Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
See, I didn't kill everyone off, just Moony and Draco plus all the DE's and obviously some unnamed good guys.
Someone asked about the magic and why they don't have wizards or something similar. The reason is that both worlds have magic and chakra but they each discovered a different one. Hence Harry's ability to use chakra once shown how. There would be people with magical potential in Naruto's world but they do not know how to tap it. At least, that's my reasoning.
As for how powerful Harry is, I made his majority 18 because I needed him to have to truly fight to beat Tom, couldn't make it easy or he wouldn't have been needing a way out of a deadly situation. After he is 18 he will have power equivalent to the three sannins (spelling? I've seen it with an a or an e), maybe slightly more but nowhere near say the Kyuubi's before it was sealed.
There was also a question about Kakashi and Harry's relationship. I'm aiming at a brotherly relationship between them.
 
 
Chapter 9
 
 
Harry paced the room out of agitation. He'd finally told Tsunade and Kakashi everything and the two were in the other room discussing it. He hated to admit it but he was scared about what would happen now. Would she decide he was too dangerous and kick him out or worse? He didn't want to leave. In the month since he'd woken in the hospital he'd found a home in Konoha. He couldn't bare being forced from another home. He didn't want to leave Kakashi, Iruka, Sasuke, Naruto or Sakura. They were all special to him in their own ways. The younger three were becoming younger siblings while Iruka was a mentor and friend. He wasn't sure about Kakashi but they seemed to be settling into almost a sibling/friend relationship. He's never had an older brother but Kakashi did a good job of acting the annoying part that went with the job. He could practically feel the amusement coming from the two ANBU guards as he continued to pace. They thought he was just a civilian traveller that had been found in the forest. He knew they'd be a lot more alert and cautious if they knew who and what he really was.
 
“Harry, come back in.” He took a deep breath and opened the door, slipping into the Hokage's office. He took the indicated seat and forced himself to relax.
“I understand why you didn't tell us everything at first so I'm not mad about that. I can also understand your reasoning for not wanting to complete your Shinobi training, however I do believe it would be beneficial for you to do so. I could arrange a private teacher so you wouldn't have to go to the Academy with children far younger than you and there are genins older than you. Even if you chose to never advance further than genin at least your training would be more well rounded than it currently is. As for your Majority we will have to work quickly to prepare. How bad do you think it could be?”
 
“Bad. The magic here is wilder and there is a lot more of it. I don't know how it will react to mine once the blocks are gone. From what I was told then we're looking at a lot of damage. The warded room isn't just to protect the things around me though; it is also to protect me as the magic is released. The idea is to slow the process enough that it doesn't well, kill me painfully. I have some of the spells and stuff in my workbook since we had to change them slightly for me but I don't know if they'll be enough. It would be safer if this was done far from any towns or people, just in case.” Tsunade nodded.
 
“How long will it take to prepare the area as much as possible?”
 
“The sooner I can start the better.”
 
“Very well. Pack what you'll need. Kakashi you'll go with him as will your team.” She raised a hand as Harry went to protest.
“Sakura is my apprentice, you may need her skills as a medic after this. It is too dangerous for you to travel alone. When the time comes they will leave to what you think is a safe distance but until then they will stay with you. If things go badly you will need them to get you back here. Understood?” Harry swallowed and nodded.
 
“Yes ma'am.”
 
“Good. Kakashi inform your team they have an A-ranked mission.”
 
“A-ranked?” Harry asked.
 
“If they can't get far enough before it begins.” Harry nodded and the two left the office. Tsunade watched them go, still thinking over what Harry had told her. He would make a good addition to the village and she was beginning to think he could really be trusted but she still didn't like his ties to Itachi. She had the feeling there was more to it than Harry was saying and that worried her.
 
------------------------------
The three genins were waiting at the gates for the sensei. He'd shown up, told them to pack for a mission, given them the time and then vanished. None of them liked not knowing what the mission was, or even its rank. They watched as Kakashi walked into view with Harry by his side.
 
“Harry! You came to see us off!” Naruto yelled, hugging the older teen.
 
“No, I'm coming with you.” Harry gently removed Naruto before he lost the ability to breath.
 
“What? Isn't that dangerous?” Sakura asked and Harry winced.
 
“Come on, we need to go.” Kakashi ushered them out of the gates.
“Can you run in the trees?” Harry nodded and followed them up into the branches. He wasn't quite as good as them but he still managed to keep up.
 
“What is the mission Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked as they left Konoha behind.
 
“Do you want to tell them?” Kakashi asked and Harry shook his head. The three genin exchanged looks.
“Right, we are to escort Harry to the remotest area we can find, help him set up and then retreat to the minimum distance he gives us. After that we are to wait for at least six hours before going back for him. At this point your skills as a medic will most likely be needed Sakura.” The three teens stared at their two older companions in confusion.
“This is an A-ranked mission.” Kakashi added almost as an after thought.
 
“I don't understand.” Naruto was looking between the two as they ran through the trees. Harry looked at Kakashi before moving so that he was running beside Naruto.
 
