Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own.
So, no one has any suggestions for other pairings? Come on! Surely you don't want only Harry and Itachi? No pairings involving other HP characters since they will no longer appear in person.
I'm actually kind of stuck on who actually committed the massacre. I'm tossing up between Orochimaru, the guys that Itachi used to work for or a new bad guy. So please vote, if new bad guy then suggest a name and his/her reasoning for the massacre.
Thanks for all the great reviews. Glad people like the reaction to Harry's money; I just had to put it in.
This one's a bit of a filler.
 
Chapter 7
 
 
“Morning!” Harry groaned at Kakashi's overly cheerful wake up call and tried to burrow deeper into his covers. He was not allowed to escape back into sleep though as they were torn off him and the blinds covering the window thrown open, the window angled so precisely that the morning sunlight all but blinded him.
 
“Go way!” He mumbled, head now shoved under the pillow.
 
“You've slept over ten hours Harry! Time to get up!” He pulled the pillow from the teen's head and had to bite back a laugh as a disgruntled Harry sat up. The kid's bed hair was rather interesting, as was the sleepy glare.
 
“Why are you so cheerful?” Harry grumbled as he dragged himself out of bed, grabbing some clean clothes and heading for the bathroom.
 
“With such a wonderful cook in the house how could I not be cheerful?” Harry didn't need to be able to see Kakashi's face to know that he was smiling.
“We are getting your finances taken care of, getting you some more clothes and then joining my team for training. You get to watch.”
 
“Joy.” Harry drawled and slammed the bathroom door in Kakashi's face. The older man chuckled and then pulled out his book. Harry was definitely not a morning person but that was what made it so much fun. The teen had only been with him for one full day but he seemed to be settling in okay. Kakashi had taken a brief look around after Harry had unpacked; there was nothing out of the ordinary that he could find. Of course the books could contain anything, it wasn't like he could understand them.
 
Kakashi was waiting for him in the kitchen when he re-emerged, dressed in one of two casual outfits that he owned; he had worn the other yesterday and on the walk from the hospital. Today it was dark blue jeans, hiking boots and a Gryffindor red t-shirt. He had a small bag with him that Kakashi assumed had his valuables in it.
 
“So, is it true you're always late for training?” Harry asked as he began making breakfast.
 
“No, who told you that?” Harry shot him a disbelieving look.
 
“Naruto and Sakura. Seeing as Sasuke actually nodded I get the feeling you're lying.”
 
“Maybe.” Kakashi smiled behind his mask.
 
“So what time are we meant to meet them?”
 
“One.” Harry just nodded and served the food. Mentally he subtracted three hours and then locked at the clock. It was doable, just.
 
--------------------
“YOUR'E….on time?” Naruto had simply gone quiet; it was Sakura who had continued speaking.
 
“What?” Kakashi stared at them and then at Harry. The teen was obviously fighting a smile. How had he? Kakashi shook his head and Harry cracked up.
“Well, let's go. Sasuke, Naruto start sparing.” Harry moved away and sat down, pulling supplies from his bag. Kakashi moved so that he could keep an eye on him and his students while still being able to read.
 
“I may not be able to read the language but I can tell from the cover that is not appropriate reading material when around kids.” Harry commented as he began to work.
 
“So?” Harry just smiled and Kakashi watched him closely, tightening his grip on the beloved book.
“What are you doing?”
 
“Finishing my final project. It was meant to be done for graduation but wasn't due to the whole invasion so I figured I might as well finish it now.”
 
“And the point of that is?”
 
“It'll be useful if it works. If it doesn't, well it wouldn't be the first time I nearly blew myself up.” Kakashi's eyes widened. Just what was he working on? As if he'd read his mind Harry continued speaking.
“I was trying to combine apparation with a type of scrying. Usually you need co-ordinates or a mental image of a place to focus on. I'm trying to make it so you can apparate to a person.” Harry looked up and smiled.
“Relax, I got through the riskiest bits at school under supervision, it's mainly the fine tuning left.” Kakashi nodded but decided to keep a very close watch, just in case. McGonagall had been surprised when he had chosen his project but he had a very good reason behind it. Originally he was hoping to use it after the war to hopefully get to Itachi. That was still the purpose behind the spell since he had yet to figure out any other way to see him but at least he wouldn't be running the extra risk of travelling between worlds. Harry winced, his hands flying to his head as a sharp pain lanced through it.
 
“Harry?” He moaned slightly, fighting back the pain.
 
“Kakashi-sensei? Harry!” Sakura's call had the other two stopping their fight and coming closer.
 
“Harry can you hear me?” The teen blinked at Kakashi. When had he gotten so close?
 
“I'm okay.” He lowered his hands and went to stand but swayed and would have fallen if Kakashi hadn't caught him.
 
“Take it easy. You three continue training, I'm taking Harry to the hospital.”
 
“It's okay Kakashi, it's just a headache. I was thinking of a friend and then…” Harry met Kakashi's eye meaningfully and the Shinobi nodded slowly. He realised what Harry was saying.
 
“You sure?”
 
“Positive, I'm fine now.” Harry smiled and stood under his own power.
 
“Alright, back to training.”
 
-----------------------------------------
Kakashi opened the door and slipped into the room silently. He frowned as he saw Harry tossing on the bed, tangled in the sheets. He was sweating and obviously locked in a nightmare just like the previous three nights. Ever since his headache. They both knew it was Harry's repressed memories trying to come forward but that didn't make it any better. They were both losing a lot of sleep but the teen was incredibly stubborn when he wanted to be and he flat out refused to go back to the hospital. But if something didn't change soon he'd force him to go. Dealing with a cranky Harry was not his idea of fun.
 
-----------------------------------------
“Umino Iruka?” Iruka looked at the hesitant teen in his doorway. He smiled at the boy and tried to work out who he was before coming to the conclusion that he had never seen him before.
 
“Can I help you?” He accepted the note and then smiled.
“So you're the Harry Naruto won't stop talking about. It's nice to finally meet you.”
 
“You too sir, Naruto speaks highly of you.” Harry answered politely. Iruka had known the teen would be coming to help today, he'd just plain forgotten about it.
 
“You have some ninja training correct?” Harry nodded.
“But you were never formally schooled?”
 
“No sir, my parents taught me.”
 
“Well why don't you listen in on the lecture. We'll be doing practical work later and I could do with an extra pair of eyes to watch them.”
 
“Sure.” Harry sat off to the side and was soon engrossed in the lesson. Because of time restraints Itachi had focused far more on the practical side of his training so a lot of it was new to him.
 
--------------------------------
“So you're staying with Kakashi? Iruka asked as they watched the children practice.
 
“Yes sir.”
 
“Call me Iruka. He hasn't driven you insane yet?” Harry laughed.
 
“No, not yet. Though you should have seen the looks on his teams faces when he showed up on time last week.” Iruka stared at him on shock.
 
“How?” Harry just smiled.
 
“My secret. It's not that bad actually. We made a deal, I cook and he cleans. This way we avoid food poisoning and can actually see the floor now. He's a nice guy really.”
 
“Yeah. He actually asked me about helping you with something.” Iruka watched as Harry blushed slightly.
 
“I…I can't read your language.” Harry said quietly.
“It's not the same as back home.” He pulled out one of his books to prove his point.
“I need to learn or I'm going to be stuck relying on other people to tell me what things say and I can't live like that.” Iruka nodded in understanding.
 
“Are you doing anything this evening?”
 
“No.”
 
“Then we can have our first lesson.” Harry smiled at him.
 
“Thanks.”
 
“It's no problem.”
 
TBC…