freezes, the meaning of her words finally getting through him. Headmaster of a Martial Arts Dojo…Master…Kenjutsu…Oh my god! His eyes went wide. If I slip in any way I may end dead. She must be light years better than Motoko!
Keitaro's mood changes from easy happiness to awareness. He was afraid of making any stupid movement, or that his natural clumsiness makes itself present. Motoko was the only one he knew as a Martial Arts student. Here by his side was a woman, and a Master. If Motoko was by any means average, any wrong doing perceived by Tsuruko would mean big trouble.
Tsuruko feels this sudden change. Oh, tightening….his Ki is tightening. Why? We are just talking here…and I thought he was slowly easing down. I was happy after perceiving this! But now again he goes on a seemingly defensive mode…
Tsuruko lifts her head to look into Kei's face, but suddenly a couple having a discussion near them calls their attention:
“You are a complete moron! Why I keep going out with you is a mystery!” Says a red haired young girl, to her companion.
“But Chisame! I just wanted you to have some fun!” Says the young man, pleading.
“Hah you always choose the wrong places! Why not a boat, or a shopping. It has to be going to a Playground!”
“But this place is beautiful. And see this park. Don't you think it is beautiful?”
“Nah, maybe for you. I am going home!” She says and turns, leaving the boy behind. As he tries to get her, he stumbles and falls, taking the girl down with him and unintentionally grabbing her `back area.'
PERVERT!” And she stands up, and beat the guy on his face, making him go down again.
Always! There are always those who do not see things as they really are! This is so sad. Thinks Keitaro, seeing all that.
Tsuruko, hating any kind of injustice cannot hold herself back. She stands up fast, going in a flash towards the couple.
Keitaro seeing this thinks. Oh no! The girl accused him of being a pervert. He looks at Tsuruko with pained eyes. And she is a Martial Arts Master… Keitaro stands fast, shaking a bit, not really knowing what to do but tired of his own treatment by the girls, and now expecting Tsuruko to act harshly on the male side of the discussion.
But to his surprise, that does not happen.
The girl was going to hit the boy again, when the tall woman just pops up in front of her, holding her arm on a vise grip with her right hand!
“Young lady, you should be more mindfull of your manners! Don't you see this boy is already hurt?” She inquires, piercing the redhaired girl.
“But he grabbed me! This pervert!” She stammers in fury.
“No, he did not!" Her eyes were in flame, her face displaying how annoyed she was. "He just stumbled and you happened to be on his way down. Have you waited long enough to hear his explanation, you would have understood this easily.” Says Tsuruko, holding her firmly.
“And who are you to defend this pervert?” She carries her ranting.
“My name is Tsuruko. And as for defending him... I just dislike wrong doings as much as any one. But what I see here is a very impolite girl exacting aggression against an innocent boy. At least right now, nothing wrong was done. You are too quick to judge and too harsh on acting. I advise you that such path will eventually lead you into trouble.” And Tsuruko increases her grip just a little bit, making the girl wince, while pointing her statement.
“Now I advise you to go without any further aggression. Talk as much as you like, but do not incur on senseless violence.” And Tsuruko releases the girl, which is still fuming while turning back and speeding out of the parkland.
The boy stands, and thanks Tsuruko, bowing deeply. “Thanks Ma'am. She is a nice girl deep inside. She is just a bit hotheaded. I will talk to her. Sayonara!” And the boy goes after the girl, more cautiously this time.
"Do take care!" Tsuruko humpfs, and heads back to Kei, who is impressed with the whole exchange.
In the middle of her way back, she stopped as if remembering something, bringing her right hand index finger to her mouth, looking up.
Huh, I just forgot to verify the operating times of the Onsen! She turns her back to where Keitaro and Sachiko were, fishing her pant's pocket for the ticket. Hopefully it will have the time written in it.
She looks at the ticket on her hand and searches for the info she wanted.
Ah, here it is…from 7:30am up to 11:30pm. Niiiiiiice! A big smile plastered on her features.
Tsuruko was concerned about the time, as she could perceive the afternoon was closing to its end. She puts the ticket back on her pocket, and turns back to her party, smiling inwardly.
Fufufu…not ending soon, my day…no no.
While Tsuruko approaches them, Keitaro is recovering from his sudden nervousness.
If Motoko or Narusegawa were here, I think the boy would have met some real problem…But Tsuruko, even being a Martial Arts Master, she is fair and level…So different to witness such behavior…I am really surprised! Thinks Keitaro, seating again, resting on the Sakura tree trunk. He is a bit shaken, not sure why.
I need to rethink some of my positioning, of that I am sure now. Thinks Keitaro, closing his eyes, feeling a bit tired.
Tsuruko approaches Kei and Sachiko, who kept sleeping during the whole exchange near them.I profoundly dislike such fast judgments and fast unnecessary violent action! Dishonorable and stupid! Thinks a slightly annoyed Tsuruko.
And now you, my Kei Kun…why the shifting Ki again? Tsuruko stands in front of Kei, both hands on her hips, the sun just behind her. Keitaro opens his eyes briefly, and cannot see her eyes, as her face is shadowed by her positioning, the sun reflecting its rays behind her, framing her silhouette, contrasting with her raven hair, now untied and flowing along her face and back.
The edges of her figure flaming with the Sun behind her.
Like a dream…unreal. So beautiful. Thinks Keitaro, a bit drowsy. The lack of real sleep taking its toll after the previous night.
Tsuruko smiles, and kneels in front of Kei.It seems that after the snacks, we are all in need of a little rest. She smiles looking at his face.
I will take the opportunity as well, fufufu. She lays down, resting her head on Keitaro's lap.Humm, this feels good….The sun is relaxing now…
As Tsuruko also slept little, and woke up early, this opportunity feels right and good. And they all rest a bit, under the Sakura tree they choose for their little picnic, the Sun spraying its late afternoon rays over them.
Tsuruko is fast asleep.
Keitaro, still drowsy wakes up minutes later, and notices that Tsuruko is sleeping without any jacket, as little Sachiko, using the mantle Tsuruko produced before, is using hers as a pillow.
Hum, she will be cold soon. Thinks Keitaro. As such thought crosses his mind, he carefully takes out his own jacket, and covers Tsuruko with it. Better now… He thinks, combing her silky hair while closing his drowsy eyes once more.
Hum, nice feel to it…silky…
Thus they take a little nap, under the Sakura tree, while the late afternoon Sun sprays them with its fading warmth.
After an hour, Tsuruko feels something over her, covering her upper body. Kimochii! (Feels nice) She thinks, noticing though that the Sun was going into its sunset soon, the orange rays bathing her surroundings in a beautiful yet longing light.
She feels Keitaro's hand over her head, and looks up.
Keitaro at her movement stirs and wakes up. He looks at her and smiles: “Hey, you both needed a rest, huh? Are you feeling well? You were fast asleep.”
“So where you, Kei Kun.”
Keitaro shivers a bit, and Tsuruko wakes up fully, noticing their state. Touching Keitaro's jacket over her.
Uh, Oh! He must be cold.
She notices his jacket over her upper torso, as she was clinging to it now, and her eyes shot wide open.
The wind…and he was sleeping! Tsuruko stands up, beckoning Keitaro, and scolding him.
“Aww Kei Kun, you must be freezing! Why you gave me your jacket!” She says, looking at him shaking.
“Do not worry yourself, I am ok…and besides, you were without a Jacket as well! That would not do!” He says firmly.
She embraces him enfolding him in her arms, imparting her warmth. He blushes violently at this.
She releases him reluctantly and hands him back his jacket.
“Now get your jacket back. Lets wake up little Sachiko. It is getting late!” She says, while kneeling beside Sachiko.
He is so tender…caring. She hides her face, not sure why, from Kei. She is red faced and grinning. Something very especial was growing steadily inside her soul.
And I have the Onsen to visit! Thinks Tsuruko, mind on the ticket inside her pocket.
“Yeah, the day is running out…” Says Kei, not that happy with the prospect, looking at the sun steadily dimming its light now.
But he also remembered that the woman at his side was a Martial Arts Master…That thought unnerved him a bit.
“Lets go Chibi-Chan…” Tsuruko calls Sachiko, who wakes up fast.
“Time to more play!” She says.
