Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
 
Chapter 12
 
 
“What have you and Harry been up to lately?” Iruka spun around to see Kakashi crouching on his windowsill. He rolled his eyes mentally at the other ninja. Honestly, didn't he know how to use the door?
 
“You'll find out when everyone else does. And get off my window.” Kakashi dropped into the room, looking around casually. He'd never actually been inside the teacher's small house before.
 
“You two have been spending a lot of time together.” Kakashi commented out of the blue.
 
“I'm his teacher for now. Though that will change tomorrow.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“He graduates as a full genin tomorrow.”
 
“In only a month? That is fast.” Kakashi followed him into the living room.
 
“He really only needed the theory and history aspects of an Academy education. He knew most of the rest of the curriculum, some things beyond it, which is understandable considering why he was given training in the first place. He may not be classed as a genius but he is an incredible student, even when you can tell he'd rather be doing something else.”
 
“So he still doesn't want to be a shinobi?” Kakashi was genuinely curious, he and Harry hadn't talked much about it since Tsunade had made her decision.
 
“Hates the idea. He doesn't like killing at all. He could be ANBU or a hunter if he wanted to and tried hard enough but I doubt he'll ever go above genin, chuunin if he's pushed hard enough. If we can get him to chuunin I'll recommend him for the Academy, the children love him and he's so happy when with them.”
 
“I can tell, he's done wonders with my team, even Sasuke relaxes slightly around him.” Neither said anything about what they were both wondering, what would happen if Sasuke ever learned of Harry's relationship with his brother?
“So what have you two been doing other than training? Come on Iruka, you can tell me.” Iruka turned to tell Kakashi no again and gasped in shock. The silver haired man had moved up behind him without him noticing and they were now standing nearly nose-to-nose.
 
“N..no.” Iruka knew he was blushing and tried to fight it down, only succeeding in making himself redder. He could practically feel Kakashi smirking underneath his mask, hang on since when could he actually see Kakashi's lips? Iruka gasped as said lips grazed his gently. The gasp allowed Kakashi to slip his tongue into Iruka's mouth and deepen the kiss. He pulled back after a few seconds and slipped his mask back into place, smiling softly behind it at the dazed chuunin as he backed off a bit to give him room.
“Kakashi? What?” Iruka shook his head to clear his heads.
 
“I would have thought it's obvious. I like you Iruka; actually I am attracted to you, a lot. Have been for ages.”
 
“Me? Why?” Iruka was sure he was as red as a tomato but he couldn't do anything about it. Kakashi shrugged.
 
“Loads of reasons. You're cute, especially when you blush. You're not afraid to stand up to people ranked higher than you. You care about people. Pick one, I can't.” Kakashi fidgeted slightly as Iruka simply stared in silence. He hoped he hadn't judged wrong and was about to get kicked out painfully. He stayed still as Iruka moved in closer, brown eyes studying his visible one. Iruka suddenly broke into the most stunning smile Kakashi had ever seen and stepped in close, hands going to the edges of his mask and carefully rolling it up enough to reveal his mouth. Kakashi finally relaxed as hesitant lips brushed his. He smiled and put his hands around Iruka's waist, pulling him even closer and gently deepening the kiss.
 
----------------------
“You passed!” Naruto whooped in joy, throwing his arms around his big brother joyfully before stepping back to study the hitai-ate tied around Harry's head.
 
“Congratulations Harry!” Sakura said smiling happily at the older teen. Harry was glad she was firmly fixated on Sasuke or else he had the feeling he'd be the one she was chasing after, he had a small following of females from various age groups, especially since his majority and it drove him crazy. Itachi just found it hilarious when he wasn't feeling jealous. Sasuke just smirked as if to say `of course he passed, what's the big deal?' Harry was glad he'd spent the time learning all of the Uchiha smirks by watching Itachi or he wouldn't have a clue what was going on with Sasuke most of the time.
 
