Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Miscalculation ❯ Chapter 28

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Phew!” exhaled Asuna, breaking the surface of the water in the deep blue lake. It was night time now, and the girls were taking the usual evening swim in the cool, clear water of the lake that sat at the foot of the impossibly-tall waterfall in the hub of the Resort. Around her, she saw the other Wing girls, as well as Akira, who was delighted to swim in the huge lake. She sure is an incredible swimmer, Asuna thought, watching her naked long-haired classmate swim.
 
Asuna was a pretty good swimmer, too, but not in Akira's class. Konoka often joked about Asuna moving `porpoise-fully' when swimming, but compared to Akira's grace and speed, she might as well be dog-paddling. Dunking her head under the surface for a moment, she re-surfaced and rolled over into a relaxed back-stoke toward the shore a few hundred meters away. Off to her left, Akira was exploring the area around the waterfall's base, staying submerged for minutes at a time as she swam in the heavy currents.
 
“How are you feeling, Asuna?” came Konoka's voice as Asuna reached the group that was staying close to shore. “Do I need to heal you again?” wondered the brunette, absently running her hand along Asuna's bare sides and back.
 
“No, I'm fine after you worked on me before,” Asuna assured her roommate and teammate.
 
“You really scared me, you know,” Konoka said, her tone disapproving. “You could have been killed,” she accused.
 
“I doubt it,” shrugged Asuna. “Besides,” she added softly, her eyes falling on Negi, who was frolicking with Kaede, Ku and Kotaro a short distance away, “I need to know if I am making any progress in my training,” she murmured.
 
“But asking Negi to go all-out against you is reckless,” protested Konoka. “You know full well that Negi uses spells when he fights! Why would you ask him to go at you full-out? He has gone toe-to-toe with Eva, you know,” she argued. Asuna turned in the water, her hands landing on Konoka's soft shoulders.
 
“I also know that he tried to go easy on me and most of the others when we spar,” whispered Asuna, leaning in to whisper in Konoka's ear, “Kaede, Ku, Eva, Chachamaru and Kotaro are the only ones he goes all out again; well, maybe he goes all out against Set-chan as well, but that's all! How can I judge my progress if he is holding back?” she asked.
 
“Yes, but…” Konoka began, only to have Asuna shake her head, a finger against Konoka's lips.
 
“I'm his primary partner, Konoka,” she reminded her roommate, her forehead touching Konoka's as the two treaded water just off the beach. “And I…” she paused, considering her words, “we,” she corrected herself, “are supposed to be his Ministra. We have to protect him as best as we can. Besides,” frowned Asuna, “Fate and his crew won't go easy on us. Nor will any demons like that Count character we ran into that time. Chao nearly broke us, you know? And she was only working with three others and not trying to harm us directly. We need to be serious about Negi and our Pactio bond,” Asuna finished.
 
“Asuna,” breathed Konoka, looking into Asuna's eyes. A small smile was on her lips. One of the things that is most charming about Asuna is her sense of commitment, the healer thought.
 
“What's this about Negi and pacts?” came the loud voice of Yuna. Asuna and Konoka's quiet conversation was shattered by the arrival of the basketballer. The two turned to look a the girl now treading water near them.
 
“Private talk, Yuna,” said Asuna, offering a bland smile.
 
“It's something to do with magic, right?” Yuna pushed forward, brushing aside the fairly delicate dismissal. “And this resort thing is pretty interesting, too,” added Yuna, looking around.
 
“What do you mean, magic?” Asuna flipped a hand. Yuna silently pointed to the side, where Kaede, Ku and Kotaro were standing on the surface of the lake as if it were solid ground, Negi trying hard to learn the trick. “That's just…a ninja trick,” Asuna offered weakly. Makie, Ayaka and a few others were cheering Negi on as he tried hard to learn the technique Kaede had taught Ku and Kotaro.
 
“So, you can do it?” challenged Yuna. Asuna frowned.
 
“Sometimes,” she shrugged, watching Negi slowly climb out of the water, trying to stand on the surface like the three most talented Ki-users in the Wings. Hearing a soft giggle and a small splash, Asuna knew that Setsuna had just swooped in and settled into the water next to Konoka. “Set-chan, keep Konoka-chan company for a minute, will you?” she asked softly, not bothering to look.
 
“Of course, Asuna,” Setsuna replied. Splashing and some weak protests told Asuna that Konoka had glommed onto Set-chan. Kicking forward, Asuna breast-stroked over to where Negi was wobbling on his feet, the surface of the lake slightly above his ankles. Stopping next to him, Asuna took a calming breath, focusing for a moment before releasing her Kanka. She had been experimenting with her Kanka abilities and thought she could mimic Kaede's trick, though it wouldn't be by the same means as the tall Koga ninja.
 
“Wow, Asuna!” cheered Kazumi, clapping from where she stood waist-deep in the lake, Chisame not far from her. “You learned a new trick!” she whistled.
 
“Interesting,” Kaede smiled, her eyes seemingly closed, but in reality studying Asuna intently as the girl stepped onto the surface of the lake, standing beside the first three. Water dripping from her naked body, she reached out to Negi.
 