“We need to get going, Sachiko-Chan, it s getting late.” Says Keitaro.
At this moment, Sachiko's cell phone in her small purse rings.
She picks it fast, and answer: “Moshi moshi?”
“…”
“Daddy!”
Then she listens, and her face goes a bit annoyed…
“But Daddy, I wanna play more!”
“…”
“Hai hai…”
And she extends the Cell to Keitaro.
“Moshi moshi”
-Hello Urashima-san. My wife has ended her meeting earlier, and is very near the Park. As it is late, she said she will pick up Sachiko-chan there with you, thus avoiding the necessity of you to bring her back. I want to thank you for the time you spent with her. -
“It was our pleasure! But if you want we can take her home.”
-There is not real necessity, as my wife is almost there. But thank you anyway. She will be at the gate area in 20 min.-
“Ok, we will be heading to the gates.”
-Once more thank you for your time.-
Keitaro turns off the cell, giving it back to Sachiko.
“So little one, it is time to go. The sun will set soon, so we would be going anyway.” Smiles Keitaro, reassuring the little girl. Änd you do not want to make your mother wait, right?”
“Ok!” Says a little sad Sachiko.
“So lets set off camping, and start heading for the gates.” Says Tsuruko, picking up the mantle and the picnic bag. Humm, Kei and me…alone. Looking now to Keitaro, thinking about the tickets on her pocket.
Aoyama Tsuruko is easily one of the most powerful and dangerous women walking the planet…but at that very moment she was feeling like a college girl, going out on a first date.
She loved this very feeling!
And they set forth to the gates while the afternoon was ending behind them, the sun's fading rays imparting a real longing feeling to the lake and its surrounding Parkland.
There were some things I almost forgot…this kind of feeling…this sensation I am feeling now. Gosh, I really do not know exactly what to do, but I will surely not shy away from this…
Tsuruko bites her lower lips, while thinking.
Many things happened to me in the last 5 years, but I surely missed this feeling I can perceive is starting to rise inside me again…
Tsuruko thinks, looking at the lake while going arm-in-arm with Keitaro.
She holds his arm a bit firmer. I really do not know where this may go. But maybe it is time to let the past go, and starting moving forward. Life is so beautiful. And yes, there are beautiful people to meet and share our time as well!
She smiles broadly, looking back at Keitaro, and leans herself a bit closer to the shorter man at her side, tilting her head to Keitaro. Coming closer to him. Drinking on his presence.
I will not be afraid. The past is precious, and sometimes scary, but the present and future are mine to live! She feels her inner core growing warm, old sorrows and fears fading slowly. Keitaro's presence and his very nature, his Ki, and his persona soaking Tsuruko, making her notice that life was full of more than what she was having from it up to this moment. And making her notice that she was indeed missing some very precious aspects of her own life, as a person and as a woman.
This may scare me a bit…Feh, but I am an Aoyama! To fight, and to claim my own life in full!
She would not bring herself to fully acknowledge it yet, but the young man at her side was bringing back love to her life. Making her whole again.
But soon Aoyama Tsuruko would perceive her feelings in full. Her fears, dating back from a terrible night 5 years ago, now being slowly demolished bit by bit.
She stands erect, and emanates power, a power fuelled by her present feelings. A power she has not embodied for over 5 years now! Her own persona becoming full again, slowly healing from the past, and ready to face her future as a whole person!
Keitaro could notice the sudden change on his companion. Wow, suddenly she feels warmer, stronger…yet caring and reassuring.
Oh Tsu-Chan! How could I have found a so interesting woman, so suddenly after leaving Hinata-Sou?
Keitaro also has his fears. But for this very moment, walking under the fading sunset light with this woman, he is letting go of his fears, and he just enjoys this feeling.
I may have had just this afternoon with you…but I will remember how you made me feel, and how a really honored, beautiful and caring woman is. I think I will not meet again someone just like you, but at least I know you exist. And who knows, I can find someone for me at least a bit similar to the woman you are! This lifts me, though I may feel sad when we part ways. But for now, Tsu-Chan, I will enjoy whatever I can at your side!
Keitaro smiles. His true smile was missing from his face for a long time now, but it was slowly coming back this last two days.
His soul lifting from the dark mood it came to, after having more than one dream shattered.
After being hammered down for a long time now, Keitaro was slowly rediscovering how true enjoyment felt.
The three walk slowly to their destination.
And the couple is emanating warmth and happiness while strolling together.

Earlier that same day, in Tokyo - Toudai Administration Building:
Haruka was upset.
The clerk in front of her seemed to be really dense…or was speaking the truth, in which case a certain blonde bulldozer was going to become a very sorry lady indeed after meeting a very short tempered Urashima Haruka.
“Ok, let me see if I get you right: You are telling me that the last entrance exams results are already recorded, and once this happens there is no way to request a revision at this moment? And that such revisions would only be made in a week or so, after a board meeting to consider verifying the requests made?” Haruka was really upset. How come this man was telling her such things, if Narusegawa yelled for all to hear that her test was found mistaken in its correction, almost right after the results were released.
“Yes ma'am. Any complaints and revision requests must be filled during this week. After this week, the Board will consider the filled requests, and not before. And anyway such requests are rarely found really valid. The corrections are taken seriously here.” The clerk was very assured of what he was saying, that was clear to Haruka.
“But if a test is found faulty right away, would you from Toudai contact the candidate to inform about the error?”
“I have never heard of such a circumstance. I suppose it can be possible. But not very likely.” The man seems very sure that such a circumstance was very unlikely to happen.
“You could of course contact the man responsible for the correction team. He could explain the whole process much easier and clearer than I am able to, ma'am.”
The man could see that the woman in front of him was very intent on going as far as possible to have the answers she was looking for.
“I can see to it if Professor Hirata is able to speak to you, Urashima-San. Allow me a minute to consult his office.” The man stands up, going through a door right behind his desk.
Ever since Urashima Haruka arrived at Toudai, seeking to help her nephew, she was very skeptical about the whole thing.
She knew how hard Keitaro was trying to enter the place. To oversee something as a faulty correction was very unlikely.
But actually he was so upset with the whole thing with Narusegawa…he could have really let that pass! This thought came with a scowl to her face.
The brat not even once tried to understand, or at least respect Keitaro. Not even once! And when she found out about this misunderstanding, she never even thought about trying to help Keitaro? How could we all have been so mistaken about Narusegawa…How?
Haruka was really immerse in her thoughts, and waited while the clerk was trying to put her in contact with someone who might be able to help her now.
While this was happening, Hirata Shigeru was at his office, mulling about his last deeds.
I can't say I am very proud of what I did. But Naru was so near on her results, I can't deny that! Thought Hirata, thinking fondly of his young girlfriend.
But if this goes out, I am done. But then again, why someone would mess with the situation anyway.
Hirata was feeling a bit easier about the whole situation, when his phone starts ringing, startling him out of his reverie, picking up the phone.
“Moshi moshi, Hirata desu!”
-Professor Hirata, there is a lady here, Urashima Haruka, at the Academic Center information desk, making some questions regarding possible mistakes on the last entrance exams corrections... - His secretary goes a bit longer, but he is not listening anymore.
Hirata starts to feel uneasy and nervous. This must be some coincidence. Bad timing and a bad joke at that…
“Ask her why she needs the info, and I will see if I can receive her here.” He answers, trying to sort out his own mind.
-Oh, sorry, I did not tell you. Her nephew, name is Urashima Keitaro, has been reproved on the last exams. As it seems, she got info that someone has already been contacted by Toudai about errors on the Exam's correction, and after a review of the said test this person has been approved. I told the clerk that such is very unlikely to happen, but if that was true you would be informed for sure, as you are the head of the correction team.-
Hirata starts to sweat profusely. Oh my! I told her this might happen! Now what do I do? If they caught what I have done, I am done for…And who is this Urashima Haruka? I NEED to get more time!
“Explain Urashima-san that right now I can't talk with her. Ask her to come back after 1:00PM, and I will be able to talk to her. Send my apologies, but my schedule is really tight this week.”
-Ok. I will tell the clerk to pass the info. If she still wants to talk, I will ask her to come back later.-
“Thanks Shizue. Please do not pass any calls to my office from now on. I need to solve some problems here.”
