Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Miscalculation ❯ Chapter 44

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Mm,” sighed Asuna, stretching her arms over her head. “This was a good day,” she said happily, letting her arms fall, her hand catching Negi's hand as they walked back toward the dorm, the sun slipping behind the horizon. Though Ayaka's house was a ways away from the main school proper, the street had lights every so often, which were turning on as the light sensors triggered them. This meant that by the time the two would be nearing the trolley stop nearest to Ayaka's house, they would be passing through cones of light, then arcs of darkness.
 
“Yeah, it was nice,” Negi agreed. Asuna snickered softly.
 
“I'll bet,” she purred, leaning into him for a moment. Negi blushed slightly, realizing where her thoughts were going. “Um…” he tried. Asuna shook her head.
 
“It's fine, Negi,” she said softly, giving him a soft smile. “Ayaka and I talked about…things, and she knew what she was getting into,” explained his primary partner. “For all her other faults, Ayaka keeps her word. We can trust her, Negi,” she promised softly. “Besides,” she added, her voice sly, “you made her very happy.”
 
Negi wasn't sure what to say to that, so he said nothing; about that, at least. “Asuna?” he said, glancing up at her. She looked at him, smiling. “Do you think…” he paused, considering his words, then continued, “that is, what do you think will happen when you and the other girls graduate to high school?” he asked her. Asuna blinked.
 
“Well, you're coming with us, of course,” she said slowly. I don't want anyone but Negi teaching us, she thought, a bit resentfully. “We'll talk to the Dean and make sure you stay with us,” she assured him. Konoka should be able to convince him, considering…she mused, one hand fishing for her cell phone.
 
“And what about the…rest?” Negi asked, looking up at her. Asuna blinked.
 
“Rest?” she wondered, confused.
 
“I mean, Ayaka is probably going to want to go to a good college, and then become the head of her family's business, isn't she? And Kazumi wants to be a journalist. Are they going to be able to do that and still be in the Wings?” he wondered.
 
Asuna realized where he was coming from. “I can't speak for the others, Negi,” she said, stopping them between two of the light cones, facing him squarely, her nose nearly toughing his as she leaned into him, “but at least Konoka, Setsuna and I will always be your partners,” she promised him. “Probably Kaede, Ku and the Library Duo as well,” she mused. Negi blinked.
 
“Really?!” he asked, sounding relieved. Asuna smiled, dipping a little to kiss him on the lips.
 
“Really,” she confirmed. “We talked about it, and we're not leaving you. Wherever you go, we go - as a team and as partners,” she breathed, kissing him again. Gotta talk to the others about this, too, she realized.
 
“Asuna, thanks,” Negi said, leaning up to kiss her. Asuna wrapped her arms around his neck, opening her mouth to his kiss. After a leisurely kiss, she drew back slightly, sharing a silent smile with him. Slowly, the two resumed their walk to the dorm, holding hands. Flipping open her cell phone with her free hand, she saw that she had missed two calls and had a voice mail waiting for her, along with two text messages. Asuna dexterously worked her keypad. After reading the text messages, she listened to the voice mail.
 
Negi picked up on Asuna's mood change. “Asuna? What's wrong?” he asked her. Asuna glanced at him.
 
“Nothing, probably,” she shrugged, her fingers caressing her Pactio card. “Just…don't let go of my hand, ok?” she said, punching an auto-dial number on her cell phone. “Yeah, it's me,” she said, almost curtly. “Where are you? Ok, we're nearly at the trolley stop. Oh, she is? See her there, then. No, he's with me, of course,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Ayaka will be fine! She's silver now anyway, so…yeah, I know, but…fine!” she huffed. “What? When? Really?” Asuna asked, sounding surprised. “No, I agree with you. So…? Yeah, I know that. Well, see you in a half hour or so. Supper? Sure, sounds fine. Ok, see you,” she ended the call. Negi was looking at her.
 
“What?” he asked, a little nervous.
 
“Just something a little off,” Asuna said, drawing Negi closer to her, her Pactio card now in her off hand. “We're meeting up with Ku, by the way,” she said. Negi put his free hand on Asuna's flat, strong stomach, making her stop.
 
“Asuna, what is going on?” he asked her directly.
 
