Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Looks like there will be KakaIru. Most reviewers asked for it and I was half thinking about it myself so yeah. Had some interesting suggestions for others and I am still thinking them over.
As for the real perpetrator of the massacre I have had some helpful things pointed out to me.
So, thank you to all you wonderful reviewers.
Here's what a lot of you have been waiting for.
 
Chapter 8
 
 
Kakashi was up and halfway into Harry's room when the teen slammed into him before bolting into the bathroom. Harry's scream had probably woken their neighbours but at the moment he was more concerned with his flatmate. Sure the boy had been having nightmares nearly every night but he had never screamed like that before. Kakashi grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen before joining him in the bathroom. He knelt beside Harry and awkwardly rubbed his back as the teen continued to heave. When he was finished Kakashi handed him the glass and wet a cloth for is face. The whole time Harry remained silent, worrying the older man.
 
“Harry?”
 
“I remember.” Harry whispered, shivering slightly and staring off into space.
 
Harry's Dream
 
He looked out at the grounds from the room's single window. He could see the Ministry forces as they continued to work on the wards. They'd fall soon. He looked over at the rooms other occupant, the blond was still asleep and Harry envied him that. He had given up trying to sleep days ago, or was it weeks? All he ever saw was Tom. The visions were forced on him whenever he tried to sleep. All he wanted was to see Itachi, to hear that everything was going to be all right. But he hadn't seen him since that day in the corridor and he was honest enough to admit, at least to himself, that he would probably never see him again. Harry knew what his chances were, even with Itachi's training he was still only seventeen and he was facing an enemy more powerful than any other who had at least fifty years experience on him. He stiffened slightly as he felt something pass through him and then looked into suddenly alert grey eyes. The two teens were on their feet and ready to move in seconds, the wards had fallen. They dashed through the corridors, using their knowledge of the various passageways to avoid the enemy. They hoped to get behind them and help the attacking forces by taking out some of the rear defenders. Hopefully the various traps they'd laid would take out more of the Death Eaters than their allies. Harry pulled his wand as the sounds of fighting began to reach them. Beside him he felt more than saw Draco do the same. It wasn't long before they joined the fight, throwing themselves into it. Harry dodged automatically as a spell flashed past him, hitting the Death Eater he'd been fighting and putting the man out of the fight. Eventually he managed to fight his way to Remus' side. The werewolf smiled at him for a second before they went back to back, firing off curses as quick as they could. Harry was saving his few jutsu's for the fight with Tom.
 
Harry collapsed, exhausted onto the ground, eagerly accepting the flask Remus handed him.
 
“I'm glad you two are okay. When Hermione showed up alone…”
 
“Someone had to keep the idiots occupied until the ret of you could get here. It hasn't been the most enjoyable month but we managed.” Harry leant tiredly against his godfather, just glad to be with him again.
 
“Get some sleep cub, I'll watch over you.”
 
“Can't, he won't let me.” Harry muttered tiredly. Remus pulled him into a hug.
 
“It's okay cub, it'll be over soon.” Remus murmured, holding him tightly.
 
Harry forced his face to remain blank as he watched Remus collapse lifeless to the floor, Wormtail's silver hand still halfway through his chest. Without a thought Harry's hands flashed through the seals of his most recently learnt jutsu.
 
Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu.” He watched as Wormtail died and then turned back to the fight, ignoring the pain in his heart. He hadn't wanted to use any jutsu's yet but his body had reacted because of Itachi's training. At least the traitor was finally dead, he would mourn Moony later; either that or he'd be joining him. Harry pushed those thoughts away as he dodged a killing curse, sending one of his own back. His use of a jutsu had brought an advantage, those Death Eaters close enough to see what he'd done had been shocked into stillness for a few precious seconds, enough that most had fallen to a barrage of curses.
 