“Good job kid.” Kakashi said, smiling happily at his flatmate. Harry smiled back but the older men could see the sadness in it, Harry really didn't want to be shinobi. He was only acting so happy because of the kids although Iruka had the feeling Naruto suspected from the way he was acting to keep attention from Harry by jumping around and yelling like an idiot.
 
“Mind if I borrow Naruto for a bit?” Harry asked out of the blue. Iruka sent a subtle nod at Kakashi so he nodded as well.
 
“Sure. Have fun you two.” Naruto grinned and grabbed onto Harry's arm.
 
“Where are we going? Can we get Ramen?” Iruka smiled and laughed softly as the two disappeared. He could feel Kakashi watching him.
 
“This have something to do with why you've been spending so much time with my cook?”
 
“He's not your cook Kakashi and yes it is but that's all I'm saying. I need to report to the Hokage. Have fun training you two.” Iruka smiled at the teens and left.
 
------------------------------
Naruto followed Harry happily as they walked through the village, ignoring the usual glares although secretly happy that Harry was returning them at an increased intensity. He remembered what Harry had called him last month and it made it so much easier to ignore the glares and whispers, they didn't matter as long as he had his friends and brother.
 
“Where are we going Harry?” Naruto asked as they headed into a section of the village where the streets were lined with small, nice houses. He usually only came to this area when going to see Iruka-sensei since he lived only a few streets away.
 
“Nearly there Naruto.” Harry extended his hand slightly and Naruto latched on, smiling, happy that Harry didn't care about being seen with the `demon'. He frowned slightly in confusion as Harry stopped in front of a newish one-story house.
“Put your hand on that post and state your full name.” Naruto followed Harry's instructions and then followed him up the path to the door. He watched in surprise as Harry pulled out some keys and unlocked the door. They slipped out of their shoes and Naruto stared around the fully furnished living room in awe.
“Kitchen's through there as well as a small dining room. Bedrooms, study and bathrooms are down here.” Naruto followed him down the hall and into each of the four bedrooms.
“Best bit for a shinobi is out here.” Harry opened the backdoor and led him outside. In the backyard was a training area and small dojo, fully equipped. Harry let him wander around to his hearts content before they went back inside and into the living room.
 
“It's great Harry! So you're finally moving out of Kakashi-sensei's.” Harry smiled and shook his head. Naruto stared dumbly down at the set of keys that were being pressed into his hand.
“What?”
 
“Happy Birthday for the last fourteen years. It's all yours Naruto.” Naruto stared at Harry as if he'd gone mad.
 
“I can't. What about you? You can't give this to me.” Naruto tried to give the keys back but Harry wouldn't let him.
 
“I bought this place for you Naruto. I'm happy where I am at the moment, though you can expect me over frequently to visit and Iruka's only two streets over so he'll be over a lot too probably. You're my brother Naruto and family looks after each other. Don't worry about the cost, I've got plenty. I want to do this for you. You deserve a safe place to live, not that apartment of yours. The property is fully warded, no one meaning you harm can step foot on it. When you touched the post I transferred the wards to you as the owner. Iruka helped me get this all set up with the sort of stuff you like and the equipment you need. I'll have to show you all the neat tricks we put in, some magical and some not. All of the rooms have been magically enlarged without changing the outside dimensions, same with the backyard so that no one walking by can tell. Though I did set up a heavily warded room under the house that I may need to use occasionally but I can apparate in and out of that without disturbing you. I needed somewhere secret for various magical experiments.” Harry watched as Naruto stared down at the keys in his hand.
 
“You…you really mean it? This is all for me?” Harry smiled and pulled his little brother in for a hug when he noticed the sheen to blue eyes, signalling withheld tears.
 