“We're really not sure,” she said. “It's just that some strange things have been going on, and it seems that the faculty are interested in the Wings. Also, Eishun has been acting a little strange lately. After what happened with Chao, we're just…being cautious,” she explained judiciously. If they go after our Negi like they tried to go after Chao, we're going to kick their asses!
 
Negi was thinking much the same thing. He had been right about Chao in the end, and even though she had been up to something that could have made the world a harder place for mages to live, he had felt that he had made the right choices the whole way through. She was my responsibility, and I dealt with her without resorting to erasing her memories or locking her up, too. Negi felt justifiably proud of that. The fact that his girls had stood tight by his side was not forgotten, either. “Asuna, I don't want you girls to get in trouble over something that is my problem,” he said.
 
“Negi,” sighed Asuna, seeing the trolley stop ahead; along with a crowd of people waiting for the trolley. “Let me tell you something,” she said sternly, giving him a somewhat-gentle noogie with her knuckle, “your problems are our problems. We're your partners, and you're our magi. We are a team, Negi. One for all and all for one and all that stuff,” she said, tapping his nose with her finger. “So, don't you ever say that your problems aren't our business, or I'll have to adjust your attitude. Got it?” she warned him, smiling slightly.
 
“I got it, Asuna,” he capitulated. Knowing that his girls were with him, he felt a lot better. “So, where is…?” he began.
 
“Negi-kun,” came Ku's voice, his Baka Ranger Yellow front-liner appearing beside him. “Asuna,” she greeted her fellow Wing. The trio boarded the trolley, Asuna and Ku still bracketing him. As the trolley filled with the students, teachers, merchants and citizens of Mahora, Asuna and Ku moved closer to Negi, until he was pressed face to face with Asuna, Ku against his back. Asuna smiled as she looked down at him, his face pressed against her chest.
 
Negi had had a long day, and about half-way back to the dorm, he was yawning. Feeling Asuna and Ku warm and soft against him, and having his face all but buried in Asuna's tits served to lull him toward sleep. The fact that he was inhaling Asuna's scent every breath also had more than a little to do with him being nearly asleep by the time their stop arrived. Asuna reluctantly eased him back from where he had been dozing against her chest. “Come on, Negi,” she said, her palm brushing along his cheek, “we're almost back to the dorm,” she encouraged him.
 
Around her, she could hear other girls and women `awing' over the cute scene. They probably think he's my brother or something, she thought, mildly irritated by that thought. Negi wasn't her brother, after all - he was her partner. And lover, she thought, color touching her cheeks as she got Negi off the car. Negi covered his mouth as he yawned. “Come on, Negi,” Asuna said, crouching down and turning her back to him. “I'll carry you back,” she offered, grinning.
 
“I can walk,” he began.
 
“On her back, Negi,” Ku cut in, quickly maneuvering him onto Asuna's back. Asuna stood easily, a small bit of Kanka helping her move easy and quick. Moving quick, the two Wing girls made their way to the dorm.
 
“Ku,” Asuna said as they reached their floor, “get the others. Meeting in our room,” she murmured. Ku nodded.
 
“Already waiting,” she said. Entering her room, she found the majority of the girls in the Wings waiting. Asuna - with unsolicited help from Konoka - stripped Negi and tucked him into their loft bed. Once they were sure he was asleep, Asuna took her spot next to Konoka, one of her arms absently falling across the girl's shoulder.
 
“Ok, what is going on?” she asked the group. Chisame and Kazumi glanced at each other for a moment, before Kazumi began her report.
 
-
 
“Got a minute, Negi-kun?”
 
Negi turned to see Shizuna smiling down at him. “Shizuna-san,” he replied. His hands were full of quizzes from all the classes to be graded before his afternoon classes. He was fortunate that he only had two English classes in the afternoon, most of the classes hitting him before lunch. “Of course,” he added, the woman reaching for the papers in his hands.
 
“I can give you hand grading these while we talk, if you like,” she said, following him to his desk in the teachers' lounge. Hooking a chair with her foot, Shizuna pulled it over to Negi's desk, settling in next to the young man. Negi removed his suit jacket and loosened his tie as he began to organize the papers for grading. Shizuna accepted a stack from one of his other classes along with a red marker. She noticed that Negi sorted through until he had his homeroom classes' papers in front of him.
 
“So,” Shizuna began, marking papers, “how are the girls doing? In your class I mean,” she clarified.
 
