Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Mechanical Wings ❯ Confided in ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Confided In
 
It's taking a while to get used to: seeing Eagle with the young Shidou girl. It's hard. That's why I don't go to Cephiro quite as much now. I don't transport the scientists there anymore; someone else has been fielding that position. Lately I've been between positions in the military.

Zazu's been pestering me to go back into transport so I can see Eagle. But that's the last thing I wanna do. I'll only go back when Cephiro requires the council of Autozam. I tell him that I'm content with the work I'm doing now and that I'll go and see him on my own time when I get the chance. That won't be for a while though.

Currently, I'm dressed in my formal military clothing on the president's personal ship. We're heading over to a conference that will soon be held on Chizeta.

Being that I'm president Vision's representative, I pretty much have to accompany him. I've had more interactions with the people of our neighboring countries than probably anyone else in Autozam. I wouldn't be here otherwise. The president-Eagle's father, for one reason or another, despises me and I must say that the feeling is mutual. But he needs me and I personally believe that I need to do everything I can in the interest of Autozam and so I'm here.

I've pretty much stayed behind a control panel the whole journey. I've done nothing but read and upload data, and organize reports. Stuff I would usually find boring as hell but I've been glad to have work to do. It's helped keep my mind off my personal problems and I've been able to stay out of Mr. Vision's way. I'm sure we're both equally grateful for that.
***

"President Vision?"

I heard one of his body guards say.

I looked over my panel and down below where he was seated.

"Yes?" I heard him say.

"We'll be docking soon, sir."

"Good. Ready my things and make sure the transport vehicle is ready to take off the moment we're cleared for departure."

"Yes, sir," with that, the man walked off to make the necessary arrangements.

I saved what I'd been working on and ejected the disc, then unhooked the wire from the panel and re-hooked it onto my belt.



We're traveling in the transport vehicle, heading over to the conference building. I looked to my left and see nothing but a bunch of poker faced body guards. I looked across from me and from the corner of my eye, I see that president Vision is fashioning a similar look. This was very uncomfortable.

I decided to simply look out the window and take in the Chizetan, higher-classed, cityscape.

It took about ten minutes for us to arrive outside our destination and Tarta and Tatra were standing there to greet us.

The coiffeur got out of the vehicle and walked around over to the president's door and opened it.

One of his guards stepped out, then he stepped out, then the other guard and finally, I stepped out.

The coiffeur went back into the vehicle and the first went in front and slightly to the left of the president as the other walked beside him on his right. I brought up the rear. I was also considered one of his body guards.

"Greetings once again Mr. President. I am Tatra, first princess of Chizeta." They'd only met once or twice and she knew he hadn't bothered to remember her name, so she reintroduced herself to him.

"Pleasure," was all he said as they shook hands-as was Autozam custom.

She looked over at me, smiled and nodded. I returned the gesture.

"I'm Tarta." Was all that the younger sister said. Her attitude screamed out for everyone around her to acknowledge that she was not below the President and that she should be perceived as his equal. It felt more like she was the crowned princess and not her older sister. I smirked: that's Tarta for you.

The president smirked, and mine instantly feel away.

"It's nice to meet such a bold young lady."

"We've met before."

"Then forgive me for forgetting." He held out his hand and she looked at him. Obviously she hadn't expected her rudeness to go unmentioned. Neither did I. She shook his hand and we headed inside.

Once inside the lobby, a few maids came to collect the president's luggage and when they'd gathered it all, we were escorted to what would be his room for the duration of our stay. A room had been prepared for myself, the two guards present and also for the four other guards who would soon be arriving as well.

For the time being, I was free. The two other guards would guard his room. There were advantages to being disliked.

I headed over to my room and plopped onto the bed. I rolled over onto my back and undid the cufflinks and loosened the clothing tightly done up around my neck.

There was a knock at my door. "Geo?"

It was Tatra. I could tell by the voice. I sat up. "Just a moment."

I opened the door and she gave me a hug. "It's been a while Geo."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I guess it has been." I smiled.

"It's good to see you."

"It's good to see you too. I haven't been around a friendly face in a long time."

"Oh?"

"It's a long story." I said.

"Why don't you tell me over a hot cup of tea in the lounge room?"

"Sounds good."

We took a walk over to the lounge and then over to where a kettle and two tea cups had been set. There was a butler there waiting for us. He wore only a thin pair of pants, a pair of shoes and a wrapped article of clothing around his head which I had learned was called a turban. That was standard clothing for Chizetan men; what with their exceptionally warm climate and all. It reminded me just how hot I felt wearing my uniform.

"You can go now." Tatra said after we sat down.

He nodded and I watched him as he left.

"I take it you liked that bit of eye candy?"

I grinned. "So you had him set this up for me and not for you?" I asked. She knew I was gay. I'd told her a while ago. It had taken me a while and I don't quite remember why I had told her. But I'm glad I did. She accepted it easily and looked at me no differently then when she thought I was straight. Granted, she had, had her suspicions before hand but still. I felt more comfortable talking to her about it than I did with Lantis.

She giggled. "What are friends for? Besides, well built men like him are around me all the time."

"This is true. Lucky girl."

We both laughed a bit at that.

I poured her cup first then mine. I made hers just as she liked it and passed her the cup.

She took a sip, "Hmm. Perfect, as always, Geo."

After I stirred my tea, I took a sip as well. Again I sipped. There was something about Chizetan tea that was just so wonderful. Far better than the tea of Autozam. Ours was bland and sometimes quite bitter. Chizeta's was naturally sweet with hints of a most unique tasting spice.

"But seriously," she began. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, set my cup of tea down and went on to tell her what had transpired in Cephiro.

"Have you gone back since they um, got together?"

I took another sip of tea. "A few times. But every time I see them-see her with him-it just feels worse and worse."

"Geo."

"It feels like there's a knife and it's slowly twisting its way through my chest."

"I. . . I can't imagine how you must feel."

"At least before, I could pretend that there might have been a chance for us. Before there was a possibility for at least something to be there between us. But now."

"You can't let this get to you. Or it will eat away at you." She consoled.

That triggered something in me. I shot up and slammed the sides of my fists down on the table. "It's already eating away at me!" I saw her jerk in her seat but it didn't really register. "I think about it non-stop! I can't- " I lowered my head. "It haunts me. When I'm at work, when I sleep." I lowered my voice as well and began breathing in deeply, slowly.

When I'd calmed a bit a lifted my head up. "I'm. . . sorry. I shouldn't allow myself to get like that. I just."

"Geo, it's okay." Tatra said gently. She stood and walked over to where I was. She touched my fist, "You must really love your commander."

I slowly nodded. I was starting to tremble and then she held me. I accepted the embrace and fought back the urge to cry.

For a while there was silence.

"I. . . Suppose it would be too cruel of me to say, get over it, or you'll find someone else eventually."

"There will never be anyone else," I said as I stepped out of her embrace. I walked past her; my cup had spilled over and I began clearing up.

"Geo-"

"Believe me, princess. If I could make my feelings go away I would but I can't" I told her. "No matter what I do, I can't."
 
TBC