-Done Professor.-
He hangs down the receiver, and lowers his head, holding it with both hands.
Now what will I do? If this Urashima heard about Naru… He feels a hollow in his stomach. Things were starting to crumble somehow…and at the back of his mind he was scolding himself. He KNEW such could happen.
He picks up the phone again, and pushes the button for outside calls, and dials the phone to Hinata-sou. She would be there now. He needed to know if she knew this Urashima woman.

At Hinata-Sou, Narusegawa was busy trying to mop up the upper common areas. They have a lot of work to do now that Keitaro was out.
Now this will be day-in day-out! How can we do any other thing if we get stuck here! She was disheveled and tired.Hum, it seems I really didn't give him enough credit…Wow, this is tiresome! Baka! He should be here doing his job!
But again, wow! How he managed to do all this, and still study?
Narusegawa alternates into feeling anger and missing Keitaro.
Actually, she was missing the attention as well, even though she would never admit to such feelings.
Have I been acting wrong towards him? Nah, he was always upsetting me, and that `Promise' thing was creepy…Though I promised Seta Sensei to enter Toudai. She flexes her body, tired of mopping, and scratches her head.But THAT was different! I was already aware of things I wanted, and not a silly young child! Besides, I never said or even hinted I would accept him as anything more than a friend!
And I would NEVER date a looser like Keitaro! He is too clumsy, too naïve! Always doing whatever someone asks him… Narusegawa is thinking a lot about Keitaro suddenly. After her last actions, and the morning incident with Kitsune, she was in turmoil. Her emotions were on a roller coaster. She was confused, and it reflected on her inner self.
Kitsune should have told me before about any feelings for Keitaro! But he was always after ME. She would have got nowhere with him. And now, because he left she is angry with me! She should be angry with him instead!
Aha, and see if I would ever choose to be dividing someone in any case. He was always giving his attention to everyone! And anyway what would he offer me? Ahhh, why am I even thinking this!
She ruffles her hair madly, worsening its already sorry situation.
That jerk is better off on some childish quest out there! I don't care! I was smart and courageous enough to act and get my wish granted. Sure Seta is of no concern anymore, but I still get my entry in Toudai due to my smart move! And I am dating someone who can give me something, a future, and not some half-witted boy always following foolish dreams…
But Naru closes her eyes for a minute. Though we had good moments sometimes…and he was very attentious…that I can tell.
She snaps her eyes open. Enough! Because of him I failed my exams, and had to resort to a subterfuge to right the wrong thing that happened to me!
And she smirks at this thought.
And that was really neat! Lucky me my boyfriend is a Toudai professor, and responsible for its correction team. She laughs at herself. And that was a coincidence. Maybe I am a very lucky girl after all! She proceeds her mopping, eager to finish it all fast.
Maybe I can finish it all soon enough. Then some rest, a good bath and a possible fun night.
She goes forth, content with herself for her fast thinking on the latest events, and eager for a time out of the present hard work.
I will be none too happy when HE comes back. He can take this job back! Then we can go back to the way we used to live…
That thought, somehow brought her a bit of sorrow, somewhere deep within her. But that sorrow was being pushed back, purged from her. Narusegawa was slowly setting into a person different from the one their friends used to know. She was doing her choices, according to what she believed was good for her.
Or she was actually finally accepting herself, the way she really was. Part of her rage came from her continuous inner battling.
Her inner fears were being squashed as well by taking a path she at one time would not consider to take some years back. Her insecurities and doubts were turning her into a very self-centered girl; calculist and ready to take any action to secure her own self.
The very reason for being so aggressive sometimes, her fears and doubts, making her choose this seemingly safe path. A path where she valued her own well being above all.
Thus despising even more someone like Keitaro, always ready to put others welfare before his own.
“NARU! There is a guy calling you on the phone! Come down!” Yells Kitsune. She was working the first floor.
“Coming!”
Narusegawa goes to the first floor, and as she picks the phone, just looking at her surroundings, as to verify if she was alone. Kitsune was weird today, and she did not want her sneaking upon any call she receives now.
“Moshi moshi.”
She listens carefully for a bit, then yells: “WHO?”
“…”
“Of course I know her, she is the aunt of the manager here. He did the entrance exams with me!”
“…”
“But why should I have told you that? He went away right after the exams. I do not even know where he is!”
“…”
“But Anata! I would never have asked anything if I knew anything wrong would happen! It was a risk anyway! You should know that!”
She was becoming angry fast. Her actions were starting to seem not so well planned after all.
And how come Haruka was at Toudai asking questions anyway!
“Can't you send her away? Tell her you are too busy…we can talk later.”
“…”
“But….”
“…”
“Ok, ok…I am listening.”
She listens for 5 minutes, and after that she is a bit scared.
“But if you say something like this…”
“…”
“Yeah, he is not here, but I do not know if she knows where he is. She told nothing to us.”
“…”
“Yeah, another risky action, all right.” She sighs. “If by chance he phone here, I will try to talk with him first. Thanks for advising me. I think she might want to talk to me soon….”
The prospect of Haruka coming to talk was not very fond to Narusegawa. She takes her hand to touch her cheek, where she was slapped 2 days ago.
“Bye Anata, I'll wait you calling back.”
“…”
“Kissu.”
She puts the receiver back in its position, and looks around her.
Now what is happening? Even absent the Baka still doesn't leave me alone! I hate you Keitaro! You are making my best friend go away due to your fleeing, and now Haruka is prying in what she should not, just because you failed, made me fail along and then ran like a coward!
Her anger was increasing. Any vestige of tenderness and care for Keitaro vanished in a red vortex of anger and frustration.
She stomps fast upstairs, to finish her tasks as soon as possible.
Kitsune, entering again the main hall heard only the last final exchange, but got curious at Narusegawa's reaction.
There is something fishy here! She thinks, looking to where Narusegawa went, stomping her feet on her way.
Very fishy indeed. Thinks Mitsune, while going back to finish her tasks.
My mind is in a swirl lately…too many things happening. And Haruka is out. I really need to have a chat with her today. Mitsune, on her way to maturity, is going to have some surprises. Some will not be happy, but she was growing, and ultimately she would become a very interesting and caring woman.

At his office, Prof. Hirata explained his idea to Narusegawa and, after calling her off, knowing he would not be able to delay further the situation, calls his secretary: “Shizue-San, please contact the Information Desk, and ask the clerk to direct the lady Urashima to my office as soon as she is back. I will talk with her then.”
-Ok, prof. Will do. -
Hirata prepares himself. He will have to deceive the person who was going to pass through his door soon. He never thought he would have to do this kind of thing before. Yeah, they say the path to the wrong doing is easy to walk, and hard to leave once choosen. Ah, and I find myself now on it. I really thought only to help my girlfriend. But I knew this was wrong…even so I started it. Now I am not brave enough to back from it…What am I doing now? Cementing my own downfall…I should have been more objective on this…but now it is too late.
Hirata is nervous, but conceals any doubt and proceeds with his idea. He was plunging further into something he could regret, but right now he was set on his course of action.
At which point I choose this path? And why? He is troubled, but in his emotional rebuttal, he was not doing anything to solve the problem. On the contrary, he was worsening it.
Time passes, and he used the time to prepare himself for his act.
Eventually the time came upon him, and he hears a knock in his door. “Please, come in!”
As the door opens, a beautiful, yet serious looking woman enters his room. He feels intimidated by her presence, but he carried on with his plan. “Urashima Haruka, yes? Yoroshiku onegai shimasu! Have a seat please.”
He points to the chair in front of his desk, and seats to talk with the woman.
“May I offer you a cup of tea or coffee? Water perhaps?” He sounds a bit strange, but as the woman does not know him, he dismissed this.
“Thank you, Professor. I would just like to talk about something that is happening regarding my nephew. I believe you have been already appraised about the subject?” Haruka goes straight to the point. The waiting already annoyed her, though it did not take all that long anyway. But she was feeling annoyed anyway, and the first talk with the clerk at the information desk did not dispel her annoyance. Actually managed to get her even further aggrieved.