Harry dodged and then jumped, using chakra to run up the wall and out of range, trying to get his breath back. It had been three days of near non-stop fighting since the wards had fallen, two days since Moony's death. Now he was finally facing his enemy. Tom had blocked them from the rest of the fighters and Harry wasn't about to complain. It would be easier to fight without worrying about being hit from behind. Both sides had suffered heavy losses, the most painful the many students who had been killed while the Ministry forces had been trying to get in, despite Harry and Draco's efforts to distract the Death Eaters. He smiled slightly as he saw Hermione and Draco fighting back to back to protect a group of first years that looked a bit the worse for wear but otherwise unharmed.
 
“I do not know how you are doing that Potter but it will not save you.” Tom hissed.
 
“All it has to do is buy me time Tom.”
 
“Do not call e that! I am Lord Voldemort!”
 
“No, you're just a pathetic little half-blood who can't accept what he is. Because of that you've torn about this world and tried to destroy another. How many people have you killed Tom? How many innocents whose only crime was that they weren't magical?”
 
“Innocents? They are not innocent!”
 
“What? Because your father abandoned you? Because you were treated badly at the orphanage? Grow up Tom; you're not the only one who had a bad childhood. There are tons of people out there who had worse. You don't see them trying to take over the world!” Well his plan was definitely working, Tom was getting madder by the minute. Harry stumbled slightly as the wall he was standing on shook, they had to end this soon, the castle had taken too much damage. He could feel Hogwarts spirit screaming in pain as spell after spell hit her walls. Sometimes he hated being so in tune with magic. With a thought he summoned Gryffindors sword and dropped from the wall to land silently behind his nemesis. Only incredible reflexes allowed the older wizard to dodge what would have been a killing blow. He blocked a curse wit the blade and then attacked. He had to immobilise Tom and fast. He winced as part of the ceiling collapsed, taking out a few wizards but he didn't have time to worry about whose side they'd been on.
 
Harry forced himself back to his feet, ignoring the blood trickling from his wounds and instead staring in shock at the body in front of him. Tom's shield had dropped ten minutes ago, making their fight more difficult as they now had to dodge spells thrown by multiple attackers. Lucius Malfoy had taken advantage of that fact and only Draco's throwing himself in front of Harry had saved the other wizard. Harry shook off his shock and shoved his rage and grief deep down, forcing himself to remain calm and focused. He was vaguely aware of Hermione in the background and could remember hearing her scream when Draco had fallen but none of that was important right now. He stared at Lucius and the older wizard smirked, uncaring that he'd jus killed his only child. Harry whispered a little known curse that he'd found in the black library, Malfoy Snr, would not be leaving alive. With that knowledge secure in his mind he turned back to his battle.
 
“What, no tears for the bravely fallen friend?” Tom taunted and Harry smiled grimly.
 
“Battle is no time for tears Tom.” With that they were once again going all out. Half an hour later Harry smiled and his hands flashed through the same seals he'd used two days ago. Tom was down, the back of his legs slashed by a lucky blow from Harry's sword.
 
“Goodbye Tom. Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu.” Harry watched impassively as the so-called Dark Lord burned. As Tom Riddle's spirit finally left the mortal plane every living Death Eater dropped, dead before they hit the ground. There were a few shocked looks when Severus was not among them, no one outside their tight knit group had known about Harry removing is Mark. Shouts of joy went up only to turn to screams of terror as the castle lost her fight and began to fully collapse. Although nearly dead on his feet from exhaustion Harry reached for his magic and that of the castle, weaving them together to strengthen the building for just a little longer.
“Everyone run! The castle won't last long.” There was no argument as people began levitating the wounded and running for the doors. Only two paused as they noticed Harry hadn't moved.
 
“Harry run!” He smiled sadly.
 
“I can't Mione, I'm the only thing holding this castle up. Go!”
 
“No!” She screamed, tears flowing freely.
“I won't lose you too!”
 