“Well, our GPA hasn't recovered from Chao's departure yet,” Negi admitted, marker moving over a paper. Shizuna glanced at the paper, seeing Asuna's name on it. “But the Baka Rangers are getting better,” he added, smiling. Shizuna saw a lot of red on the paper. As if he could read her mind, Negi glanced at her. “Slowly,” he qualified.
 
Shizuna laughed softly. “Any progress is good, isn't it?” she replied philosophically. “Speaking of progress, how is your club going? The English Culture Research Club, right?”
 
“It's going great!” enthused Negi.
 
“You know,” Shizuna said, starting a new paper, “the Dean mentioned that your club hasn't used up it's quarterly school-provided funding yet, and the quarter is ending soon,” she said, marker flickering over the quiz. Negi blinked.
 
“School funding?” he wondered. Never even considered that, he realized. “Um, what…?” he began.
 
“Who is secretary of your club? Saotome?” asked Shizuna. Negi shook his head.
 
“Konoka-chan is our secretary,” he replied.
 
“Oh, Konoka,” smiled Shizuna. “That makes it easier,” she mused, once more starting a new paper. “I can just have her handle the matter from here on, then. Which only leaves us this quarter's funding to be addressed.”
 
“What are we supposed to do?” Negi wondered, groping for his cell phone. “I'll have Konoka-chan get with…”
 
“There isn't time for the normal paperwork and proposals,” Shizuna said. “But, since the Dean knew there wouldn't be time to do it normally, he has decided to help you out this time,” the stacked senior staffer said happily.
 
“Great!” breathed a relieved Negi. Shizuna had to stop herself from ruffling his hair and hugging him to her impressive cleavage. He is so adorable! she squealed in her mind. When he tries to be so responsible, it just makes my maternal instincts run rampant! “So, what has Konoe-sama decided, then?” he asked.
 
“The school is sending your club to Kyoto. The Dean figured that your last trip there didn't leave you any time to really explore your father's house, or enjoy the place, since you were busy with supervising the entire class and dealing with…other matters,” she said delicately.
 
“Really?!” gasped Negi. “We can go back to my father's house?” he asked eagerly. Shizuna nodded.
 
“You will be heading out tomorrow, and coming back Friday evening,” said Shizuna. Negi blinked.
 
“But, what about classes and…?” he began.
 
“We have made arrangements for your classes to be covered, so don't worry about it, ok?” assured the older woman, giving him a sweet smile. “I trust you will let your club members know,” she said, marker never stopping as she finished off another paper.
 
“I…I will!” Negi nodded. “Oh! We had some more students join our club…” he began. Shizuna glanced at him.
 
“Did you now?” she breathed. Funny, we hadn't thought of that. Still, we need them out of town, so I guess the extra tickets won't matter much, decided the woman. “Just give me a total head-count before evening today, and we'll have it all taken care of.”
 
“Ok,” Negi agreed, smiling.
 
“We'll have a good time in Kyoto,” Shizuna added, not looking at him. Negi didn't react to that for a good fifteen seconds.
 
“We? What do you mean?” he wondered, his thoughts not very focused.
 
“Oh, I am going as your co-chaperone, Negi,” Shizuna explained. “This will allow you to have more free time, as well as maintaining appropriate supervision, since you will be the only male in a group of girls,” Shizuna winked at him.
 
“Well, um, Kotaro is a member of the club,” he corrected her. Shizuna blinked. Forgot about him, realized the woman.
 
“Even so, it is safer to have another teacher along, don't you think? Unless you would rather have a different teacher going?” she asked, her tone ever-so-slightly hurt.
 
“No! Not at all! Please, come with us!” Negi babbled. Shizuna smiled again.
 
“I'd be delighted to, Negi,” she giggled softly. From there, talk turned to other things, and by the time that the lunch bell rang, the papers were all graded, and the two had a basic sort of plan for the trip.
 
As they exited the staff room, the pair was accosted. “Apprentice,” came Eva's silky-smooth voice, “you seem to be in a good mood,” noted the small blonde nightmare. Just behind her, Chachamaru waited silently, her eyes on Negi.
 
“Mistress,” Negi smiled at the undead magi, “the school is sending us to Kyoto to look around my father's house!” he blurted out.
 