“Yes, I am. You are inquiring about the tests, and the possibility of any error on its corrections before the lists were issued. Well, as it happens, we had only one case this year. A young girl did ask for an instant revision. As this was done at the day the lists were posted, 3 days ago, her request was granted immediately. The error on her correction was found and the result amended. But that was a unique situation, I am afraid to say. There were no other requests about revisions.” Hirata seats back on his chair. The first lie was laid down…now he was following the flow of it. Sadly, it was becoming easier, and he was feeling ever more confident.
“But my nephew did the tests and verified the results along with this girl, Narusegawa Naru. By what I know, they did score almost the same. All right, he may have failed by a slim margin, but if that is the case, I really would like to request a review on his test as well.” Haruka says, worry on her face. How come Narusegawa did not say anything about requesting a review? I recall Shinobu telling me she was advised by this error… And it dawned on her. She could have advised Keitaro then…why she has not? Haruka was getting angry again at Narusegawa.
“As it happens,” Says Hirata, supporting his hands over the table. “We cannot pull out any tests anymore without a formal request by the applicant himself. The results were filed and for any action to be taken to change them, the applicant should do a revision request in the next 6 days, otherwise the time limit for any revisions is gone, and the results are filed for good.” He says, an apologetic expression on his face.
“Ok then, can I fill out such a request? I am the applicant's aunt, and would like to see this solved on his behalf.” Haruka is really concerned, but wanted to try anything on this matter.
“Sorry, really sorry but the applicant himself must fill the request. If your nephew does it within the said time limit, I will personally see to it. Otherwise we cannot do anything here at my office.” He says remorselessly.If the boy appears, I still can control things. But as it is now, I think he will be out for good. So this will be hopefully over within 6 days! After this I will have more attention on where I am heading myself. Never more will I expose myself to this kind of thing! Thinks Hirata, perceiving the worry on the woman's face.
“But he is not in town! He left and I can't contact him at this moment! Can't you help on such a situation? It does mean a lot to him!” Haruka is not used to plead, but she was not holding back on this. She was already blaming herself a lot for not having helped Keitaro before things went this far in her nephew's life. Kei Kun, have I taken a stance before, maybe you would not have gone so far into the sadness I saw in your eyes lately. Sorry! Haruka usually seems to have a hard and stoic stance, but she was a caring woman, and just tried to help her nephew grow. But she perceived now many things he had held from her knowledge. And the abuse he suffered was more frequent than she ever thought.
No more putting myself distant! I will act from now on. Whether the damage is too deep or not, I will help him heal, and will start to take sides on this matter. No more putting myself aside. The girls were my friends but this kind of attitude lately is so wrong! I expect them to see the truth, especially knowing how Kei is and acts. But it seems I was expecting too much, and left things unchecked for much too long!
Hirata could sense the turmoil the woman was in, but he could not back up now. He was going to the end on this. He felt dirty, but could not muster enough courage to back from it now. And deep inside he also feared he was dealing with fire here.I better end this soon!
“Sorry Urashima-San. I really cannot bend the University rules, as much willing to help as I am, I can only thread through the right path.” His guts were in turmoil now.What am I saying? This is disgusting!
“If your nephew comes and fill out the request, I will try to help. But if that does not happen I am with my hands tied up. Really sorry on this.” Hirata stands up, as to say that the meeting was over. He was feeling bad, and wanted to end this all immediately.
“Now I apologize, but I need to tend to other things now. It was a pleasure. Sorry for not being able to help more.” Hirata looks at the seemingly defeated woman in front of him.
Haruka is not well. She expected to find a way to help her nephew. The story Narusegawa told was fishy. But it seemed that it checked. The one responsible teacher at Toudai confirmed her case, and also the situation over Keitaro's case. How can I help him now? I need to talk to him! Oh Keitaro, you should have left a phone number, some way to reach you! This is so unfair! Feeling sad, but unable to do anything right now, she stands up and shakes the hand of the professor in front of her.
But Narusegawa! Could you not have told Keitaro about this at that moment? How much you really dislike the boy? Haruka's feelings were dark against Narusegawa.
“Sorry to trouble you over this, Hirata-Sensei. I just wanted to help my nephew.” She says, eyes heavy with a mix of sadness and anger.
“I understand and sympathize. I hope he can get to fill out the revision in time. Who knows it could prove another test wrong corrected. Not good in a way, but at least he would be in a better situation.” Hirata goes with Haruka to the door and says his farewell relieved this was ending. Phew…Never…More!
“So long Haruka-San, I expect you to have a good day, despite all this.”
“Thanks. Have a good day, sir.” Says Haruka dispirited, leaving the office.
She goes automatically through her way out of these offices in the Administration Building. She was expecting more…and she was not used to feel useless, helpless like this. Guilt was also playing its part here. Guilt for leaving things happened around her for so long.
Have I acted before, I may have been able to change things over. Or not… But at least I would have tried… She goes over the campus she once threaded. She remembered her time in this place. So many things happened here. This was the place where she met Seta Sensei so many years ago (well, not that many…but Haruka was rather sensitive over the passage of time).
Heh, I was more careless then… She goes, looking at her surroundings, troubled eyes darting around.
She strolled over the campus, not wanting to head back yet. She was trying to dispel her inner feelings now. Trying to light up her mood. She was a woman of action and feeling down was only good to slow her down. She wanted a clear head to try and act on something positive over the latest events happening to them all.
She also new that if she got back now, she could regret a possible meeting with Narusegawa.
While she was strolling, she bumped in to an old man, who was with his attention on a wad of papers in his hand. “Ouch!” Says the man, letting the wad of papers fall.
“Oh, gommen nasai! I should be more careful!” Says Haruka, looking apologetically to the old man…and suddenly recognizing an old professor of hers.
“Kobayashi-Sensei! Are you fine? Really sorry. It's me, Urashima Haruka, do you remember me?” She asks the professor, remembering how fond of his History Classes. Kobayashi and Seta were her preferred professors. Though she ended up closer to Archaeology, following Seta Sensei guiding and friendship.
“Oh hoho! I sure do now, though you became a beautiful woman now, istead of a cute but very volatile young girl!” Says the professor, shaking Haruka's hand with a big smile on his face. “How could I forget you! If not by your looks then, I would surely remember a member of the Urashima Family! You and Yumiko-Chan were the University sensation back then.” Laughed the man, heartily. “Urashima and Aoyama in the same University, heheh. And you were her Sempai, no less! Those History classes were fun!”
Haruka remembered her times then, on her last year's assignment, working with Seta sensei and monitoring the second year students. Yumiko was her Kohai then, one of the students under her supervision, and they both ended up friends in the University.
Ah, me and Seta…we went a long way since then… She remembers, smiling. Seta was then the youngest Teacher ever to lecture on Toudai. His ideas were very innovative, and his dashing ways were also very popular. Not saying about his romantic activity: Archaeology and Ancient Languages. He was a very young Sensei (He was only 4 years older than Haruka herself. A veritable genius on his chosen area.)
And her assignment with him made them friends. He was a very interesting character and somewhat solitaire, as his wife was deceased very recently when they first met.
She remembered how impressed young Narusegawa was back when she first met him as well. Well, he was, and still is, a very interesting ma, I got to say. She smiles, with her memories flooding her mind.
“And what makes you visit this old place?” asks the man, putting away his papers, stowing them on the valise he was carrying, calling her attention to the present.
“I was at the Admin. Building. I came to try and help my nephew. He failed his last test for Toudai. But as it seems, a common friend has her test wrongly corrected and now she is approved. As they studied together, and even corrected the tests themselves alongside each other, coming out almost to the same score, I imagined I could find his test wrong as well. But it seems I can't make any request for revisions in his name…” She says, the last statement in a sad voice.
“Now, now, do not sound dispirited my dear. There is always something that we can do to help dear ones. And can't he come and fill the request? I quite not know the right procedures for those, but I gather he has some time…It is not very common though to have a revision finding a test really mistaken…” He adds, mostly to himself by the end.
“Actually he left right after the results publication…And I really wanted to help him. But he has not left any contact …I will have to wait his call.”
“So my dear, part of the situation is already set. If you could find a way to contact him, that would be fine. But as you cannot right now, be at peace that you tried to help. Who knows he may contact you before long. Either way you did your part!” He says matter of factly. And as he was really right on that, Haruka was beginning to feel a bit better. Guilty is an ugly thing to deal with.