“Mione.” Harry whispered sadly. Severus met his eyes and nodded, giving the teen a small sad yet proud smile. He stunned the young witch and then took off as fast as he could. Harry closed his eyes, still smiling sadly as he waited for the last survivors to leave. As he felt his two friends leave he released his hold on the magic and simply stood there calmly as pieces of his beloved home began to rain down around him. He looked up at a loud crack and watched as a large piece of the ceiling plummeted towards him.
“Goodbye.” He whispered sadly and closed his eyes, waiting for death. Instead he felt fiery warmth encircle him and then pain like nothing he'd ever felt before. Thankfully he passed out after mere seconds.
 
End Dream
 
Kakashi looked down at the teen, knowing there wasn't much he could do for him. He would talk when he was ready, hopefully. To his utter shock he found himself almost wishing for Harry to dream of Itachi. That was something he'd never thought he'd do but the teen needed comforting and for some reason the Uchiha seemed to genuinely care about him.
 
“Come on, let's get you back to bed.” Harry didn't protest but he didn't help either, leading to Kakashi carrying him back to his room. He didn't know what had happened but it must have been bad. He felt sorry for the boy, thrust into a strange world with his only long-term friend being an enemy of his new ones after having been in what must have been a cataclysmic battle. The teen acted old for his age but he was still only a boy, only a few years older than his team. Harry just continued to stare blankly ahead, lost in his memories.
“Call me if you need me.” With that Kakashi went back to his room but he didn't sleep for the rest of the night.
 
---------------------------------------------
“He remembers.” Tsunade looked up at Kakashi.
“It may have been better if he didn't.”
 
“Why?” She asked.
 
“Because all he has done since is stare at the wall or whatever else is in front of him. It's been two days now and there's no change.”
 
“Is he sleeping at all?”
 
“No.”
 
“Give him another two days, if there's still no change bring him to the hospital. Perhaps you should have your team visit. They may be able to snap him out of it.”
 
“Yes Hokage.” He bowed and left. Tsunade downed her drink. Whatever had happened to bring the by to their world must have been bad to cause such a reaction. She only hoped that Harry didn't react to Sasuke as if he were Itachi, that would complicate things even further.
 
------------------------
“Kakashi-sensei, you're early?” Sakura asked in surprise.
 
“Where's Harry? Isn't he watching today?” Naruto asked, obviously disappointed.
 
“I need to talk to you three about Harry.” Kakashi said carefully.
 
“What is it? Is he hurt?”
 
“In a way. A few days ago Harry remembered what happened to him.”
 
“That's good isn't it?” Sakura asked.
 
“Yes, but the memories appear to have been too traumatic. Harry has retreated into his own mind. For the last two days there has been no reaction from him.” Even Sasuke seemed worried, not that his expression showed it.
“The Hokage suggested the three of you visit him so that is what we will be doing today. Would you do that?”
 
“We have to help Harry!” Naruto cried. Sakura nodded and Sasuke just shrugged as if to say he had nothing better to do.
 
“What should we do?” Sakura asked as they walked towards Kakashi's apartment.
 
“Just act normal, talk to him. Try to get him to respond.” The three teens nodded. Before they knew it they were at the apartment.
“Harry's room is the second door on the right.” Kakashi watched them walk down the hall, hoping this would work. He'd grown to honestly like Harry and didn't want to see him hospitalised for this. The odds of him ever coming out again weren't good. He didn't want to think about what would happen when Itachi found out.
 
“Hey Harry!” Naruto called out as they entered the room. He hesitated when he saw the older teen just lying on the bed, staring blankly at the wall. Sasuke pushed him further into the room so that he and Sakura could get in as well. They'd never been in Harry's room before; then again they hadn't been in the apartment before either. It was a nice room and Kakashi had obviously made the effort to brighten it up for Harry since the blinds and window were open and some fresh flowers were on the bedside table, placed nicely between photos. It was obvious Kakashi had been caring for him, his pyjamas were fresh and his hair had been combed. Naruto hesitated before bouncing onto the bed beside Harry but the teen still didn't react.
“Kakashi-sensei said you were sad so he sent us to cheer you up. Harry? Come on talk to us, please?” Naruto was scared, though he wouldn't admit it. Harry was his friend and he didn't like seeing him like this. Sure, he was used to seeing his friends injured but not like this.
“He was actually early to our meeting today Harry. You must be rubbing off on him.” Naruto looked to the others for help.
 
