Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
 
Chapter 1
 
 
Harry whistled as he walked down the streets, occasionally waving to some of the various people he was getting to know. His talk with the Hokage had gone well, she'd agreed that he could tell whoever he wanted the truth about himself as long as he was positive they could keep it secret. So know he was going to find Iruka since it was the older mans day off. When he'd told her who he wanted to tell Tsunade had decided Iruka needed a break from the Academy, therefore he was being assigned the mission of getting Harry up to at least Academy graduation standard in everything. Harry wasn't too sure how he felt about that. It meant that he'd be a Konoha ninja and would tie him to the village for life. Sure, if it came down to it he could probably fake his own death well enough to fool them but he didn't like they way it would be limiting his options. He knew Tsunade just wanted a way to make sure he would fight for Konoha other then his word and that she was looking out for the village as it was her responsibility and that it could be a lot worse but he hated people trying to control his life. He'd had enough of that thank you very much.
 
Harry sighed and then paused; looking into the alley he was in front of. He frowned as he made out several villagers and shinobi attacking something or someone. He slipped into the alley and worked his way closer trying to see what they were doing. What he saw made his blood boil and his magic snap at its bonds.
 
“LET HIM GO!” The group sprang back at the sound of Harry's voice, giving him his first clear view of the poor boy. Harry knew that at the moment he was probably a fairly intimidating sight but he didn't care. What gave these…these idiots the right to do something like this. Remembering what Itachi had taught him about killing intent he mentally smirked. He had been taught as a method of scaring Death Eaters and making them easier targets. With how mad he was at the moment, plus his magic swirling around him almost visibly it was enough to make even the seasoned ninja in the group pause.
“Now.” That he lowered to almost a hiss, being a parselmouth really came in handy for freaking people out. They slowly began moving away from the bloodied form as Harry began stalking closer. He pushed a little magic towards his eyes, making the emerald glow, giving them the look of a cat, a very pissed off radioactive one. The more cowardly villagers broke and ran but that still left a good-sized group. With everything Itachi had told him he didn't want to risk conjuring some snakes to scare them, he really didn't need to be connected to that Orochimaru idiot, why was it no matter where he was the bad guy had to have a snake obsession? It certainly made his life more difficult when people learnt about his `gift'. His hand almost slipped down to the kunai holster Kakashi had managed to get him to wear but he knew he was no match for them in a straight out fight so he had to scare them off. He took a deep breath and then raised silencing and notice me-not-charms around the alley, the last thing he needed was for anyone else to wander in to investigate. Harry smirked and a few shifted uncomfortable, not sure about what this unknown person was about to do. So Harry decided to not keep them in suspense any longer. He took a deep breath and unleashed his magic, being careful to protect their victim with several shielding spells.
 
-------------------------
Harry carefully lay his burden down before going into what he had rightly assumed to be the bathroom. He grabbed a rag and wet it before going back to the bed and carefully cleaning the blood from a whisker marked face. Even unconscious Naruto flinched back slightly.
 
“Shh, it's okay Naruto. You're safe now. I'll protect you.” He whispered, carefully channelling his magic into the boy's body to accelerate his healing. He was struggling to control his anger at what had been done to his friend. It had brought back many unpleasant memories from his own childhood at the mercy of his family and his cousin's gang. Harry carefully stripped the unconscious teen and slipped him into the nearby pyjamas before deciding to take a look around the apartment. He had been too worried about Naruto's condition when he'd arrived to really take any notice of the place, although he did plan to hex the woman downstairs later for what she'd said when Harry had asked for the apartment number. What he saw made his heart ache; no child should grow up in such conditions. It may be bigger than his cupboard but the whole apartment wasn't much bigger than Dursley's master bedroom. A quick check of the kitchen had him ready to do damage but he forced the emotions back. It took scant minutes to ward the apartment and then he apparated out and to the alley next to Kakashi's building. He left the alley and headed for the shops, specifically the grocers.
 
--------------------------------
Naruto blinked and sat up slowly, looking around in confusion. How had he gotten back to his apartment and into bed? The last thing he remembered was being in the alley and… He let the thought trail off not wanting to remember what had happened. He slipped out of bed and crept through the apartment. He followed his nose into the kitchenette and looked around. Seeing a note on the table with a small bottle next to it he picked the note up.
 
Naruto,
There's food warming in the oven, I expect it all to be eaten when I get back. The small bottle is a strong pain killer in case you need it. I had some errands to run but I'll be back in a few hours. As long as you stay inside the apartment you'll be safe till I get back.
Harry.
 
Naruto stared at the note in shock. Had Harry found him after they had left him? Or had he seen what had happened? Naruto went over to the oven and pulled out the most delicious smelling meal he'd ever seen. Smiling slightly he sat down and dug in. curious he picked up the bottle and took a sniff, nose scrunching up at the smell, he was glad the fox had taken care of his injuries, there was no way e wanted to have to drink something that smelt like that!
 
