Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 12 Days of Christmas ❯ Popcorn ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Damn it.”
 
“Ow…”
 
“Damn it! It broke again!”
 
Iruka sighed as he looked at the helpless Kakashi, who sat stringing popcorn for the Christmas tree.
 
“You're putting too much force on the popcorn, resulting in it breaking, or you poking yourself.” Iruka stated.
 
“Gee, thanks, sensei.” The emphasis placed on `sensei' made Iruka growl slightly. “But I've mastered over a thousand jutsu, I think I can handle putting popcorn on a string.” Kakashi spoke in his smug, matter-of-fact tone.
 
“Oh, really? Well, it's been almost an hour, and you have about twenty pieces of popcorn on that string. Is that part of some master plan of yours?” Iruka returned, with equal smugness. Kakashi growled dangerously. It used to frighten Iruka, but it meant nothing now. He sighed. “Tell you what, Kakashi. Just let me get all of the Christmas things ready, and you do the chores around the house?” Kakashi grumbled his response, got up, shoved his hands in his pockets, hunched over a bit and headed for the kitchen, still mumbling. “Straighten up, Kakashi, don't slouch, it's bad posture.” Kakashi almost wanted to repeat what Iruka said mockingly, but that's just a bit too childish…even for him.
 
Kakashi cleaned anything he could find that was dirty. He was lazy, and hated chores, but once he started something, he carried it through until the end. It had only taken about a half hour. (He had a lot of help from the shadow clones) Kakashi walked in to find Iruka, and a completely decorated tree. Popcorn and all.
 
It only took him a half hour to get all of those strings done? Kakashi frowned. There was just no way! “How?” He asked, walking up to Iruka.
 
“You have to have a quick, and very gentle hand.” Iruka turned to look at a sulking Kakashi. “Did you get everything done?” He asked, and Kakashi begrudgingly nodded. “Oh really? Well, I'm proud of my lazy puppy.” Iruka grinned and wrapped his arms around Kakashi's neck.
 
“Do you have to call me a puppy?” Kakashi verbally pouted.
 
“Yes. It fits, doesn't it?” Iruka let out a small chuckle.
 
“Not really.” Kakashi looked off to the side. Iruka laughed more.
 
“It's your summon, Kakashi. You've got the heightened hearing and sense of smell. Not to mention, you love to cuddle and sometimes you whimper cutely.”
 
“Do not!” Kakashi immediately objected, his usual calm appearance shattering.
 
“Yes you do! Especially after sex.” Iruka snickered a bit at Kakashi's blush, which was only slightly visible.
 
At least we're not in public. Kakashi thought, and let out a small sigh of relief.
 
“Do you really, Kakashi?” Kakashi turned to look at the three faces of his former students. Kakashi cursed the fact that they had gotten so good at sneaking up on people. “I didn't think you were the cuddling, or whimpering type, Kakashi. It's kind of pathetic.” Kakashi glared at Sasuke, who was the one speaking up.
 
“Who asked you?” Kakashi scowled, and Sasuke smirked and looked away.
 
“I guess I forgot to mention I invited them over!” Iruka smiled as he made his way over to the group of three.
 
Wonderful, just wonderful. Kakashi thought as he walked over by Iruka.
 
“You had to invite the brats.” Kakashi mumbled. He felt two sharp pinches on his arm; one from Iruka, and one from Sasuke, who, surprisingly looked more pissed than Iruka himself. He wasn't usually the type to take offence to such a comment. Kakashi ruffled his hair in an attempted apology; Sasuke growled in response but Kakashi, being Kakashi, was unfazed.
 
“You're just being nice to me, now, so you can get Iruk-mmff!!” Sasuke was cut off by Kakashi's rather large hand. Sasuke just `hmph'ed and shot him a look.
 
“Alright, everyone in this room is going to behave and act like the love each other, got it?!” Iruka's dead-serious face made all four of the team stare. He could be so scary sometimes. “Got it?!” Iruka asked once again, with more clarity. All of them nodded vigorously and followed him into the kitchen. Not a word was spoken from the former team 7 unless answering Iruka, or saying something pleasant to someone in the group. They all knew better…especially Kakashi.