“Negi, take my hand for a second,” she said, maintaining her concentration. Negi did so without hesitation, and a moment later, he was standing on the lake surface as well. Asuna smiled a little. “It worked,” she breathed to herself.
 
“What worked?” asked Ayaka, staring at the five. “How did you do that, Asuna?!” she demanded.
 
“Hard work,” came a mocking, condescending voice. Looking up and over, they spotted Eva lounging in thin air, sipping wine. “You were told, weren't you? This isn't a normal club, and joining it means a major commitment,” reminded the vampiress mage.
 
The four sports club girls watched and listened, unsure what was going on, but keenly interested nonetheless. Ayaka gulped, but she maintained her poise. “I know,” she agreed, “and I am prepared for that commitment!” Eva just hummed in a noncommittal way.
 
“Only time will tell us if you are serious or not, Ayaka,” the chibi blonde dismissed the issue. “A word with you, my apprentice,” Eva said, tossing her head toward the plaza high above the lake.
 
“Yes, mistress,” Negi said, raising his hand, his staff flying to him. Together, he and Eva flew up toward the main deck of the Resort. Asuna watched the two leave.
 
“Uh, Asuna?” came Kotaro's voice.
 
“Huh?” Asuna began, only to suddenly fall into the lake. Sputtering, she came back up, spitting out some water.
 
“I was going to tell you to concentrate,” shrugged Kotaro, grinning down at her. Asuna scowled at him.
 
“Mongrel,” she muttered, grabbing his ankle and jerking him under the surface. He yelped, feeling Asuna wrap him up and pull him under. Struggling to break free, he finally escaped, jumping out of the water to land on the surface again, crouched this time, a toothy grin on his face as he searched for some sign where Asuna might be.
 
“You should get off the water, Kotaro-kun,” came Kaede's voice. Before he could ask what she meant, he felt a hand seize his tail at the base, another seizing his hard dick.
 
“Damn it,” he growled as Asuna once more jerked him under the water. Water was not his environment, and whenever he worked with it, he was at a disadvantage. Asuna didn't seem bothered by working in water. Seconds that felt like hours later, he and Asuna broke the surface, Asuna having gained control of the young wolf-boy. Her discovery of his weak point was used without mercy by the girl. A hand on his tail, his arms wrapped up between his back and her chest, her other arm wrapped around him to grab his dick, and Asuna had control of him. “I give,” he muttered.
 
“That's better,” Asuna said, relaxing a little, but not letting go of his tail; or his dick. Kotaro flicked his ears, water droplets flying from them.
 
“You wanna let go, Asuna?” Kotaro asked her. Asuna hummed.
 
“So, your tail is like Set-chan's wings after all,” she said, mostly to herself.
 
“What?” Kotaro wondered.
 
“They are both sensitive,” she explained.
 
“No, it's not,” he insisted. Asuna squeezed his dick.
 
“They why is this hard?” she asked him. “First that time in the grass land dome, now here,” she argued.
 
“It's because you and the others are naked,” Kotaro said, glancing around. The two were out of immediate earshot of the others, the current from the waterfall moving them down the lake from the beach. Asuna considered that.
 
“Is that all?” she wondered.
 
“Well, yeah,” Kotaro said, feeling her warm body against his. “And I can smell your arousal, too,” he added. Asuna blinked, blushing slightly.
 
“You can…smell us?” she asked, not sure if she was insulted, embarrassed or flattered.
 
“All you girls reek of arousal,” he sniffed. “Especially when Negi's around,” he added.
 
“Even Natsumi-chan?” grinned Asuna, releasing his tail and turning him to face her. Kotaro frowned.
 
“What about her?” he asked, looking away. Asuna just grinned.
 
Back at the beach, the others were climbing out of the water, preparing for the trip back up to the castle to eat supper. They would enjoy a soak in the large Roman-style tub before bed, but the lake was a favorite spot to relax before supper after a long day of sparring and sharpening their abilities. The sports club girls watched the Wings girls gather their clothes - those whose clothes had survived their exercise - though none of them put them on. “You guys don't make a lot of laundry, do you?” Yuna noted, not seeing a single towel among the group.
 
“What's the point?” shrugged Konoka. “It's no different than bathing in the dorm, you know,” she added.
 
“Well, mostly,” snickered Haruna, nudging Yue and Nodoka, both of whom blushed a little.
 
“What do you mean by that?” asked Ayaka. The members of the White Wings exchanged glances.
 
“You'll see,” Konoka giggled, her hand holding Setsuna's hand.
 
-
 
“Mistress?” asked Negi, following Eva into her private bedroom in the Hub. It was located in the highest dome of the massive, castle-like edifice that served as their `club room'. In the center of the open-walled circular room, Eva's pillow-bed dominated the eye of the beholder. “What did you want to talk with me about?” he asked. Eva didn't answer, moving over to her bed and sinking down into the pile of pillows.
 