“I saw Iruka-sensei yesterday, he asked about you.” Sakura said but there was still no reaction. Sasuke moved so that he was standing in front of Harry.
 
“Wake up Harry, please.” The last was said softly enough that his teammates didn't hear him. Despite his efforts he liked the older teen. He was usually so cheerful but Sasuke had seen the old pain and grief in his eyes. Harry had seen some painful things but had been able to move past them and continue with his life, something he almost envied him for. Of course he doubted it was as bad as what he'd seen. The three stayed for several hours, just talking about anything and everything but there was no response. Sakura was the last to leave. She reached out and touched Harry's hand softly.
 
“Please come back Harry, people need you.” She went to leave but paused as she heard something.
 
“Itachi.” She froze at the sound of Sasuke's brother's name coming from the still figure on the bed.
 
“Harry?” She moved back to the bed and was surprised to see his eyes closed in sleep. Smiling slightly she left the room, but she couldn't forget what she'd heard. Maybe she had heard wrong? After all the whisper had been barely audible, he could have said anything. Kakashi watched her as she left the room.
“He's asleep sensei.” Kakashi's visible eye widened.
 
“Asleep?” She nodded.
 
“He said something just before that. It was a whisper so I barely noticed it. Kakashi-sensei, it sounded like he said Itachi.” He smiled behind his mask, perhaps the teen would dream tonight. At least Sasuke and Naruto had already left.
 
“I doubt that was what he said Sakura but at least he said something and is asleep. Perhaps he will have improved when he wakes up. I'll let you all know.”
 
“Yes sensei. Goodnight.”
 
---------------------------------------
Itachi looked around the glade but he couldn't see Harry anywhere.
 
“Harry?” He started wandering around but froze as he heard something.
“Harry?” He called again and then he heard the sound again. It was a whimper. Following it he broke into a run as he saw the figure laying on the grass, curled up in a ball. His heart was pounding in fear; please don't let them have done something to Harry because of me, he thought as he ran. He dropped to his knees and reached out to his friend. The teen screamed and scrabbled away.
“Harry, please. It's me, Itachi.” He reached out again and grabbed Harry even as he tried to move away. He held him gently as he fought to get away.
“Harry, shhh, it's okay. It's just me, you're safe.” He relaxed as Harry began to still in his arms and relax. He kissed the top of his head softly, just glad to see him again. He had been getting ready to sneak into Konoha if Harry hadn't shown up soon. He just kept talking to him as Harry slowly calmed down.
 
“Itachi?” He smiled softly and hugged Harry tighter.
 
“I'm here.” Harry twisted in his arms and hugged him back. Itachi felt moisture begin to soak into his shirt and realised Harry was crying.
“What happened? Harry did they do something to you?” He felt Harry shake his head against his chest and relaxed slightly.
“Harry please tell me.”
 
“I remember.” Itachi froze and then gently raised Harry's head. He bent his head down and kissed him gently.
“The rat killed Moony, he shoved that stupid silver hand right into his chest. He screamed so loudly.” Harry sobbed and Itachi pulled him into his chest again. He knew how much the werewolf had meant to him.
“I killed him, didn't give him the chance to do anything. I used katon on him and he burned. So many people died. I killed…” Itachi let him take his time. He hated the fact that Harry had been forced to kill like that but there hadn't been any other choice.
“Draco took a killing curse for me from his own father while I was fighting Tom. I killed Lucius and went back to fighting Tom. I…I acted like it didn't matter; like I didn't care that one of my best friends had just died. I had to, couldn't let him use it against me but it hurts so much!” Itachi could do nothing but hold him, letting him know he was there for him, no matter what.
“I killed him, I fulfilled that stupid prophecy. Cut his legs so he couldn't move and then did the same thing I did to the rat. He burned and all the death eaters died, they just fell down, dead. But the castle had taken too much damage. I managed to reinforce it with my magic, long enough for the others. Severus had to stun Mione to get her to leave; she refused to leave me behind. But I couldn't leave or everyone would of died. When they were out I just let go. There was a piece of the roof falling straight at me, it got hot and it hurt, so much. I should be dead, why aren't I dead?”
 
