Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Miscalculation ❯ Chapter 29

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“So, that's the conclusion we came to,” Asuna said softly to the other Wing girls. Chachamaru was keeping the Sports Quad girls and Natsumi busy - with the aid of Kotaro, who had been roped into it by the Wing girls so they could speak quietly together about an important matter.
 
“I see,” mused Haruna, grinning evilly. “I'm in!” she tittered excitedly.
 
“That's not a surprise,” commented Yue drolly. The stacked doujinshi artist lunged over, grabbing Yue's head in a headlock, the small girl's cheek pressed tight to the side of Haruna's large, full breast as she gave the Baka Ranger a fond, gentle noogie.
 
“So the silver edge to the Pactio is a bonus power-up,” Kaede thought out loud.
 
“It's a little more than that,” Konoka interjected softly, glancing at the girls at the far end of the bath. “I don't think that you should do it if you are just looking for a boost in your powers,” warned the granddaughter of the school dean.
 
“If all we wanted was power, we wouldn't be here right now,” Kaede countered.
 
“She's right, you know,” Chisame interjected, thinking of her own reasons for choosing to bond herself to Negi.
 
“The thought thing would be good for fights,” Ku offered, seeing the possibilities of having Wing-wide telepathy when in a fight. To have had that in Kyoto would have made things a lot simpler.
 
“So…?” Asuna asked, looking at the girls who didn't have a silver edge on their cards.
 
“I'm in,” Fei Ku nodded.
 
“Me, too,” agreed Kaede, a strange hint of a smile on her lips. Haruna they already knew about.
 
“What about Sayo-chan?” Kazumi asked, the ghost girl sitting beside the paparazzi in her possessed body. Asuna traded looks with Konoka.
 
“Well, we're not sure about that yet,” admitted the girl. “Her Pactio card appeared when she kissed Negi, but…”
 
“Her what appeared when she kissed Negi?!” came the excited voice of Yuna. Scowling, Asuna glanced over to see that the basketballer had managed to slip close enough to the group to overhear at least a little of their discussion. I hope she didn't understand it, Asuna thought.
 
“Kissed Negi?! Who?! When?!” Makie screamed excitedly, splashing over to the Wing girls. Akira surfaced close by, having swam under the water. Asuna's eyes flickered over Makie's head, seeing Kotaro twitch his shoulders briefly. Giving the wolf-boy a slight eye-roll, Asuna looked around, quickly seeing Ako slipping along the edge of the huge soaking tub in the Resort. Of course, she thought. Fine time for Ayaka to be goofing off somewhere.
 
“Speaking of them,” Asuna addressed her fellow Wing members, “what do you suppose we should do about this situation?”
 
“We could kill them,” Kazumi grinned, “dead girls tell no tales, after all,” she added ominously.
 
“Y…yes they do!” protested Sayo. Kazumi hummed.
 
“Present company excepted,” she amended her statement, patting Sayo's shoulder.
 
“Like you could hurt us,” scoffed Yuna, pulling one of the magical pistols from the Festival from somewhere behind her and brandishing it.
 
“You're still carrying that thing? Even in the bath?” asked Akira.
 
“I'm more curious where she kept it,” snickered Haruna.
 
“Isn't that uncomfortable?” asked Ku. Yuna blinked.
 
“It's not like that!” insisted the girl.
 
“Doesn't matter,” Yue jumped in dispassionately, “that thing won't work in here,” she said. Yuna frowned.
 
“Yes it will,” insisted the athlete.
 
“Um, no, it won't,” Nodoka said. “we disarmed it,” she explained. Yuna frowned, looking at the gun. She didn't know how it worked, but had had such a good time shooting it at the Festival that she had kept it. It had continued to work, though it would sometimes go dead on her. “How could you disarm it?” she demanded.
 
“By casting a seal on the charging spell,” Yue explained without explaining. To the Wing girls, it made sense. To the new-comers, it meant nothing. The teammates knew that Yue had used her artifact to learn about the workings of the magical gun. It didn't surprise any of them that the two - Nodoka and Yue - had gone ahead and disabled the gun.
 
“Well, what can you do?” Yuna bluffed, tucking the gun away again. Kaede smiled at her classmate, stepping up to stand beside Asuna.
 
“Nothing, really,” she said, extending her hand, fingers curled like she was going to give someone a forehead flick. “Just something like this,” the ninja smiled, letting her hand drop until it was just above the surface to the bath. Flicking her finger, she barely touched the surface of the water.
 