“I…have abilities, different to yours. When I hit eighteen they will be fully unlocked. We were prepared for it back home but circumstances have made my being there for this impossible. There wasn't enough time to prepare a room in Konoha and ensure there would be no risk to the village. That's why we are coming out here. When the time comes you have to stay away until Kakashi says its safe, no matter what you see or hear.”
 
“Will it hurt?” Naruto asked, concerned for his friend.
 
“A lot. I…if worse comes to worse it could kill me.” Harry looked away from the pained look on Naruto's face.
 
“Then why are you doing this!?”
 
“This isn't something I have a say in Naruto. It will happen wether I want it to or not. All I can do is try to make sure no one else gets hurt.” Harry shrugged slightly.
“This is what I am, I can't change that.” They had stopped running and Harry pulled Naruto into a hug.
 
“I don't want you to die!” Harry smiled sadly at the blond; he was still so innocent in many ways despite his training and life.
 
“I know and I am going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen. Sakura's here to help me afterwards. There's nothing else that can be done.” Harry started moving again; fully aware of the way the others were watching him as they travelled.
 
------------------------------------
Harry clung to Itachi as they lay beneath their tree. The older man was hiding his fear well but inside he was a mess. In three days he could lose his love permanently. Harry had told him the general direction they'd had been heading in and he figured that if he ran flat out he could catch up before it was time for Harry to be left but that would only lead to a fight. Unless…
 
“Harry ask to talk to Kakashi alone, see if he's willing to look the other way if I show up.” Harry sat up and stared at Itachi as if he'd lost his mind.
 
“Are you crazy? He'd have to try to capture you, or worse! And what if Sasuke saw you?”
 
“Harry you could die! I just want.” Itachi took a deep breath.
“I want the chance to hold you for real even if its just once. Kakashi knows this could kill you, he may agree to give us this.”
 
“He doesn't know about us! They think we're just friends!”
 
“Even then, don't we deserve to see each other once?”
 
“You're not going to give up on this are you?” Harry grumbled and Itachi smiled down at him fondly.
 
“No. Either way I'm coming. I don't want to find out just because I never dream like this again. I can mask my presence from them.”
 
“Just stay away while it's happening. I don't want you to get hurt.”
 
“I promise.” Itachi kissed him gently but Harry pulled him closer, deepening the kiss desperately. Itachi lay back, pulling Harry down on top of him as they continued to kiss and cuddle, trying to make as many happy memories just in case this was all Itachi would soon have.
 
“Love you.” Itachi smiled at the quiet declaration.
 
“Love you too.” He whispered back words he'd never thought he'd be able to say to someone.
 
---------------------------------
Kakashi kept an eye on Harry as they backed up the camp and got ready for the days travel. He had the feeling Harry had dreamed last night and whatever had happened between him and Itachi had him on edge. He didn't like the way the teen kept glancing his way while chewing his lip, an obvious sign of nervousness. Harry usually had better control of his emotions than that. He wasn't surprised when Harry approached him and asked to talk to him alone. He sent the other three on ahead and waited for Harry to talk.
 
“I know there's no way you can say yes, I'm only asking because Itachi was adamant and he is great at distracting me and you really don't need to hear that…” Kakashi couldn't help a flash of amusement as Harry babbled nervously.
“Itachi's coming. He wants to know if you'd be willing to look the other way for a bit. I…the chances of my surviving this aren't good. We've never even seen each other for real, you know?” Harry looked away but not before Kakashi noticed the sparkle of unshed tears.
 
“Harry, how close are the two of you. Honestly.” Harry's head snapped back around and he opened and closed his mouth a few times before suddenly finding the ground fascinating.
 
“I love him and he loves me.” Harry answered softly. Kakashi sighed, that complicated matters.
 
“Why didn't you tell the Hokage or me earlier?” Harry shrugged.
“He is a missing-nin Harry, a criminal. I can't ignore his presence.” The teen nodded sadly. Kakashi looked at him and came to a decision that if any one ever learned of could get him in a lot of trouble.
“However, if I don't know he's there then I have nothing to report and no reason to act, do I?” Harry's head snapped up and he stared at Kakashi in shocked hope.
“He can not be seen Harry and if he tries anything…”
 
“He won't. I…thank you Kakashi.” Harry hugged the older man to his surprise.
 
“We better get moving before the brats get worried.” Harry nodded and they were off. If Harry couldn't stop grinning the entire day no one said anything.
 
-----------------------------------
Harry stretched; glad to finally be able to stand after having been bending over for so long. There was a reason he hadn't taken Ancient Runes, they were interesting but using them was a pain, literally. At least he was finally done. The clearing was as good as it was going to get, all that was left was for him to activate the wards once he was inside the circle but that wouldn't happen until tomorrow night. He packed his supplies up carefully and got ready to head back to the temporary camp but froze as he sensed he was no longer alone. It was too risky to try a spell with all the wards he'd placed so his hand slipped down to the kunai holster Kakashi had convinced him to wear for the trip.
 
“Would you really use that on me?” Harry spun, bag falling from his hand as he stared into the trees wildly. Was it?
 