“Don't say that Harry. You can't die. I need you. I…I love you.” Harry jerked back, staring at Itachi with wide, panicked eyes.
 
“What?”
 
“I love you Harry. If you had died I don't know what I would do.”
 
“You love me?” Harry was calming down, staring at Itachi with the most beautiful look of wonder that the older man had ever seen.
 
“Yes, I love you.” Itachi fell back as Harry threw himself onto him, hugging him tightly.
 
“Love you too.” Itachi smiled at the quiet declaration.
“Don't leave me.” Itachi hugged him back just as tightly.
 
“Never by choice.” He promised. He couldn't promise Harry he'd never leave him; he was a hunted criminal after all. One day his luck would run out.
“Grieve for then Harry, grieve and move on. Don't let them take you from me, from anyone who cares about you. You did what you had to do; the Death Eaters had long made their choice. Don't let guilt destroy you.” Itachi whispered as he held the teen close. He smiled softly as he saw Harry had fallen asleep in his arms.
“Sleep well love.” He moved them slightly, getting comfortable before drifting further into sleep himself.
 
------------------------
Kakashi stood in the doorway to the kitchen in shock, surely he was seeing things?
 
“Morning. Eggs good?”
 
“Harry?” Kakashi asked to make sure he wasn't seeing things. The teen had been pretty much catatonic and now he was cooking breakfast?
 
“I'm okay Kakashi. Not better but I'll get there.” Harry gave him a small but genuine smile.
 
“Good dreams?” Harry's smile widened.
 
“Yeah. So, eggs?”
 
“Sounds good.” Kakashi sat down and they ate breakfast together in silence, but it was comfortable. Next time he saw Itachi he would have to thank him, before killing or capturing him.
“Feel up to joining us this morning?” He asked as he cleaned the dishes.
 
“Sure. Let me grab a shower and I'll be ready.”
 
“No rush, we have plenty of time.” Kakashi pulled his book out only to be left blinking in shock as it disappeared. He looked up to see Harry holding it as if it were poisonous. How?
 
“You get this back if we are on time to meet them. Otherwise this will remain safely hidden.” Harry stated and disappeared into his room. Kakashi smiled behind his mask; yep Harry was on the mend.
 
----------------------
“HARRY!” Two shouts were heard and then the poor teen was on the ground, a hyperactive blond on top of him.
 
“Naruto please get up, I can't breathe.” Harry wheezed out. The blond pulled back sheepishly.
 
“You're okay now?” Harry smiled at Naruto.
 
“I'm okay.” He ruffled the blond hair as he got up. He wasn't incredibly tall for his age but he was still considerably taller than the younger teen.
“Kakashi said you guys came to see me, thanks.”
 
“Well, now that Harry's fine let's get back to training. Sasuke, you and Sakura please. Harry, why don't we have a spar? See what you know.” The four stared at Kakashi in shock.
 
“How about no. I'm not suicidal.”
 
“Kakashi-sensei you can't be serious! You could kill or hurt him!” Sakura stood up for the young wizard.
 
“I wouldn't go all out. He does have some training.”
 
“Yeah but…Fine. But I end up in hospital again and you're cooking your own meals, permanently.” Harry threatened. He slipped out of the jacket he'd been wearing to free up his movements. It may be summer but the mornings were still a little chilly sometimes.
 