--------------------------------------------
Tsunade and Kakashi looked up as Harry stormed past the distressed guards, paying no attention to the two ANBU members. Tsunade waved them off and waited for Harry to speak, he was obviously very upset about something.
 
“Is it normal for the people of this village to go around attacking their own people?” Harry all but hissed in anger. Tsunade paled slightly; there was only one person she could think of that that would happen to.
 
“Who?”
 
“Naruto. I hate to think what else would have happened if I hadn't noticed! I left him in his apartment after warding the place heavily, no one but me is getting in there without my say so. I healed what I could and he's in no danger, now.”
 
“And his attackers?” Tsunade blinked at the vicious smirk on Harry's usually cheerful face.
 
“Will think twice about ever doing something like that again. I do not look kindly upon people who harm children.” Both shinobi could see the old pain in his eyes.
“I didn't hurt them, physically. Just gave them the scare of their lives.” Seeing something in the other twos faces he slumped into a chair.
“This isn't the first time he's been attacked is it? I've seen the way people look at him, what they say when they think he can't hear. Have you seen the food he has? Why? Why is he treated like this?” the anger had drained out of his voice leaving him tired. Tsunade and Kakashi exchanged looks, should they tell Harry the truth?
 
“Do you know what happened fourteen years ago?” Tsunade asked. Harry shook his head. So the two shinobi proceeded to explain exactly what had happened and what it meant for Naruto.
 
“Let me get this straight. The Hokage sealed the demon in Naruto when he was a baby and ever since then people have treated him as if he is the demon?” They nodded, not sure as to how Harry would react.
“How stupid are they?” Harry yelled and they relaxed, at least Harry seemed to not care about the Kyuubi being sealed in Naruto.
“Did they never stop and think that if, if Naruto were the demon then treating him the way they have would just get them massacred? Instead he's done everything he can to protect those bigoted idiotic morons!” Harry shook his head in disbelief at the stupidity of the villagers.
“I should have done more than just scare those freaks.” He muttered and Kakashi smiled slightly.
“Thank you for telling me Hokage. I better get back before Naruto goes stir crazy from being locked in.” With that Harry apparated from the office and straight into Naruto's apartment, leaving behind two surprised ninja's.
 
--------------------------
Naruto jumped, grabbing a kunai on instinct and throwing it towards the sound. He blushed sheepishly as he saw Harry dodge the weapon.
 
“Oops?” Harry smiled slightly and shook his head.
 
“My fault; should have used the door.” Harry studied him critically, making Naruto squirm slightly.
“You okay? Any pain?”
 
“I'm fine, I'm a fast healer.” Naruto answered nervously. Harry nodded and drew Naruto into a brief hug before steering him towards the old couch, pulling Naruto down beside him.
 
“Because of Kyuubi.” Harry stated quietly and Naruto tensed. He could feel the younger teens fear and closed his eyes in pain. He grabbed Naruto in a hug as the boy tried to bolt, pulling him into his lap and cradling him as if he were a child, knowing that like himself Naruto would not have received much physical affection as a child.
“It's okay Naruto. Tsunade told me after I told her about the attack. You are not responsible for what happened. It's okay little brother.” Naruto's head snapped around and he stared at Harry in shock. Did Harry mean it? The older teen smiled down at him warmly.
 
“Brother?” Naruto whispered and Harry nodded.
 
“I've never had a real family Naruto but I think I'd like having a brother. What do you think?”
 
“You don't care about the fox?”
 
“No. You are not Kyuubi, you are Naruto. If those stupid villagers are too blind to see that then it's their loss.” It was a good thing he was already sitting because the force of Naruto's hug would have knocked him off his feet.
 
“Thank you.” Naruto moved to sit beside Harry but leant his head on his new brothers shoulder. Harry smiled and put an arm around his shoulders.
 
“There is a lot about me you don't know Naruto and I think its time for you to hear it. But you can't tell anyone, Hokage's orders. Okay?”
 
“I can keep a secret!” Harry took a deep breath and told Naruto everything, even his relationship with Itachi. Naruto remained quiet after he was finished and it worried Harry. He knew Naruto considered Sasuke his best friend and they still thought Itachi was guilty.
 
“Naruto?” Harry asked hesitantly.
 
“If you like Itachi then he can't be all bad. Something else happened that night, didn't it?” Harry smiled, Naruto was a lot smarter than most credited him with.
 
“Yes, I can't tell you what because I promised but Itachi is innocent.” Naruto thought about it for a while before grinning.
 
“Does that make Sasuke my brother now too?” Harry choked and then laughed. Returning Naruto's grin he attacked, tickling his little brother until the other was incoherent form laughter and tears.
 
----------------------------------------
“Hey.” Harry smiled at his lover and Itachi pulled him into a hug, kissing him hello.
 