Nearly instantly, a geyser of water shot up to splash the paintings on the underside of the stone roof, while a wall of water surged out, nearly swamping the surprised Sports Girls. Kotaro grabbed up Natsumi and hopped over the wave. Breaking the surface, Yuna sputtered, Ako and Makie doing the same. Akira wasn't bothered, being comfortable in the water, but she was just as confused as the others.
 
“What did you do, Kaede?” Yuna wondered.
 
The tall ninja shrugged, her breasts jiggling. “Nothing,” she replied innocently.
 
Asuna smiled, wiping the warm bath water from her face, glancing over to see that Setsuna had jumped in front of Konoka, breaking the wall of water so Konoka wasn't touched by the display. Ki manipulation, identified Asuna. I wish I could learn how to do that kind of thing, but Kanka is my only real talent, the girl thought. The synthetic magic/Ki fusion was a powerful tool, but had its limitations.
 
“Come on! Tell me!” demanded Yuna.
 
“She did this,” Ku said placing her hand flat on the water's surface. A moment later, the water below her palm seemed to implode. Another wall of water slammed into the sports girls. Once more, the four straightened up.
 
“It's just a trick,” Ku said.
 
“Like at the tournament during the Festival?” Ako asked.
 
“Yes, like that,” agreed Asuna.
 
“Can all of you do things like that?” wondered Akira. The girls glanced at each other briefly.
 
“Not all of us,” Chisame said, stepping out of the bath. Catching sight of something in the shadowed doorway, she turned toward it. “I'm going to cool off for a bit, then call it a night,” she said, absently waving a hand.
 
“Ok, Chisame,” Konoka called back.
 
“Um, where is Ayaka?” asked Natsumi, Kotaro's arm still around her waist.
 
-
 
Ayaka moaned softly, opening her eyes to see a stone ceiling over her head. What…? wondered the half-breed, trying to recall where she was. Feeling something warm and soft move against her side, she tried to look down to see what was on her, but her jaw bumped into something when she tried to turn her head.
 
“None of that,” came a soft yet authoritative voice. Eva, Ayaka realized. Blinking, she suddenly recalled where she was and what was going on. The Research Club, magic, the Resort, Eva feeding off me…she blinked. Hearing a soft sound, she realized that though she could feel Eva's breath on the skin of her neck, she couldn't feel Eva's teeth or sucking, though she knew that Eva was drinking her blood. “Something wrong, Ayaka?” came Eva's voice again, the blonde head of the vampiress appearing from below her jaw-line. She saw the tip of a pink tongue catch an errant crimson drop as the smaller blonde sat back on her calves.
 
“You're…still feeding?” asked Ayaka, feeling a little weak. I'm tired, but for some reason, I'm tingling, mused the girl, her mind not quite focused.
 
“Just finishing up for the moment,” Eva said, reaching down a clawed hand to delicately trace the cheekbone of the taller blonde before letting her hand trail down to Ayaka's breasts. The class rep found that her nipples were hard and super-sensitive. Shifting her thighs, she could feel the slick wetness that originated from her pussy. “You certainly do go off easily,” smiled Eva, tweaking a nipple with her sharp-clawed fingernails. Ayaka twitched, feeling a small gush of super-heated fluid squirt from her sex. “Dreaming of Negi doing that?” Eva smirked at the panting girl.
 
“Negi…” moaned Ayaka. Eva stretched her arms.
 
“Yes, Negi,” she agreed. “He was here, you know; not that long ago,” Eva said casually. Ayaka sighed. “He's gone back to the other girls for the night, though,” the blood-sucker shared. Ayaka whined softly. “My apprentice did seem to like what he saw, though, so you shouldn't feel too bad,” soothed Eva. Ayaka smiled at that. Eva watched the flushed girl for a bit in silence. Once she was sure that Ayaka's head had cleared a little more, she resumed her conversation with the taller blonde. “You have come this far, Ayaka, so you should finish the job and formally join us,” she suggested.
 
“I…I will!” promised Ayaka. Eva smiled at her.
 
“That's good,” the vampiress said. “Just remember what Asuna said about commitment to the Wings. Also, it will mean a major change in your life and future,” warned the mistress of the Resort. Ayaka considered that for a long moment.
 