“Naruto give him your weapons.” The teen removed his kunai and shuriken holsters and tossed them to Harry. Harry put them on, showing he had training in that at least.
“We'll stick to taijutsu since you don't know many jutsu's. Just do your best.” Harry nodded and slid into a defensive stance. They stared at each other, neither moving and Kakashi was impressed, most beginners would have rushed to attack by now. Then again an Uchiha had trained him. Deciding to really get the fight started he attacked. To his surprise Harry dodged easily, the teen was certainly fast. Then again he would probably have to be to survive Itachi's training. Knowing the missing-nin part of that training had probably included dodging attacks from various thrown weapons. Kakashi kept on the offensive and Harry continued to dodge. Seeing that he upped his speed. Harry shot him an annoyed look as a few of his hits began landing, Kakashi just grinned. He was surprised to see that so far Harry was at genin level, not quite up to some of the current ones level but still good. Itachi had obviously focused on this part of his training almost to the exclusion of all others. Kakashi suddenly found himself on the ground and quickly got to his feet. His thoughts had obviously wandered a little too much and Harry had managed to land a blow. The teen sent him a look.
 
“I know I'm not that good but you could do me the curtesy of actually paying attention to what we're doing.”
 
“Actually you are good considering how much formal training you have. Your taijutsu is at genin level.” Harry looked surprised at that and Kakashi took the opportunity to attack. Harry snapped out of his daze instantly and dodged the kick but he got hit by Kakashi's fist, falling backwards. He twisted mid fall and managed to turn it into a roll. Kakashi fell back as he saw Harry wince and his hand go towards his ribs. Kakashi wasn't aiming to hurt him, he knew Harry's threat was serious plus the teen had been out of it for a few days. To his surprise Harry straightened and smiled at him, motioning for him to continue.
 
Harry smiled at the look of surprise. That hit had hurt but all he'd done was force some magic into his ribs and now they were healed. It was an interesting ability he had discovered as a child and had hidden from everyone except Severus, Draco and Itachi. It was what had enabled him to survive his years at the Dursley's and the various fights with Tom and his followers. He watched as Kakashi pulled a kunai and did the same, once again waiting for the other man to come to him. He knew he was going to lose, there was no way he was a match for a jounin, especially one with Kakashi's reputation but he was determined to do his best and to learn while doing it. That was the problem with having access to only one trainer. Harry and Itachi had learnt how to read each other's moves while now Harry had no idea what his opponent would do next. Add to that the fact that he was beginning to tire and he knew the match wouldn't last much longer.
 
“You okay Harry?” Naruto called. A hand was raised and waved in his general direction in answer. Harry had been right, the match had only lasted another five minutes and now the young wizard was lying in the grass, five feet from where he'd been only a few seconds before. He tried to sit up and winced, once again pushing magic into his injuries and healing them nearly instantly. He rolled to his feet and walked back to the group. He could feel Kakashi's surprise, the man obviously knew how hard he'd hit Harry and couldn't figure out how he was moving without pain.
 
“I'm fine Naruto. Just a bit tired. That was fun Kakashi, not a suicidal as I thought it would be.” Harry grinned at the confused man and gave him a look that said he'd tell him later. Kakashi nodded.
 
“Sakura, aren't you and Sasuke meant to be sparring?” Kakashi asked the teen and she blushed.
 
“I think we distracted them.” Harry commented as he went to where he usually sat to watch or read. Naruto joined him and they watched the other two genin fight.
 
“You did great Harry.” Naruto grinned at him and Harry grinned back.
 
“Thanks.” He leant back against the tree, he was honestly tired.
 
“Maybe you could ask to finish your training? I bet you'd make a great ninja.” Harry looked at Naruto.
 
“Thanks but…there's some stuff you don't Naruto. Reasons why that wouldn't work.” Harry smiled at the younger teen and then closed his eyes, working through his occulmency exercises to try and sort his thoughts and emotions out. Having a fun spar now and then was one thing; training to fight again was another. If it came down to it Harry knew he could kill again to defend an innocent or someone he cared about but he couldn't do it just because he was ordered too. He could feel Kakashi watching him but ignored him, falling into a light meditative trance. This was the first time he'd gone this far since arriving in Itachi's world and what he found made him gasp and break his trance.
 
“Harry? What is it? Are you hurt?” Harry opened his eyes to see Naruto staring at him in concern and that Kakashi had moved closer.
 