“Thanks Kobayashi-San. I was really down due to this, but you are right. Better keep my head clear, thus being able to do things objectively!”
“And now, would you like to accompany an old man for lunch? I would be honored to have lunch with an old student of mine, and someone from the Urashima Clan, no less!” He says, grinning.
“That will be my honor. But I am not an Old Student…Sheesh!” Mocking annoyance. She was happy to reencounter a dear teacher as Kobayashi Sensei.
Both go to one of the many cafeterias on the campus, chatting about past times. It is a good respite for Haruka. And it also helps clearing out her own mind as well.

Kitsune was awaiting Haruka's return.
She went to the Tea Shop earlier, but the attendants there said Haruka had left that morning, and was out since then.
Interesting…Haruka usually leaves for Tokyo on Wednesdays. And she seldom stays out for more than 4 or 5 hours…Why is it that she is delaying so much? Ack! And I need to talk to her! Kitsune was a bit annoyed. She wanted to share her mind with someone. Someone who could offer some help on the matters at hand. She was worried about her friend, but also very annoyed about her actions, and her attitude. And at this moment, also very worried about Keitaro and how some of the things happening here would affect him, if added to the recent events.
I am no one to make judgments here, but all this mess could have been avoided so long ago…and the present situation is enough to make us rethink our own responsibilities over how we acted towards Keitaro up to this moment. At least that is what I think…No more Miss Irresponsible over such. Keitaro is my friend after all, and my part on this was less than commendable if I analyze it. Kitsune never wanted to harm anyone. She was a prankster…and would always be a joyful woman. But she was coming to the conclusion that she needed to weight some kind of jokes. She may have helped to hurt a friend with her lack of forethought on the results of her plays.
Sometimes we end up doing just the opposite, right? I am always willing to enjoy and have fun on everything I do…but as things are now, I am just sad. I hope to be able to help set things into a better situation. And I will be more mindful of the results of my fun from now on.I
Kitsune, having already finished her daily duties, was just watching TV now. She saw Shinobu entering the hall, and called the young bluenette.
II think that among us all, she is the one that got it harder…but you, little one, at least doesn't have your conscience in mud…be happy for that.
Shinobu seats with Kitsune, her face showing some kind of concern. She seemed a bit anxious.
“Heya, Shinobu-Chan, is there anything bothering you right now?” Kitsune asks, looking her in the face.
“Ah, no…err...actually I am just a bit swamped with homework. Lots of things this week, you know.” She says, giving out a weak smile.
Shinobu was anxious about her talk with Haruka. When she got from school she checked at the Tea Shop, but Haruka was out. Probably still at Toudai.
Oh, Haruka-San, sorry for disturbing you, but I just wanted to help Sempai! And I do not know if I can tell Kitsune what is going on…no one seemed to care about Sempai anymore…though Kitsune said startling things this morning. That I do remember.
Shinobu was surprised this morning, but still Kitsune was known for her way of dealing with things around her. And her own actions in the past warrant some awareness when concerning Keitaro.
“You know Kitsune, it would be so fantastic if Keitaro-Sempai was also in Toudai.” She says, looking at the TV Set. “He dreamed for so long about it…I-I wished to be of more help to him…maybe then he would have stayed with us…” Shinobu says, lowering her head. She liked him a lot. Maybe that was not love, for she even wished him to get along with Narusegawa, if that was his will. But she wished him to be happy! And his leaving, and the way it happened, made her terribly sad.
Sempai, sorry if was not able to help you before…even on all those times you were treated the way you were here. Awww…sometimes even due my own reactions….sorry. Shinobu was worried, and sad. But if Haruka could do something about the test situation, she would feel a bit better.
Kitsune saw the mood on the little girl, and got worried as well. Shinobu was sometimes an introspect girl. She improved a lot after Keitaro's arrival. And this mess surely would be affecting her deeply. Damn, are we so dumb in the end? It took hurting a friend real badly for us all to understand our mistakes? Oh, granted! Naru and Motoko are like always. Actually Narusegawa is even more aggressive when talking about Keitaro. Guilt? Conscience? Do not know, but she is changing indeed. And Kitsune looks at Shinobu.And you little one…you are growing fast as well. And really like Keitaro. We all saw this long ago, but we always took it as a childish crush…and that is disrespect with your feelings in the end as well. Be it what it may, your heart feels it, and we should respect you, as our friend and as a person too…though that is exactly where we failed with Keitaro…
Kitsune's own mood was not exactly the best one, but she would act soon. Maybe she would even be able to help Shinobu in the process.
“Ah, Kitsune, I will be outside. I like to see the sunset. Clears my head…I will have to study a bit more this week. Excuse me. See you at dinner.” Shinobu stands up, and moves to the door. I will go to the Tea Shop again…at this time Haruka must be long back from her trip to Toudai. I could not check before finishing laundry, and the dinner prep. But now time to check on her again! She brightens a bit with the prospect. She was confident Haruka would be able to do something about the test.
Kitsune saw the mood change, and got a bit happier.I hope to see you smiling more my friend. I know I saw it a lot more after Keitaro's coming to this place…

Haruka was tired, but happy somewhat.
She was not able to really set things as she wanted, but she had a nice talk with a dear person from her university days. Granted, some of what her old History Sensei said put some disturbing thoughts on her…but actually those thoughts were already threatening to come out anyway since this whole correction matter surfaced.
Kobayashi-san said it was possible…but he never heard of a correction error being found right after the results publishing…Normally this was a matter called up by the ones aggrieved, through formal requests to the Correction Board…like that Hirata one told me… Haruka had a thoughtful expression on her face while arriving at her Tea Shop.
She spent her whole afternoon in Tokyo. Talking to Kobashi-san first, then strolling a bit through Toudai Campus, to cool down a bit and organize her thoughts. Kobayashi comment on the fact she told him, over the Narusegawa's test put her on some kind of alert.
I am not going to assume anything. The person responsible for the whole process even explained to me what happened. But then again, people can be mislead. But I cannot believe Narusegawa would do such a thing for simply entering Toudai. That would be too extreme…to ….aww….forget it. I just need to find a way to contact Keitaro. Damn the boy! I will break his neck, after asking apolog
ies for letting things go this far! She bites her cigar, severing it. She was still feeling guilty, but that feeling was lessening…She did what she thought was best, and the boy needed to learn to overcome all that by himself. But of one thing she was sure! No more aggressions on her watch! And Narusegawa better stay away from Keitaro…enough emotional toying already.
He may even dislike it, but sheesh! That is enough. This promise thing always hindering him must end. Kanako was right after all. The woman will be furious when she knows what is happening with Keitaro…that is a dreadful thought! Haruka expression went worried immediately. She knew how much Keitaro's older sister was protective. And she tried to steer Keitaro away from that promise so many times, saying how harmful it was becoming to him.
And the details of it all. If she was angry with Narusegawa, Kanako would go berserk.
And she remembered Keitaro's older sister.
I remember some set ups she did with girls she knew, some of her friends. Ah, some were nice actually, like that Neo Kervona one… Haruka remembered that time, right before Keitaro coming to Hinata Sou, almost 2 years ago, a bit after Kanako's hospitalization.Heh, that girl was fun! And she liked Keitaro. But it did not work…as I expected, and Kanako dreaded. The boy was even more obsessed with the promise then. I do remember how Kanako got angry and sad then…
Haruka somewhat feared what would happen if his sister becomes aware of everything happening there. She would or would not blame Haruka herself, but the woman unnerved Haruka a bit…and she feared what she would do after knowing the details over the girls and Keitaro…and after knowing that Narusegawa is (almost surely) the promised girl.
If I'm angered now…Kanako would be…aw…better steer away from this now as well. Enough is already on my mind!
Haruka approaches her Tea Shop, when she hears someone calling her name. When she looks up, she notices Shinobu flapping her arms and running the stairway connecting the Inn with the Tea Shop.
Now…Shinobu will not be happy with the news…and if I cannot contact Keitaro before a week passes…but all right. Shinobu deserves my respect, therefore the truth. Haruka stares at the Inn, up the stairway, sighing. More than anyone else up there actually.
And Haruka deviates from her Tea Shop direction, going to meet Shinobu by the stairway, her heart constricted as she knew how much the little girl liked Keitaro.