“Itachi?” He called hesitantly and tensed as a figure dropped to the ground. He relaxed as the figures face was revealed and then he was running across the grass. Itachi caught him easily, holding him tightly for several long minutes before pulling back. They studied each other silently, noting the few differences from how they appeared in their dreams.
“This is real right? I didn't fall asleep without noticing?” Itachi smiled down at him.
 
“I'm really here Harry. Kisame is nearby keeping an eye on Kakashi and the kids to make sure we're not caught.” Harry nodded, stepping back into his arms.
 
“I've wanted this for so long.” Harry whispered before stretching up to kiss him.
“They know not to expect me back till morning. How long can you stay?”
 
“As long as you want. We'll be as close as we can until this is all over.” Harry nodded before taking Itachi's hand and pulling him to the edge of the trees farthest from the camp. They settled against the base of a tree, content to lay in each others arms quietly for a while, occasionally exchanging gentle kisses.
 
“Can we…I've never….” Harry stammered and blushed slightly. He took a deep breath and tried again.
“Make love to me? Please?” Itachi's eyes widened at the soft question. He moved so that he could see directly into Harry's eyes. The emerald orbs were filled with love, determination and fear, but fear of what he was asking or what was going to happen tomorrow night?
 
“Harry…”
 
“Please? I'm sure about this Itachi. Tomorrow I might…this way we both get good memories in case, right? And even if I don't we may never see each other like this again.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Positive.” Harry moved so that their lips met. He knew what he wanted and it was Itachi. He'd never felt like this about anyone before. That thing with Cho had been a simple schoolboy crush; heck it didn't really even count as that much. Itachi stood and pulled Harry further past the tree line just in case, last thing he needed was his partner or his little brother stumbling across them! Itachi glared at the hard ground and Harry smirked. With a muttered word there was a comfortable mattress for them to use. Itachi gently pushed Harry down onto the mattress, they had all night so he planned to take things slowly and thoroughly enjoy himself. And from the look on Harry's face he had the same idea. They continued kissing for some time, hands roaming underneath clothes until Itachi eventually pulled Harry's shirt off and froze in shock. Harry paled and tried to pull away but Itachi stopped him. Harry looked down in shame; refusing to look up at what he was sure was an expression of disgust.
 
“Who did this to you?” Harry still refused to look at him and pulled away, wrapping his arms around his chest.
“Harry.” Itachi reached out and Harry flinched. He moved, faster than Harry could dodge and pulled the teen into his arms. Harry began to fight his hold, tears streaming down his face but Itachi refused to let go.
“I love you, no matter what. They don't matter, don't change anything.” He murmured, trying to calm Harry before he made enough noise to alert someone to his presence. Itachi had to push his anger aside to comfort him, how could anyone have done such a thing to Harry? He kissed Harry's hair gently, waiting for him to calm down and gently ran his fingers over the scars. Scars that spelled words, he didn't have to know the language to know they were not kind.
“What do they say love, tell me please.”
 
“Fr..freak, murderer, monster…” Harry trailed off and Itachi held him tighter.
 
“Don't you dare believe that.” He hissed in his loves ear.
“You are none of those things. The person who did that to you, they are the monster. You understand?” Itachi gently tilted Harry's face up so that tear filled green met his. Harry stared at him for a while as if unable to believe what he'd said before slowly nodding. Itachi smiled and then kissed him hard. Harry flinched slightly as Itachi moved, gently kissing all of the scars. The words weren't the only scars Harry's body held, some were from training and various fights while others had obviously been made under more painful circumstances but Itachi kissed them all lovingly, never flinching away from the sight and slowly Harry relaxed and began to enjoy himself again. He knew that this wouldn't cure Harry's fear of the scars being seen completely but it would go a long way top helping. He paused as he reached Harry's pants but the younger teen simply lifted his hips. Smiling Itachi removed the clothing and then let Harry do the same for him. Harry gasped at the first feel of bare skin meeting and Itachi kissed him again.
 
--------------------------------
“We need to get up.” Itachi murmured, nuzzling his lover's neck. That earnt him a sleepy sigh.
 
“Don't wanna.” Harry mumbled and Itachi laughed.
 
“Yes well I sure you want even less for Kakashi or my brother to find us like this.” Harry was up like a shot and dressed before Itachi could blink. With a wave of Harry's hand Itachi found himself dressed and their mattress gone. He smiled, magic sure made hiding things like this easier, there wasn't a single wrinkle in their clothes. He smiled at Harry and the younger teen threw himself into his arms, holding him tightly.
 
“I'm scared.” The wizard whispered.
 
“Everything will be fine, it has to be.” Itachi whispered and Harry nodded. They broke apart as Kisame appeared. Harry smiled at the other man and received one in return.
 
“Nice to finally meet you.” Harry said politely.
 
“You too. Never thought Itachi would find himself someone who could actually stand him.” Kisame grinned at his glaring partner.
“We've got to go. Kakashi is headed this way.” Itachi nodded and pulled Harry in for one last kiss.
 
“Be careful.” Harry whispered and Itachi was gone.
“Look after him if…?” Kisame nodded gravely and then vanished. Sighing Harry headed back to the clearing to meet Kakashi.
 
TBC…