“Oh, are they now?” Eva asked, her eyes lifting to look at Shizuna. “How nice of them,” she said, a smirk on her lips. Shizuna forced herself to meet Eva's eyes. Looking into the bright, clear, green orbs, she could almost feel Eva's power pushing against her. Finally breaking eye contact with the smaller woman, she looked at Eva's lips, curled into a smirk. To her surprise, she found she could see the tip of one of Eva's fangs. Shooting her eyes back up, she realized that Eva knew what she had seen. In fact, thought Shizuna, she probably did that deliberately. But why?
 
“We're leaving tomorrow morning, and will be returning Friday evening,” Negi went on, excited. Eva snorted delicately.
 
“Well, have fun, my apprentice,” she said, flipping a hand dismissively. “I will be staying here,” she added. Negi blinked.
 
“But, mistress, surely the Dean would let you come with us, since it is a school function,” he suggested.
 
“Ha!” laughed his master, “the old goat claims it is too much work to sign those slips for me; besides,” she added, looking Negi full in the face, “he has asked me to assist the school in a small matter.”
 
“But, Mistress,” Negi began. Eva shook her head, her loose blonde hair rippling.
 
“No buts, I'm staying here this time,” she said. “Enjoy your trip, hmm?” she suggested.
 
“If you insist,” Negi sighed. Shizuna had to fight to keep from frowning at that. Eva gave him a smile.
 
“I insist,” she answered. “But,” added the terror a moment after Shizuna had let out a soft breath, “in exchange for being stuck here without my club members to torment, I demand a club meeting tonight!” she demanded. Negi was nodding before Shizuna could even open her mouth to try and stop him.
 
“Sure, Mistress,” he agreed. Eva reached up and stroked his cheek.
 
“Good, my apprentice,” she cooed at him. Leaning up, she gave him a peck on the cheek. “Tell the others for me,” she said, turning away. Chachamaru bowed to Negi before following her mistress down the hall. Shizuna was trying her best to keep the scowl off her face. She did that deliberately! raged the teacher silently. Just casually kissing him like that, right in front of me! The nerve of that blood-sucker…!
 
“Negi,” came a voice from the other direction, “ready to eat?” asked Asuna, stopping in front of him. With her was Konoka and Setsuna. All three girls glanced at Shizuna as they unconsciously shifted to surround Negi.
 
“Sure, Asuna,” Negi nodded. “Guess what? We're going back to Kyoto tomorrow! The school is paying for our club to go there,” he said excitedly. “I can explore my father's house more, and see some sights that we didn't get to last time. Isn't that great?” he asked her eagerly. Asuna hummed.
 
“Sounds nice,” Asuna said. “Are all of us coming?” she asked him.
 
“Yes, except for Mistress and Chachamaru-chan,” Negi answered. “They have to stay here; said the dean needed her to deal with something or other,” shrugged Negi. Asuna glanced at Konoka. Silently, the girl dropped back a little, pulling her cell phone out of her skirt pocket as she did so. “Oh, I'm supposed to tell you that Eva wants us to have a club meeting tonight, too,” Negi added. Asuna nodded, her own cell phone emerging from her skirt pocket. Moments later, a text message had been sent to all Wing members, and her phone was back in her pocket.
 
“Taken care of,” she reported to Negi.
 
“Thanks, Asuna,” he replied.
 
“Anyone else coming with us?” asked Asuna, her tone a little distant.
 
“Shizuna is coming with us to help supervise,” Negi answered her. Asuna glanced at the stacked woman who was the Dean's personal assistant more often than a teacher.
 
“I hope I am not interrupting anything,” Shizuna smiled at Asuna. Asuna shook her head, bells tinkling.
 
“Not at all,” the girl replied, her hand on Negi's shoulder. “What do you want for lunch, Negi?” asked his primary partner.
 
“Let's eat with Satsuki!” Konoka chirped. “She has a new recipe she is developing,” revealed the granddaughter of the Dean.
 
“How many people know this?” asked Asuna sharply.
 
“Well, a few people in the cooking clubs, and a few of the other classes,” Konoka reported.
 
“Better run, then,” Asuna said, sprinting off. Konoka and Setsuna were right on her heels as she ran with Negi. Shizuna was left far behind. Once the girls and Negi were out of sight, her soft smile fell from her lips. Turning, she hurried toward the office of the Dean.