Narusegawa Naru, a worried look stamped on her features, looks outside her window, to the stairway leading out the Inn. Her thoughts were not on the little bluenette going down the stairs, but elsewhere, to the man she considers her boyfriend.
He was worried…and now I don't even know what happened there with Haruka! He has not phoned me back! Who does he think he is to treat me like this! She is angry, as the confusion over her thoughts are growing increasingly, after the phone call from Hirata.
And it is all your fault, URASHIMA KEITARO! She trows the Liddo Kun doll she was holding, angrily smirking at it. As if the toy was guilty of some vile act.Why is this happening now? It was so simple…Just correcting a major mistake, something that should never have happened to me! And it was a simple matter of telling it was a mistake…and that is what it was! I should be there! I have not devoted the last years for nothing! So many nights studying…not going out with my friends…not enjoying myself!
Narusegawa's temper was flaring. She was worried by what was happening, but that was translating into anger, instead of remorse for her previous actions. She goes out of her room, fuming, and does not notices Kaolla Su, who was running fast down the hall, towards the stairway. Both collide with force, and went down sprawling to the floor.
“OUCH! Kaolla-Chan! You need to be careful about running here!” Says Narusegawa, still feeling her temper high.
“Gommen ne, Naru! I was going to tell Shinobu. I had an idea! I will build a Keitaro Detector! Heheh, I may find him easily with it! Sensei tells me I am good on building things! I may try to find Keitaro!” Tells an excited Kaolla. She was indeed good on constructing things…but still learning science. One day she might be devoted to science or engineering. But now she was a very bright kid, still learning her way through things. But she was also a good hearted, hyper-energetic girl, feeling a bit guilty over Keitaro's absence and willing to help.
And she noticed how sad Shinobu was over this entire problem.
Narusegawa once hearing this looses it. She yells at the little girl: “WHAT THE HELL DO WE WANT WITH THAT BAKA AGAIN? Better to be rid of him for good! If I never see him again, I will be that much more happy!”
She stomps out, going to the roof. She wanted fresh air. She wanted a solution for it all. She wanted things to be carefree as they were before.
Kaolla looks at her quizzically. She was hurt for being yelled at, and also did not understand why Narusegawa was yelling at her.I just want to help Keitaro and Shinobu as well…I never wished him to leave us…never!
Kaolla goes back to her room. She was confused and sad. She wanted to help. And she thought Narusegawa was one of the first ones to want Keitaro back. Narusegawa's reaction hurt her.

Motoko was up in the roof. She was practicing hard, and was not very well concentrated. She was distracted, but unsure why.
Since this mess began, I am so distracted! Why? Motoko Aoyama, on top of her pride, would never admit that she was worried for Keitaro. She would rather think she was worried because of him, but NEVER for him.
That inconsequent man should be here preparing to try again, and not go out traveling by himself! Inconsequent!
As Motoko was training, Narusegawa went up to the roof. She finds Motoko, and as Motoko sees Narusegawa's face, she gets worried about her friend. Something seemed very wrong with her.
Naru-Sempai should be ok now. After that message from Toudai, she should be really happy. Why does she seem upset? Motoko looks at her friend, and dropping the practice for now, approaches Narusegawa. A question on her face.
“Naru-Sempai, you seem upset. Is there anything wrong?” Motoko was not usually that forward, but she was actually upset herself, though she was good on keeping it hidden. And thus she was acting not on her usually collected self.
“Nothing wrong, Motoko. I'm just tired. That is all…” I bet she would judge me wrong on this…But Motoko seems to be the only one not affected by the Baka's absence, therefore someone I could be around without having to be reminded of him!
“If there is anything that you need, or help on your own duties, please tell me. I can try to help you. It is even a good exercise on my own part. I need to step up my own discipline on work and organization.” Actually such offer would almost be a bit offensive to Narusegawa, as it could imply that she, Narusegawa, was lacking organization. But neither of them were really aware of such details at this moment.
Narusegawa leans on the handrail, and stares at the horizon, eyes lost for a moment. “You know Motoko, there was a time that I was only worried about entering Toudai. But life sometimes gets complicated so fast…” Her last words diminishing in sound…as if she was retreating to herself.
Motoko, feeling a kindred feeling herself, thought: Yes, sometimes we think our lives are simple and well planed…but sometimes it does go out of our own control…ACK, why am I thinking such thoughts? Why am I so easily distracted nowadays? Motoko stands upright, eyes glinting in the sun setting light.
I came here to find a place where I could pursue the True Way of the Sword…but lately it has been increasingly difficult to follow my own resolution…Why? Maybe the presence of a male in this place is upsetting me…I am always at my guard, expecting another of his perverted acts…ARRGH, why is this perverted male in my thoughts now? Motoko holds the handrail with so much force that her knuckles go white.
Narusegawa feels Motoko changing her mood fast, but she really does not care much. Not right now.
I will not be affect by this now…I will talk with Hirata! Probably he already solved all this mess, and I am worrying for nothing. He would have called me by now if things had really gone wrong! Narusegawa was worrying sick about all this…what would the girls think about her acts. Probably they would not understand that I am just righting the wrong they did to me…it is more easy to blame, than to understand.
The irony of such thought was missed on her. She was only thinking about herself right now.
Both girls were immersed on their own internal grief, upset by different things, but upset they were indeed.
“Motoko, was life less complicated before Keitaro came here?” This question took Motoko by surprise, and made her thoughts plunge into that notion. She wanted to find a reason for her present state. Something to blame. And Narusegawa just gave her such something. That this was per si not a very honorable way of thinking escaped Motoko entirely. She wanted an escape goat. And she has just found one.
“Indeed Naru-Sempai. It was less distractful, and much more calmer then. Urashima brought a lot of problems to our daily lives.” She said such without really thinking much. That they were living in a more tidy, well-kept place never entered their minds. That Keitaro did almost anything they ask. That he was always ready to help. The girls gave little thought about all the times he was sent to pain and hurt by their own hands. That he never even tried to answer back never came to their minds.
He was a coward, a pervert and a ronin. These were the labels they put on him. This is what they were thinking at this very moment. Though Motoko was being actually compelled by this in her quest to an easy answer to her own inner doubts.
“Ah, well. I think we both are the sanest persons here. Now suddenly every one of the other girls are feeling compelled to defend the Baka somehow. I find this quite annoying!” Says suddenly Narusegawa, still looking away.
“I would not cross Haruka though…she can be quite persuasive on her opinions.” Says Motoko, remembering the night where she saw how unwise it would be to cross Haruka. And Keitaro was a sensitive matter with her now.
“I will remember that, of such I am very well aware!” Says Narusegawa, touching her check, where Haruka slapped her.
“You know Motoko-Chan, I should have listened to you better when he first came here. I should have pressed to his leave.”
“But why this now, Naru-Sempai? Is something happening regarding Urashima? I have not heard anything new about him since he went away, leaving us.” Asks Motoko quizzically.
“Oh, no no. Actually I was just remembering the latest episodes regarding him here. Nothing more than worries and problems. Now Kitsune decided all of a sudden to defend him! And Shinobu and Kaolla are also disturbed. This is not a situation I like.” Says Narusegawa, really hiding the true thoughts about why talking over Keitaro now. Her anger at him, being it deserved or not.
“Sorry to disturb you Motoko. I was just here for fresh air…and maybe someone to talk, as it seems that on some matters my opinion is not very well received lately.” Narusegawa says her goodbyes, and moves to the stairs, going down, leaving Motoko with her thoughts, alone once more. She was pondering Narusegawa's last words.
Indeed, since he came to this place, even if I do agree that housekeeping is better, the disturbances on our daily lives are quite notable. Even I have been affected, by my own lacking of development on my trainings. And Motoko angers at her thoughts now. And even the little ones are being affected. Not considering the display with Haruka two nights ago, and Kitsune's attitude toward her closest friend, Naru-sempai! How more disturbing could he be!
Narusegawa's comments set Motoko on a path, which was leading her to get very angry with Keitaro. And the said young man was not even present to defend himself. Not that his sayings would do much now.

From her room Kitsune notices Haruka arriving at a distance, and goes down to meet the woman.