Looking at Eva, Negi blinked. That's too much blonde hair to be all hers, he thought. A moment later, he realized that he was looking at a familiar form. “Oh, so you noticed,” grinned Eva, languidly trailing her fingers along the naked belly of the girl sprawled out in her bed. “Among other things, we might discuss this,” she noted.
 
“Ayaka! What…?” Negi wondered. Ayaka Yukihiro was unconscious, completely naked, lying on her back with her arms spread wide. Her butter-yellow blonde mane spread out around her head like one of the ancient illuminations he had seen in some of the old books in his village. Rushing over, he checked on her.
 
“She's fine,” Eva snorted delicately, tossing her own thin, small dress off before tossing her head to spread out her own blonde locks and leaning back, using Ayaka's not-insignificant breasts as a pillow. One arm draped around Negi's neck, dragging him over so he was lying on Ayaka, his face so close to Eva's that his nose touched her nose. Green eyes gazed into his brown eyes as she studied him.
 
“M…mistress, what is…?” Negi paused to gulp as Eva licked her lips, her tongue brushing his lips.
 
“Ayaka was paying her share of the upkeep of the Resort,” Eva murmured softly, holding Negi steady with one hand as her other quickly, efficiently stripped him as well. “She's pretty tasty, considering,” noted Eva analytically. “Certainly no Asuna or Konoka, but tasty, nonetheless.”
 
“But, Mistress,” protested Negi. Eva pressed her lips to his, silencing him. After a moment, she eased back just enough to talk.
 
“But what, my apprentice?” Eva asked firmly. “She wants to join the Wings, and as it happens, it is probably a good thing to allow her to do so,” she said. Negi stared at her.
 
“It…is?” wondered the young man, Eva shifting him and herself so they were curled up together, using Ayaka's unconscious form as a warm pillow. Eva was tucked up close to Negi, her soft, smooth skin warm against him firm, toned chest. Negi's arm was wrapped around her shoulders, his other hand resting on her hip.
 
“Have you given any thought to what you will do with the Wings?” Eva asked, resting her head against his throat. The last time I did this and felt like this… Eva crushed the thought, grimacing briefly.
 
“Do with them?” echoed Negi, frowning. “Well…” he trailed off.
 
“Look, Negi,” she cut in quietly, “you told me you wanted to learn what happened to your father, right?” she asked. Negi nodded. “It happens that I, too, want to know what became of him, but that is a different discussion. If you want to follow his trail, it will means you will be going to the Magic World. It could also mean fighting enemies your father fought.” Eva paused, letting that sink in. “These girls - our Ala Alba - are powerful, and getting more so day by day. They will serve as strong and capable Ministra to you. But is that all you want from them?” she asked.
 
“I…um…” Negi fumbled.
 
“And then, there is the issue of Fate. What do you plan to do if you run into him again? He shattered the wards on Konoka's home as if they weren't there, and nearly killed your girls, as well as yourself. Had Konoka not manifested her latent abilities, you would be a statue even now, turned to stone by a high-level spell he threw around like you throw around wind spells. What do you plan to do about him?” she asked.
 
“When I run into him again, I will pay him back!” Negi promised. Eva could feel the anger and hate flowing from her apprentice, causing her to smile. He may be compassionate and kind, but push him, and he is like me, gloated the vampiress. Not for the first time, she congratulated herself on her choice of accepting him as her apprentice.
 
“I'm glad to hear that,” Eva purred, stroking his chest with a soft hand, “but you should know that as you are right now, you don't stand any more of a chance fighting him alone than you did in Kyoto,” warned the undead master mage. “With the girls, though…” she left the rest unsaid.
 
“Yeah,” Negi breathed, “but if they fight him, they could get hurt,” he mumbled. Eva hummed.
 
“That is a real possibility,” agreed the small blood-drinker.
 
“I don't want them to get hurt,” Negi said firmly.
 
“Then why did you make Pactio contracts with them?” Eva came back at him. “You can't protect them and have them be your Ministra at the same time, you know,” pointed out Eva. Negi sighed.
 
“I know, but…!” he began, clearly frustrated. “I…should pick my partner, and let the other probationary contracts dissolve,” he said. Eva heard the reluctance in his tone, and smiled to herself.
 
“That won't solve anything, you know,” Eva interjected casually. “They know far too much to go back to the `normal' world,” pointed out Eva.
 
“I could erase their memories,” Negi sort-of suggested. Eva snorted.
 
“Yes, we've all seen how well that worked out for you with Asuna,” she replied dryly. “Speaking of which, I wonder what the Baka would say about all this,” Eva smirked. “I recall you and she discussed this before; at the island that cute Ayaka here rented, wasn't it?”
 
Unwilling, Negi shivered as he recalled that trip, though he also found himself smiling. It had been one of the most important turning points in the odd relationship he shared with his primary partner. It had also led directly to this moment, if in a round-about way. “She would tell me that they're my partners, and not to try and do it all myself,” he murmured.
 
“Probably,” Eva shrugged, feeling Ayaka shift a little under them. Little too soon for you to wake, blondie