“Anything interesting happen lately?” Itachi asked as he ran his fingers through Harry's longer hair. It was nice that Harry was taller now, he'd been a bit short for his age before and it made Itachi fight not to think of him as younger than he actually was.
 
“I found out some stuff, about Naruto.” Harry said quietly.
 
“Kyuubi.” Harry nodded in answer to Itachi's statement.
 
“Found him in an alley being attacked.”
 
“Give them a good scare?” Harry couldn't see it since he was lying against him but he could hear the proud smirk in his lover's voice.
 
“But of course. Now I wish I'd done more. How Naruto's turned out to be such a great kid I'll never know.” Harry sighed tiredly and snuggled closer.
 
“One, he's only four years younger than you so you can't really call him a kid and two, you're a pretty good example of how it can happen. You may not have had it quite as bad but it was bad enough. At least he doesn't scar physically because of the Kyuubi.”
 
“There was too much hate for them to heal.” Harry said softly, looking down at his chest where the scars lay.
 
“They show how strong you are Harry, you survived what they did and didn't give into that hate. Does Naruto know you know?”
 
“I told him. I…he was so afraid Itachi. As if he thought I would hurt him. Once I got it through his head that I don't care about the demon I told him about who I am. He figured out straight away that there was more to the massacre than people believed. I have a smart little brother.” Harry grinned and Itachi smiled.
 
“Little brother huh?”
 
“Yep. He even asked if that meant Sasuke is his brother now.” Itachi laughed.
 
“I can just see the look on my brothers face if Naruto said that to him.”
 
“Naruto knows to keep it a secret. I want to help him Itachi. You should see his apartment and the food they give him. I've seen stray dogs eat better. The place is bigger than my cupboard was but it's no bigger than some of the rooms in the Dursley's. It's not right. And you should meet the lady who runs the building, the utter bitch. I was so tempted to crucio her on my way out.”
 
“You didn't, did you?” Itachi relaxed as he felt Harry shake his head.
 
“I wanted to though.” Itachi smiled slightly, he knew Harry had a temper, especially when his protective instincts were roused but he didn't like him using Dark Magic unless there was no other choice. He didn't want him to ever run the risk of becoming addicted to the stuff.
“Whatever you do you can't let people know it's for Naruto or they will turn you away as well.” Harry nodded again.
“Now, how about we train?” Harry thudded his head back against Itachi earning an oomph of surprise.
 
“Stupid, I forgot. Tsunade is making me get a tutor so I can get fully to genin level. She said I never have to take the chuunin exam but I know that's what she wants. She's trying to tie me to the village.”
 
“Looks like it. As soon as you're a genin you won't be able to leave without being labelled a missing-nin.”
 
“I don't want to fight Itachi, I'm so tired of fighting. I told her no but she won't listen.”
 
“If it wasn't for me she would. Maybe you should.”
 
“Don't you dare finish that sentence.” Harry hissed.
“I love you, I am not giving you up! I've lost everyone and everything I've ever lost I will not add you to that list.” Itachi nodded and hugged Harry, part of him glad that Harry was willing to stay with him even though it would cause him problems.
“If worse comes to worse I can fake my death and leave. I don't want to but I will if I have to. I can change my appearance with glamour easily enough.”
 
“Leave it as a last resort. You deserve the chance to live in Konoha, you're happy there. Even if you do take the exam you could always beg to teach at the Academy or something.” Harry nodded and then stood.
 
“Lets train then.” Itachi grinned and Harry gulped, he was so getting his arse kicked.
 
------
Harry collapsed back into the grass, watching as the glad repaired itself from the damage they'd inflicted. He'd been right, Itachi had wiped him out without breaking a sweat.
 
“That was fun.” Harry sent him a glare worthy of Severus and Itachi chuckled.
 
“You do realise that if I can't move in the morning Kakashi is going to tease me like mad and insinuate that the pain is not from training?”
 
“So?” Harry growled and launched himself at his lover, pinning the older man and proceeding to tickle him. If Sasuke had been able to see the scene he would never have believed his eyes, then again neither would most people who had ever heard of the Uchiha. They finally separated and lay together, too exhausted and content to move.
“I'm telling Iruka tomorrow, I get the feeling he's who Tsunade wants to teach me since he's already been helping me with the language.”
 
“He'll probably accept it, after all from what I've heard he was the first to publicly acknowledge Naruto. He's smart to from what I remember so he'll work out that there is something more to the massacre.”
 
“I wish you'd let me tell them what really happened.”
 
“No, its better this way.”
 
“You're nuts.” Harry stated.
“How can it be better? Your own brother hates you and wants to kill you.”
 
“Better he target me than the real killer.”
 
“And if he gets to the point where he can kill you? What do we do then?” Itachi didn't answer, having no answer himself. Before Harry the answer would have been simple, let Sasuke kill him. But now? He had no answer.
 
TBC…