“I mean it little brother, this is all yours. The cupboard and fridge are even charmed to supply food, proper food. They'll only give you ramen once a week. You can't live off that stuff your whole life you know. Your wardrobe also has new clothes, in colours other than orange. I don't want to lose the only sibling I've ever had just because an enemy saw his clothes.” Harry pushed him away playfully and Naruto smiled around the escaping tears.
“It's okay to cry you know.” Naruto nodded and let the tears come until Harry decided they'd lasted long enough and began a tickle match.
 
-----------------------------------
“Naruto like his surprise?” Harry smiled at the memory and leant back into the embrace.
 
“He loved it once he got it through his head that I was serious and that it was all his. Thanks for the ideas on the training area, it really helped Iruka and me.” Harry twisted in the lose embrace so that he could kiss his lover hello.
“I think I may have a way for us to meet up again.” Itachi was suddenly all ears.
“I put a room in under the house for magic. No one but me can get in unless I let them. If I managed to leave a portkey somewhere for you it would be a simple thing for you to use it and we could see each other. Naruto knows about us so he wouldn't say anything even if he found out, as long as you didn't do anything against Konoha and you wouldn't.” Itachi stared at him in shock before smiling and pulling him into a kiss.
 
“That could work. Harry you're brilliant.”
 
“Hardly, you're the genius in this relationship. Oh, I graduated today. Don't know what'll happen next but I'm officially a ninja of Konoha.”
 
“In only a month, congratulations.” Harry nodded, relaxing in his lovers embrace. He really hoped his idea worked, he hated not being able to see him in the flesh, especially with the life Itachi lived. They both knew their relationship could end through death at any moment so they took everyone they could get. Kakashi and Kisame both tended to let them sleep whenever they wanted to when they could to give them that time.
 
“By the way, Naruto's really getting into the brother thing.” Itachi could hear the amusement in Harry's voice even though Harry had his face buried in his neck.
 
“Oh?”
 
“Yep, especially the threatening your siblings significant other with bodily harm bit. Basically do anything to hurt me and he'll set Kyuubi on you and if that doesn't work he'll set Sasuke's fan girls on you.” Itachi shuddered.
 
“Is it bad that I find the second scarier?” Harry laughed.
 
“Nope, Kyuubi's just a big fluff ball.”
 
“And you know this how?” Itachi frowned in worry, how on earth could Harry know that? He knew from previous surveillance that Naruto avoided talking about the fox if at all possible.
 
“We met?”
 
“WHAT!”
 
“Calm down, sheesh. You sounded like Severus before he got to know me. Kyu was curious about me after hearing what I told Naruto so I figured we might as well chat. I used Legilimency to get into Naruto's mind and met Kyu. He's not that bad if you talk to him. Turns out attacking Konoha wasn't exactly his idea and he feels bad about what happened. I negotiated better terms between them and they're both a lot happier now. Naruto gets easier access to Kyu's chakra plus training from him and Kyu gets more access to Naruto's senses and better living conditions. A win-win situation for all.”
 
“And if something had gone wrong during your little meeting?” Itachi asked, still worried.
 
“I knew what I was doing, I would have pulled out immediately, promise.” Itachi knew that was all he'd get from the stubborn young man so he let it go.
 
“All right, just don't do those things to often, okay?”
 
“Okay. I have a meeting with the Hokage tomorrow about what happens now that I'm a genin. She's got me as a shinobi now she has to figure out what to do with me.”
 
“I've been thinking. You could claim your magic as a bloodline. Magic is just a type of energy, right? So you could say you have the ability to pull energy from around you and shape it to your will. Since you're claiming to be from far away no one could really say you're lying.”
 
“It would also bring more attention then I want. But it could work. I'll ask Tsunade tomorrow what she thinks about the idea. Want to train a bit or do something else?” Itachi grinned and Harry suddenly found himself trying to get away as Itachi had him pinned and was tickling him mercilessly. Harry shrieked and attacked back, laughing hard enough to cry. The sudden tickle war didn't last very long as they soon began kissing.
 
TBC…