“It's nothing Naruto, I'm fine.” He gave the other teen an honest smile and he nodded, turning back to watching his teammates.
 
“Harry?” Kakashi asked softly.
 
“It's nothing, just got a surprise that's all.” From Kakashi's look he knew the older man didn't fully believe him and he sighed.
“Later, please?” Kakashi looked at for a few seconds before nodding. Harry once again let his thoughts drift, no wonder he liked this world so much. Without witches and wizards to pull on it the magic here was wild, untamed, and infinitely more vast and powerful than back home. He was going to have to be very careful trying any spells that pulled magic from the environment until he got used to it or else they could backfire rather painfully or end up doing what he wanted, just to a far greater degree.
 
---------------------------------
Harry put the plates on the table and took his usual seat. There was pressure to the silence tonight and he knew Kakashi wanted answers.
 
“I have a rather unique ability, at least that was what I was told. I doubt I'd still be alive if it weren't for said ability. I can channel raw magic to my wounds and use it to heal them. I did it instinctively as a child and it wasn't until I was fifteen that I finally worked out why I healed so quickly. After that I trained myself to do it at a conscious level so that wounds would heal almost instantaneously. Really comes in handy when you have my luck for trouble. As for the other thing, that was the first time I've gone so far in my occulmency exercises since arriving, I wasn't expecting what I found. Itachi thought your world had no magic, boy was he ever wrong. Without people like me it's wild and so much more powerful than what it was back home. If I tried a spell that uses magic from the environment I don't want to think about what it might do. I could do a lot of damage without meaning too.”
 
“What exactly are people like you? You've never said and I couldn't exactly ask Itachi.”
 
“I'm a Wizard, a half-blood if you want to get technical. There are two separate societies back home, the magical and the muggle. A Wizard or Witch is someone with an innate ability to do magic, both of my parents could but my mother's family couldn't. It's not the same as chakra, Itachi and I tested that theory, and he doesn't have a magical bone in his body. You can do so many things with magic, some good, some bad. It's funny, I was portrayed as the symbol of the light and yet technically I'd be classed as a Dark Wizard these days. A lot of my people confused Dark with evil and that caused a lot of problems.” Harry got a distant look and Kakashi decided to bring him back.
 
“Can you show me something?” Harry nodded and picked up the chopsticks he'd been using. He focused his magic and then handed the small rabbit over. Kakashi studied it closely. He hadn't felt any chakra being used so he had to assume it was magic.
 
“That is a real rabbit, surprised that worked that well. Transfiguration isn't my best subject area.” Harry shrugged.
 
“What is your best?” He handed the rabbit back and Harry reversed the spell.
 
“Defence Against the Dark Arts and surprisingly the Dark Arts themselves, though I avoid using them as much as possible. Dark Magic is addictive if you're not careful. My whole life I was being trained for war, even if I didn't realise it at first. The light wanted me as their weapon and I went along with it to a certain extent.”
 
“Against another Wizard, what would you rank? Use our ranking system.” He could see Harry thinking about it.
 
“Got anything above kage?” Kakashi's jaw dropped, making him very thankful for his mask. The kid was as powerful as Tsunade or Orochimaru?
“They say I'm the most powerful Wizard since Merlin himself, maybe even more powerful. There are those who'd kill to have my power and I'd give it up in a second to have one minute with my family. I can't use it all yet, not even half of it. I'll have to wait till……. Oh shit.” Harry paled.
 
“What?”
 
“My majority, it's when the rest of my magic will be, released for lack of a better word.”
 
“And that's a problem why?”
 
“Because it has to be done in a heavily warded room or the results to my surroundings could be catastrophic. We had a room ready at Severus' family home but that isn't exactly an option anymore. Add to that the more wild magic here and we have a major problem.”
 
“When is your majority?” Harry turned to look at the calendar.
 
“A week.”
 
“We need to see the Hokage.” Kakashi stated and Harry nodded.
 
TBC…