On her way, Kitsune notices that Shinobu, who was just sitting at the stairs in front of the Inn, was running to Haruka
Kitsune was observing at a distance, a bit hidden actually albeit not intentionally at first, whileShinobu reaches Haruka. Both greet each other, and Shinobu seems excited while talking to Haruka.
Kitsune notices something happening there, and remains hidden for the time being, observing them talking, though not being able to listen the actual conversation.
Haruka listens to Shinobu, and slowly lowers herself to the young girl's height, looking her in the eyes. Haruka had a grave pose stamped on her face while talking.
Kitsune seems to notice apprehension here.Damn, wish I could hear what they are talking about!
At distance, the play carries on, as Haruka seems to be explaining something to Shinobu, who listens attentively. After Haruka ends, Shinobu seems like deflating, lowering her head to her both hands, seeming starting to cry. She was not frantically crying, like her usual when distressed. She seemed just extremely sad. Her shoulders trembling oh so softly.
Kitsune startles at this: Uh oh…what is happening there?
Haruka stands up, and embraces Shinobu, who is clearly crying hard now. Haruka lets her go for a while, head low as well. Then she lowers again to Shinobu's eye-level, and calls her attention, saying something. Shinobu listens again, and embraces Haruka, crying more at the same time.
Haruka seems sad while standing again, but pats Shinobu-Chan's head, as for reassuring the little one. Shinobu is with her head low, sobbing a bit.
Shinobu listens to her and, after Haruka says something more, pats Shinobu on the head again, mopping away her tears. Shinobu looks at Haruka, and after nodding, goes back to the staircase, to Hinata Sou. She seems sad and tired.
Haruka looks at the retreating Shinobu, gives a notable sigh, looking up, and then turns back, heading to her Tea House. She also seemed sad, but in the middle of the way she stops, straighten herself and goes forth.
Heck! Whatever happened there, I am sure it has something to do with Keitaro, by Shinobu's reaction. Awww…and I need to talk with Haruka. Hope she will talk to me after whatever happened out there. And I would like to make sure she knows where I stand regarding her nephew! Thinks Kitsune, after watching the scene between Shinobu and Haruka.
Kitsune moves out of her observing place, and moves to the Tea House direction.

Shinobu goes up the stairs, still crying…but by the time she reaches the doors, she wiped them out, and enters the house…
She feels dispirited and tired. She was expecting something good, some news that would ultimately help her sempai, as it always seemed to happen. But instead, she was now worried that Keitaro would not contact them in time…and that was not even any assurance, as they need to go over his test.
Why, Sempai? If you where here now, we could go to Toudai and at least try! I am confident that a mistake would be found on your test as well! At least we would try! But as you are away, neither this we can try… She tries to steady herself. Haruka told her that what could be done was already done. They needed now for Keitaro to be back or at least contact them. And if that happened, Haruka would tell her at once.
Shinobu leaves a note at the kitchen. For once she would not be at dinner with everybody. She had done it, and now the others could take care of the rest. She was not up to do anything now. Oh, sorry Kaolla…but there are a lot of bananas here…and you are the only one who likes them. As for the girls…they know how to fix things up. Dinner is ready anyway.
While going to her room, Shinobu passes by Narusegawa, who happens to be coming from her talk with Motoko. As soon as Shinobu sees Narusegawa, her eyes went teary again, remembering when Narusegawa told them so happily about her own luck with the Admission Test, and what Haruka told her.Keitaro Sempai should be happy now as well. Why haven't you told him at least about a possible revision? Why!
She also remembered how she reacted when Keitaro was mentioned.
Shinobu runs to her room, crying again.
What the heck is happening now? Thinks Narusegawa, startled by Shinobu's reaction. She nods her head, and goes to the first floor, and kitchen.

Haruka closes the door behind her, sad about Shinobu. Ah, little one. You are always worried, and concerned over Keitaro. I hope we can help him after all. But it is not on our hands now. I just hope you remember to give us a call, silly boy! Now you got two girls here really concerned over this Toudai situation!
Haruka goes talking with her staff, as the night was just beginning. She had been out the whole day, and she had yet some hours left before calling that day off.
As she was beginning to talk with Chidori about the day, she hears a known voice calling her.
“Yoh, Haruka! I need to talk to you…err, if you have the time.” Says Kitsune, a hint of concern on her normally playful voice, while entering the shop.
Oh, great! Now what? I just need some time to sort myself here. Hope she will not complain over the duties over there! After today, I am in no mood to listen to any complaints from the girls. “Ok Kitsune. Actually I do have some time. I just hope you are not wishing to shy away from your work at the dorm.” Haruka was blunt, but her mood was not really up to niceties right now.
“No…never! After all, we are kinda responsible for what is happening now.” Kitsune's voice was a bit subdued on this small statement, and Haruka noticed it, mellowing her mood a bit. Do I feel a bit of conscience on the Fox? Interesting…
“But what brings you here then?” Haruka asks, motioning both of them to a table. The Tea House was not full at this time anyway, and Haruka's staff was taking good care of the place.
“Huh, before that, would you tell me, do you have any news over Keitaro?” Kitsune's question was direct and honestly concerned.
Haruka feels the weight of the day again on her shoulders, and sighs. “No, no news over him. It is just that I tried to see if Toudai personnel responsible for the tests corrections would review Keitaro's test. As it happened that Narusegawa's one was mistaken, there is a definite possibility that his one was also mistaken on its correction as well.” Haruka sighs again, but this time her eyes were a bit angry. “As it is now, no revision will be taken before a week. This is the time Keitaro has to file a Revision Request for his test. If he does not file that himself within a week, the chance is forfeit. I tried to do it myself, but to no avail! He must do it himself. So told me Hirata-Sensei, the one responsible for the Correction Team.”
Haruka looks at the table, eyes sparkling. “This is a big mess indeed. He was hurt, and left to sort himself out. And Narusegawa comes with that error thing…I do believe there would be a chance that Kei's one was in error as well, but up to this moment only THAT test was found in error.”
Haruka looks at Kitsune. “I wonder, has Narusegawa asked about Keitaro's test at the moment she was contacted, would they review it? Would they try to see if that one was mistaken too? And why she has not said anything to Keitaro himself?” Kitsune feels herself cringe, thinking what she would have done in such a circumstance.
Haruka goes on. “But that is fine! The girl does not really care anyway, that much I gather now. I just hope Keitaro contacts me before this week ends. I did what I could today.” She finishes, sighing.
After listening Haruka, something strikes Kitsune, something that sent chills over her spine. Hirata-Sensei….but that name…Oh…what am I entering into now? Responsible for the Correction Team… Kitsune goes cold. She saw what Haruka was capable of if angered. Why the name of this guy is the same one as Narusegawa's boyfriend? This has a weird feeling to it…
Kitsune suddenly feels very uncomfortable at all this, and afraid to turn things into a deeper mess by saying the wrong thing. She was smart enough to connect things…and this was becoming weird to Kitsune. Narusegawa's reaction this morning was strange, and now this…I fear this may turn into an ugly mess!
Kitsune, used to pranks and fun, finds herself in troubled waters. She was confused. And unsure of herself. She does not want to provoke the wrong ideas, or more confusion.
As she wants to actually help her friends, all of them, she tries to sort out her thoughts, and to talk with Haruka. She would not say her doubts right now, but she wanted to make sure Haruka understands that on matters concerning Keitaro, she wanted to help and to make sure her stance was clear over that. She may be confused about Narusegawa and this latest news, but she was sure to wish to correct past wrongs on her own part concerning Keitaro. She may be loosing a friend (and that was on her mind since that morning) but she was not going to loose two, if that could be helped.
“Ah, Haruka! I feel sorry for this. Such mess, and I want one thing to be clear. Concerning Keitaro, I know I had my share on some of the things that may have come to weight on his departing now.” And Kitsune looks Haruka in the eyes. She was speaking the truth, and her heart now. “But for what good it may be, I tell you I am really thinking about all this, and willing to make amends to my friend. I do have Keitaro as my friend, and even if my jokes and pranks did bring grief for him, I will make sure to change my way, at least to avoid friends to be stuck into confusion and misunderstandings.”