“I think I understand,” she said after a moment. Eva stared at her evenly.
 
“You think, or you do?” pressed Eva. Ayaka frowned.
 
Eva knew that this was a difficult choice for the rich girl. She had a chance at everything she dreamed of, but there was a high price for it; and she couldn't use money to buy her dream, either. No, the currency she had to use was one that she didn't have much of. It amused Eva in a dark way to know that Ayaka was wrestling with herself. Ayaka slowly sat up, curling her legs up so she could loop her arms around her folded knees, sitting on her shapely ass, ankles crossed.
 
“I know,” she said minutes later. Eva offered her a sharp-toothed smile.
 
“Good, Ayaka,” purred Eva. “So, what are you going to do?” asked Eva, watching Ayaka.
 
“I'm going to resign from the Equestrian Club and join this club. I am going to form a Pactio with Negi and get the silver edge. I will also train hard to be the best partner for him I can be,” promised the girl determinedly.
 
“And?”
 
Ayaka blinked. What does she mean, `and?' wondered Ayaka. Reviewing what she had been told and what she had learned from Asuna, she saw the point Eva was pushing. “And I will be discreet about the Club activities,” she assured Eva. The other girl slowly nodded her head a fraction of an inch.
 
“Good,” praised Eva. “Now, let's talk about your role in the Wings,” continued Eva. “You should be aware by now that you cannot be a front-line fighter, but at the same time, you don't exactly fit in the second line, either,” Eva noted. Ayaka blinked.
 
“But I…!” she began. Eva glanced at her, Ayaka falling silent.
 
“That is not to say that you don't have your role to play as well,” Eva continued, “it's just that your role will be different from the other girl's roles. Your family has resources and connections that could profit us greatly, and the best way to support Negi will be to use those resources and connections in support of the Wings,” Eva lectured. “Once you have your Pactio, we can discuss this in greater detail, but for now, you should think about how best to use those for our cause.”
 
“I will,” promised Ayaka. Eva stood, moving to the edge of her room to gaze out over the Hub and surrounding dome area. After a few moments, Eva glanced back at Ayaka.
 
“You should go join the others,” said Eva, tossing her head toward the door to her room, where Chachamaru waited. “Tomorrow is a new day, and you have your work cut out for you.” Ayaka stood, and after a moment catching her balance, began to walk toward Chachamaru, who would lead her back to the communal sleeping room where the Wings rested. Just as she was about to step through the door to Eva's private bedroom, the master of the Resort spoke again. “And welcome to the White Wings, Ayaka Yukihiro.”
 
“Thank you,” Ayaka said, looking forward to see Chachamaru holding out one of the small, finely-crafted wing badges she had seen the others wearing. Accepting it, she clipped it in her hair, at her temple, since she wasn't wearing a stitch of clothes. As she followed her classmate and now teammate down to where the other girls, Negi and Kotaro were sleeping, she began to smile as she thought about what tomorrow would bring. Emerging from the passageway to see the futons of the Wings spread out before her, she looked for Negi, but didn't see him. Shrugging, she carefully settled down next to Asuna, quickly falling asleep in spite of her tingling sex.
 
Far above them, Eva smiled. “Hope you survive it,” she murmured. Chachamaru arrived back, offering Eva one of her thin, see-through dresses. Slipping into it, Eva and Chachamaru teleported from the bedroom. It was time to see how her other project was coming along.
 
-
 
“So,” Negi said to Chisame, “that's what it looks like to me.” He had been watching the Wings when Chisame had climbed out of the bath and walked straight to where he had been. Looking at him for a moment, she had grabbed his hand and led him away from the others. Once they were away, she had asked him what was on his mind.
 
Negi had told her, and she had suggested that they get away from the Hub before discussing it any further, in case the girls at the root of the issue happened to overhear something they shouldn't. He could see the wisdom in that, and they had moved to the transport circle, jumping to the bamboo forest dome again. Now, the two sat on the soft, cool grass that surrounded the circle at the heart of the forest. Chisame considered what Negi had told her.
 
“You know,” she said, looking over at him, “that doesn't really surprise me,” shared the girl. “We sort of figured that Eva was the one that was responsible for those four ending up here. Thinking back on it, it should have been obvious that she was testing you in some way. Or testing us, even,” the girl analyzed. Negi frowned.
 
“Testing you all?” he wondered. Chisame shrugged, her breasts jiggling slightly.
 
“Sure, why not?” she asked. “Think about it: she would want to know how we would react to being discovered by our classmates, right? What would we do? Would we panic? Or maybe turn violent toward them? What would we choose to do? Erase their memories or force them to join? It is the sort of thing she would enjoy seeing us decide,” Chisame said.
 
“Now that you mention it…” Negi mumbled. Mistress would enjoy that, he realized.
 
“But, none of that helps you with your decision, so let's forget it for now,” Chisame said calmly. “Any idea what you will choose?” she asked him. A gentle, cool breeze filtered through the heavy bamboo growth, the leaves rustling in the silver moonlight.
 
“Well, not really,” admitted Negi. “I don't really want to drag them into this world like I did with you all, but some of their skills could be valuable,” he argued with himself. Chisame considered that.
 
“Did you think that maybe they want to come to this world with us?” asked the cosplay girl. “I mean, Yuna seems really, really keen on this place, and Ako acts like she has some sort of intuitive grasp about magic worlds and the like. Akira doesn't seem upset at all about what she has seen, and Makie won't volunteer to leave with you here.”
 
“I know, but if they join us, then get bored, what then? And if they do stay with us, will they be able to accept the changes to their world? It's not easy to live in two worlds when you have been used to one, you know?” he asked. Chisame giggled softly.
 
“Oh, I know,” she said, leaning over to kiss him briefly. “I tried my hardest to deny that magic existed, but couldn't. And once I joined the Wings, it was actually easier on me,” she smiled.
 
“I guess,” Negi said, “but didn't you already live in two worlds? I mean, you lived as Chisame, and as Chiu.” Chisame snorted.
 
“Haruna, right?” she grunted. “Like she has room to gossip!” protested Chisame. “But, I guess she does have a point. Even so,” insisted the girl, “maybe they will be more comfortable knowing about the other world, hmm?”
 
“Maybe,” Negi shrugged. “Yuna's father is a mage, but Yuna doesn't seem to know about magic. It could be that - like the Dean and Konoka - he wants to keep that from her for her own good.”
 
“And we saw how that choice turned out in Kyoto, didn't we?” Chisame came back. “Yuna is the daughter of a Magister and his Ministra, so she has a heritage of magic in her blood. I think that like Konoka, she won't be able to hide from that.”
 
Negi thought about that. “But, even if Yuna is like that, the others…”
 
“I didn't say it was perfect,” Chisame cut in, draping an arm around his shoulders and pulling him closer to her. “Just something to think about.”
 
“Mistress did say that several of the class were sensitive to magic or had latent magical abilities,” Negi thought out loud. “Maybe Ako, Makie and Akira are like that?” Chisame shrugged once more.
 
“Couldn't say,” she replied candidly. “Though, maybe having some partners without such sensitivity or powers could be useful in some circumstances?” Negi blinked.
 
“I can't really think of a situation where that would be an asset,” he began, “well, I mean, unless someone was trying to track us by magic resonance or by a familiar…” he trailed off, considering the question. Chisame smiled softly. This is nice, the girl thought, looking up at the stars overhead.
 
“You know,” she said after a moment, “we don't have any particular problem with it if you want them to join.” Negi blinked.
 
“You don't?” he asked, surprised. Chisame shook her head.
 
“We understand what you are aiming for, and we agreed to be your partners in order to support you as you work toward your goals. It only makes sense that we would want you to have the skills you need to reach them, doesn't it?” she explained. “Asuna was your first partner, wasn't she? Yet, she didn't complain about the rest of us joining. All she cared about was whether or not we were committed to being true partners to you. Same thing with Ayaka. All we - your partners - really care about is supporting you so you can reach your goals.”
 
“You mean…I should trust you as partners,” Negi said, mostly to himself. Chisame nodded. After a moment, Negi's indecision cleared. “Ok,” he said, standing and helping Chisame up, “I trust you all, and if you are ok with it, then I will ask if they want to join,” he said firmly. Chisame smiled at him, pulling him to her for a close, warm hug.
 
“Good Negi,” she cooed in his ear, kissing him. “However this turns out, we're with you,” she promised. Negi nodded firmly. Holding hands, the two teleported back to the Hub, finding their way to the sleeping area and occupying Chisame's futon. Looking over to Asuna's futon, he was relieved to see Ayaka cuddled up to his first and primary partner.