Kitsune let her pent up stress on what was happening now flow, telling Haruka at least what she felt over Keitaro's departure, and the circumstances that led him into this. “I want you to be also sure that I have Keitaro as a dear person to me, and whatever you need, if I can help him, just tell me, ok? I just wanted this sorted out, and solved. Our days here seemed like a neverending roller coaster, joyful and happy...but as it seems now, some of the fun may have been over the well being of someone we care, whether the other girls admit it or not!”
Kitsune felt that way indeed, and as she was telling this to Haruka and the concerns over the rest of what she heard washed over her, her expression became concerned, and pained. Haruka noticed it, and not knowing Kitsune's worries about Narusegawa, interprets it as concern over Keitaro.
“Kitsune, I really thank you over this. Indeed at least you, me and Shinobu are concerned over him. Kei is strong, as the time with you all must have proved already. He will get over this. Of course things will change, but some of these changes will be for better.” Haruka extends her right hand, holding Kitsune's left hand, over the table. “And he will be happy to know at least some of you are really worried over him, of that I am sure.”
She smiles at Kitsune.
“If, and when, he chooses to return, I will make sure he knows about some of you girls. And also what I think about attitudes around here. I do not know if he will talk to me before the time-limit goes off, but aside that, he will eventually contact me. And I will assure him he does have a place to come back!”
Haruka then looks Kitsune in the eyes. “But enough! Now tell me, you said you wish to talk to me. Then how can I help you?”
Kitsune knows that now she could not talk about Narusegawa. Haruka would connect things fast. Recipe for chaos. “Oh, that was it! I wanted to know if you had any news on Keitaro. And also make sure my position over this all. I want to see Keitaro back.” Answers Kitsune. I cant ask any advice over this, not before trying to sort this out with Naru herself.
Kitsune stands up, and thanks Haruka. “Thank you for your time. And lets hope K man calls soon!”
Haruka seemed surprised with this, but also happy. Maybe some sense was being brought up at Hinata Sou. Heh, Keitaro. You may not be able to go into Toudai right now…but I know people around here will change towards you. That is fine with me. More than fine!
Kitsune motions to the exit, biding farewell to Haruka.
“Ah, Kitsune, please tell the girls I will not be coming over tonight. Will check things tomorrow.” And she narrows her eyes. “But that no one thinks about slacking off…I will know if that happens!” And Haruka gives out a cold smile, one that could freeze volcanoes.
“Worry not. I will pass the message. See ya!” And moves to the door, sweating a bit.
After leaving the Tea Shop, Kitsune feels heavy, and worried.
Phew...that was close. How can I ask anything about how to deal with Naru? Especially over matters concerning Keitaro now? I will have to work my way on this by myself.
Kitsune goes back to Hinata Sou…thinking on how to even start talking about all this with her friend. Especially as she seems to be acting so differently form the Narusegawa she knew…or thought to know.
Aww…I will not do anything today…too many things on my mind. I will sleep over this, and see what to do. A good night sleep may clear my mind a bit. Kitsune looks up, to the starry night over her now. The sun was gone, and a beautiful night sky was presenting itself. Oh, I just hope Keitaro is able to contact Haruka before that time limit goes kaput. Thinks Kitsune, while resuming her way back to Hinata Sou. If not, this may worsen easily…
Kitsune, still thoughtful after her meeting with Haruka enters Hinata Sou, and on her way to her room, she meets Narusegawa, who was going to the kitchen looking for a snack. Shinobu was not there, so it seems tonight's dinner would be someone else's job.
Kitsune has an idea, and looks at Narusegawa. “Hey Naru-Chan, are you going out with Hirata-kun tonight?” She asks, just to see if she got the name really right.
Narusegawa looks at Kitsune, a small smile over her features. “Ah, what an improvement since this morning! You do remember his name now.”
Is this really an improvement? Thinks Kitsune, her heart sinking a bit. But it still may end up being a coincidence…how many Hiratas do live in Tokyo anyway?
Kitsune was too confused yet, but she wanted to clear things out, to help her friends.
“Naru, about this morning…” Narusegawa, who raised her both hands as to halt Kitsune, stopped her shortly. She looks into the Fox's eyes.
“Kitsune, if you will carry on talking anything related to the Baka, you better think twice!” She warns, seriously.
Always ready to offend him…why haven't I noticed it before? Thinks Kitsune.
The Fox angers at this. She was with a lot of things on her mind already, and Narusegawa's constant belligerence was finally getting on her nerves.
“Fine! Forget it Naru! Do as you please… isn't that your motto lately anyway?” Kitsune sighs, her anger already subsiding. She was not used to anger, and it was now being substituted by worry about her friends. Both Narusegawa and Keitaro.
I better be gone now…I'm not ready for any talking now. She motions to her room.
“And about your question…” Goes Narusegawa, at her back. “No, I'm not going to meet Hirata tonight. He is stuck with his work at Toudai. After the exams he gets way too busy.” She completes to the receding Kitsune.
The Fox flinches inwardly at this, but does not display any reaction. “Ok then.” She says, looking back for an instant. Oh, now I think I will have a headache… Thinks Kitsune, wishing only her futon right now.
“Naru, please tell Shinobu that I will not eat anything. I am really tired, and will rest now. If I'm hungry later I can grab something to eat.” Kitsune now goes to her room, leaving Narusegawa to muse about what was happening lately in Hinata Sou.
Weird…but Kitsune is acting strange towards me anyway. After that talk today, at least. Narusegawa shrugs, and goes to the kitchen to fetch something to eat.
She did not need to advise Shinobu about Kitsune. As it seems, Shinobu herself was not feeling quite well, and asked for someone else to take care of dinner, as she would rest in her room for a bit. She left a little note on the kitchen table about it.
Weird… Thinks Narusegawa, and after eating her snack she goes to her room.Not much left to do tonight. Might go over some of my books…soon my classes will start at Toudai.

Motoko overheard some of the conversation between Narusegawa and Kitsune. It was not very honorable on her part, but she could not avoid it as she was going to the kitchen herself.
But after listening to it, and the way Kitsune spoke to Narusegawa, she receded to her room, and tried to meditate a bit over the mood she was finding in Hinata Sou now.
All this, everyone seemed worried or somewhat sad…and this situation arising between two good friends, Naru-sempai and Kitsune…Why? Motoko, as smart and good warrior as she was training to be, was not really observant of emotions, even her own ones. And that makes her prey for fast and easy judgments.
Urashima…Naru-Sempai is correct. After his coming a lot changed at the dorm…His antics always proving how despicable and perverted he is…but I was always being relapse on outing him. Why? Even I was affected by him! This must stop! Good riddance, but then again, we are falling apart here.
But deep inside her own heart, Motoko was confused and unsure. But she was too stubborn to acknowledge the small pain deep inside her. And therefore her confusion persisted…and fuelled her anger towards their favorite scapegoat: Urashima Keitaro.

Haruka sits back, observing the customers around her, but not really seeing them. Her mind was elsewhere. That was totally unexpected! Kitsune with thoughts of conscience. I must add it is a nice surprise indeed! The girl is becoming a woman! Haruka fumbles with the cigar she was holding, not ready to light it yet.
But then again, was it necessary for things to come to the present condition for any good things to happen? But Haruka decided to change her own mood. If she wanted to help anyone, she had to keep cool over things around her now.
/II did what I could…now it is not up to me. /I Haruka goes over some notes her helpers left to her, and one caught her attention. A note stating that Keitaro had phoned the Tea Shop today!
“Chidori! Please who received this phone call?” She asks her senior helper, weaving the little paper note.
“Ah, I did! He asked for you, but as you were not here, he just said he would call later.” Chidori answers promptly.
Awww, GREAT! I need to talk to him and he tried to contact me at my own Tea Shop! Talk about ironies now.
“Anything wrong, Haruka-san?” Asks Chidori after seeing Haruka's face.
“No, everything is fine. I will finish this and come back to help you all.” Says Haruka, a serious face on her features.
Now I only hope he calls back, and soon!
Haruka goes over her duties, but concern still high on her mind over everything happening around her.

The night follows its course on the Hinata grounds.
Things were happening fast at Hinata Sou…And some of these things were not very happy ones.
End Chapter 7

This is it for now.
Chapter 8 halfway done. I really hope to not delay that much again.
Once more sorry.
See you all soon Minna San! And hope you are ejoying up to now!
VoidHawk out